HI - Seattle at the American Hotel Hostel Reviews

520 S. King St., Seattle, USA

We were looking for a quick stay that was inexpensive, close to the light rail and to Safeco Field where we had tickets to a Mariners game. This hotel fit the bill perfectly. There are a couple of bars on the block with some interesting folks hanging around in the evening, but they were easily avoided by crossing the street and were probably harmless anyway. All in all, a great choice for location and not fancy, but everything was clean, orderly and practical. Would stay here again.

• 23rd Jun 2014

We had a mostly humorous experience. We were four old guys who got locked in our dorm room in the middle of the night. It took quite some time and effort on our part and the hostel staff to get us out. At one point we thought the fire department would have to save us through the window on to the street:) All ended well, but the room security was destroyed so there was no way to lock the room the much of the next day. However, we experienced no problem associated with the breached security.

• 17th Jun 2014

Absolutely fabulous location. Asian supermarket a block away, restaurants next door and bar on the corner. Can be sketchy late at night. Walking distance to all of downtown seattle if you want to get some exercise and explore. Breakfast is decent and place is safe and clean. Probably can find cheaper place but not as convenient or consistent. This is a hostel so expect a hostel.

Good location and good helpful staff, plus breakfast! Only went to Seattle for one night but I thought it was a good hostel from what I saw.

Super helpful staff, amazing location. I would recommend to anyone staying in Seattle! Any questions I had the staff had an answer and they were always willing to give great suggestions of things to do in the area. Bedrooms were super clean and washrooms were never gross despite them being almost at full capacity when I was there.

• 21st May 2014

Great staff. Always kind and ready to help.

Air was quite sticky in the room

• 16th May 2014

Great hostel, but wifi sucks

• 13th May 2014
  • Taiwan

This place is great! People are very nice!

• 11th May 2014
  • China

In middle of Chinatown. Very much kitchen equipment. Good breakfast.

Friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast, will recommend to other travelers.

• 7th May 2014

Very accommodating staff, clean and tidy, dodgy part of town but awesomely close to transit centre, young girls running amuck until after midnight in the halls on several occasions, apart from that I really enjoyed staying here!

• 2nd May 2014
  • New Zealand

I'm sorry I cannot say much, I didn't really stay at the hostel due to some changes in my travel

Its an amazing place, near to walk to everything, I loved Seattle and I had a 4 bed-room for my self the breakfirst was one and first best ever in my many hostel which I saw in Amercia! People very friendly and helpful, big livingroom in different levels. Big good kitchen, much space for ur stuffs! everytime again if I'll come back

I am a girl, and someone from the staff just gave me a bed in a boy bedroom... It was just so difficult to reach that first bedroom with all my luggage. Nobody helped me, And when I needed to change of bedroom to go in a girls one, none suggested neither to help me. Not very kind.

A good option for affordable lodging while in Seattle.

The people that work there tend to be very kurt and not exceptionally nice, but they are straight and to the point and are helpful when needed. Security is good and rooms aren't too cramped. I stayed in an girls room with 2 bunks, total of 4 people. The setup is nice, you have your own outlets and the breakfast was a surprise. The internet sucks beyond the common room areas. They have some events during the week like cookie night, but it was just 1 batch of cookies and one group took them all...

Fantastic hostel just minutes from the Amtrac station. The neighbourhood. Is safer than downtown with great value asian resturants. The girls that work here are very friendly and helpful. Had a wonderful 2 day stopover here and would thoroughly recommend it

This is a nice enough hostel, but we did not know that there was no drinking at the hostel so that came as a little bit of a surprise. the location is great if you are looking to go to the sports fields, but there are a lot of homeless people that are posted up on the corners. I felt safe as a guy but i think if you a traveling as a single female it would be worth spending a little more to stay more central in the city. If you want to party stay somewhere else.

The bed was thin and room was stuffy 9(needs a roof fan in room as little ones kept people awake). Internet was a bit scratchy in rooms and the door lock in room 310 (think that was the room) was not working well.