HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Friendly staff, clean beds/showers, included breakfast all in an excellent location--just what we needed!

A ok hostel but no particular good vibe. Dorms are quite small.

Excellent staff!!! Cool bar/restaurant, breakfast was king! events planned daily, bikes for rent, bbq patio :D great location in walking distance to everything and once more, amazing staff!!!

The shower head might need a bit of a clean but still better than other I've seen. The bathroom floor also got quite dirty and wet, I don't know how but this should be improved. The amount of power point sockets was minimal in my 10 beaded dorm. The food and breakfast system was great with an overall good vibe :D

It wasn't a bad experience , great location , uncomfortable beds and seems like not that great of a value for your money at all

We spent four nights at HI-toronto and we enjoyed our time there! We think that It's a nice place to stay! The staff was very good with us, and we could book our Niagara falls Tour there with an extra discount with membership cards. The breakfast is included and it's also nice.

I really enjoyed the excellent breakfast and the live bands in the Cavern bar.

Was Pretty clean, Good events on, easy to meet people and is a pretty good location in Toronto. Bar down stairs makes it easy to meet people. By far and away the BEST FREE breakfast at any hostel i have stayed at in North America! Like Wow!

Stayed there at the end of September. Staff (especially Jessica) was friendly. Common washrooms were very clean. My only disappointment was the trip to Niagara Falls. I asked specifically for the Moose Travel trip BUT I was given a different trip without being told. The trip was poorly organized: late pick up, overbooking which led to being put on a coach with elderly people which had a different trip-package and the leader didn't care much about us (we even missed the boat trip).

• 28th Sep 2014

The hostel was very central in Toronto, no transportation fees necessary! Loved the freshly coocked breakfast as well, overall staff was very helpfull and nice, I will stay here again if I go back to Toronto!

• 19th Sep 2014

Thank you! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay.

The place was great ! The staff was adorable, breakfast was good, and it was nice having social events at night. The hostel is not really cheap, but I felt it was worth its price.

Friendly staff and well managed hostel. Great breakfast included. Clip-on lights per bunk in my room but there were no outlets to plug them into. Mattresses were of minimal quality and uncomfortable. For such a large hostel the common area room was rather small but there is a bar/restaurant in the basement and a roof top patio which is nice.

Very nice and friendly people working there. Love breakfast style as well, just the waiting was a small problem for me.

Thank you for your feedback! Great things often take time! However, our guests can easily order a breakfast baggie to go that is not cooked, but at least gets them on their way should they be short on time or not keen on waiting. Safe travels!

It was a nice hostel. Free breakfast, good location, lockers available (small ones in room and then big ones in a separate room).

This was a good hostel, but on the 3rd night I stayed in a 6-bed room, I was woken at 4am by 5 rowdy drunken men. They also somehow knew my name (which I assume they only could have gotten by asking a staff member). As a woman, I felt outnumbered and threatened. Luckily the next night I was upgraded for free into a 4-bed female room.

Thank you for your feedback. We can assure you that our staff is well trained in not volunteering any guest information to anybody, specially other guests. Sometimes guests leave their room receipts out, old boarding tickets disposed improperly, or even airline tags on their bags and suitcases while sharing rooms with others, and that is most certainly something to watch out for if one is concerned with matters of privacy. We wish you safe travels.

The hostel was great! Also I left my laptop there and they handled it very professional and safe for me! I got it back safe and sound in no time all the way back to Edmonton Alberta ! Thanks Inga and the staff at Hi Toronto!

I stayed there during the Toronto International Film Festival, so accomodation was a bit pricey compared to other dates (as much as 30 % more than prices in October). The complimentary breakfast was plentiful and yummy. The Cavern bar makes an excellent place to meet people and the daily activities and events are always a lot of fun.

We thought the complimentary breakfast was great so please keep up the good work. Additionally I also felt that the girls at the front desk were very helpful with their recommendations. I would certainly come back here if I was visiting Toronto again.

As someone on the far side of middle-age who has never stayed in a hostel I would give this hostel an excellent rating. I couldn’t have asked for more - all the amenities available for showering, comfortable beds, a friendly and helpful desk staff along with a great “home-cooked” breakfast. Great job!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A great place to stay when visiting Toronto. Walking distance to downtown attractions. Staff helpful and friendly. Great atmosphere.

• 29th Aug 2014