HI-Vancouver Central Reviews

1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

I love that it's in the middle of everything!!

• 21st Nov 2014

My private room was clean and had an ensuite bathroom. The breakfast was good (bagel, toast, muffins, cereals, fruits, coffee, etc.). The location was ideal. Nice communal areas. I think it's the best hostel I have ever been to!

It was nice, just as younger person I would have like it more if a bar was on site. Also maybe a table tennis table or pool table

• 31st Oct 2014

Our room had a lovely veiw over downtown and the hostel in general was in the best location we could have hoped for. The only two drawbacks weren't a big deal at all. The internet and the elevator were just a little painfully slow. The elevator wouldn't have been an issue at all if there were stairs to the fourth floor and the internet wasn't too much of a problem, because there are cafes with WiFi everywhere. The staff was always knowledgeable and helpful and everything was very clean. Thanks!

• 30th Oct 2014

Not even a stove to cook on! From one of the best hostel chains in the world, this is a pretty poor show. The staff didn't seem to care that I wanted to check in, even though I just dragged in a really heavy bag out of the rain. And they didn't really care that I wasn't able to cook my dinner. I've seen bad, dodgy hostels with better facilities and staff attitudes.

If you want good night sleep HI's pretty good but if you want a fun atmosphere try the samesun across the road.

A great place to stay. The free breakfast is amazing. The wifi is not great but it's free so can't really complain. Free luggage hold too. The facilities are great. Bad directions to the hostel though (which way is south? Just turn right on Granville street). Most staff were really helpful but one seemed like it was too much effort to tell me which bus to catch. All in all a great place to stay and I will be back after the ski season.

I had a very comfortable stay at HI. The doona smelled terrible, but the room was clean, had massive lockers and there was a sink which was convenient. A free breakfast was offered daily until 10am and included cereals, bagels, toast and muffins plus juice, tea or coffee. It's only a couple of blocks from the metro station and a short walk to the ferry or Stanley park. If you want equal, if not better amenities plus a social atmosphere, however, stay across the road at Samesun.

Carpets need to be changed.

This was my first experience staying in a hostel. The staff was amazingly helpful. I recommend this hostel due to it's location and the staff. What a great place, the staff made you feel right at home.

• 16th Oct 2014

Great place, awesome staff and really great location. Only bad thing to say is that sometimes there's a weird smell in the common areas, the wifi doesn't work in rooms and there's no stove in the kitchen. Otherwise overall the stay was great!

• 14th Oct 2014

CANADA IS AMAZING

• 3rd Oct 2014

I checked in around 9pm and found that my roommate was sleeping at that time. Only one main light in the room and no small bulb. Therefore, it was hard see anything without turning on the light which made my roommate unhappy. Besides, the room is small which makes it hard for more than 2 people to open their luggage

I checked in around 9pm and found that my roommate was sleeping at that time. Only one main light in the room and no small bulb. Therefore, it was hard see anything without turning on the light which made my roommate unhappy. Besides, The room is small which makes it hard for more than 2 people to open luggage

best hostel in downtown but a little expensive in the last day in vancouver i can got a same price in the hotel downtown area

Anything is good. But the WiFi in the room doesn't work. It's a little inconvenient for the people need internet.

My stay was really good, meet great people and had a lot of fun! The room was clean and nice, there were lockers. The bathroom was also nice and clean!

• 19th Sep 2014

Nice hostel, really good breakfast! The common areas could be improved a bit, and the WiFi really needs improving - the signal and speed aren't great.

The whole building smells really bad.

Smells bad