HI-Vancouver Central Reviews

1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

May improve by providing luggage storage service and mail dilivery

• 21st May 2015
  • China

Friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast!

• 20th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Very clean and well maintained hostel. Nice staff. However, not very communal vibe, so maybe only good to stay for a few days.

Another great stay at a perfectly located place. I'll be coming back again!!

It ;s ok ,

• 6th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

My original room was on the fourth floor, but I moved to another floor as the whole floor was being recarpetted and stank of new carpet chemicals. My tthroat began to mildly burn and I felt very uncomfortable. Turns out that this smell can contain chemicals that are terrible to humans. Thankfully staff was helpful and switched my room, but this room had teen partiers that don't care about being noisy. This was great because I ran the Vancouver marathon on 3hr sleep.

• 2nd May 2015

HI Vancouver Central was aptly located to anything you wished to see and do around central/downtown Vancouver. The facilities were clean and someone came to clean the bathrooms daily. Internet was a bit spotty at times and electric outlets in the shared rooms were limited. Staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. I would visit there again.

Second time staying here, extended my stay for longer. Free breakfast is great. Not a very communal vibe (if you want that probably stay across the road). Bathrooms are always clean. (Pro tip: when the bathrooms are full in the morning and you just need the toilet there are two at the far end of each hall). Street noise is pretty loud on weekends if you have a room at the front. But a very safe and secure place to stay. It's worth the few extra dollars for the breakfast.

I didn't expect people to be so orderly. The kitchen and dining area are clean; the bathrooms, too. Staff and guests are nice. There were plenty of choices for the free breakfast.

• 4th Apr 2015

good hostel with very good situation, both for shopping and nightlife

Staying in Hostels are an incurable way to meet and interact with people from over the entire world. I enjoy the more casual atmosphere and if ti comes to a $300 5* then I will always prefer a hostel. I am used to staying in basic accommodations in 3rd World Countries enjoying learning about the people and not who founded a chain of hotes

• 26th Mar 2015

Definitely need to wear shoes in those showers, even they stick to the floor! Other than that and the fact that some toilet paper holders are rather inconveniently located almost out of arms reach, I was happy with my stay and the staff of this hostel.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Hostelworld rates on arrival don't include local taxes. If staying couples of nights then room doesn't necessarily get cleaned overnight.

Our room was pretty depressing, with fairly uncomfortable beds but it's cheap and it's central so it did the job for exactly what we needed it for. The staff were friendly and there are plenty of events running which is always good. The room just felt a bit tired so I wouldn't have stayed more than a couple of nights.

It's good for new comers like I am. The staff are so friendly and kind, and rooms are so clean. I saw a hoise keeper cleans each room everyday. And breakfast is free in every morning 8 to 10am. Fresh orange juice and bagles are my favorite here. Free wifi which is no problem with connecting and speed. I don's what's gonna happened in peak season, but it's so nice to stay few days in winter season. However, I couldn't find a gas stove to cook by myself.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Japan

this hostel is located on granville street in a weird part of Vancouver. I did not check the location before my reservation and I did regret that. We hade a private room and it was a good room (private bathroom and tv) for the price. But we came with our car and the staff did not really know where we can park and how much it could cost... we had to pay en extra 20$ to park in another hotel park... Plus there was some strange smells on our floor.

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately, as you mentioned, we do not have on-site parking. I'm very sorry that our staff were not able to provide you with good information about parking options. All our staff should be aware of the most convenient/cheapest available parking, but it's comments like yours that let us know we still have room to improve! As you said, most of the nearest parking will cost at least $20 for an overnight spot. Sincerely, Ruben, Assistant Manager

good internet and good breakfast. Everything was clean. Very quite hostel.

Great location and helpful receptionists, but let down by dirty bedroom and bathroom, also in need of some redecoration.

Great free breakfast, new showers

Great location, definitely safe. There were definitely some pungent smells going on in this hostel. I stayed in a private room the first night and a shared dorm the second night. Although the private smelled funkier and appeared dirtier, I slept quite peacefully and the private shower was very clean. However in the shared dorm I woke up multiple times through the night violently itching myself, which makes me think they potentially have bed bugs.