HI - San Luis Obispo Hostel Reviews

1617 Santa Rosa St., San Luis Obispo, CA, San Luis Obispo, USA

Favourite hostel I stayed in America. Hostel staff were lovely and the hostel was just the right size to be able to meet people. Slightly annoying that it closed for a few hours in the afternoon, but this was nothing too major.

The staff were real friendly and it was kind of how I happily imagined it would be - a big American house style, very homely, comfortable and welcoming. Thank you! It was cool :-)

Friendly athmosphere and nice staff; good breakfast with brown pancakes, tea and milk.

the best hostel we stayed in in USA, great value for money!!!

Kurt was a great lad

Warm welcoming staff that engaged in dinner conversations and pointed out things of interest to do. The morning pancakes were "mixed with love" and were a great way to begin the day. Definitely the best hostel experience on my trip.

• 17th May 2015

Really didn't like being shut out from 11 to 4:30 every day.

We only stayed 1 night and arrived around 9pm after a very long day of driving. We were greeted, told to park in the back of the house and given the security code for the door. Sheets and blankets were folded on our beds. Some ppl hanging out in the kitchen, some people hanging around the living room playing instruments... Adorable atmosphere! Although the mattress was so thin I could feel every spring , the wifi was great and kept me occupied. It is well located too!

• 12th Apr 2015

Laid back with a functional kitchen and an overall antiqueish ambience.

What a home away from home. I stayed a week here and encountered many different people. I stayed in 2 separate private rooms during my stay and each was comfortable. But the front room desperately needs its duvets dry cleaned. Its an easy walk into town and 1 minute from the Amtrak. This is more like an old guesthouse not a party scene at all. Staff were friendly , Eddy in particular went out of his way to greet you. Fond memories !

• 5th Feb 2015

The staff and travelers were friendly, helpful and personable. The pancake breakfast was an unexpected treat!

• 6th Jan 2015

Noisy upstairs bunk mate is my major complaint.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Had a great time at HI - San Luis Obispo Hostel and met lots of really friendly travelers. The place is super clean and cozy!

It was fine, relatively quiet and everyone was nice. The only thing that I wasn't a fan of were the beds--foam mattress pad was way uncomfortable and I could barely walk in the morning.

Great place. The bedrooms and bathrooms were pretty clean and always had toilet paper. I wasn't impressed with their kitchen (not as clean as the rooms)

Staff was incredibly helpful, awesome people. Hostel is what you'd expect. solid for the price.

I loved this place. It was close to downtown but still quiet and out of the way. The staff was lovely and let me check in even during their closed hours, which were nowhere in the description of the Hostel. This made sure I was not late to the wedding I was attending. Will stay again if I'm in SLO.

• 20th Sep 2014

The staff, especially Dave and Elena, were all incredibly laid back and helpful. They introduced me to new people in the town and generally were always available for good conversation. The hostel itself has a real family home type feel and the its only a 10 minute walk from downtown.

Our only hiccup was we were hoping to get on the road straight after breakfast, which was not ready until later than we had been advised. Understood that a new person was being trained, but there was also then no order of which guests had been waiting longer to cook their pancakes first. Not a huge issues, and did not taint our view of the hostel but just some constructive feedback,

I absolutely fell in love with this hostel. The ABSOLUTE BEST I have ever stayed in. The staff was great and all the people were friendly and talkative. The location was perfect to downtown, which happens to be the coolest downtown ever! So satisfied with the prices and stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4