HI - Seattle at the American Hotel Reviews

520 S. King St., Seattle, USA

I got there on 5th July about 5pm. The lady with long hair on chick in counter was not helpful and attitude is a bit rude. Except that others are all good.

Awesome place!! Recomended!!

had a reservation. On day of reservation, had to cancel because of family illness. Staff was inexperienced, and offered no refund, credit.

• 30th Jun 2014

I had a great time there. Thanks! My only suggestion would be to contact with some local restaurant around and try to find out whether they could offer some discounts to the hostel guests.

The place overall had a nice atmosphere. The only thing that was poor was the washroom, especially the ones that has a shower. Sometimes, it can get a bit dirty. But overall, the Staffs there were friendly and the service was good.

• 27th Jun 2014

The atmosphere is dead. The crowd is older, there are families staying in the hostel with kids and the staff are downright onnoxiously indifferent. You aren't treated like a backpacker you're treated like a seedy client in a bad motel. Activitieswise too little to do. The way the hostel was run made it practically impossible to meet anyone with half an ounce of normal in them. Strange place. Forget the HI hostel and try and book into City Hostel across town. Its much better.

Very clean hostel, with good breakfast. Very close to a bus terminal and train station. It is located in China town and restaurants there are open until late night.

We were looking for a quick stay that was inexpensive, close to the light rail and to Safeco Field where we had tickets to a Mariners game. This hotel fit the bill perfectly. There are a couple of bars on the block with some interesting folks hanging around in the evening, but they were easily avoided by crossing the street and were probably harmless anyway. All in all, a great choice for location and not fancy, but everything was clean, orderly and practical. Would stay here again.

• 23rd Jun 2014

We had a mostly humorous experience. We were four old guys who got locked in our dorm room in the middle of the night. It took quite some time and effort on our part and the hostel staff to get us out. At one point we thought the fire department would have to save us through the window on to the street:) All ended well, but the room security was destroyed so there was no way to lock the room the much of the next day. However, we experienced no problem associated with the breached security.

• 17th Jun 2014

Absolutely fabulous location. Asian supermarket a block away, restaurants next door and bar on the corner. Can be sketchy late at night. Walking distance to all of downtown seattle if you want to get some exercise and explore. Breakfast is decent and place is safe and clean. Probably can find cheaper place but not as convenient or consistent. This is a hostel so expect a hostel.

Good location and good helpful staff, plus breakfast! Only went to Seattle for one night but I thought it was a good hostel from what I saw.

Super helpful staff, amazing location. I would recommend to anyone staying in Seattle! Any questions I had the staff had an answer and they were always willing to give great suggestions of things to do in the area. Bedrooms were super clean and washrooms were never gross despite them being almost at full capacity when I was there.

• 21st May 2014

Great staff. Always kind and ready to help.

Air was quite sticky in the room

• 16th May 2014

Great hostel, but wifi sucks

• 13th May 2014
  • Taiwan

This place is great! People are very nice!

• 11th May 2014
  • China

In middle of Chinatown. Very much kitchen equipment. Good breakfast.

Friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast, will recommend to other travelers.

• 7th May 2014

Very accommodating staff, clean and tidy, dodgy part of town but awesomely close to transit centre, young girls running amuck until after midnight in the halls on several occasions, apart from that I really enjoyed staying here!

• 2nd May 2014
  • New Zealand

I'm sorry I cannot say much, I didn't really stay at the hostel due to some changes in my travel