HI - Seattle at the American Hotel Hostel Reviews

520 S. King St., Seattle, USA

The location lets this hostel down, as two female travelers we did not feel particularly comfortable traveling back after dark. The hostel itself however is really nice, the bedrooms well equipped, and the bathrooms very clean and a good number for the number of guests staying. The breakfast was quite limited, but the kitchen was one of the best I've seen in a hostel. The staff were very knowledgeable, and Charlie the volunteer concierge was very helpful for us tourists!

I chose a 4 person dorm thinking it would just be us 4 sharing a bathroom and there were only floor bathrooms available. At one point the floor bathroom was being cleaned and both single bathrooms were in use so I had to go up to the next floor to use the bathroom. This was in the morning when people were getting ready to go out for the day or check out before 11am. Also common room closes at 11pm so had to go to hard chairs in the first floor kitchen area.

Very clean, but watch out at night. Very rough area with poor food choices and hard to spot.

• 1st Oct 2014

I loved the location and facilities of the hostel. Some staffs were kind and helpful and I really appreciate their help. However, some were not. When I asked transportation information to University of Washington and Victoria Clipper pier, staffs answered perfunctorily or even told me wrong information.

The room and bath room are very clean,free breakfast is also very good and security is excellent. The hostel is really close to bolt bus stop and greyhound bus stop for 20min walk. If I lvisit to seattle again,i will stay here.

Good atmosphere, staff is better in the morning. Good breakfast e showers! A little bit far from downtown, but still a good location. I would stay there again!

good clean hostel in perfect location

All things considered the hostel made for an excellent stay. The staff, especially Audrey and Ashley are extremely hospitable. My one gripe about the hostel is that there wasn't enough effort on the hostels part to foster a sense of camaraderie amongst the guest that were staying there. Location is excellent as its literally within walking distance from the majority of the attractions.

Staff were very friendly and amiable and helpful!!! :D

• 28th Aug 2014

Great hostel in very convenient location. Staff was super nice and helpful. The information sheets in reception were also useful the day 1 2 in Seattle were great.

Can be pretty warm at night

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Ok hostel - we had a super small room (some were larger), wifi was good, staff were helpful when asking where to go and what to do, in a strange area of town but easy to get to the central shops etc. by the underground bus, showers good, breakfast was ok - bagels, toast orange, banana and oatmeal, had lots of birds making noise at night but guess that can't be helped. Rooms get warm - bigger fans would be nice!!

Excellent location! The dom is too small to open the baggage. There are too few public shower room per floor. But they have a large kitchen and common area. Wifi works excellent there.

Excellent location in downtown Seattle. Clean place, staff is nice, all but great reviews!

• 10th Aug 2014

Very Close to railway station and to china town. When I was there, there was noisy construction work outside. The lockers aren't beautiful but huge, you still must bring your own padlock.

It was a good hostel I have ever stayed compared with the money you spend. Facilities are pretty new and cleanliness is good. Not all staffs are helpful. I stayed there for 3 nights. One night when I came back after midnight , I couldn't open my door and I had to go back and forth 2 times to ask them to check my access card.

Loved staying here! It's cool to be in the heart of the International District and right next to the Link Light Rail and bus station (though the area is a bit shady at night). The staff were amazing! Really nice and helpful. There were hostellers of all ages here, the rooms and bathrooms were really clean, and they've got a great breakfast.

All good. Very helpful staff. Good location given the price (less than 5 min walk from International station, 20-25 min walk to Pike Market, 40-50 min walk to Space Needle)

it was so good.