HI-Vancouver Central Reviews

1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Centrally located and great breakfast!

it was clean, felt very safe, the staff were really helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Vancouver!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Great. Good location, very helpful staff. More pricey than others but a good base and will look after bag for free if you go away for a night...

Though it's in an older building, the hostel is well-maintained and it was quite clean. There was a bit of a wait for the washrooms in the morning, but not more than five minutes. It was very quiet at night. I didn't utilize any of the common spaces, but there were a couple of lounge areas with books and TVs. The free breakfast was great! Also very central and an easy walk to the SkyTrain and restaurants. I'd stay here again.

Great hostel. Very nice and helpful staff, quite comfortable beds, good breakfast and great position.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, even in the middle of the night! And I really liked my bed, it was comfortable and cozy and I had a lot of room to store my huge suitcase beside it. The rooms were very clean but I was a bit disappointed of the bathrooms. They didn't satisfy my standards of cleanliness. Even after the cleaning crew went through there were still wet towels lying on the floor, hair in the sink and no toilet paper available...

Private bathrooms are a huge plus. Lockers are much larger than expected (easily fits a large duffle bag and a backpack). Clean, comfortable beds. My only complaint was that my room smelled like a poorly cleaned men's locker room concentrated into a smaller space. I suspect that was due to one of the other guests, so not the hostel's fault. I have no idea how to discuss with a fellow hostel dweller and stranger that their B.O. is really, REALLY bad.

The hostel was very conveniently located to almost everything. It is only a 20 minute walk to Coal Harbor or Steamwork Brewery. The Internet was fast, the air con was cold, bathrooms clean, and the staff was attentive

It was wonderful!! It would have been nice to have more events meet at the hostel rather than the downtown and Jericho hostels.

• 5th Aug 2015

Hostel has an awesome breakfast, lots of facilities though it could do with a bigger common room. The Samesun across the road is definitely a better social hostel, though.

Hostel staff with purple hair is so kind. I asked her how to get to North Vancouver by bus, then she explained me really specifically for around 20mins. But the facility is not really good condition and whenever i tried to have breakfast there, i couldn't get the space to eat so i just gave up though. And It's located at Granvile st, there's many homelesses so little bit felt scared when i went out at night. During day time is fine.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

This hostel is in a great location, right on Granville street which is the entertainment district! The shops are a five minute walk and the beach is only a 15 minute walk away! The rooms were clean and comfortable and the washrooms were suprisingly lovely! There wasn't a great atmosphere here and found it hard to meet new people. The kitchen also did not have any cookers so you couldn't make your own meals easily!

Really one of the best places in Vancouver!

Stayed in the four bedroom female form, was very small and cramped. Wifi wasn't too bad. Had a nice TV room and good breakfast! Location couldn't be any better! Friendly staff! Lockers to put stuff in, bring your own locks!

• 24th Jul 2015

Nice place to stay in downtown Vancouver. Full of backpackers, but it's still pleasant even if you don't fit into the backpacker scene. I marked it down for value for money because I find $100 a night a lot for a room in a youth hostel, even if it has ensuite. I know it's a lot cheaper than hotels nearby, but that's just my opinion. I got cheaper hotels in places like Tokyo and Kyoto, which are not exactly cheap places either.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Very quiet!

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The employees of the hostel are chill and helpful. Two employees went above and beyond to help me. I was still checked in when I arrived at 3 am due to a delayed flight. Another employee helped me get my dead ass moving and got me a cab for my ridiculously early morning departure flight. The rooms, facilities and common areas were clean. It wasn't crazy 24-hour party time like in some other hostels I've stayed at; relaxed atmosphere. If I were in the area, I would stay here again.

• 16th Jul 2015

Good breakfast and friendly staff.

Good hostel but Needs faster internet

• 12th Jul 2015

Had a great stay, this hostel runs lots of social activies (many free) which are great for meeting new people and getting to know your way around. Nice and secure with lockers in the rooms. Great free breakfast! Wifi wasn't amazing- and kept dropping out in the bedroom, But worked great in the kitchen and other common areas.

• 7th Jul 2015