HI-Sukhumvit Reviews

Sukhumvit Soi 38, Sukhumvit Rd, BangKok, Bangkok, Thailand

I stayed here for my first visit to Thailand and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I loved how you needed a card for entry, it felt very safe. There was always a worker seated at the front desk which added to the security. It is on a street that has a bunch of street food, which was good for late night snacks. I will definitely stay here again.

• 16th Aug 2014

The air con is a bit noisy. Other than that, a great guesthouse.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Everything about our stay was great. It would have been nice if the staff were a little more knowledgable about the area/things to do. It also would have been nice to have been notified of common tourist scams in the city.

the hostel is very nice. it is very clean, quiet and very nicely decorated. i like this hostel so much. i will definitely come back here the next time i go to thailand.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • China

I was very satisfied with the accommodations. When I arrived, however, there was no towel in the room and I didn't realize I had to ask for one at the front desk. Would be best if a towel is offered at registration. I also liked the first floor lounge area and would have enjoyed hanging-out there had I stayed for more than one evening.

• 23rd Jul 2014

the owner is very helpful when we are checking the locations for certain places of interest. Location is very good just 3 mins walk from BTS, the night local food stand is a big plus

Great stay all round. Good value for money. Alex

We stayed in a room , had a great night sleep shared shower facilities where always clean and had no wait to use the facilities Would stay here again!

Very quiet with not alot goin on in the hostel. But on a night food market and 2 mins away from bts and mtr. Overall good stay but for young backpackers head more to koah san or patpong

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Clean room with comfortable bed. Staff were all helpful and friendly. Close to restaurants and bars and easy to get a taxi or sky train if wanting to visit other places.

The location absolutely great! It is very near the BTS and it is very easy to get to around. I love that it is near the food stalls at Soi 38. Not only I felt safe when I was walking home late at night but I could also grab a mango sticky rice for supper on my way back. The hostel is clean but they could wash their blankets a little more often? They didn't wash mine when I checked out so I supposed they didn't wash it before I checked in too. But I loved my stay there. Will stay here again!! :)

• 19th May 2014
  • Singapore

Good clean place with nice common areas on the first floor and roof. I spring for a private room and it was good sized, spotlessly clean. Staff was always helpful with directions. This hostel is in s strategic location as it is close to Skytrain-- easy to get in and out of the city, which I valued during coup season. A night market happens just outside after 5m with some of the best food I'ver tasted cheaper than cheap. Downside: I did not meet people here. I think it was an odd week.

Staff is friendly, however they need to improve knowledge of BKK in order to give valuable advice for guess.

Very clean and nice furniture in common areas. Close to mrt and a few minutes to siam center

• 8th May 2014
  • Sweden

Nice place but very quiet with not a lot of other travelers to interact with.

this is a really special place. im happy to pay a little extra to have this home in bangkok. the staff are really friendly and helpful, and ive met some very interesting travellers here. thank you.

The best hostel I stayed in. I was here à view years ago and came back last week. The staff is super friendly and helpfull. There is WiFi and free computer use in the whole building. À kitchen with fridge to use and complementairy (simple) breakfast). All rooms hve airco and are clean. There is à Nice rooftop terrace and it is quiet, so no drunk guests that keep you awake. The best thing is the street when you walk out: streetstalls with the cheapest and best Thai food I had in the whole trip!

perfect place to stay in bkk

The hostel staff were friendly and informative. The hostel rooms were clean and definitely good value. Lovely roof terrace with laundry facilities as well as good seating downstairs. We even got a free mini breakfast. Definitely a good place for backpackers to meet and chat. Good location down a small side road so quiet. Night food market on road at end of side road so good cheap food to be had. Very near to sky train so easy to get to all Bangkok.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I was here in april for 3 days and it is worth your money. Nice places too eat and skytrain nearby.