HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

A ok hostel but no particular good vibe. Dorms are quite small.

Excellent staff!!! Cool bar/restaurant, breakfast was king! events planned daily, bikes for rent, bbq patio :D great location in walking distance to everything and once more, amazing staff!!!

The shower head might need a bit of a clean but still better than other I've seen. The bathroom floor also got quite dirty and wet, I don't know how but this should be improved. The amount of power point sockets was minimal in my 10 beaded dorm. The food and breakfast system was great with an overall good vibe :D

It wasn't a bad experience , great location , uncomfortable beds and seems like not that great of a value for your money at all

We spent four nights at HI-toronto and we enjoyed our time there! We think that It's a nice place to stay! The staff was very good with us, and we could book our Niagara falls Tour there with an extra discount with membership cards. The breakfast is included and it's also nice.

I really enjoyed the excellent breakfast and the live bands in the Cavern bar.

Was Pretty clean, Good events on, easy to meet people and is a pretty good location in Toronto. Bar down stairs makes it easy to meet people. By far and away the BEST FREE breakfast at any hostel i have stayed at in North America! Like Wow!

Stayed there at the end of September. Staff (especially Jessica) was friendly. Common washrooms were very clean. My only disappointment was the trip to Niagara Falls. I asked specifically for the Moose Travel trip BUT I was given a different trip without being told. The trip was poorly organized: late pick up, overbooking which led to being put on a coach with elderly people which had a different trip-package and the leader didn't care much about us (we even missed the boat trip).

• 28th Sep 2014

The hostel was very central in Toronto, no transportation fees necessary! Loved the freshly coocked breakfast as well, overall staff was very helpfull and nice, I will stay here again if I go back to Toronto!

• 19th Sep 2014

Thank you! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay.

The place was great ! The staff was adorable, breakfast was good, and it was nice having social events at night. The hostel is not really cheap, but I felt it was worth its price.

Friendly staff and well managed hostel. Great breakfast included. Clip-on lights per bunk in my room but there were no outlets to plug them into. Mattresses were of minimal quality and uncomfortable. For such a large hostel the common area room was rather small but there is a bar/restaurant in the basement and a roof top patio which is nice.

Very nice and friendly people working there. Love breakfast style as well, just the waiting was a small problem for me.

Thank you for your feedback! Great things often take time! However, our guests can easily order a breakfast baggie to go that is not cooked, but at least gets them on their way should they be short on time or not keen on waiting. Safe travels!

It was a nice hostel. Free breakfast, good location, lockers available (small ones in room and then big ones in a separate room).

1 2 Next » last »