HI-Toronto

Fabulous 2012 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 41+
12th Apr 2017
7.4

Loved the kitchen and the location. The carpet on my floor was dirty and torn, and there was dirt in the corners where the shower connected with the floor. The rooms were more cramped than at other hostels and I didn't see a common area inside the secure place. I left early in the morning (5:15) and was immediately met by a guy asking for money. It wasn't a big deal, it just surprised me. Maybe the hostel can give a warning.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2017

I isusally expext the worse for inner-city hostels but this was actually a really good hostel. Staff were spectacular, the facilities in general were great, the bar downstairs is perfect if you feel like socialising, and the location is right in the centre of down, a few minutes walk from shops and train station. My only gripe was the lockers are too small for a bag - yes I could lock up most of my valuables, would've been perfect to fit my whole bag though.

11th Apr 2017

The hostel is situated right opposite St James Church and it takes only 10-15 minutes to walk to/from Union Station. I appreciate the quiet neighborhood, the cosy kitchen on the ground floor, the free wifi and the individual reading lights at each bed. However, there is only 1 power outlet in my room for 4 of us. (There is another outlet but it's connected to the reading lights.)

• Canada, Male, 41+
10th Apr 2017
4.6

The elevator, was broke going to the 3erd floor I was stuck for 8 hours, I had to sleep on the floor, like a dog, When I finally got out, trying to speak to someone about this issue, to get some kind of compensation for that night, And no one was able to help me, I find there to big for there staff, and that could be very dangerous if there is an emergency. Safety first and this is not one of them.

5th Apr 2017

I enjoyed every aspect except for the space of the 4-room dorm. I was the 4th to arrive, and the 1 chair and 1 windowsill was covered by other's materials and there was simply no where to put anything down other than the ground or the top bunk, which made unpacking things difficult. Next time, i would request the lower bunk, unless i only had a small backpack.

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Mar 2017

This hostel was amazing! There is a safe, hairdryer and locker in every room, a well stocked kitchen and the staff are super helpful. The common areas are buzzing all the time and the hostel made a real effort to maintain a social atmosphere with group tours and pub crawls! We met the loveliest people here and the location is fantastic- we walked everywhere!

• England, Male, 18-24
24th Mar 2017

Location is the real stand out for this hostel. In the heart of downtown with great bars, restaurants, St Lawrence Market and CN tower nearby. Large shared kitchen in common area, well maintained en suite and comfortable beds with air conditioning in the room. The Cavern bar in the basement wasn't great but hey you're that close to other food places and bars it doesn't matter.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
24th Mar 2017

The public space was super cute, staff was Friendly and helpful, and the location was perfect! I highly recommend!

• Canada, Male, 41+
17th Mar 2017

Low rates, close to everything, excellent Wi-Fi, friendly staff, cozy bar with eclectic music -- what's not too like? This tidy hostel is a great place to chill or party. I will be back!

16th Mar 2017

I've stayed in plenty of hostels but this is definitely one of the best! I chose a private room, just for convenience, and was not disappointed! Since I had a private room I received free breakfasts and 50% off my first meal. The hostel is really close to the city center and walking distance to all great locations and public transit. Staff was great, a lot of cool amenities and cool events. Definitely recommend.