HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

It's such an amazing hostel. The atmosphere and staff are amazing so it's really easy to make friends but if you want some alone time it's great for that as wel. The breakfast they serve was top notch. Best free brekkie I've had in a hostel. The facilities are great and the rooms and bathrooms are really clean. The only thing is that the lockers are quite small and you need to bring your own locks. But that's fine and really easy. Stay here!

LOVED IT! It's such a cool hostel, super chill, everyone who works there is amazing. The bar downstairs is also a plus.

Location is good, staff are great and rooms and good. Only issue is a tall male like myself struggled to fit in the shower comfortably. Other than that would still study again.

It is very cheap but the environment and the location was perfect! Their free breakfast was the BEST among all HI hostels I have stayed in the US and Canada!

Some of the bands can get sort of loud and if you're on a low floor you can hear them in your room, but other than that this place is great. The breakfast is AMAZING

Travis [he checked me in] was totally awesome and I appreciated his cool demeanor so much. The rest of the staff was helpful and courteous, I appreciated them as well!

The staff were really great, both friendly and helped us with any questions. The breakfast was a definite highlight, possibly the best free breakfast I have ever had! The beds all had their own light and plug and from our 6 bed mixed dorm we had an amazing view of the Toronto. My only small critique would be that the bathroom was a bit smelly and grimy with no place to hang your towel and the floor got pretty wet. But overall I would say really amazing value for money!!

I was check in late around 1 am.The stuff is really nice and help me a lot

The hostel is great. The location, the staff, the food, the atmosphere and possibility of interacting with other guests in the bar. The fact that you provide simple things like towels, shampoo and soap is a plus. I'm very happy because of my stay. Down: maybe it was just my room, but the toilette seat didn't remain up by itself...

• 4th Jan 2016

Hostel is a great location, room is more than adequate, great tap water, as it doesn't taste funny and is nice and cold especially for the city. Staff was fantastic , and hostel had a general good vibe going! Great place and definitely will stay again!

• 31st Dec 2015

The hostel is clean and bed is comfortable. However, I stayed on the 2nd floor so I can hear the band playing from 10pm until 1am. It was loud and obnoxious.

• 19th Dec 2015

great place and very easy to get around. Breakfast was surprisingly so good aswell for a hostel.

• 8th Dec 2015

Great hostel, very central. Good heating. Plenty of activities going on. Best hostel breakfast. Would definitely stay again

• 1st Dec 2015

This hostel is great. Most amazing hostel breakfast I've ever seen! Rooms are quite small and nowhere to put bags, that is my only complaint. Really good location, close to metro and easy walking distance everywhere!

Really friendly staff, everything was great for the price I paid.

• 20th Nov 2015

Excellent atmosphere - always good music on the hall- and great breakfast. The Cavern is amazing!

The Hostel has everything, the heart of a backpacker could want. Free Breakfast, free Wi-Fi, very nice and helpfull staff, a cool bar, offers of a bunch of activities... I could go on. The only flaw is the condition of the washrooms. They are not really clean and a bit run down. So if that is important for you, I wouldn't recommend it otherwise the Hostel was great.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We are glad to see your overall experience was positive and you even booked to return after your original stay! We agree with your comments - that is why we are currently undergoing some improvements in our washrooms, but it will take time to get to all of them - so other travelers can expect improvements in the near future. Safe travels!

The hostel is well located in downtown. We booked for 2 people in a dorm of 6. I don't understand why we had 2 beds in a different bunk bed. Next time, try to make an effort to get the same bunk-bed for the couple of person who booked at the same time!

Hi there - thank you for your feedback. We do try and put people travelling together in the same bunk beds, but sometimes that is not always possible, as it also depends on the stay of other travelers - not just 1 reservation. But thanks again for pointing that out! Safe travels.

The breakfast at this hostel was amazing. A cooked breakfast prepared for you and delivered like a restaurant was a first class touch not expected at a hostel.

Good overall value. Location is ideal. Bathroom shows need a deep cleaning.

« first « Prev 1 2 3