HI - Seattle at the American Hotel Hostel Reviews

520 S. King St., Seattle, USA

THE cleanest and most comfortable hostel ever! No sandpaper towels here! Plugs everywhere for your convenience. Super friendly staff.

• 26th Jul 2015

Great staff.

• 18th Jul 2015

I thought the hostel was really nice and loved that there was a mix of private/shared bathrooms and showers. My only real concern about the place was the sketchy people in the area at night. There were so many drunk and belligerent street people around and I felt really uncomfortable waiting 20 minutes for my taxi to show up. Otherwise, the hostel itself was great!

• 17th Jul 2015

Be careful at night. There are thugs outside of the hostel. I would've been robbed by three guys if there were no people walking on the street.

The hostel is in a terrible part of town - there were drug deals going on out front and there was lots of loitering late at night in the next street. We heard a woman loudly yelling for a group of men to "move along if you dont have no money" from the hostel bed when the window was open. For us it was ok for one night as it was close to our bus but i would never stay again nor recommend it to anyone.

Stayed one night, great location for going to Century Link. Staff wasn't too friendly, but not really rude either. Clean rooms. No a/c, but that's true of most Seattle buildings. Fans available by beds is a nice touch.

First time at a hostel and it has exceeded my expectations. This was a brilliant stay.

• 9th Jul 2015

The staff were very good. However, the homeless and alcoholics that are around the hostel all day, and especially in the night, make the hostel a difficult place to stay. On the way back to Seattle, I decided to stay at the Green Tortoise Hostel. A much better living environment.

I love this hostel, especially kitchen. It is conviniet here. If you buy many food in Bike place market. You can be enjoyed cooking here. N it's good access to greyhound bus station, safeco field, CenturyLink Field. If you would like to see sports, you will be satisfied with this location.

It's a bit far from downtown (about a 30 min walk to the main tourist attractions) and there are a lot of homeless around. Nevertheless I enjoyed my stay.

Chinese were shouting at the top of their voices until 3am. People slammed the doors all night, there was no aircon at all in the room so it was 80 degrees trying to sleep.

• 25th Jun 2015

i had a great time in seattle.... the place is really good: close to king station, clean, the streets are not very great to walk at night. some weird couple enter our room and try to take someone`s bed.... but the situation was resolved fast.

• 19th Jun 2015

Thanks so much for staying with us and for reviewing us online! I'm so glad you enjoyed the city and your stay at the hostel. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience with the room. Hope to see you again soon!- Take Care, Lydia, AGM

Spent one night here before my flight out. Not horrible, but not great either. The lockers in the room wouldn't close unless I forced it. Very clean, but a lot of vacancies. Shared shower facility holds two. I also booked online, and expected to pay $28, but when I arrived they asked for $35. Checked out at 3AM for an early flight, and is right next to the rail station. It is not a great area. I'd recommend the Green Tortoise Hostel instead, but it is constantly full, so this works in a pinch.

Thanks so much for reviewing us online. Thank you for letting us know about the lockers, they have been fixed. I did check with hostel world and confirmed that the rate was correct, but I understand that it can be confusing with the taxes. There is unfortunately a 15.6% lodging tax in Seattle, which will be reduced for our guests beginning August 1, 2015. I hope that you will try us out again during your next stay in the city and we can make it up to you. Take Care, Lydia AGM

I really enjoyed my stay here in Seattle. The team is superb. I have interacted with everyone and have only positive things to say about them. It's refreshing to have a smoke and alcohol free environment..

• 13th Jun 2015

It was wonderful to have you here and thanks so much for your kind words. We'll see you again soon!-Take Care, Lydia, AGM

staff very knowledgable

Thanks so much for staying with us and for reviewing us online. Travel Safe!-Lydia, AGM

We enjoyed our stay at the Seattle HI Hostel very much. Great location, walking distance to many attractions. Very clean and comfortable. Free breakfast with some healthy choices and the perfect place to meet and chat with other visitors.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hostel and were spend some quality time in Seattle. Please come back and see us again soon. Thanks for the review!- Lydia, AGM

The hostel itself was very clean. Facilities were good. Staff were lovely. The location of this hostel is far from ideal though. It's an unpleasant half hour walk down town. Only walk at night time if you enjoy being harassed for money and being grabbed and told to go to an ATM. Also as a 21 year old I found the this hostel to be skewed toward an older crowd.

Thanks for your review! It was wonderful to have you here. I'm so sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with the neighborhood. This is an ongoing issue, but it is continually improving, thanks in part to the many travelers that come to stay, as well as the neighborhood associations and the involvement with the city. Please come back and see us again soon!--Take Care, Lydia, AGM

In a really sketchy area. Dangerous to walk around the area even during the day, despite close proximity to Bolt Bus, Union Station and Downtown. Stick in groups. Hostel itself is good, although its bad that you have to pay for luggage storage when checking out - this should be free. Beds clean, although 4 bed dorm has another room attached with no door - so its basically an 8 bed! this should be advertised! Some floors the showers are communal. WiFi good and breakfast sufficient enough.

I have stayed there three times, and I found it to be convenient to stay there.It is a ten minute walk to Safeco field and to century link field.It is a two minute walk to the link trsin and four stops to pike and pine station.I am from central massachusetts, and I love Seattle.

nice hostel, everything you would expect a hostel to be, very easy if you enter by Amtrek, only few minutes walk

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7