HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Nice people. Really like the atmosphere and the location, which is pretty much dowtown. Would totally recommand to any backpacker!!

• 16th May 2015

I enjoyed my stay and I will recommend this hostel to all people I know who think about visiting Toronto. Only very minor problems, the elevator seemed to take unusually long to arrive and the board games I borrowed had missing pieces.

• 15th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel was great. Amazing location. Affordable parking. Friendly staff. Great food.

• 13th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I thought I would get a good night's sleep but unfortunately, I wasn't made aware of the fact that there was a loud music bar in the basement.

• 11th May 2015
  • New Zealand

The 8-female room was very smelly, the bed absolutely uncomfortable, and the worst part is that I got a nasty sting in one of the armchairs of the common area... I suggest you to disinfect those chairs with an insecticide or something, specially for the healthy issue. Other than that location, breakfast and staff are great, but cleanliness is miserable.

I enjoyed the free breakfast and also the bar downstairs. The location was great to get around to all the sights as well. The use of air conditioning in the room was great add on. I found that the showers could be cleaned more,like the shower floors. Cheaper bike rental prices too if you could. I heard many people say that they would like to see them cheaper.

Hello, and thank you for your feedback. Our bike rentals is actually one of the cheapest in the city. While other bike rentals charge around $10 for the first hour alone, HI Toronto rates start at only just $5, with a maximum of $20 for a whole 24h period for our members! We are glad your overall experience was pleasant. We hope to see you back again soon. Cheers

Awesome! Very clean and organized, great staff

The lockers are not big enough, especially if you have 2 or more bags, the rooms are really small. Not enougth space for bags. The bathrooms always smell bad, and they are not enough. The rooms always seemed to be dirty, in my case the floor was full of plaster and dirt, it looked like the room was falling down. The security is really good with the cards, but not so safe inside for all of the belongings. The breakfast took more time than I expected. I took arround 25 min to get a breakfast.

Thank you for your feedback.The lockers are to be used for small personal belongings, not for suitcases with clothes - as those can be easily stored under beds. Our freshly cooked breakfast indeed can take some time, specially during peak hours - we make it from scratch as soon as you order it - something we are really proud to serve, though easy to go non cooked options were available for those in a bit more of a time constraint.We hope you will chose to come back for an improved experience.

Good hostel in downtown short walk to all public transport. Bar downstairs that serves free breakfast can take a little while in the morning as every one is downstairs recommend getting down there early if you are doing any tours. Have events in the bar most nights good atmosphere and nice staff. recommend and stay here again

I had an amazing stay at this Hostel! The staff was SO nice and i met very nice people there. Very clean, very safe and very good atmosphere :)

Very well located

Very helpful and courteous staff, maintained a positive attitude and ensures everyone felt welcome during the stay. Everyone treats residents guests with dignity and respect. I was amazed at the consistency in their peformance and willingness toki pride to be representatives of the Hi Toronto. The Staff is to be commended.

Staff were great super friendly, helpful. My complaint is that the bunk was incredibly uncomfortable - really worn mattress causing me to sink deeply into the center down to the bars.

• 21st Apr 2015

great hostel. staff very nice and helpful. facilities are well kept and clean. the breakfast is amazing! there is a menu and you choose what you want and they cook it for you - great great way to start the day.

Loved the breakfast!! Yumyumyum :)

• 18th Apr 2015

Breakfast is nice, and staff are kind.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Japan

It was a very quick stay for me - I checked in around 1am (late check-in was totally ok with the front desk) and left around 9am but it was a decent hostel from what I saw! I would loved to have stayed longer.

Everything about the hostel was great, especially the friendly staff.

Nice location in the downtown of Toronto ans good atmosphere

Loved it! Breakfast was amazing. I couldn't believe it was included in the price of stay. I enjoyed every staff member I interacted with. The location was perfect for getting right on the metro. My only complaint was that the shower could have been a little cleaner. The rest of the bathroom was fine. I enjoyed the activities happening at the Cavern and specials on food/beer.

• 14th Mar 2015