HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Really nice staff and the Cavern where food and drinks was served was really funky.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Scotland

Most of the staff is very nice and friendly.Gave as lots of tipps. Rooms are small but it is a Hostel, so it was all right. We stayed in a 4 Bed-Dorm. If all 4 people would have had the big travelbag in the room it would have been full. But there is a sorage room for people that stay longer, so we had space.

This hostel has a basement kitchen/bar which holds events at night - the comedy night was excellent. The staff are lovely and friendly and its in a great spot in the middle of Toronto.

Awesome hostel!

• 17th May 2014

Really clean hostel with helpful staff. Seems to be lacking in atmosphere and like all HI's, feels overpriced for what you get. Wifi is not good in the rooms, but alright in common areas.

Hey there, and thank you for your comments. We have daily events in the city as well as nightly events at the bar to help our guests socialize. Our staff is ever so excited and happy to help people meet each other - but there is only so much we can do, right? Some folks enjoy keeping to themselves and we must respect that - but we will continue to put on great events and parties in our bar for those who are interested ;) We look forward to having you around again one day for more fun!

over priced hostel. the facilities are great but there is the charge of non members of 5$ per night iis ridiculous the breakfast is also NOT included except for dorm of 6 and less... first time i go to a hostel that does not included that. i guess it is to make the restaurant downstairs some more cash. at the end, you pay nearly 40$ for nothing next time i use couchsurfing in Toronto. i dont recommend the bathroom inside the dorm. the common one are way better.

Hello and thank you for your feedback. Fun fact: only about 25% of our beds do not include breakfast, while all the other 75% of beds (mostly made by the 6 and 4 bed shared rooms) do include breakfast on the rate. In Toronto, where costs in general are high, we have the biggest largest rooms not include breakfast so that the rates can be as low as $22 per night for our members, a great deal in a city like ours. Safe travels!

Great stay, fun city!

pretty good place for a bed, but a few problems. no social common area (besides the rubbish expensive bar in the basement, which gives the hostel a no outside alcohol policy which they obviously do not advertise), and because of this a nice 'hostel' vibe is pretty diminished. located in the financial district pretty far from Queen St or anywhere to go out which too

Thank you for commenting.Throughout the years,we heard our guests' comments and decided having a bar onsite was a popular demand so we ran with it - and it has proven to be a huge success!We have live bands most nights of the week and the atmosphere down there is just awesome.Having a pint in Toronto will quickly add up to a backpacker's budget, so we kept our prices conscious of that.A pint for $6 and shots for $3.50 are pretty hard to find - even Torontonians are hanging out with us now!

4 bed dorms a little tight but no major complaints. Friendly staff, plenty of events and free pool!

Not enough space in the locker to place my suitcases even though in total it was smaller or equivalent of an average backpack. Had to keep the bag with my clothes 2 floors below my room in the locker.

Hello there. Our building and rooms have very odd shapes, so in order to maximize space for our guests, all our suitcase/large backpack size lockers are indeed located outside of the bedrooms, while lockers for smaller belongings can be found inside the room. We wish you safe travels.

I did not like my roommates arriving at 12.00 am and spending 2 hours in front of the mirror and being loud. Maybe it is an idea for late arrivals to get a separte room from the others.

• 22nd Apr 2014

I only had two bad experiences with this Hostel. Staff was not really good at it, a little lack of profissinalism. Secondly, I experienced two different rooms in the hostel and the both toilets had problems.

hello! we are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. our staff is one of the best in the business, as many comments online will reflect, so we assure you this was an isolated incident. we hope you do choose to come back in the near future, and we promise not to disappoint you! safe travels.

Beds were good. The downstairs bar can be a bit loud and you can hear it in the room till 2am.

Matress unconfortable, need to be changed, too old. Doors are not closing smootly so can't sleep well even with earplugs or ipod.

Hello there, and thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to see we were able to relocate you to another room, with a little bit of an upgrade for your troubles. The most economical shared rooms are the ones with the most people in it, so we understand ins and outs during the night can be frequent. However, we will take your pointers and improve on the overall quality of the room you mentioned. Safe travels!

Really good hostel and enjoyed the stay. Was great to have the onsite bar and served cheap and delicious meals. Great facilities in the kitchen and really loved the shared condiments, leftover food section as it really helps to have these to create a better meal. I only rated the security down a little as I had some food stolen from my bag in the fridge - but this can happen at most hostels.

The people at the front desk were really nice! My friend and I took a bus to Toronto over night. We were really happy to be told that even though our rooms were not ready and would not be ready before 3PM we could still use the facilities and wash up. The room was clean and the place well secured (you can also rent a lock for 3$) I would go back any time! Thank you for the good stay! :)

Nice hostel, with good facilities and really nice staff. They also offer great deals for HI-members and also non-members for Sightseeing-tours.

I had so much fun here! Hostels International is always great and this was no exception. Made friends, had fun and I was just looking for a place to sleep. Oh and the location is perfect! Keep it up!

• 22nd Mar 2014

everything was great!

there are very nice pub. And show was also nice.