HI -Truro Reviews

North Pamet Rd, Truro, MA 02666, Truro, USA

This is the first time staying at a hostel, and my wife and I were pleasantly surprised. The staff was great, the atmosphere was relaxing and inviting and the sleeping accommodations very comfortable.

• 26th Aug 2013

The location can't be beat as you have the National seashore right at your doorstep ,great bicycling close by, and you have crystal clear spring feed ponds to wash off the days sweat and salt away.The guests and staff are always welcoming and friendly.

• 22nd Aug 2013

Great location and friendly staff made my time very enjoyable. Easier access to top bunk beds with a slanted (rather than vertical) ladder would be a big improvement.

• 11th Aug 2013

To make it perfect should be renting bikes and or find/offers ways to get to major points at nights and or organise activities

• 8th Aug 2013

It was great! The only thing I would recomend is to improve the shower, but it's not a big problem!

I stayed there for the second time and, as the first time, I just loved it!! The location is absolutely fabulous, right by the sea in a lovely place! And the atmosphere in the hostel is wonderful, extremely friendly and nice. The co-ed dormitory, where we stayed, was not the best place to get good sleep, as it sleeps 14 and, as such dormitories are, tends to be a bit noisy, although everything is done to keep the noise at a minimum level. But overall, it is a unique place to stay!

The staff at the Truro location was beyond kind and helpful. But beyond that I was very disappointed in the facilities. The building is ill kept. The showers are tiny and there are only two to accommodate 20 women. The furniture looks like it was all retrieved from Goodwill. Very old

• 28th Jul 2013

Perfect location. Very friendly staff. Clean room.

• 20th Jul 2013

Loved the location and the staff. Breakfast was spectacular. Not sure why alcohol wasn't allowed. I had a beer and a bottle of champagne anyway- no one cared. I'm 26 and was hoping for a younger crowd. Saw a few young families and older people who were birding, biking, hiking. The hostel is tucked between a hill and the ocean and is surrounded by forest and the (protected land) Cape Cod National Seashore. I felt like I was truly getting away from the city (I came from Portland, ME. GO!

• 12th Jul 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this unique property.

• 9th Jul 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 night stay at the Truro International Hostel . I hesitate to be too positive since it is a well kept secret and for the sakeof availability I'd like to keep it that way. Having said that, I admit it was a unique exsperience. Having to sleep 2 nights on the top bunk (at 65 yrs of age) was a small price to pay for great hospitality, free parking, a relatively private beach, breakfast in the morning and fresh baked cookies before bed. Jeff was accomodating and helpful.

• 8th Jul 2013

First time at a hostel and I really liked it. Great location for the beach. Loved the homemade granola and that my coffee was made and good. Really liked meeting all the people there. Thought I would even like to work there in retirement until the squeaky wheel Rachel showed-up. The staff was very accommodating to her. I would have just made her stay with her reservations and go with the 1st come 1st choice of beds. What she really wanted was to get a bottom bunk in one of the private rooms.

• 1st Jul 2013