HI-Sukhumvit Reviews

Sukhumvit Soi 38, Sukhumvit Rd, BangKok, Bangkok, Thailand

The best HI I have stayed in, and this must be the 7th one. Provides free soap and shampoo in the bathrooms and has 6 washers + dryer which take care of your load for 40baht only. Extremely helpful receptionist who gave accurate advice for purchasing a charger.

okay depending on what you are after zero vibe so wouldn't recommend for solo travellers unless you are just looking for a quiet place to sleep. Decent wifi and clean facilities only annoying thing was the computers had a sign saying they were infected with a worm so didn't use them. The road it is located on has really good cheap street food every night with both locals and tourists. As a solo traveller I wouldn't stay here again but would recommend it to older travellers or couples.

I like the location of theplace. It is situated near to Bts station, at the sametime, it is still quiet and allow very good rest at night. I enjoy having breakfast in the open area outside the reception. It is cozy and definitely an enjoyment. Not to forget to mention the wonderful rooftop it has! Please do not miss a visit to the rooftop if you stay there. However, will be good if the hostel can provide drinking water to us. This helps to save a lots of plastic bottle!

I've stayed in this hostel several times over the past 5 years. The standards have stayed the same which is good. This hostel is perfect location for using the train and will save you a lot of money coming from the airport. The street food outside it great value for money. This place is not far from the MBK so perfect location for shopping. There is nothing fancy about this place but it met all our needs and I will stay here again 😃

highly recommended

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Austria

It's a good hostel separate but close enough to the chaos of Bangkok. If you want to hit the sights, cheap markets or bars you'll probably need to take the BTS so bear the ticket price in mind. Great link to BKK airport and north and east busses. The roof terrace is a little piece of heaven. Cool and tranquil. They also have washing machines

Dorms are quite small but its clean, the house is pretty and the location perfectly close to the eastern bus terminal and subway station! Free breakfast!

The place is cute and clean, the staff welcoming and location is great . A bit overpriced though. It' s a shame that the guests are so noisy...

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

We were really pleased with our stay here. Breakfast was a choice of cereal, toast, green tea and coffee. The wifi worked really well. The room was a good size but could have done with some clothes storage or hooks. Couple of chill out areas. 4 washing machines with drying area. Good location for what we wanted and a short tube ride to the livelier areas. We would stay here again.

Hostel was really nice and the staff helpful and friendly. We really liked our room, though one window could not be locked and was accessible from the outside. Overall it was a very pleasant stay and we have now returned for a couple more nights. We often stay elsewhere where it is slightly less attractive, but substantially cheaper.

The staff was so kind and friendly.Whenever I asked them something about info in Thailand they always answered for me. Just only promlem is aircon in the room was too cold sometimes so it's easier to catch a cold. Anyway I like that place. thank you so much.

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Japan

Good place in the heart of sukhumvit, walking distance to sky train bts!

• 2nd Nov 2014

brilliant hostel, friendly helpful staff, 2 lovely communal areas, roof top and downstairs , best part though is the food night market at the end of the road, we will be heading back for our 3rd stay there in a few weeks

Incredibly clean, air conditioned, and away from the backpacker madness. Loved having delicious street vendors just next door. It was quiet and for 2 of the nights, I was the only one in the 8 person dorm, so if you're looking for partiers and lots of people, this may not be the place for you.

Nice quiet hostel, great if you want to sleep and aren't wanting to do much partying. Food stalls on the street outside the hostel are very tasty and cheap.

• 29th Oct 2014

Good location, really nice and accomodating staff. Not only do they have coin-operated washers and dryers onsite but they also offer breakfast and long-term storage services. There wasn't much of a social atmosphere when I was there so I didn't meet anyone but I still think this place was really nice (even though it is a bit more expensive than other comparable hostels in Bangkok).

• 24th Oct 2014
  • carinanina

I've stayed here many times and love it.

Excellent location, next to bts so easy to get anywhere with lots of shops and stalls nearby. I always stay here when going through Bangkok

• 23rd Oct 2014

The hostel is near the BTS .It's location is excellent. The staffs are also friendly.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Overall a good deal. Clean rooms and bathrooms. There's always soap and shampoo/shower gel - that's very nice! Staff at the reception is a bit grumpy sometimes but if you really need help, they help! Breakfast and location are really okay for the price! 7-Eleven and lots of (good!) street food options 200 m away. One bad thing though: the mattresses are awful! Super hard and uncomfy- and I am actually not picky about that... my back was still hurting some days after I left.