HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Good hostel in a good location! They have a nice pub in the basement and amazing free breakfast! I can totally recommend it! We only disliked that the kitchen closed at 9pm.

Breakfast is very good.

I arrived very late but just make it to have breakfast there. It was very good, you have up to 4 choices which is rare in a hostel.

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel and would recommend it to anyone else visiting Toronto.

The breakfast was alright, the staff are quite friendly. However, there was a hiccup when I got assigned to a dorm without any empty beds due to an overstayer, this left me waiting for a new room assignment at 3am after my long-haul flight. Needless to say, I was annoyed and tired, and the staff did not provide any form of compensation or complimentary service to improve my experience. So that's what happened, take from it what you will...

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

We apologize the start of your stay wasnt ideal and that a room of your own the 1st night was not a suitable compensation,we aim to offer the best experience always.We wish it was brought up so we could've had a chance to address the issue further.We're pleased to see that,from the moment of check in,to the problem occurring,to the move to the new room,we were able to address the issue in around 20 minutes all together.We hope you will choose to come back for an improved experience.Safe travels.

Excellent stay and very friendly staff n i really enjoyed my stay and the best part is the cavern the bar.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • India

Why don't you Set up a small corner where traveller may trade or sell Tickets for busses, sightseeing or Public Transport which are still valid but no longer needed by the Person that bought it? Saw that in other hostels and like the idea. Backpacker Love to Save some bucks and help each other ;-)

• 8th Aug 2015

Hello! We have an announcement board on our lobby that guests use extensively to advertise ride shares, sale of tickets and other things like that! Thanks so much for the feedback and we hope to see you back soon. Cheers!

Best hostel breakfast I've ever had.. Which is included in the price. Bar and restaurant are very reasonably priced and have a great atmosphere. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay in this nice central location in downtown Toronto :)

• 4th Aug 2015

A friend and I stayed at HI Toronto last weekend in the 6 bed female dorm. Our train arrived before lunch but we were able to drop our bags and receive a guest key card to use kitchen and bathroom amenities before check-in at 3pm. Although our stay was for 1 night, this hostel had everything to make a lengthier stay very comfortable. When traveling back to Toronto, I won't hesitate to book with HI.

• 31st Jul 2015

Your staff is very young and green. I had a 10hr bus ride and it never occurred to the staff to inform me about the communal bathroom! Your staff should be aware that the city of Toronto is home to the largest Carnival in North America aka Carribana. I've stayed at green planet hostel 2 years ago, not only did they give me a tour of there facilities, they were able to give directions to any part of Toronto especially to Carribana! I prefer a well informed staff, and Hi-Toronto is a bit misguided

• 30th Jul 2015

Thanks for the feedback.We do have a high amount of new staff and we're really happy with them.We're now able to serve guests in 8 different languages - how fantastic is that?We're sure you understand there're challenges starting a new job - everyone must start somewhere!While we would love to be able to take our guests in a tour, we have 9 floors and a range of 80 to 110 guests checking in at any given day, numbers considerably larger than the ones carried by other hostels.Safe travels!

Nice place, fun activities

Had a really good time at HI Toronto. Met a lot of nice people in this place it's very conveniently located so close to every major attraction. Patio view is very nice but they won't let you sip a beer on the rooftop which kind of sucks specially with such a nice area. Breakfast was very good several choices to choose from only thing I found obnoxious was the coffee limitations a tiny cup of coffee isn't enough. Activities are well organized, loved it. The cavern is quite expensive for a hostel.

Thanks for the feedback.Strict Government Alcohol Laws don't allow us to open the patio for alcohol consumption - believe us, we'd love to see you guys taking in the sunshine refreshing yourselves with your favourite ale - but we can actually lose our license to operate if we don't comply!We offer unlimited coffee 24 hours per day in our lobby and guest kitchen area beside breakfast,so anybody wanting more of their caffeine kick, can help themselves with that at any time! =) Have a safe trip

I was very impressed with this Hostel, especially the free breakfast! Bacon, eggs, watermelon & raspberries! (not your typical toast & cereal) They have a secure room to store bags, which is very convenient. You put one tag on your bag and keep the other to retrieve it. I was able to store my luggage while I walked around all day before I got my flight. The washroom wasn't the cleanest though. Thumbs up for all the recycling bins for electronics and plastic grocery bags.

• 17th Jul 2015

The hostel world listed price is apparently their member price. So the actual cost for our two nights was much higher than we expected. This seems like false advertising, if we had known this beforehand we would not have stayed here. We were quite put off by this alone. We also found the general energy to the place quite low. The staff interacted very little with guests, rarely saying hello when you enter or bye when you leave.

Hello and thank you for the feedback.HI Toronto is part of a member network of over 4000 hostels around the world,so our rates are always considering members of HI.This information is shown first thing at the top of the "property information" description in the main booking page.It also shows right below the total booking costs,in the "your booking" page,before you are required to fill out your information.And finally,it also comes out in your confirmation e-mail. We wish you safe travels!Cheers

brilliant place and great breakfast!! in a good location and comfiest beds we have slept in for a long time!

I stayed here for two nights, really clean hostel, met some good people in my room as well. The staff are awesome, Good location and within walking distance to most places in the city. I will stay here again

Location is great, just a few minutes away from bus station and easy to find. Staff were very friendly and they always made suggestions to pass the day, or gave multiple options. They also tried to help as to get the best price. Facilities were great! Very clean and, unlike other hostels, showers are not shared. Breakfast is not that vast bur overall a great stay.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Mexico

It's a clean, well located hostel which is really calmed, I would take my parents and grandparents with me to this place.

the hostel location is probably the onl6 good thing about this place. two staff member were friendly the rest of them below average. the rooms were awful and the bathroom discusting. im not one to usually care about the wifi but its bad quality in the rooms (by bad i mean you couldn't load googl3 welcome page) meant that the common areas were filled with people just chilling behind screens.

Little expensive but the hostel itself is great. The bar downstairs is cool, the breakfast is amazing, dinner's not too bad either and you get to meet a lot of interesting and cool people. Definitely recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4