HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

The staff is good. While the bed cover is not that clean, the mattress and pillow is too soft. The aircon is quite noisy. Breakfirst is ok.

Love the breakfast, and free tea and coffee. Definitely would stay here again. Handy walking distance to everything.

The help of the staff was tremendous

• 17th Jun 2015

I had a great stay!! Friendly staff, clean room, everything you need is close to, excellent service, I'll come back!

We are looking forward to having you back!!! Safe travels!

On June 14th whoever was working around 5 am was pretty rude to me and a couple other costumers. Other than that the staff was great.

• 11th Jun 2015

Worst wifi ever, you literally are faster sending a pigeon to carry your message

Just so dirty and not so reasonable if don't have a membership card

• 10th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Shout out to Jen the girl in the kitchen! Really nice hostel, very pleased overall. My only complaint is that the split the deposit among our whole party. Definitely recommend!

• 6th Jun 2015

Thank you so much for your feedback! Jen will be happy to hear you left a nice comment. The situation with the deposit, all you need to do is ask and we are happy to oblige if you wish to have the deposit discounted for just the one person! :D Safe travels and be back soon eh?!

Staff were really friendly and the breakfast and location were great. Windows in room didn't open, though, and that made it really, really hot overnight.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Safety regulations for high rise buildings like ours unfortunately do not allow our property to have windows that open more than a few inches, however, every room is equipped with its own AC/Heating unit to take care of those hotter or colder nights. We are glad your overall experience was positive. Safe travels!

great neighborhood awesome staff. I thought it was a little expensive @ $30 CAD a night but it is an amazing hostel

• 29th May 2015

Hello and thanks for your feedback! We are really happy you enjoyed it! We keep a close eye in the market in order to have the best product and staff available to service our guests. We do offer some services that other hostels in Toronto do not, such as our FREE breakfast menu (freshly made and cooked to order!), dormitory beds already made for you (no more top bunk struggles, yay!), daily organized activities, an onsite bar and restaurant with affordable prices and free live events nightly!

Everything was perfect! Exactly what I hoped for in a hostel.

Thank you so much for the kind words. We hope to see you again soon! Safe travels

i loved that my room had its own bathroom and it wasn´t a private one but 4 sharing

• 28th May 2015
  • Colombia

It was lovely staying at the hostel, I would only like to see a more secure spot to keep bicycles. Hopefully you will have more and more cyclists coming to stay in future years. The coffee at breakfast was good quality but rather sparse. I would be happy to pay for an additional cup but that didn't seem possible either.

Ideally situated, friendly staff however, some guests in the hostel need to realise hat they need to tone their voice down within the corridors as people are sleeping.

• 16th May 2015
  • Belgium

Nice people. Really like the atmosphere and the location, which is pretty much dowtown. Would totally recommand to any backpacker!!

• 16th May 2015

I enjoyed my stay and I will recommend this hostel to all people I know who think about visiting Toronto. Only very minor problems, the elevator seemed to take unusually long to arrive and the board games I borrowed had missing pieces.

• 15th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you so much for your feedback. We now have a person in charge of hostel's programming and activities, and she has already used your feedback to update the missing pieces as well as bought more fun games for all guests to enjoy for free! Safe travels.

Four girl dorm room was perfect! Super nice staff and having a bar in the basement is a nice touch! Within walking distance of subway and really close to queen st w

• 14th May 2015

The hostel was great. Amazing location. Affordable parking. Friendly staff. Great food.

• 13th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

We are so happy you have enjoyed your stay. Although we are happy you found the parking prices to be affordable, it is important to remind other guests that we do not offer parking ourselves - it is all private parking lots located around. For folks coming from other cities, the prices can actually be a little sour - so if you have an option, we suggest leaving cars at home, since we are located walking or transit system from all the best Toronto has to offer. We hope to see you back soon!

I thought I would get a good night's sleep but unfortunately, I wasn't made aware of the fact that there was a loud music bar in the basement.

• 11th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Hello, and thank you for your feedback. The Cavern Bar does indeed have great live bands playing most nights but they do tend to end at around 1:30am at the latest on the weekends. We do, however, have earplugs available free of charge at the front desk. For those not looking to join in the fun, it is best to reserve one of our 4 bed shared rooms an put a request, as those are usually located higher up in the hostel.We hope you will choose to come back for a different experience! Cheers

The 8-female room was very smelly, the bed absolutely uncomfortable, and the worst part is that I got a nasty sting in one of the armchairs of the common area... I suggest you to disinfect those chairs with an insecticide or something, specially for the healthy issue. Other than that location, breakfast and staff are great, but cleanliness is miserable.

Hello. We are actually just in the process of purchasing brand new lounge furniture! We hope you will choose to come back soon for an improved experience - we promise not to disappoint! Safe travels.

« first « Prev 1 2 3