HI - Seattle at the American Hotel Hostel Reviews

520 S. King St., Seattle, USA

Nice hostel with cheap vending machine products....

• 18th Dec 2014
  • vibratingstinkbug

The area of town is a little rough, breakfast was not quality, quantity or tasty, but the night staff were great and the location in regards to public transport is amazing

The attitude of the staff could have been better. When we first arrive there, one of the staff says it's impossible to make us into the same room since my friends and I make separate reservation. It's okay to separate us but please keep your good attitudes towards guests. We're not supposed to notice this before as you do not even specify on your website when we make reservation.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

large rooms, clean bathrooms, good kitchen and a nice lounge area, in the middle of chinatown downtown, I'd say good, apart the exagerate price for storing my luggage half a day before leaving!

This is the perfect location for my sister and myself (70 and 73). A short walk to the transit station takes you to BOLT, the new, inexpensive express bus to Portland or Bellingham/Vancouver. A half block away is the gateway to the International District (don't miss the huge dragon climbing the phone pole). The neighborhood is clean, quiet, and safe. You may see a few drunks on the street. While unsavory, they never present a danger. As nice a hostel as I have stayed in.

• 18th Nov 2014

The location lets this hostel down, as two female travelers we did not feel particularly comfortable traveling back after dark. The hostel itself however is really nice, the bedrooms well equipped, and the bathrooms very clean and a good number for the number of guests staying. The breakfast was quite limited, but the kitchen was one of the best I've seen in a hostel. The staff were very knowledgeable, and Charlie the volunteer concierge was very helpful for us tourists!

Hostel très propre et très bien entretenu, personnel accueillant et toujours prêt à rendre service/donner des conseils touristiques. Bonne ambiance. Bonne localisation dans Seattle.

• 25th Oct 2014

I chose a 4 person dorm thinking it would just be us 4 sharing a bathroom and there were only floor bathrooms available. At one point the floor bathroom was being cleaned and both single bathrooms were in use so I had to go up to the next floor to use the bathroom. This was in the morning when people were getting ready to go out for the day or check out before 11am. Also common room closes at 11pm so had to go to hard chairs in the first floor kitchen area.

Very clean, but watch out at night. Very rough area with poor food choices and hard to spot.

• 1st Oct 2014

I loved the location and facilities of the hostel. Some staffs were kind and helpful and I really appreciate their help. However, some were not. When I asked transportation information to University of Washington and Victoria Clipper pier, staffs answered perfunctorily or even told me wrong information.

The room and bath room are very clean,free breakfast is also very good and security is excellent. The hostel is really close to bolt bus stop and greyhound bus stop for 20min walk. If I lvisit to seattle again,i will stay here.

Good atmosphere, staff is better in the morning. Good breakfast e showers! A little bit far from downtown, but still a good location. I would stay there again!

staff action is infortant.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Bonne localisation, plutôt économique mais ambiance un peu usine. lits confortables et chambres/douches propres

good clean hostel in perfect location

All things considered the hostel made for an excellent stay. The staff, especially Audrey and Ashley are extremely hospitable. My one gripe about the hostel is that there wasn't enough effort on the hostels part to foster a sense of camaraderie amongst the guest that were staying there. Location is excellent as its literally within walking distance from the majority of the attractions.

Staff were very friendly and amiable and helpful!!! :D

• 28th Aug 2014

Great hostel in very convenient location. Staff was super nice and helpful. The information sheets in reception were also useful the day 1 2 in Seattle were great.

Can be pretty warm at night

• 24th Aug 2014