HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

I stayed at this hostel for 3 nights, it was a really bad experience. First of all when i arrived they asked me for more money than i was expected to give them, because they said it was like some taxes and some services from the site hostelworld.com to be added. The i had the room, t was a 12 bedded room very cold and they gave me just a poor blankett for the night. The hesting was very noisy and very low. THe cleanliness poor and i never saw someone cleaning the room.

• 7th Dec 2013

Thank you for the feedback We wish you had brought up your concerns during the 3 days you were here,so that we could have easily provided you with extra blankets or even moved you to a different room.Our housekeeping team enters rooms anytime between 11am until 6pm every day, so perhaps you were out for the day when they came to yours? We hope you choose to come back in the near future,we promise you won't be disappointed. Safe travels!

A genuinely good experience. Easy going atmosphere. Younger crowd. They have a cafe and bar in the basement which was very convenient. Lots of games and even a stage for performances and open mics. Their kitchen was easy to access and their bathrooms were very clean and accommodating. The staff was very friendly and the rooms where well kept as well. Free linen and they have loads of free tours and advice. Would highly recommend!

Beside all the little discomforts, we are getting tired being f****d by HI. Their invoice is always very less expensive that what you will actually PAY. This organization is not ashamed to write and highlight prices that you won't pay because you are not a member of HI. Very disapointing, again.

• 1st Dec 2013

Thank you for the feedback.We're sorry you feel this way.HI's a member network of over 4000 hostels,therefore its pricing will always be considering guests members.This is the first thing noted on the description on this website,as well as in "things to note" and on the booking details - all steps before you are required to put your credit card and confirm the booking.For folks traveling to more than one HI, it definitely pays off being a member, at least 10% off!

Really good, one of the best hostel i've visited!

Simply great: great staff, great location, great pub downstairs!

• 20th Nov 2013

Very clean, pleasant hostel. The staff were super friendly, which was fantastic. I really appreciated the large lockers in the reception area to leave bags in even after checkout. The only areas I think could improve would be: 1) larger lockers within the rooms, 2) my bed had a pretty big dent in the mattress but otherwise would have been quite comfy, and 3) more electrical outlets in the rooms. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay and would recommend it to others.

This hostel is a little lacking for the price you pay especially when not a HI member... It was just average and nothing really special. It had everything that you need; clean bed and bathrooms, a socialising area downstairs, and a bar/cafe on the ground floor with cheap eats though it lacked the same sort of atmosphere elsewhere. I will say that I was there in the quieter winter season which may have contributed. Also for the price of the hostel I would have expected the Wifi to work in my room

Staff were really nice. Place was clean, my mattress needed replacing.

I loved the HI hostel! I stood before in the planet traveller and even if i considered it a nice hostel I cant compare with the HI hostel! Great location in the heart of downtown, a great bar and billiard table, nice rooms with big space and nice washrooms! The staff make daily activities and schedule nice tours for you!

This hostel is in a great location and the meals served out of the bar downstairs are amazing! I thought the hostel lacked some atmosphere and WiFi was very shaky.

Nice place, nice people, it was absolutely as expected. And the bar / restaurant in the basement is very good!

• 24th Oct 2013

Very comfortable.

Normal hostel not so great, but i enjoy the sighseeing bus tour. Tour

I stayed here for just under a month, it's a lovely place with very friendly staff, recommending them to any friends that come to visit the city!

• 15th Oct 2013

Great that even once you have checked out you can leave your bags there

The kindness of the staf and the easy going athmosphere in general.

• 9th Oct 2013

I emailed to see if they could arrange a lower bunk bed for me as I hurt my knee and they got back to me really quickly said it wasn't a problem, and there weren't any 6 bed rooms left and upgraded me to be able to do this which was really good of them. Arriving on a Monday night seemed to be a bit of bad luck, although there were many people there the atmosphere wasn't as good as previous hostels but the organised activities were good and staff helped me organise a trip to niagra falls.

• 7th Oct 2013

I really liked HI-Toronto. The hostel is comfortable, clean and makes very easy to know new people. Location in perfect, less than 10 min walking from Eaton Center and Old Town. The staff is really nice and helpful. The shared bathrooms have liquid soap, shampoo and hair conditioner (good if you forgot or want to pack lightly). If you are staying 4+ days and intend to make some tours (like Niagara) you should definitively get a member card for HI (great discounts).

• 7th Oct 2013

Only stayed here 1 night from Chicago to Montreal. My experience was pleasant.

Really great Hostel for not too much money. Staff were really helpful. If I had to come again I would definatly come back to this hostel