HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Loved it! Breakfast was amazing. I couldn't believe it was included in the price of stay. I enjoyed every staff member I interacted with. The location was perfect for getting right on the metro. My only complaint was that the shower could have been a little cleaner. The rest of the bathroom was fine. I enjoyed the activities happening at the Cavern and specials on food/beer.

• 14th Mar 2015

Very good place! The atmosphere above all was amazing! There is a pub in the Hostel where is possible to meet people and to have fun with music and shows!

A very clean, friendly place with excellent facilities and in a fantastic location. The breakfast is great too.

• 10th Mar 2015

The breakfast is great. You have a nice choice and it tasts good. Staff was helpfull and friendly. Wifi was a little slow but still good. Rooms were usually cleaned every day which was nice too. Guests were loud when they came into the room late, but thats hostel life. I would stay there again and can recommend it!!! Good place to stay

• 1st Mar 2015

Great hostel for a weekend in Toronto. Helpful and friendly staff. Other guest were easy to talk to and friendly. Lockers in the rooms were too small for luggage but that was fine for my circumstances. Showers and bathrooms were decent. Would stay at again. Breakfest was unexpectedly delicious.

Staff not very helpful and rude will not come hear again the bed was so bad the room was not clean

• 25th Feb 2015

on the whole, it is quite nice place. The only thing I feel not comfortable is that on the 5th floor, the air smells not right. It is a mixing of fried onion and organic rubbish.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • China

I didn't like the room too much. It was rather tiny so that it was difficult to find room for my suitcase. But that's okay since I had booked a hostel, not a hotel. However, the breakfast is included, you can choose from some offers and it was delicious! Huge compliment to the hostel for the kitchen staff and their abilities.

Friendly staff, great location and super clean. Highly recommended!

• 11th Feb 2015

One of the best Hostels I stayed in. Food was great. Folks were friendly..

• 4th Feb 2015

Nice hostel.. Will stay again..

Activities at night are good! The bar is a good place to meet people but it closes early, I find. The kitchen is huge and has everything you need to cook. Rooms a little small but enough space. Bathrooms are okay, nothingg. Spectacular. Wifi is good. Location is perfect. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is good but finish too early. Overall, it's a good hostel, I recommand it and I would stay there again.

The breakfast instructions are kind of confusing the 1st time and staff isn't that helpful.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

I love this hostel, will definitely come back when I'm in Toronto again! Great staff, yummy breakfast and a great atmosphere! My room was clean and I always had access to a bathroom. Thanks Hi Toronto! :)

The only problem with this hostel is the rooms have tiled floors instead of carpets which can be a problem if you are visiting Toronto in winter. The room floors can get quite cold and uncomfortable even with the heater on.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Many places in Toronto indeed keep carpet in their facilities. However, HI Toronto has opted out of it for a matter of cleanliness. The rooms therefore have no stinky rugs, that can get easily wet and damp, making the cleaning of it a time consuming and strenuous process for our housekeepers. Being a shared spaces facility, we do suggest our guests to be wearing some type of footwear at all times - hygienic and warm for everybody. Safe travels

A solid if unspectacular hostel. After staying in HI Chicago which was excellent, this seemed a step backwards for the brand. The room was incredibly cramped, and the toilet flooded when I was there. Overall the room had a dirty feel to it. However the Cavern is a positive addition, and the location is central enough that you're not too far away from the sights of Toronto. Breakfast is excellent and highly recommended if you wake up in time

Cooked breakfast was brilliant, beds were comfy, staff were nice.

Not a great place for mingling. Mostly dudes. The place is run solely as a business. No soul or character to the staff and therefore sets the mood for everyone staying there.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Your comments come as a surprise, as our staff is rated pretty high according to other travelers, and our Cavern Bar is one of the best at setting good vibes for all travelers, with live events most nights of the week. We hope you will have a chance to come back and experience it at a different light - we promise not to disappoint! Cheers!

HI Hostels chain aways charges more than the average for offering the average service for their costumers. I have been to other hostels considered the bests of their places for half of price that HI Hostel charges us! If the price was fair enough, I would have nothing to complain about. But once I have paid 20 USD in hostels in Paris, Lisbon, Washington, etc... Paying more than 35 one night in a 8 mixed bedroom for this is too too too much!

Hello, and thank you for the feedback. Our rates are competitive with other hostels in our area, but indeed, Toronto is a higher than average costing city, like Boston and New York, where dorms beds can cost as much as $55/night!. However, we do try and offer to our guests as much included as possible, such as our free cooked to order breakfast (can't find that at many hostels, we bet! ;) ) Once again we appreciate your comments and we are happy you have enjoyed your stay. Safe travels.

This is the best hostel I have stayed at! It has really yummy, free breakfast, very clean showers in individual cubicles, hairdryers included and an overall great atmosphere. The rooms require a swipe card which makes them extra secure and the bar 'The Cavern' had some great events and was an awesome way to meet people. Thank you HI Toronto, I had a great stay!!