HI-Sukhumvit Reviews

Sukhumvit Soi 38, Sukhumvit Rd, BangKok, Bangkok, Thailand

Tfavourite hostel in the world I have travelled in The Thais do it to perfection. Stayed their four times over years Cannot recommend it highly enough Just really beautiful staff

beautiful hostel with lovely downstairs communal area and roof top, very near to sky train, spotless rooms, have booked to stay again -highly recommended

Pleasant and quiet hostel. Perfect to relax after traveling around Thailand. Close to BTS Sky Train which makes getting around a lot easier. Only downside is that the A/C in the dorms is switched off during the day (until 6pm) so taking a nap during the afternoon was impossible. Otherwise if you're looking to meet lots of people and party, stay around Khao San Road.

• 19th Sep 2014

Nothing fanciful about this hostel except the fact that it is near to the BTS station. Location of the hostel was quiet which was good to rest during the night. Would recommend it for people who are just looking for a cheap stay.

Only stayed for one night, but I had a very comfortable night of sleep. Located close to public transportation, very convenient. Friendly staff, great spacious bathroom and very clean!

only drawback is the air con goes off in the dorm at 11 and on again at 1800. there is no stove to cook if your looking for that. otherwise this is a superb place for the mature traveller. the staff were great. you can't go wrong staying at HI.

• 5th Sep 2014

Great location to skytrain, and a wonderful food market at night on your doorstep. Friendly, helpful staff and overall a comfortable stay for one night before our next journey.

The staff were amazing and helped us out with anything from tours, to random questions, to airport transfers. It's a very laid back atmosphere which made it easy to meet other travellers. I would definietly recommend this hostel to a friend!

Unwelcoming staff, almost empty and not that good facilities. Stayed the 2 prebooked nights and went somewhere else.

I stayed here for my first visit to Thailand and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I loved how you needed a card for entry, it felt very safe. There was always a worker seated at the front desk which added to the security. It is on a street that has a bunch of street food, which was good for late night snacks. I will definitely stay here again.

• 16th Aug 2014

The air con is a bit noisy. Other than that, a great guesthouse.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

Everything about our stay was great. It would have been nice if the staff were a little more knowledgable about the area/things to do. It also would have been nice to have been notified of common tourist scams in the city.

the hostel is very nice. it is very clean, quiet and very nicely decorated. i like this hostel so much. i will definitely come back here the next time i go to thailand.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • China

I was very satisfied with the accommodations. When I arrived, however, there was no towel in the room and I didn't realize I had to ask for one at the front desk. Would be best if a towel is offered at registration. I also liked the first floor lounge area and would have enjoyed hanging-out there had I stayed for more than one evening.

• 23rd Jul 2014

the owner is very helpful when we are checking the locations for certain places of interest. Location is very good just 3 mins walk from BTS, the night local food stand is a big plus

Great stay all round. Good value for money. Alex