HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Very nice and friendly people working there. Love breakfast style as well, just the waiting was a small problem for me.

It was a nice hostel. Free breakfast, good location, lockers available (small ones in room and then big ones in a separate room).

This was a good hostel, but on the 3rd night I stayed in a 6-bed room, I was woken at 4am by 5 rowdy drunken men. They also somehow knew my name (which I assume they only could have gotten by asking a staff member). As a woman, I felt outnumbered and threatened. Luckily the next night I was upgraded for free into a 4-bed female room.

Thank you for your feedback. We can assure you that our staff is well trained in not volunteering any guest information to anybody, specially other guests. Sometimes guests leave their room receipts out, old boarding tickets disposed improperly, or even airline tags on their bags and suitcases while sharing rooms with others, and that is most certainly something to watch out for if one is concerned with matters of privacy. We wish you safe travels.

The hostel was great! Also I left my laptop there and they handled it very professional and safe for me! I got it back safe and sound in no time all the way back to Edmonton Alberta ! Thanks Inga and the staff at Hi Toronto!

We thought the complimentary breakfast was great so please keep up the good work. Additionally I also felt that the girls at the front desk were very helpful with their recommendations. I would certainly come back here if I was visiting Toronto again.

As someone on the far side of middle-age who has never stayed in a hostel I would give this hostel an excellent rating. I couldn’t have asked for more - all the amenities available for showering, comfortable beds, a friendly and helpful desk staff along with a great “home-cooked” breakfast. Great job!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A great place to stay when visiting Toronto. Walking distance to downtown attractions. Staff helpful and friendly. Great atmosphere.

• 29th Aug 2014

Staff, variety of facilities (eg bar, breakfast, lounge) and location were good. The room however wasn't good. Uncomfortable saggy bed, air con that did nothing, windows that wouldn't open enough to let air in and an outdated bathroom that was small far outweigh the good. What's worse is that they charge $45 a night for this. Probably the worst value for money I've had at a hostel to date.

Hello there, and thank you for your feedback. We have passed on your comments to our maintenance team to check the room you have stayed and work on improvements. We too are big fans of natural air coming into our rooms, however, as a 9 floor building, there is maximum gap we can allow our windows to open in vision of the safety of all our guests (many of which are children).

The staff are so lovely, happy and helpful! The facilities are above average in my opinion for a backpackers and the general atmosphere is sociable and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel, WIFI is not the fastest but would go there again :)

Nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast :)

Elevator smelt a little funky. Music on the bar was really loud in enclosed space.

• 8th Aug 2014

1) Breakfast. The concept of a made to order breakfast in nice but in reality its just not worth the wait. Both mornings I just wanted a quick bowl of cereal and to get out early but was forced to wait >30mins each time for my soggy raisin bran. The breakfast set up in your Washington DC hostel was vastly better. 2) Island 'tour'- In reality the tour consists of someone walking you to the ferry and leaving you to your own devices once you arrive. Guide was a little socially awkward

The breakfast is very slow. I had to wait 40 minutes every time. All the other things are OK

Only stayed here for one night and booked it based on prices. It was worth what was paid. But wifi connect was that poor on the room that I couldn't connect

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Centrally located, very nice staff, clean rooms, excellent breakfast, daily tours and a bar directly in the hostel. Doesn't get much better than that.

If you are no member you have to pay much more for everything!

The best free breakfast I've had in a hostel yet. :D

No atmosphere... Very old dated... Small rooms, not a lot space for luggage Rather noisy

Hello there!HI Toronto offers a variety of daytime tours as well as free live concerts at the Cavern Bar to help our guests socialize and have a good time-however,it's up to each guest to participate and get to know the other guests in order to make the atmosphere work, right? We agree our hostel has some areas that need more attention-and we assure you we are working on them constantly. We hope you'll have a chance to visit us again soon, and hopefully, have a complete experience.Safe travels

Good location, great facilities, and staff. However, the atmosphere was rather poor. Everyone in the common areas was just sitting around on their phones. The bar downstairs wasn't great and the hostel run the worst pub crawl I've been on. If you want a clean, well located place to crash when visiting Toronto, this will suit you, but for me it lacked the hostel vibe that makes backpacking fun.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4