HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

A great place to stay when visiting Toronto. Walking distance to downtown attractions. Staff helpful and friendly. Great atmosphere.

• 29th Aug 2014

Staff, variety of facilities (eg bar, breakfast, lounge) and location were good. The room however wasn't good. Uncomfortable saggy bed, air con that did nothing, windows that wouldn't open enough to let air in and an outdated bathroom that was small far outweigh the good. What's worse is that they charge $45 a night for this. Probably the worst value for money I've had at a hostel to date.

Hello there, and thank you for your feedback. We have passed on your comments to our maintenance team to check the room you have stayed and work on improvements. We too are big fans of natural air coming into our rooms, however, as a 9 floor building, there is maximum gap we can allow our windows to open in vision of the safety of all our guests (many of which are children).

Decent hostel. The common areas are pretty small for a hostel of this size, could be improved!

This was my third time staying at this hostel. The receptionists are always so friendly and happy to help, and I love the atmosphere of the lobby...lively and nice music. They also have the pub "tavern," although it was very empty and boring when I went there (weird, because I had so much fun last time I went there 5 months ago.) Definitely the top of my list when it comes to accommodations in Toronto!

The staff are so lovely, happy and helpful! The facilities are above average in my opinion for a backpackers and the general atmosphere is sociable and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel, WIFI is not the fastest but would go there again :)

Nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast :)

Elevator smelt a little funky. Music on the bar was really loud in enclosed space.

• 8th Aug 2014

1) Breakfast. The concept of a made to order breakfast in nice but in reality its just not worth the wait. Both mornings I just wanted a quick bowl of cereal and to get out early but was forced to wait >30mins each time for my soggy raisin bran. The breakfast set up in your Washington DC hostel was vastly better. 2) Island 'tour'- In reality the tour consists of someone walking you to the ferry and leaving you to your own devices once you arrive. Guide was a little socially awkward

The breakfast is very slow. I had to wait 40 minutes every time. All the other things are OK

Only stayed here for one night and booked it based on prices. It was worth what was paid. But wifi connect was that poor on the room that I couldn't connect

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Centrally located, very nice staff, clean rooms, excellent breakfast, daily tours and a bar directly in the hostel. Doesn't get much better than that.

If you are no member you have to pay much more for everything!

The best free breakfast I've had in a hostel yet. :D

No atmosphere... Very old dated... Small rooms, not a lot space for luggage Rather noisy

Hello there!HI Toronto offers a variety of daytime tours as well as free live concerts at the Cavern Bar to help our guests socialize and have a good time-however,it's up to each guest to participate and get to know the other guests in order to make the atmosphere work, right? We agree our hostel has some areas that need more attention-and we assure you we are working on them constantly. We hope you'll have a chance to visit us again soon, and hopefully, have a complete experience.Safe travels

Good location, great facilities, and staff. However, the atmosphere was rather poor. Everyone in the common areas was just sitting around on their phones. The bar downstairs wasn't great and the hostel run the worst pub crawl I've been on. If you want a clean, well located place to crash when visiting Toronto, this will suit you, but for me it lacked the hostel vibe that makes backpacking fun.

An excellent option for accommodation in the heart of the loveliest city in the world.

Good hostel and facilities, a pity the kitchen closes at 9pm

It's at a great location! 8 minutes walk to downtown area, and there's a lot to see and but. Small restaurants and cafe everywhere around the hostel so dining is not a problem at all! The hostel also offer very delicious breakfast, and lots of city tours. After all I had a very great experience staying there for 2 nights! Thanks to the Australian guy who recommended it to me^^

• 5th Jul 2014
  • China

The staff took this place to another level. The reception and the cooks were all very friendly and helpful. The a.c. in the room we stayed in the first night didn't work very well, but they were glad to switch our room for the second night. they are in the process of updating the a.c. units and in the second room we were set up great! The cave in the basement served great food which was part of the price included for the room. also they set up a huge projector for the world cup games!

• 4th Jul 2014