HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

It is in uptown, overall good. But washroom should be cleaned more.

Hello, and thank you for your feedback - we are not sure what you mean by "uptown". HI Toronto is located at 76 Church Street, which is walking distance to CN Tower, Union Station, Dundas Square, Eaton Centre, Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre, Toronto Island Ferry Terminal, Greyhound/Megabus bus station and many other points of attraction. It does not get more "downtown" than this :)))) Safe travels.

The hostel was more a place to sleep than commiserate. The basement bar was a cramped space. The downtown location was fantastic, and the staff were friendly.

Awesome hostel with the best hostel breakfast out there. Great day and night events I remember the first night was a beer pong tournament you don't get that anywhere else and with events like that it's very easy to meet people and it makes your stay that much more enjoyable. When I come back to Toronto I'll definitely come back here!

• 7th Sep 2015
  • morganmumford

it was really hard to sleep those three nights I've been there. There was a couple having sex in two nights in a roll, one guy snowling in five different tunes and the air conditioner wasn't working, it was hot as in hell.

Great location, very close to everything. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the free breakfast is the best ever! One of the best hostels I have stayed at, would love to go back.

• 2nd Sep 2015

Great Location, friendly staff and an awesome breakfast! I love how they have set it up, so you get to talk to a lot people!

Great hostel! Free breakfast in the morning is awesome, and there's not many hostels out there that provide full linen inc towels, hairdryers and even shower gel and shampoo in all rooms! Can't go wrong here! The cavern downstairs is also a great place to meet fellow travellers!

The breakfast was delicious!!!

Good hostel in a good location! They have a nice pub in the basement and amazing free breakfast! I can totally recommend it! We only disliked that the kitchen closed at 9pm.

Breakfast is very good.

I arrived very late but just make it to have breakfast there. It was very good, you have up to 4 choices which is rare in a hostel.

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel and would recommend it to anyone else visiting Toronto.

The breakfast was alright, the staff are quite friendly. However, there was a hiccup when I got assigned to a dorm without any empty beds due to an overstayer, this left me waiting for a new room assignment at 3am after my long-haul flight. Needless to say, I was annoyed and tired, and the staff did not provide any form of compensation or complimentary service to improve my experience. So that's what happened, take from it what you will...

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

We apologize the start of your stay wasnt ideal and that a room of your own the 1st night was not a suitable compensation,we aim to offer the best experience always.We wish it was brought up so we could've had a chance to address the issue further.We're pleased to see that,from the moment of check in,to the problem occurring,to the move to the new room,we were able to address the issue in around 20 minutes all together.We hope you will choose to come back for an improved experience.Safe travels.

Excellent stay and very friendly staff n i really enjoyed my stay and the best part is the cavern the bar.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • India

Why don't you Set up a small corner where traveller may trade or sell Tickets for busses, sightseeing or Public Transport which are still valid but no longer needed by the Person that bought it? Saw that in other hostels and like the idea. Backpacker Love to Save some bucks and help each other ;-)

• 8th Aug 2015

Hello! We have an announcement board on our lobby that guests use extensively to advertise ride shares, sale of tickets and other things like that! Thanks so much for the feedback and we hope to see you back soon. Cheers!

Best hostel breakfast I've ever had.. Which is included in the price. Bar and restaurant are very reasonably priced and have a great atmosphere. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay in this nice central location in downtown Toronto :)

• 4th Aug 2015

A friend and I stayed at HI Toronto last weekend in the 6 bed female dorm. Our train arrived before lunch but we were able to drop our bags and receive a guest key card to use kitchen and bathroom amenities before check-in at 3pm. Although our stay was for 1 night, this hostel had everything to make a lengthier stay very comfortable. When traveling back to Toronto, I won't hesitate to book with HI.

• 31st Jul 2015

Your staff is very young and green. I had a 10hr bus ride and it never occurred to the staff to inform me about the communal bathroom! Your staff should be aware that the city of Toronto is home to the largest Carnival in North America aka Carribana. I've stayed at green planet hostel 2 years ago, not only did they give me a tour of there facilities, they were able to give directions to any part of Toronto especially to Carribana! I prefer a well informed staff, and Hi-Toronto is a bit misguided

• 30th Jul 2015

Thanks for the feedback.We do have a high amount of new staff and we're really happy with them.We're now able to serve guests in 8 different languages - how fantastic is that?We're sure you understand there're challenges starting a new job - everyone must start somewhere!While we would love to be able to take our guests in a tour, we have 9 floors and a range of 80 to 110 guests checking in at any given day, numbers considerably larger than the ones carried by other hostels.Safe travels!

Nice place, fun activities

Had a really good time at HI Toronto. Met a lot of nice people in this place it's very conveniently located so close to every major attraction. Patio view is very nice but they won't let you sip a beer on the rooftop which kind of sucks specially with such a nice area. Breakfast was very good several choices to choose from only thing I found obnoxious was the coffee limitations a tiny cup of coffee isn't enough. Activities are well organized, loved it. The cavern is quite expensive for a hostel.

Thanks for the feedback.Strict Government Alcohol Laws don't allow us to open the patio for alcohol consumption - believe us, we'd love to see you guys taking in the sunshine refreshing yourselves with your favourite ale - but we can actually lose our license to operate if we don't comply!We offer unlimited coffee 24 hours per day in our lobby and guest kitchen area beside breakfast,so anybody wanting more of their caffeine kick, can help themselves with that at any time! =) Have a safe trip