HI Toronto

8.4
Fabulous 2182 Total Reviews

16th Aug 2017
7.7

It was okay just not as close to the city center as I was hoping

• Germany, Male, 25-30
15th Aug 2017
6.6

I got charged almost twice as much on my as it says on the credit card receipt. I recommend paying in cash. Very large hostel. Clean and well-maintained with little safes in the room. Since the hostel is so huge, there is very little atmosphere despite the nice bar in the basement.

• rxnickstark
  • USA, Male, 25-30
14th Aug 2017

Very friendly staff. Free breakfast. Lots of free tours! Beds were very comfortable and not paper thin. Price is on the high side ($50 a night). Plenty of electrical outlets and extension cords. Each bed has its own safe. No lockers, but this wasn't a problem as each dorm room can only be opened by your key card. Only negative is the small bathrooms in the dorm rooms. But you can get around this by changing your clothes outside the shower. Not the end of the world. Pricey, but good.

• England, Couple, 25-30
13th Aug 2017
4.3

Have travelled across Canada this year and have stayed in every HI Hostel available in the places I have visited and this was by far the worst. The washrooms were disgusting and stunk of mould. It was clear to see by looking at the tiles that a thorough clean had not occurred for some time. There was regularly dirty foot prints and hair everywhere in the washrooms everyday. The roof top patio was only available on the BBQ night which was disappointing as it was lovely weather in the evenings :(

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay! We are renovating our older washrooms later this month, so if you choose to stay again I can assure that it'll be a pleseant experience. Our patio is also open every day (weather permitting), but is closed off by 11pm so that the noise doesn't disturb the guests who have rooms right next to it. I hope you choose to stay again so we can live up to the expectations you have come to expect from HI hostels :) - Travis

• dkeele72817
  • Australia, Male, 31-40
10th Aug 2017
6.9

Bed was good and I liked the safe in the room. But the shower was tiny and hard to use and there was so much mould!

Sorry to hear that you weren't a fan of the showers! We are actually tearing out the older washrooms this month and completely replacing them. Next time you stay with us, you'll be able to enjoy a brand new set up. Thanks for the review!

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th Aug 2017

All the amenities you could need! Friendly staff, well-kept and thoughtful rooms, plus CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. The location is amazing, so close to the downtown buzz. Thanks to all of the staff for making my stay in Toronto so relaxing! Oh and the bar downstairs is dope too

Thank YOU for the great review! We love to hear of guests enjoying themselves so much. It makes our job that much more rewarding. :) - Travis

6th Aug 2017

My bed was not very comfortable, the mattress virtually broken, I did not sleep well. I did not expect it because of the price of the stay. The atmosphere, on the other hand, is very beautiful, with the friendly staff and always ready to help or give information. The kitchen is the aspect I most liked. Isolated from the bed area, not to disturb, and equipped with everything you need to cook any kind of thing. Also with plenty of food left by other guests, and made available to everyone.

I'm sorry to hear that your mattress was uncomfortable! We've been replacing the old beds in the hostel, so I'll send our staff to investigate immediately. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself otherwise and I hope you choose to stay again in the future! - Travis

• Canada, Female, 18-24
6th Aug 2017
7.7

Kinda dirty in the dorms and bathrooms.. Beds were comfy though and they had organized activities for every day! Good at the bar was good too. Little pricey for the state the upstairs was in...

Sorry that our cleanliness didn't meet your standards for your stay. Housekeeping cleans each room/bathroom every day but I'll be sure to pass on the feedback to them. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself otherwise! Alex is going to be happy to hear how much positive feedback she's getting on her activities : ) - Travis

• afuss1987
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
2nd Aug 2017

Only stayed one night but it was a very well located hostel with a good breakfast and plenty of activities available.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
28th Jul 2017

Very modern but nothing to write home about. The beds however were very comfy and there was plugs and lights by the beds. The janitorial staff was crazy rude. The showers weren't the cleanest and there was dried blood on the toilet paper holder. But the rooms were well kept and the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. For the price I feel like breakfast (at least the basics) should be included. However, I would stay here again from what I've heard it's the cleanest Toronto hostel.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll be sure to follow up with housekeeping. Come stay again and we'll be sure to meet your expectation :) - Travis