HI-Toronto Reviews

76 Church St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Unfortunately there is strong music in all comun areas so it´s not so nice when you want to skype or be relax with your computer. The reste is perfect !

By far the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff were so friendly and helpful, and the layout is great - there is a pub/restaurant/kitchen downstairs that has trivia, game and pub crawl nights. Guaranteed to make new friends and have an awesome time! Facilities were very clean, beds comfy. Great place, will definitely be back again.

Didn't have to pay to use luggage storage whilst waiting to check-in. Brilliant!!!

Free-to-use PCs would be nice; breakfast was very good!!; well located, it is easy to explore the city by walking (never used public transport), many important sights are within a 15-20min walk

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • Austria

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback. You must have missed the signs on the computer saying we do provide free usage. Only large amounts of time (1h +) are charged. We are happy to give out 15 minutes codes for folks wanting to check their e-mails and stay connected on social media! Safe travels!

An incredible hostel located in the center of Toronto; very clean and some lovely staff willing to help you in any way they can!!

I did not get any towels, there was no soap, shampoo, or conditioner in the bathroom dispensers. I was in a hurry every morning and at night it was late, so I did not bother asking, just used what I had at hand. I stayed for 3-4 nights, during this time it was obvious no cleaning staff checked the room because these supplies were not refilled. It took the kitchen staff 40 minutes to make the dinner sandwich. Other than that, I like HI and will stay again. Thank you.

• 21st Aug 2013

Insgesamt super gut! V.a. das Essen, da man wählen kann zwischen Frühstück, Lunch und Dinner und echt gute Auswahl für ein Hostel und auch lecker :-). Einziges Manko: Das Waschbecken ist im Zimmer, was nicht so praktisch ist wenn manche früh aufstehen und dann im Schlafzimmer "Krach" machen müssen.

Nice hostel, but be awere of "free" updates!! I booked a night in a 10 bed dorms and because they were over booked I got a "free" update the a four bed dorm. Only took away the 9 dollar meal voucher you are suposed to get every day...

Awesome stay, but the music was a little loud in the lounge.

• 17th Aug 2013

8 female dorm was like a hallway. No space to leave your lugagge, there was not even 1m between the beds and the wall. Bathroom in the room didnt seem to get cleaned every day. Didnt hace enough plugs, u had to unplug your bed-light to charge your phone. Wifi doesnt reach the dorm. You cannot even compare it to HI hostels in europe. I wouldnt recomend it.

Hello there, thank you for your feedback. We do face challenges on the way the building and its electrical system are configured, and we are trying our best to make changes, but as you can imagine, these are difficult and bigger projects that are challenging to overcome in a short period of time. But do come back in the near future to check out many more changes and improvements!

I loved staying at HI Toronto. It was clean, the people were so lovely and friendly and they helped me out of a really sticky situation when I tried to stay at another hostel in Toronto. This is the best hostel in Toronto by far. I've been to the others, trust me. They even played music from NZ which was awesome to hear! I'll be staying there again if I'm ever in Toronto. The food is also amazing, healthy and well priced!

• 16th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

The staff were great about explaining how to get around and they organized activities each day. It was great to be able to check in my bags before getting my room and then to be able to leave them after I'd checked out at 11AM the following day. That's a big deal in Toronto as there are only luggage lockers at the bus depot.

• 16th Aug 2013

Very good atmosphere, with group games to so you can meet new people. the staffs were very kind and there are a lot of tour packeges that you can buy in the hostel.

This has been my first time I stayed at HI and I can only say good things about my stay. The staff was really helpful and very friendly. Thanks HI and keep up the good work.

• 13th Aug 2013

Most things were very good BUT if you say breakfast starts at 7.30am then it should do so, not at about 7.50 with a lot of frustrated guests sitting around waiting. Either say breakfast starts at 7.45 or get your act together more quickly!

• 6th Aug 2013
  • Wales

Hello there, thanks for the feedback. You'd be happy to know that we have made menu changes so that we can try and minimize any delays. We understand the challenges they have putting out so many meals with such small space to work with, so hopefully this will help speeding up the process. Safe travels

Fell in love with the place I stayed here four nights here and met lovely girls who stayed in the same room as me. The staff on the desk were absolutely wonderful. The staff in the bar were interesting...don't order nachos! My friends food looked yummy but the nachos I got were rubbish! But the bar is a very cool place to hang out congrats on the awesome decor.

Good place to stay in the centre of Toronto. Well run with helpful staff, chilled out atmosphere. Nice bar and all facilities you need.

This was a very good hotel. We were four and we got out own room with bathroom. Only two negative points: 1) some hair and sand on the mattresses and in the linens 2) the wait time for food in the morning or at any our is unbelievably long!!! I would prefer thousands time to have the "typical" table breakfast rather than be forced into a cooked one.

Thank you for your feedback. You will be happy to know that we have had menu changes in our Bar and Bistro in order to try and minimize the wait time. We also serve food from 7:30am until 10pm, so there is always food available at any time in case you are in a rush in the morning :) Cheers

All the staff was very nice and always willing to help.

Friendly Staff, great bar downstairs. Cleaning could have been a little better, but nothing to lose sleep over. Great value for our money, close to pretty much everything. Washroom facilities could use soap, shampoo, body wash etc so we don't have to bring or buy our own... All in all... Great stay... No complaints!

• 19th Jul 2013