HI-Vancouver Central Reviews

1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Stayed in the four bedroom female form, was very small and cramped. Wifi wasn't too bad. Had a nice TV room and good breakfast! Location couldn't be any better! Friendly staff! Lockers to put stuff in, bring your own locks!

• 24th Jul 2015

Very quiet!

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The employees of the hostel are chill and helpful. Two employees went above and beyond to help me. I was still checked in when I arrived at 3 am due to a delayed flight. Another employee helped me get my dead ass moving and got me a cab for my ridiculously early morning departure flight. The rooms, facilities and common areas were clean. It wasn't crazy 24-hour party time like in some other hostels I've stayed at; relaxed atmosphere. If I were in the area, I would stay here again.

• 16th Jul 2015

Good breakfast and friendly staff.

Good hostel but Needs faster internet

• 12th Jul 2015

Had a great stay, this hostel runs lots of social activies (many free) which are great for meeting new people and getting to know your way around. Nice and secure with lockers in the rooms. Great free breakfast! Wifi wasn't amazing- and kept dropping out in the bedroom, But worked great in the kitchen and other common areas.

• 7th Jul 2015

Great activities, especially Erik's tour! The beds were very comfy and the free breakfast was good!

• 6th Jul 2015

Great location for bars and gay village. Some dorms have showers others but the showers off the were free

We like the individual shared bathrooms.

I had a wonderful time at HI Vancouver Central. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms, facilities, and lounge were clean and comfortable. The location is excellent. I felt safe personally and with my belongings. The storage lockers were bigger than I expected. I would certainly stay here again.

• 19th Jun 2015

A pleasant stay & we would stay again, but we are horrified at Vancouver's drug & street problems WoW

Great Stay. Private room and Bathroom where clean, quite, and a good size. Great location. Will be coming back

• 16th Jun 2015

Great/Central Location in downtown Vancouver. The hostel was clean and all the staff were friendly/helpfully with any questions we had. Wifi was a bit slow in some places of the hostel, but over all worked efficiently in the common areas.

• 15th Jun 2015

I ate a rotten apple for breakfast and was not able to take clean shower. But the biggest problem was I was not able to use WIFI in my room!

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. We have fresh fruit delivered regularly, but I will be speaking with our breakfast staff to ensure this doesn't happen again. In addition, I will be following-up with our housekeepers: all of our guests should be able to take a clean shower. I'm also sorry to hear that our Wi-Fi didn't work for you - we are working diligently to improve it. Thank you again for your comment, and all the best on your travels!

Wifi is terrible and when you have a room next to a washroom (for example room #222) it's incredibly loud

good facilities, I would like plugs and lights by each bed

• 2nd Jun 2015

The location is ok, it's close to just about everything but the immediate surroundings of the hostel were a bit dirty with a few homeless. Our private room was ok, nothing special but clean enough and the bed was comfortable. Not the warmest staff ever either but as a relatively cheap place to stay you get what you pay for overall. Good brekky!

Pretty average hostel. The thing I didn't like was the kitchen, which considering there's nowhere to anything is more of an eating area.

• 25th May 2015

Rented a private double--very very clean, pretty quiet, really excellent location. Overall a great value with nice staff and the free breakfast was nice too. The wifi, however, is atrocious. It only works in parts of the lobby and parts of the common area. This is the only negative, but it's a huge negative. If the wifi were better, this place would be the bomb!

• 22nd May 2015

May improve by providing luggage storage service and mail dilivery

Thank you for your review, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I just wanted to clarify that we do provide complimentary day storage for our guests' luggage, as well as long term storage for a small fee. We are also happy to receive and hold on to letters on behalf of our guests. Thanks again for your comment! Kind regards, Ruben, Assistant Manager