8.2
Fabulous 740 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 740 Total Reviews
HI Seattle at the American Hotel Located at 520 S. King St., , Seattle.
USA
Seattle Washington 98104-2834 520 S. King St.
82% 740
47.5985237 -122.3267555
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 25-30
16th Jan 2017

Really clean and well maintained. Impressed with the heating and the free towel rental. I was lucky and was only the second person in a 6 bed dorm so my experience was excellent. Breakfast is very early!

14th Jan 2017
7.7

In Chinatown and very close to the light rail link. A bit of a hike if your walking to some of the sights.

• Philippines, Male, 41+
11th Jan 2017

I enjoy stay @american hotel Seattle closed to everything great....

• USA, Couple, 25-30
7th Jan 2017

We really enjoyed our stay here. There was an outlet in our room that was out, so we couldn't charge our phone in our room. But we would definitely stay here again!

Thanks for letting us know about the outlet in the room. I'm so sorry that happened. Thank you for such a great rating! Happy Travels, Lydia, AGM

4th Jan 2017
8.0

The bed makes weird sound when I would move, there were no charging sockets near the bed, everything else was great.

I'm so sorry that the electrical outlet near your bed wasn't working, but thank you for letting us know so that we could get that fixed. Every bed should have a working fan and set of four electrical outlet plug ins so that every guest can charge their phones. Thanks for staying with us. Kind Regards, Lydia, AGM

• sl609613121
  • China, Male, 25-30
29th Dec 2016

I just loved it!! Friendly staffs, very good location, next to the Amtrak Station in Seattle, walking distance to Pike Place Market and not far from either Kerry Park and Space Needle, you can simply take a Lyft and it only cost around $``10. Will definitely stay there next time if I visit Seattle again!!

Thank you for such high praise! I'm so glad that you had a great time and were able to get around the city so easily! Hope to see you again soon. Happy Travels!--Lydia, AGM

27th Dec 2016

Great private room for myself and my 2 sons (age 12 & 8). Great location & service!

• USA, Male, 41+
24th Dec 2016

Close to amtrak train station and light rail to airport. Nice old hotel building, good kitchen, laundry, lounge , friendly staff. In China town.

Thanks for such high marks! Hope to see you again soon. Regards, Lydia, AGM

• USA, Female, 25-30
15th Dec 2016

I stayed for one night to attend the football game around the corner. The location was great for walking to the game, but there weren't too many other things to do in the immediate neighborhood, though Pike Street was about 1 mile away. The building was old, but well maintained. The heat was up really high, especially in the dorm room I stayed in, which made it a little hard to sleep. Overall, it was perfect value for me!

I'm so glad you were able to stay with us for the Seahawks game! Next time you are here, you'll have to check out the Wing Luke Asian Museum, the fortune cookie factory and go up to the Smith Tower, all within a five minute walk from the hostel. Thanks so much for staying with us and I hope you'll come back for future Seahawks games! Kind Regards, Lydia, AGM

• Germany, Female, 31-40
13th Dec 2016
6.3

Clean enough for a hostel, but my sheets (private room) while clearly freshly washed had stains on them. Main complaint for me would be that the heating in my room didn't work properly and the room didn't have double glazing resulting in me shivering through the night.

I am so sorry to hear about your sheets and the cold. Neither are acceptable or up to our standards. I hope that the staff were able to get you fresh sheets, extra blankets and a space heater when they were alerted to these problems. Thanks so much for letting us know; I have spoken with our housekeeping team. Happy Travels, Lydia, AGM