HI Santos Hostel Reviews

R. Barao de Paranapiacaba 22 Santos, Santos, Brazil

In general, I had a good time at Santos Hostel. I just didn't like the fact that sometimes the hostel was empty and the facilities were really dirty. The sleep over was good but the air conditioner was not functioning properly. I would recommend the hostel if you're low on money and just need a place to crash during the night.

• 17th May 2014

This was by far the most disgusting hostel we have stayed in over the past 3 months. It was so filthy we slept in our clothes since the sheets were the only thing that was clean. All of the lockers had been pried open at some point so no longer locked properly. The staff were friendly but this was the only pro. Couldn't wait to leave. I cannot believe they are an HI hostel since I was under the impression that standards had to be met.

Only hostel in Santos! But very friendly staff, very nice location bang centre of Santos. Everything is walkable from here. Value for money. Recommended!

the only reason we came to santos was to watch a football match which in fairness was brilliant highly recommend but other than that the city is awful. the hostel its self.. well through the list, the entire place was covered in mould, the kitchen was a disgrace (other guests fault but still), we had a snorlax sleeping underneath us aswell as building works next door so couldnt sleep. best part-they gave our money back for the last night

Toilets and bedrooms were dirty

• 20th May 2013
  • Colombia

Great staff,easy to self cater,near the main street in Santos,about 15 mins walk to beach or lots of buses if lazy.

DISGUSTING, VILE, STINKY MOULD Y ROOM, Bathroom Equally FILTHY, Curtain not changed for approx 5 years. He had the nerve to charge extra. for that room cos no one else wanted it..M.Just be aware for future..NEVER AGAIN!!

Place is ok,but nothing special.

It's a simple hostel with very clean shared bathrooms. However, the room where I stayed was totally full with no ventilation...In overall, it's a good place to sleep over.

I'm not saying I wouldn't stay here again, I'm saying I would definitely explore all other options before going back. The housekeeper playing "Fire to the Rain" on her phone at top volume at 7:30am was my first clue that nobody here really cares about the guest experience. It's also quite expensive, even for Santos.

• 7th Nov 2012

It's very good. I am goin back there another time.

• 15th Aug 2012
  • Mixed Group

Great place, with a very helpful staff. Breakfast was good and the hostel offers all the facilities. I'd definitely recommend.

without curtains in the rooms =(

• 11th Mar 2012

I am sorry for the delay in replying. However, I thoroughly enjoed my two nights at this hostel. When I am tired, I struggle to remember my portuguese, so I was relieved to know that the staff spoke very good english. They were very knowledgeable. The fruit juices were very nice, especially the strawberry coloured one!! I think if I had a criticism it would be about the breakfast. It was not varied enough. I will be back in Brasil, but hopefully on a more permanent basis! Thank you very much.

• 6th Feb 2012

Very good place to stay.

The friend was really nice. When I arrived in the night one of the first things they did was to offer me a beer and ask me if i would join a party with them. They were really good in passing me information about everything from tourist attractions to parties in the city. The other people at the hostel were also really nice and all in all i had a great experience even though the weather wasn't that good.

• 25th Dec 2011
  • Denmark

The owner and staff are outstanding. They were super helpful. This is totally the cutest place!! So welcoming!! My husband would have liked air-con instead of fans but it was so wondrful to stay in such a delightful place that I got him to overlook it. We were close enough to the port to easily get to our cruise. So glad to have found this place.

• 22nd Dec 2011

Beautiful and comfortable place; very well located; helpful staff; very nice people, especially the owner and his family!! In a nutshell, it´s a place where you really feel like home!! :D

• 18th Nov 2011