HI - Seattle at the American Hotel Hostel Reviews

520 S. King St., Seattle, USA

The room and bath room are very clean,free breakfast is also very good and security is excellent. The hostel is really close to bolt bus stop and greyhound bus stop for 20min walk. If I lvisit to seattle again,i will stay here.

Good atmosphere, staff is better in the morning. Good breakfast e showers! A little bit far from downtown, but still a good location. I would stay there again!

good clean hostel in perfect location

All things considered the hostel made for an excellent stay. The staff, especially Audrey and Ashley are extremely hospitable. My one gripe about the hostel is that there wasn't enough effort on the hostels part to foster a sense of camaraderie amongst the guest that were staying there. Location is excellent as its literally within walking distance from the majority of the attractions.

Staff were very friendly and amiable and helpful!!! :D

• 28th Aug 2014

Great hostel in very convenient location. Staff was super nice and helpful. The information sheets in reception were also useful the day 1 2 in Seattle were great.

Can be pretty warm at night

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Ok hostel - we had a super small room (some were larger), wifi was good, staff were helpful when asking where to go and what to do, in a strange area of town but easy to get to the central shops etc. by the underground bus, showers good, breakfast was ok - bagels, toast orange, banana and oatmeal, had lots of birds making noise at night but guess that can't be helped. Rooms get warm - bigger fans would be nice!!

Excellent location! The dom is too small to open the baggage. There are too few public shower room per floor. But they have a large kitchen and common area. Wifi works excellent there.

Excellent location in downtown Seattle. Clean place, staff is nice, all but great reviews!

• 10th Aug 2014

Very Close to railway station and to china town. When I was there, there was noisy construction work outside. The lockers aren't beautiful but huge, you still must bring your own padlock.

It was a good hostel I have ever stayed compared with the money you spend. Facilities are pretty new and cleanliness is good. Not all staffs are helpful. I stayed there for 3 nights. One night when I came back after midnight , I couldn't open my door and I had to go back and forth 2 times to ask them to check my access card.

Loved staying here! It's cool to be in the heart of the International District and right next to the Link Light Rail and bus station (though the area is a bit shady at night). The staff were amazing! Really nice and helpful. There were hostellers of all ages here, the rooms and bathrooms were really clean, and they've got a great breakfast.

All good. Very helpful staff. Good location given the price (less than 5 min walk from International station, 20-25 min walk to Pike Market, 40-50 min walk to Space Needle)

it was so good.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect. But the parking is a big problem. All information around the hostel are perfect. It is easy to find anything you need. I will choose it again next time.

Very noisy and often cluttered bathrooms.

I enjoyed that it was in Chinatown however it was very close to the homeless shelters and I felt unsafe walking through that area at night. I witnessed a female being harassed by a male and actually used my whistle to get him to leave her alone. Lots of people sleeping in the streets. While I empathize with the homeless I Wished I had chosen another neighborhood. On the upside it was only one block from the light rail to SEA. That was convenient.

• 19th Jul 2014

Good hostel well located with frierndly helpful staff. Older building but good facilities overall.

I got there on 5th July about 5pm. The lady with long hair on chick in counter was not helpful and attitude is a bit rude. Except that others are all good.