HI-Sukhumvit Reviews

Sukhumvit Soi 38, Sukhumvit Rd, BangKok, Bangkok, Thailand

The place is cute and clean, the staff welcoming and location is great . A bit overpriced though. It' s a shame that the guests are so noisy...

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

We were really pleased with our stay here. Breakfast was a choice of cereal, toast, green tea and coffee. The wifi worked really well. The room was a good size but could have done with some clothes storage or hooks. Couple of chill out areas. 4 washing machines with drying area. Good location for what we wanted and a short tube ride to the livelier areas. We would stay here again.

Hostel was really nice and the staff helpful and friendly. We really liked our room, though one window could not be locked and was accessible from the outside. Overall it was a very pleasant stay and we have now returned for a couple more nights. We often stay elsewhere where it is slightly less attractive, but substantially cheaper.

The staff was so kind and friendly.Whenever I asked them something about info in Thailand they always answered for me. Just only promlem is aircon in the room was too cold sometimes so it's easier to catch a cold. Anyway I like that place. thank you so much.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Good place in the heart of sukhumvit, walking distance to sky train bts!

• 2nd Nov 2014

brilliant hostel, friendly helpful staff, 2 lovely communal areas, roof top and downstairs , best part though is the food night market at the end of the road, we will be heading back for our 3rd stay there in a few weeks

Incredibly clean, air conditioned, and away from the backpacker madness. Loved having delicious street vendors just next door. It was quiet and for 2 of the nights, I was the only one in the 8 person dorm, so if you're looking for partiers and lots of people, this may not be the place for you.

Nice quiet hostel, great if you want to sleep and aren't wanting to do much partying. Food stalls on the street outside the hostel are very tasty and cheap.

• 29th Oct 2014

Good location, really nice and accomodating staff. Not only do they have coin-operated washers and dryers onsite but they also offer breakfast and long-term storage services. There wasn't much of a social atmosphere when I was there so I didn't meet anyone but I still think this place was really nice (even though it is a bit more expensive than other comparable hostels in Bangkok).

• 24th Oct 2014
  • carinanina

I've stayed here many times and love it.

Excellent location, next to bts so easy to get anywhere with lots of shops and stalls nearby. I always stay here when going through Bangkok

• 23rd Oct 2014

The hostel is near the BTS .It's location is excellent. The staffs are also friendly.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Overall a good deal. Clean rooms and bathrooms. There's always soap and shampoo/shower gel - that's very nice! Staff at the reception is a bit grumpy sometimes but if you really need help, they help! Breakfast and location are really okay for the price! 7-Eleven and lots of (good!) street food options 200 m away. One bad thing though: the mattresses are awful! Super hard and uncomfy- and I am actually not picky about that... my back was still hurting some days after I left.

Tfavourite hostel in the world I have travelled in The Thais do it to perfection. Stayed their four times over years Cannot recommend it highly enough Just really beautiful staff

beautiful hostel with lovely downstairs communal area and roof top, very near to sky train, spotless rooms, have booked to stay again -highly recommended

Pleasant and quiet hostel. Perfect to relax after traveling around Thailand. Close to BTS Sky Train which makes getting around a lot easier. Only downside is that the A/C in the dorms is switched off during the day (until 6pm) so taking a nap during the afternoon was impossible. Otherwise if you're looking to meet lots of people and party, stay around Khao San Road.

• 19th Sep 2014

Nothing fanciful about this hostel except the fact that it is near to the BTS station. Location of the hostel was quiet which was good to rest during the night. Would recommend it for people who are just looking for a cheap stay.

Only stayed for one night, but I had a very comfortable night of sleep. Located close to public transportation, very convenient. Friendly staff, great spacious bathroom and very clean!

only drawback is the air con goes off in the dorm at 11 and on again at 1800. there is no stove to cook if your looking for that. otherwise this is a superb place for the mature traveller. the staff were great. you can't go wrong staying at HI.

• 5th Sep 2014

Great location to skytrain, and a wonderful food market at night on your doorstep. Friendly, helpful staff and overall a comfortable stay for one night before our next journey.