HI-Sukhumvit Reviews

Sukhumvit Soi 38, Sukhumvit Rd, BangKok, Bangkok, Thailand

Have stayed here many times before, but first time for 3 years. Renovations look really good. We stayed in a private room on 4th floor. Room and shared bathroom was very clean as always. Great hostel but private room is poor value for money. For this price you should get ensuite bathroom, towels, TV and fridge. Also AC is turned off during the day which is quite annoying.

Very nice place to stay in a great location.

It is okey,but there is no AC vhen you want to eat, so it is not so nice The toilets in grounfloor are terribel. There are no table and chairs in the room ewen if you book the most expansive. Best is that it is near the skyway and "streetfood"

Shush I found it earlier would have saved me a lot of trouble, far enough out without being to far , would recent it to anyone

Was really clean and staff was polite and helpful. The property is quite nice.

• 10th Jan 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights in January 2016, and the place was good value for money. We came to see and experience Bangkok, and this place served well as a base. Close to the skytrain, close to local eating places (soi 38 night market) and somewhat central. If this is your first time in the city, it's a good transition between what westerlings are used to, and a beginning on an Asian journey :-)

Very clean, quiet stay. A nice place if you want to avoid the party, loud traveling types.

Like the hostel much, ,ibut it was a Little difficult for us when we get a room on 4th floor, we are 77 and 78 years old. and there is no elevator

Nice atmosphere, clean rooms. Perfect if you want to visit the city for few days

• 26th Dec 2015

This is my 4th stay here. Even though it has been renovated, the facilities are still quite "classic". I stayed here mostly due to the location as it is in the famous food street of soi 38. The reception staff are friendly.

Nice place, reasonable price and lovely staff

I love the decor and location of this place but there are a few issues I had 1. Mosquitoes will destroy you in common areas and in the dorms since the windows are open during the day since they won't run AC then 2. The dorms kind of smelled and beds weren't great (individual rooms looked nice) 3. Staff were not friendly and vibe wasn't great. Cute hostel, good location, but I think there are other better ones! Check it out for yourself.

The place was fabulous. Indeed, it is really worth the money. The staff is also accommodating and assists in terms of pointing the primary places around Sukhumvit. They also ensure the safety of the backpackers. If I will go back to Bangkok in 2016, I will surely check in at HI Sukhumvit. Thank you very much! :3

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Philippines

I've been coming to this hostel for 8 years and for me, it is great. Those who want to party all night should look elsewhere, as this is not that kind of hostel. They're pretty strict with their rules, but that's what keeps the place in good order. I like the night food stalls outside on Soi 38 but am told by vendors I've known for years they will be ended and forced to move February 2016 in favor of new condos, which may really take the life out of this particular spot in Bangkok.

It's very quiet and safe neighbourhood. Near with BTS station and Bangkok bus terminal if you want to go to the other city. The hostel itself, clean and neat. We have to prepare our bed by ourselves. They give the bed and pillow sheet as we have checked in. They provide a locker, without a padlock, but they sell the padlock (aha!). And also, the wifi signal is not strong enough and not stable to access in my room (2nd floor).

A peaceful place that makes one feel welcome. A good base from which to explore Bangkok.

I really have NO IDEA how this place can be part of Hostelling international. Except a good location, this hostel has nth to offer. 1) No notice on the website at all about on-going renovation work, which if informed, I might have reconsider. 2) Unhelpful staff. 3) Lack of maintenance and poor cleanliness. Shower is not working fine and dirty stains on curtains. 3) Lots of mosquitos in the room and even daytime. Will not return ever again. Pls see tripadvisor for more feedback !

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

location very near to BTS Thong lo, Godd for individual traveller

• 6th Oct 2015
  • India

Unwelcoming staff (except for the nice owner, whom I met late in the night and who was very apologetic about the renevations happening), not very knowledgeable about surrounding area and travel, rooms were hot, towels had an old dirty smell Positives: bathrooms were nice, floors clean, beds were comfortable, location was easy to find down the food street.

• 4th Oct 2015

The staff were very helpful.

• 29th Sep 2015