HI-Vancouver Central Reviews

1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Yep good p0lace to stay good location.

Great place! Staff were rude and seemed very uninterested in helping us. When we checked in, the chick slammed down our keys and motioned for us to move along. If I stay in a place for $30 a night, staff should be paid enough to at least greet guests with a smile. Otherwise, good hostel.

Had a great time here. I think the place could be due for minor renovations like better washers and dryers, and the hallways had a peculiar smell, but the staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall everyone seemed happy to be there. Next time I'm back in Vancity I'll probably stay here again!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • RowdyVega

The dining room is small.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Had a great stay. Good room, quiet with comfy bed. Great location with good breakfast included. Only complaint was that the price quoted in Hostel world was for HI members only, which I didn't realise (being a nonmember ) so had to pay more than I expected.

Those Capet in the room need to go . And some of the sofa in the communal room are also bad !

Pretty good hostel, the breakfast especially is really the best i had from all the hostels i visited in Canada (and i went to a bunch of them), the private rooms include a cabinet with water easily accessible, overall the place is pretty clean, worth it !

It would be even better if the breakfast area was bigger, as there's lots of people coming down for breakfast in the 4-5 levels building , 6 tables certainly wasn't enough , wifi could be stronger as it varies with the "position" in your room, the place was clean , right in the center of downtown Vancouver , 3 blocks down meant 15 minutes of walk with your luggage , normally it takes about 10mins after alighting from train to reach hostel, awesome helpful staff, I will be back :)

The accommodation was great and the staff very helpful. We had a private room with unsuite which was great. The location was Ok but the area was quite shabby with quite a few homeless people and dirty streets but we felt safe. I would recommend this accommodation to friends and family.

Good location downtown, if you want a relaxed hostel stay here, if you want to party stay directly across the road at the Samesun. The free breakfast was a goodone.

The hostel was okay. The description on Hostelworld for this location does include information saying there is a 10% surcharge for non-members, but it's not until you hit the "more" option, so it's extremely misleading. And surprising when you show up and the cost is 10% higher.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Armenia

Though my car was broken into while it was parked in their parking lot, the staff was very nice and supportive and were very sincere in helping me through the situation. Besides that negative encounter, every other aspect of the hostel was lovely and outdid my expectations.

It's my first time staying at a hostel and it was a great experience. The bedding is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful.The location is super, you could walk to so many places. I stayed there on Monday evening, it was quite.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • China

Clean, fun, great location!

This is an ok hostel. It's clearly a bit run down, doesn't have proper kitchen facilities and is located right on Granville. This location is perfect if your mainly interested in nights out, but doing stuff during the day it is a bit of a trek to get anywhere. It's not a bad hostel though, and I'll stay again if Downtown is full

Stupidly clean! Bathrooms were always immaculate and they're individual not communal. Not much of a social life hostel, more of students attending conventions and short termers passing through. But overall a decent place!

A decent central location and not far from the skytrain and Granville island. The first night I spent here wasn’t great, the room was so hot and felt like a sauna and the pillows were rock hard. I returned a couple of days later to spend another night and I had a much better stay. The room was very clean, comfortable, large secure lockers and breakfast had a decent variety of cereal, toast, muffins and drinks. Staff are excellent and very friendly, especially Tera who was very helpful.

unexpected charges

nothing special but friendly staff,great location.

• 21st May 2014
  • Japan

Amazing location! Great staff. Great vibe. The only down fall is the grungy-ness of the common areas. The couches and carpeting in the lounge area are disgusting!!!! I didn't want to sit on them. This had the benefit of forcing me to spend every moment outside it this beautiful city because there was no way I was spending any time in the lounge areas. The carpets were so nasty it made the whole hostel smells. PLEASE buy new couches for the lounge and steam clean the carpets!!! Thanks :)