HI Seattle at the American Hotel

Fabulous 880 Total Reviews

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
20th Jun 2017
6.6

Nice hostel, clean and with a good kitchen and living area, and good beds. Wifi was ok but dropped out at times and not overly fast. Ok atmosphere, they put activities on during the day and evenings which is nice. Staff were overall rude and arrogant for no reason. They didn't want to be there and you could tell. Lack of smiles, no offer to help either in the hostel or tip for around town. This is one of the most expensive hostels I have stayed at, some good customer service is needed.

• joshmagoun747759
  • USA, Male, 31-40
14th Jun 2017

My first time at a hostel. It was like staying at an international dorm. Which is not a bad thing. Met some cool people from all over the world. The staff was great. The price was right. The next time I'm in Seattle I'm staying there again for sure.

Congrats on your first hostelling experience! I hope this is the catalyst for many more hostel stays. There are so many wonderful hostels all over US and the world. Thanks so much for staying with us. Kind Regards, Lydia, AGM

• Australia, Female, 41+
12th Jun 2017
7.4

Large centrally located hostel which is close to "all" public transport. Walking distance to neighbourhoods surrounding the downtown area. The hostel has all the facilities you could ask for including a healthy breakfast, large kitchen, hot beverages, washing facilities,lockers & more. Activities are offered daily & try to incorporate guest participation whilst staying in Seattle, but it still lacks a vibe!

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am interested to know what specifically you are looking for in vibe and atmosphere. Feel free to email me with suggestions at lydia@americanhotelseattle.com. We are always looking for ways to improve. Kind Regards, Lydia, AGM

11th Jun 2017

First of all have to give credit to a make staff member who was able to get me a bed when everything in the area was sold out. I read some comments that rooms get too hot, this was not my experience, maybe perhaps because I was next to the window and it was kept open so we had fresh air come into the room. I had an overall pleasant experience.

I'm so happy to hear that you had a great experience with us. I'm glad we could help! Travel Safe, Lydia, AGM

• sanchez1228
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
8th Jun 2017

Went to watch the BlueJays play. Hostel was perfect. The train from the airport stops a 5 min walk from the hostel. Easy walking distance to SafeCo Field. Provided towels & soap/bodywash in the showers, which were clean and never had to wait. Big lockers in the rooms and could rent even larger lockers for suitcases for a few dollars per day. Big clean kitchen. Laundry. They had complimentary breakfast which I didn't try. The sushi place right next door was amazing for the price. Easy walk dt.

Thanks so much for such a wonderful rating! I'm so glad you enjoyed the sushi! Happy Travels, Lydia, AGM

• Austria, Male, 25-30
8th Jun 2017
8.0

stayed one night... everything was pretty decend... basically what I expected. staff was friendly and helpful... could leave my luggage before checking in and after checking out which was great. location is really good if you are sports fan and want to be close to the Seahawks-/ Mariners-Stadium. may take a bit to go the Kerry Park or the Space Needle but overall the location is pretty good. beds were good. everyone in my 4-bedroom room got his/her own personal locker which was big enough.

Thanks for your kind words! Travel Safe!--Lydia, AGM

• juli_owens6488
  • USA, Female, 41+
2nd Jun 2017

The most attractive thing about this hostel is it's location. It was very close to the train from the airport and super easy to locate.

Thanks for mentioning the transportation! Kind Regards, Lydia, AGM

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
28th May 2017

It's a very clean hostel. A little bit pricy considering it's not a hotel, but a hostel. However, Seattle's housing price is very expensive. So it's not a bad price. It's located in International District which is considered not one of the safest area at night in Seattle, but it has a good security system such as electric cards. Staffs are very kind and friendly. It has many events you can participate. I have never participated any of them yet, so I cannot tell about it.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Travel Safe! Lydia, AGM

• Australia, Male, 25-30
26th May 2017
7.7

Place was good. Friendly staff and clean rooms and facilities. However, our room got very hot during the night with 4 people in the room. Lucky there wee personal fans next to each bed. I would avoid the free breakfast unless your on a strict budget.

I'm sorry that your room was too hot! Being located in such an old building, we do not have air conditioning, but we do have small fans located on the wall next to every bed. Additionally, we have larger fans available at the front desk. For breakfast, we offer bagels, toast, oatmeal and a variety of fruit. Otherwise, there are a few wonderful Dim Sum restaurants nearby, if you are looking for a local experience! Thanks for staying with us--Lydia, AGM

• wbrowne3
  • USA, Male, 31-40
25th May 2017

The hostel is about a block from the train station which is extremely convenient. There are several food options well within walking distance in addition to a common cooking area for lunch or dinner. The staff was friendly and accommodating in my opinion. Seattle was a pretty walkable city. It only takes about 10 minutes to walk to the old section of town and another 10 to get to Pike's Market. The rooms are as expected with 2 sets of bunk beds. Everything was pretty clean.