HI-Sukhumvit Reviews

Sukhumvit Soi 38, Sukhumvit Rd, BangKok, Bangkok, Thailand

I enjoyed my stay here. The location is very central, with the skytrain nearby, so I could get around pretty easily. There is access to the rooftop, which has a nice view of the city and a lounging area, along with the laundry machines and lines to hang-dry the laundry. The rooftop was a good place to hang out and meet other hostelers. Breakfast was limited, but good to get the day started.

Very well situated, close to rapid transit, about 40 7-Elevens and a night food bazaar. Staff is helpful and common area is a nice place to meet fellow travelers. The showers are clean, but the pressure is a bit low and cabins fill up fast depending on the time (obviously). Bring toilet paper as that usually runs out quickly as well.

Its really comfortable and clean, peacefull. The SkyLine is near that is very usefull and there is street food locals in there where you can have a cheap and truly thai dinner everyday!

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Spain

The Personal was nice, the Location was near the skytrain, but a little far from the City Center with the Tourist attractions.

Excellent place you won't find no faults here ...top place

Walls are extremely thin - guests should be made more aware to keep quiet after a certain time. Woke up several times because of noise (chatty people in the hallway, someone in room next door playing the harmonica and singing at 2:30 A.M.!!!!). Other than that all good!

We had a lovely stay here. Very close to the skytrain station, which was very convenient for us. The neighbourhood was Nice and safe. We booked again for the coming nights!

There were many regulations and reminders around the hostel, I am fine with these as I enjoyed the quiet and regulated environment it provided and protected, but may not be suitable for other kind of travelers with more wild style. But for me, I like it!

Very secure Hostel in a great location not as touristy as p.e. in kho san roadroad, which I loved. Street food just outside the hostel. Good prices, single room very nice, dorm average. Roof terrace, very clean and close to sky train.

• 17th Feb 2015

Kind staff, excellent location.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Good location. However, all the times I stayed at this hostel they never offered me a towel and always had to go and ask for one which I should not have to do. You have to put bedsheets on yourself in dorms which they should do. Security in the dorms is not great. Anyone can walk in off the street during the day and walk in. Dorm rooms are not locked usually so belongings might not be safe. A small locker is provided but not for a bag. Apart from this it is a good hostel to stay at and clean.

Great location right outside one of the Sky Train stops. Street food market right outside the hostel and two 7 Elevens around the corner. Nice little roof top terrace too, but in order to meet others, best to stake out the table in front of the entrance. Only downside to this hostel are the thin walls, though that probably goes for any hostel. If your sleep wake rhythm differs a lot from the other guests, you make wake up a little earlier than you planned.

Very good location. Clean. Very noisy at week ends. Many young guests come to party here and there is noise on the stairs till early morning. Only due to that I would not recommend it.

I really enjoyed my stay in the hostel since it was very peaceful and relaxed! Only thing that could a bit improve is the breakfast. But for the rest I was really satisfied! :)

• 6th Feb 2015

Great hostel, loved our stay. Clean, quiet enough to sleep but great common areas, good staff, modern building with good WiFi usually, right off a street with fantastic and cheap Thai food, and just two minutes from the Skytrain line. The only downside is it isn't close to Khaosan Road or the old city, but it shouldn't cost much to take a metered taxi there if that's what you're there for. Highly recommend this place!

I've stayed in many hostels around Southeast Asia, and HI-Sukhumvit was by far the best. Tucked away in a little side street off of street food mecca Soi 38, this hostel is immediately welcoming and approachable. Extra hospitable staff willingly gave us many local recommendations and some off the best food is just within walking distance. The rooms are clean and management is serious about quiet hours. Shower water is extra hot and bathrooms are spanking clean. My favorite hostel in Thailand!

• 4th Feb 2015

Was nice, but over priced IMO. There is a night market outside which was really great though. Also nearby to the sky train.

The staff were super friendly and the location was amazing. Right outside the hostel is a food street (it starts around 5 pm) and there is a BTS station within a two minute walk. I did have some problems with my bathroom (from the toilet never flushing properly to the shower being way too hot, more apt to boil than clean). That being said, I would definitely stay here again; the pros simply outweigh any cons.

I loved this hostel. I stayed in the female dorm and I enjoyed a lot. Nice clean beds and reading lights. The shared toilets were really good and clean. There are plentiful of showers and toilets. Breakfast is nice: cereals, milk, jam and butter toasts, coffee, tea, juice. Location is great since it's 2min walk to bts station. Area is great too, close to a cheap food market. I would definitely go back here!

Clean, spacious, with a pool. The staff doesn't really speak English, but seem pretty nice. You get a towel and a locker, and they change the sheets daily! The age range is from 18-60.

« first « Prev 1 2 3