HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

there are very nice pub. And show was also nice.

lamp problem on both stays.

• 12th Mar 2014

Great hostel with amenities and room size, also a benefit to have cabinet space and coat hooks! A rarity. The staff are super helpful and the day & night entertainment will suit everyone's needs. Free walking tours and comedy nights!

Hostel was clean and quiet by 11pm. Special thanks to Travis for finding me a blanket to sleep when I when cold.

• 2nd Mar 2014

A great place to stay, well located (near the King station), clean, safe, with a delicious and even better food, a great staff

This hostel is great. Great location. Food is good. The beer was cold. The washrooms were clean. And the bed is a bed.

it was great

• 19th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

We had an amazing stay in Toronto and were impressed overall. Just a point for improvement, we were in a 6 bed dorm and to get from the door to our bunks was a obstacle course. The room was small and two of the women were talked to were living in the hostel for a month so there was just stuff every where. Although the room was reasonably clean it was also a cluttered mess which made us uncomfortable. Also do recommend places if you don't know where they are so give the wrong place on the map!

• 14th Feb 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay overall. We do accept long term guests in the winter time, and we completely understand the challenges that come with it. We do remind our monthly guests that being considerate to other people when sharing a room is the number 1 rule of hostels, whether you are staying for 1 or more nights. We wish you safe travels!

Very clean, good location, and the staff was really friendly. I really like the fact that breakfast is included. There need to be more seats on the main floor, though...maybe out by the computers/bikes? There really wasn't anywhere to sit...

I usually really like to stay in HI hostel but this one was really bad. The room and bathroom were dirty (hair on the bedside table which was... just above my pillow! Disgusting). The staff wasn't really nice and helpful. Loud music in the common areas even in the morning. Breakfast is not included and is expensive for an hostel ($7 for eggs, 2 toasts and coffee). Only good point : a bar inside the hostel, convenient to meet travellers.

Really nice hostel, The breakfast was excellent and has a friendly staffs.The entire hostel was very clean. Would definitely stay again.

Perfectly located, great organization (beds are assigned using a letter system, each one has a lamp and an outlet), stayed in an 8-bed bedroom with shower/toilet and separate sink. I got lucky and we were only 2 in the room so I don't know how it would have been otherwise. But I highly recommend it !

A good staying for a couple of days

Definitely I would come back !!!!

Dart board! Meal tickets! Fully equipped kitchen! Pool table (that needs new cues!) and Wifi (a little sketchy) all in all a GREAT hostel. Beds were firm, showers were good and staff were quite nice. Found there to be lots of Brazilian and Asian students there while we visited so there was a nice, optimistic ambiance.

At the first moment they were going to charge for a higher price against to what I had booked for, I had to show them the price that I booked

The staff were friendly and accomodating and the hostel was overall very clean with a few understandable exceptions such as the floor in the dorms. Excellent kitchen facilities, clean bathrooms and reliable, if slow, wifi. I would be happy to stay there again.

Winter is a tricky season, with all the snow and salt being dragged from outside, it is a big game of catch up for our housekeeping to keep all the areas nice and clean all day long. But we keep on going, with our awesome housekeeping staff available from 8am until midnight! Wow!

Check-in is only possible after 3 pm, I would have preferred if this had been mentioned somewhere on this site. The hostel itself was clean, the staff was very friendly and the kitchen is very well equipped so that I did not feel the need to buy food in the basement. If you want to lock in your luggage, make sure you bring your own lock. I did not like the fact that there was no WiFi in the room, but otherwise would recommend the place as an affordable, central accommodation in Toronto.

Thank you for the feedback. 3pm is the latest our rooms need to be ready for everybody. Our housekeeping staff gives us the status of the rooms as they are completed, so many of them actually are good to go before 3pm. If not, we are happy to give you access to all the facilities of the hostel including showers, free lockers (bring a lock!), kitchen, wifi all that good stuff. Really, is just the bed that might not be ready too early.

Great find, will definitely stay again. :)

• 17th Dec 2013

The place was clean. The food was great. Near everything in Toronto. You have to have a few drinks at the pub on bartender's choice night.