HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Excellent staff!!! Cool bar/restaurant, breakfast was king! events planned daily, bikes for rent, bbq patio :D great location in walking distance to everything and once more, amazing staff!!!

The shower head might need a bit of a clean but still better than other I've seen. The bathroom floor also got quite dirty and wet, I don't know how but this should be improved. The amount of power point sockets was minimal in my 10 beaded dorm. The food and breakfast system was great with an overall good vibe :D

I really enjoyed the excellent breakfast and the live bands in the Cavern bar.

Was Pretty clean, Good events on, easy to meet people and is a pretty good location in Toronto. Bar down stairs makes it easy to meet people. By far and away the BEST FREE breakfast at any hostel i have stayed at in North America! Like Wow!

The hostel was very central in Toronto, no transportation fees necessary! Loved the freshly coocked breakfast as well, overall staff was very helpfull and nice, I will stay here again if I go back to Toronto!

• 19th Sep 2014

Thank you! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay.

The place was great ! The staff was adorable, breakfast was good, and it was nice having social events at night. The hostel is not really cheap, but I felt it was worth its price.

Friendly staff and well managed hostel. Great breakfast included. Clip-on lights per bunk in my room but there were no outlets to plug them into. Mattresses were of minimal quality and uncomfortable. For such a large hostel the common area room was rather small but there is a bar/restaurant in the basement and a roof top patio which is nice.

Very nice and friendly people working there. Love breakfast style as well, just the waiting was a small problem for me.

Thank you for your feedback! Great things often take time! However, our guests can easily order a breakfast baggie to go that is not cooked, but at least gets them on their way should they be short on time or not keen on waiting. Safe travels!

It was a nice hostel. Free breakfast, good location, lockers available (small ones in room and then big ones in a separate room).

This was a good hostel, but on the 3rd night I stayed in a 6-bed room, I was woken at 4am by 5 rowdy drunken men. They also somehow knew my name (which I assume they only could have gotten by asking a staff member). As a woman, I felt outnumbered and threatened. Luckily the next night I was upgraded for free into a 4-bed female room.

Thank you for your feedback. We can assure you that our staff is well trained in not volunteering any guest information to anybody, specially other guests. Sometimes guests leave their room receipts out, old boarding tickets disposed improperly, or even airline tags on their bags and suitcases while sharing rooms with others, and that is most certainly something to watch out for if one is concerned with matters of privacy. We wish you safe travels.

The hostel was great! Also I left my laptop there and they handled it very professional and safe for me! I got it back safe and sound in no time all the way back to Edmonton Alberta ! Thanks Inga and the staff at Hi Toronto!

I stayed there during the Toronto International Film Festival, so accomodation was a bit pricey compared to other dates (as much as 30 % more than prices in October). The complimentary breakfast was plentiful and yummy. The Cavern bar makes an excellent place to meet people and the daily activities and events are always a lot of fun.

We thought the complimentary breakfast was great so please keep up the good work. Additionally I also felt that the girls at the front desk were very helpful with their recommendations. I would certainly come back here if I was visiting Toronto again.

As someone on the far side of middle-age who has never stayed in a hostel I would give this hostel an excellent rating. I couldn’t have asked for more - all the amenities available for showering, comfortable beds, a friendly and helpful desk staff along with a great “home-cooked” breakfast. Great job!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A great place to stay when visiting Toronto. Walking distance to downtown attractions. Staff helpful and friendly. Great atmosphere.

• 29th Aug 2014

Staff, variety of facilities (eg bar, breakfast, lounge) and location were good. The room however wasn't good. Uncomfortable saggy bed, air con that did nothing, windows that wouldn't open enough to let air in and an outdated bathroom that was small far outweigh the good. What's worse is that they charge $45 a night for this. Probably the worst value for money I've had at a hostel to date.

Hello there, and thank you for your feedback. We have passed on your comments to our maintenance team to check the room you have stayed and work on improvements. We too are big fans of natural air coming into our rooms, however, as a 9 floor building, there is maximum gap we can allow our windows to open in vision of the safety of all our guests (many of which are children).

Decent hostel. The common areas are pretty small for a hostel of this size, could be improved!

This was my third time staying at this hostel. The receptionists are always so friendly and happy to help, and I love the atmosphere of the lobby...lively and nice music. They also have the pub "tavern," although it was very empty and boring when I went there (weird, because I had so much fun last time I went there 5 months ago.) Definitely the top of my list when it comes to accommodations in Toronto!

The staff are so lovely, happy and helpful! The facilities are above average in my opinion for a backpackers and the general atmosphere is sociable and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel, WIFI is not the fastest but would go there again :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4