HI-Sukhumvit Reviews

Sukhumvit Soi 38, Sukhumvit Rd, BangKok, Bangkok, Thailand

I was very satisfied with the accommodations. When I arrived, however, there was no towel in the room and I didn't realize I had to ask for one at the front desk. Would be best if a towel is offered at registration. I also liked the first floor lounge area and would have enjoyed hanging-out there had I stayed for more than one evening.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Great stay all round. Good value for money. Alex

We stayed in a room , had a great night sleep shared shower facilities where always clean and had no wait to use the facilities Would stay here again!

Very quiet with not alot goin on in the hostel. But on a night food market and 2 mins away from bts and mtr. Overall good stay but for young backpackers head more to koah san or patpong

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Clean room with comfortable bed. Staff were all helpful and friendly. Close to restaurants and bars and easy to get a taxi or sky train if wanting to visit other places.

The location absolutely great! It is very near the BTS and it is very easy to get to around. I love that it is near the food stalls at Soi 38. Not only I felt safe when I was walking home late at night but I could also grab a mango sticky rice for supper on my way back. The hostel is clean but they could wash their blankets a little more often? They didn't wash mine when I checked out so I supposed they didn't wash it before I checked in too. But I loved my stay there. Will stay here again!! :)

• 19th May 2014
  • Singapore

Good clean place with nice common areas on the first floor and roof. I spring for a private room and it was good sized, spotlessly clean. Staff was always helpful with directions. This hostel is in s strategic location as it is close to Skytrain-- easy to get in and out of the city, which I valued during coup season. A night market happens just outside after 5m with some of the best food I'ver tasted cheaper than cheap. Downside: I did not meet people here. I think it was an odd week.

Staff is friendly, however they need to improve knowledge of BKK in order to give valuable advice for guess.

Very clean and nice furniture in common areas. Close to mrt and a few minutes to siam center

• 8th May 2014
  • Sweden

Nice place but very quiet with not a lot of other travelers to interact with.

this is a really special place. im happy to pay a little extra to have this home in bangkok. the staff are really friendly and helpful, and ive met some very interesting travellers here. thank you.

The best hostel I stayed in. I was here à view years ago and came back last week. The staff is super friendly and helpfull. There is WiFi and free computer use in the whole building. À kitchen with fridge to use and complementairy (simple) breakfast). All rooms hve airco and are clean. There is à Nice rooftop terrace and it is quiet, so no drunk guests that keep you awake. The best thing is the street when you walk out: streetstalls with the cheapest and best Thai food I had in the whole trip!

perfect place to stay in bkk

The hostel staff were friendly and informative. The hostel rooms were clean and definitely good value. Lovely roof terrace with laundry facilities as well as good seating downstairs. We even got a free mini breakfast. Definitely a good place for backpackers to meet and chat. Good location down a small side road so quiet. Night food market on road at end of side road so good cheap food to be had. Very near to sky train so easy to get to all Bangkok.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I was here in april for 3 days and it is worth your money. Nice places too eat and skytrain nearby.

Quiet and very classy. Not the most social hostel, but the facilities are really nice, well secure and safe, and designed very well. It's also just off the sky train stop so it's very convenient to districts all around Bangkok.

• 5th Apr 2014

Lockers are located by the front desk. Suggest there be lockers perhaps in the rooms or just outside the rooms. Not good to have lockers where might have to go 2 or 3 floors to get valuables.

The perfect stay in Bangkok

• 1st Apr 2014

It's a charming litle place in walking distance to the skytrain, which connects to all other parts of Bangkok. The staff is really nice and helps you with all your questions, you get a good map of Bangkok and recommendations. Hi-Sukhumvit is also next to the Soi38 Night Market, which is perfect to have cheap dinner in local atmosphere! The rooms are cute and clean!

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

The hotel is in a great place for shopping, street food & china town but not so much for main attractions. Upon arrival I was given keys and directions to my room, however no orientation of the hostel itself was given, therefore finding such things as the kitchen etc was by guessing or having to ask a question every time. The room doors don`t automatically lock and there is only a small locker provided. The day time staff need to seem more engaged with the customers & smile more too.