HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Activities at night are good! The bar is a good place to meet people but it closes early, I find. The kitchen is huge and has everything you need to cook. Rooms a little small but enough space. Bathrooms are okay, nothingg. Spectacular. Wifi is good. Location is perfect. Staff is friendly. Breakfast is good but finish too early. Overall, it's a good hostel, I recommand it and I would stay there again.

The breakfast instructions are kind of confusing the 1st time and staff isn't that helpful.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

I love this hostel, will definitely come back when I'm in Toronto again! Great staff, yummy breakfast and a great atmosphere! My room was clean and I always had access to a bathroom. Thanks Hi Toronto! :)

The only problem with this hostel is the rooms have tiled floors instead of carpets which can be a problem if you are visiting Toronto in winter. The room floors can get quite cold and uncomfortable even with the heater on.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Many places in Toronto indeed keep carpet in their facilities. However, HI Toronto has opted out of it for a matter of cleanliness. The rooms therefore have no stinky rugs, that can get easily wet and damp, making the cleaning of it a time consuming and strenuous process for our housekeepers. Being a shared spaces facility, we do suggest our guests to be wearing some type of footwear at all times - hygienic and warm for everybody. Safe travels

A solid if unspectacular hostel. After staying in HI Chicago which was excellent, this seemed a step backwards for the brand. The room was incredibly cramped, and the toilet flooded when I was there. Overall the room had a dirty feel to it. However the Cavern is a positive addition, and the location is central enough that you're not too far away from the sights of Toronto. Breakfast is excellent and highly recommended if you wake up in time

Cooked breakfast was brilliant, beds were comfy, staff were nice.

Not a great place for mingling. Mostly dudes. The place is run solely as a business. No soul or character to the staff and therefore sets the mood for everyone staying there.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Your comments come as a surprise, as our staff is rated pretty high according to other travelers, and our Cavern Bar is one of the best at setting good vibes for all travelers, with live events most nights of the week. We hope you will have a chance to come back and experience it at a different light - we promise not to disappoint! Cheers!

HI Hostels chain aways charges more than the average for offering the average service for their costumers. I have been to other hostels considered the bests of their places for half of price that HI Hostel charges us! If the price was fair enough, I would have nothing to complain about. But once I have paid 20 USD in hostels in Paris, Lisbon, Washington, etc... Paying more than 35 one night in a 8 mixed bedroom for this is too too too much!

Hello, and thank you for the feedback. Our rates are competitive with other hostels in our area, but indeed, Toronto is a higher than average costing city, like Boston and New York, where dorms beds can cost as much as $55/night!. However, we do try and offer to our guests as much included as possible, such as our free cooked to order breakfast (can't find that at many hostels, we bet! ;) ) Once again we appreciate your comments and we are happy you have enjoyed your stay. Safe travels.

This is the best hostel I have stayed at! It has really yummy, free breakfast, very clean showers in individual cubicles, hairdryers included and an overall great atmosphere. The rooms require a swipe card which makes them extra secure and the bar 'The Cavern' had some great events and was an awesome way to meet people. Thank you HI Toronto, I had a great stay!!

Spent five nights here the bar is cheap and they do great backpacker meals, breakfast is a very nice touch too which is complimentary all up I would stay here again.

The location of the hostel is really nice. Staffs are also helpful. But too many people. And when I was using the room for 6 women, our room's bathroom light was not fixed for 2 nights.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Wothin walking distance of everything I needed to get to.

• 18th Dec 2014

The hostel is nice and the breakfast is very enjoyable!

The last time I was at this hostel was about a year and they have improved greatly. Free breakfast in the morning and a better lounge on the main floor. Great stay. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

We are glad you had a chance to come back and see our improvements. But we are busy bees around here, and we love to make the place better. Come back soon and you'll be sure to see many more improvements! Safe travels.

Friendly staff, clean beds/showers, included breakfast all in an excellent location--just what we needed!

And YOU is just what WE need! Come back soon, we look forward to your next visit. Thanks for the words. Safe travels!

A ok hostel but no particular good vibe. Dorms are quite small.

Excellent staff!!! Cool bar/restaurant, breakfast was king! events planned daily, bikes for rent, bbq patio :D great location in walking distance to everything and once more, amazing staff!!!

The shower head might need a bit of a clean but still better than other I've seen. The bathroom floor also got quite dirty and wet, I don't know how but this should be improved. The amount of power point sockets was minimal in my 10 beaded dorm. The food and breakfast system was great with an overall good vibe :D

It wasn't a bad experience , great location , uncomfortable beds and seems like not that great of a value for your money at all

We spent four nights at HI-toronto and we enjoyed our time there! We think that It's a nice place to stay! The staff was very good with us, and we could book our Niagara falls Tour there with an extra discount with membership cards. The breakfast is included and it's also nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3