HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Nice place, fun activities

Had a really good time at HI Toronto. Met a lot of nice people in this place it's very conveniently located so close to every major attraction. Patio view is very nice but they won't let you sip a beer on the rooftop which kind of sucks specially with such a nice area. Breakfast was very good several choices to choose from only thing I found obnoxious was the coffee limitations a tiny cup of coffee isn't enough. Activities are well organized, loved it. The cavern is quite expensive for a hostel.

I was very impressed with this Hostel, especially the free breakfast! Bacon, eggs, watermelon & raspberries! (not your typical toast & cereal) They have a secure room to store bags, which is very convenient. You put one tag on your bag and keep the other to retrieve it. I was able to store my luggage while I walked around all day before I got my flight. The washroom wasn't the cleanest though. Thumbs up for all the recycling bins for electronics and plastic grocery bags.

• 17th Jul 2015

The hostel world listed price is apparently their member price. So the actual cost for our two nights was much higher than we expected. This seems like false advertising, if we had known this beforehand we would not have stayed here. We were quite put off by this alone. We also found the general energy to the place quite low. The staff interacted very little with guests, rarely saying hello when you enter or bye when you leave.

Hello and thank you for the feedback.HI Toronto is part of a member network of over 4000 hostels around the world,so our rates are always considering members of HI.This information is shown first thing at the top of the "property information" description in the main booking page.It also shows right below the total booking costs,in the "your booking" page,before you are required to fill out your information.And finally,it also comes out in your confirmation e-mail. We wish you safe travels!Cheers

brilliant place and great breakfast!! in a good location and comfiest beds we have slept in for a long time!

I stayed here for two nights, really clean hostel, met some good people in my room as well. The staff are awesome, Good location and within walking distance to most places in the city. I will stay here again

Location is great, just a few minutes away from bus station and easy to find. Staff were very friendly and they always made suggestions to pass the day, or gave multiple options. They also tried to help as to get the best price. Facilities were great! Very clean and, unlike other hostels, showers are not shared. Breakfast is not that vast bur overall a great stay.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Mexico

It's a clean, well located hostel which is really calmed, I would take my parents and grandparents with me to this place.

the hostel location is probably the onl6 good thing about this place. two staff member were friendly the rest of them below average. the rooms were awful and the bathroom discusting. im not one to usually care about the wifi but its bad quality in the rooms (by bad i mean you couldn't load googl3 welcome page) meant that the common areas were filled with people just chilling behind screens.

Little expensive but the hostel itself is great. The bar downstairs is cool, the breakfast is amazing, dinner's not too bad either and you get to meet a lot of interesting and cool people. Definitely recommended.

The staff is good. While the bed cover is not that clean, the mattress and pillow is too soft. The aircon is quite noisy. Breakfirst is ok.

Love the breakfast, and free tea and coffee. Definitely would stay here again. Handy walking distance to everything.

The help of the staff was tremendous

• 17th Jun 2015

I had a great stay!! Friendly staff, clean room, everything you need is close to, excellent service, I'll come back!

We are looking forward to having you back!!! Safe travels!

On June 14th whoever was working around 5 am was pretty rude to me and a couple other costumers. Other than that the staff was great.

• 11th Jun 2015

Worst wifi ever, you literally are faster sending a pigeon to carry your message

Just so dirty and not so reasonable if don't have a membership card

• 10th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Shout out to Jen the girl in the kitchen! Really nice hostel, very pleased overall. My only complaint is that the split the deposit among our whole party. Definitely recommend!

• 6th Jun 2015

Thank you so much for your feedback! Jen will be happy to hear you left a nice comment. The situation with the deposit, all you need to do is ask and we are happy to oblige if you wish to have the deposit discounted for just the one person! :D Safe travels and be back soon eh?!

Staff were really friendly and the breakfast and location were great. Windows in room didn't open, though, and that made it really, really hot overnight.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Safety regulations for high rise buildings like ours unfortunately do not allow our property to have windows that open more than a few inches, however, every room is equipped with its own AC/Heating unit to take care of those hotter or colder nights. We are glad your overall experience was positive. Safe travels!

great neighborhood awesome staff. I thought it was a little expensive @ $30 CAD a night but it is an amazing hostel

• 29th May 2015

Hello and thanks for your feedback! We are really happy you enjoyed it! We keep a close eye in the market in order to have the best product and staff available to service our guests. We do offer some services that other hostels in Toronto do not, such as our FREE breakfast menu (freshly made and cooked to order!), dormitory beds already made for you (no more top bunk struggles, yay!), daily organized activities, an onsite bar and restaurant with affordable prices and free live events nightly!

« first « Prev 1 2 3