HI-Sukhumvit Reviews

Sukhumvit Soi 38, Sukhumvit Rd, BangKok, Bangkok, Thailand

Fantastic hostel, I have stayed here many times (I used to live in Nakhon Pathom) and have always received a warm welcome by reception staff. The only feedback I would give is regarding noise. I stayed at Hi Sukhumvit twice in August and on both visits we were kept up late/woken up in the night by really noisy occupants in neighbouring rooms.

I have stayed at HI-Sukhumvit at least six times in the past nine years. It is safe, comfortable, clean, and well-managed. I particularly like the roof, which is often quiet and a good place to relax.

Very clean. Close to BTS. Bathrooms we're some of the cleanest I've seen in Thailand! Great staff, super helpful, and a small breakfast is included. It was quite and everyone was in bed early in my hostel (which was ok with me since I was only there for one night in transit). I would stay here again.

• 7th Aug 2015

It was just for one night, but it was very nice to stay there. People are nice, the room was clean, the wifi worked. The shared bathroom was also really clean and shower gel and shampoo were provided for free.

I booked to stay two nights & arrived to a beautiful hostel, with not so helpful staff. I wasn't shown my room, nor told the floor or which bed I was allocated. Once sorted, I set to make my bed & realised I wasn't going to sleep well. The mattress was plastic & as solid as the concrete floor. I did not sleep at all. I sacrificed what I paid for the second night and left the next day for Chiang Mai. I slept better on the train. A real shame since this is a hostelworld recommendation.

• 30th Jul 2015

Nice, clean, well organized.

• 29th Jul 2015

Pick this gr8 hostel if you like the following : - The wifi range stopping just outside your room - A dark prison cell vibe - Washing up your crockery after a miserable breakfast - A whoopy cushion for a pillow - A shower with comparable power to the constantly dripping tap - and no soap - A location best known for its highly underwhelming mango sticky rice street food and the next nearest attraction being a street full of strippers and sexpats. Pick HI-Sukhumvit, you won't be disappointed

Good location near BTS Thong Lo & Ekkamai Bus Terminal, helpful & friendly staffs, a lot of street foods, clean, quiet. Good value for money. Highly recommended.

Clean, excellent location, secure, friendly staffs, free breakfast

Great hostel with clean rooms. Shared bathrooms were clean and plenty of showers, also had soap and shampoo available. Staff were very helpful with planning days and also spoke good English. Hostel is situated in a laneway off a busy night street full of delicious street food. Just a 15-20 minute train ride into the main attractions in Bangkok. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend!

• 15th Jul 2015

Lighting can be improved. It's quite dark in some areas. Good effort in the provision of water to on a daily basis.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

As for the location it's amazing. You are just 3 min away from the sky-train and the street that goes to he hotel is full of good and cheap food. We used to eat there everyday and it was a great experience. As for the hostel itself the rooms and clean and the people very friendly. They don't have the best English speaking but it's enough since people are really friendly. As for the rooms clean. If you go to a twin bed expect a good mattress. Lockers are small but they rent a big one

really professional staff, great English

good location near skytrain station. Staff are very helpful and willing to assist in any way they can.

This is just what I was looking for in terms of affordability and safety while also having a 'clean' and refined atmosphere. It is well located while also being secluded and quiet. It also has a charming covered rooftop with chairs.

• 25th Jun 2015

Friendly staff. Cosy room. Good location. Near to Ekkimai bus station.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Russia

Great hostel, close to the BTS and a ton of awesome street food, very helpful staff. The room was a little bright, they could install some curtains on the small windows. The bathrooms ware very clean. The lockers seemed secure. There is free coffee available all day.

Friendly and helpful staff, very strategic location, peaceful and quite atmosphere, both room and bathroom very clean and tidy.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Good location right on soi 38, where there is a lot of great street food. Also right by the skytrain and bus station, so it's easy to get somewhere else from there. The rooms and bathrooms are decent and pretty clean, but the walk up and down the stairs every time you need the bathroom, if you're on a different floor, can be pretty annoying. Also has a nice spot up on the roof to chill out. I recommend it if you value a close vicinity to good food and transportation

Excellent location. Rooftop is good place to chill

• 10th Jun 2015