8.1
Fabulous 1,838 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 1,838 Total Reviews
HI-Vancouver Central Located at 1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver.
Canada
Vancouver BC 1025 Granville Street, Vancouver
81% 1838
49.2789766 -123.1237363
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
16th Sep 2016
7.7

Great location. Heaps of bathrooms all over the place, nice bathrooms too. Decent breakfast selection also

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th Sep 2016
7.7

Great location for exploring downtown Vancouver. Cleanliness could be better, but the hostel's group trips are clutch.

• Australia, Couple, 31-40
5th Sep 2016
3.1

This was the most revolting place i have ever stayed in. I can't even begin to describe how unsanitary it was. The hallways smell like vomit, the bathrooms are covered in black mould, our room was filthy and there was dry blood on the bed frame. DO NOT STAY HERE. I have no idea why it has even semi reasonable reviews.

• England, Female, 31-40
31st Aug 2016
8.0

People friendly and helpful and managed to swap me to a lower bunk when I told them I didn't think I could handle another top one. Locker in room. Breakfast nice, cereal, toast, muffin & coffee. Not really clean but not gross either. Room was tiny and you couldn't wheel your suitcase between bunks they were that close together but the nice people made up for that. Well located though direct surrounding area run down. Felt safe enough. Cheap places to eat nearby.

• England, Male, 18-24
21st Aug 2016
6.0

It was in good location. Nice chill out areas. I arrived late at night to find my bed not made and peoples stuff all over it and there was a strong smell of urine for some reason. If you're looking for low level budget accomodation in a good vibrant location this is it.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2016
4.6

Good location & pretty good breakfast for a hostel. There was absolutely no atmosphere in this hostel & rooms are in serious need or a reno! The all the rooms & bathrooms were very old and small. There's not really any common room to hang out in apart from their extremely small tv room which can fit a max of about 10 people. And after all thier bs fees on top of the room rate it would be more worth it to stay across the street at Samesun Hostel.

• backpackonista
  • USA, Female, 18-24
18th Aug 2016
8.0

Good hostel, I chose to stay here my last night in Vancouver just to try it out (I had stayed across at Samesun which was LIT and way more fun!) I got to the HI and the place looked bland, when I got to my room it looked like they literally just balled up sheets and left it on the bed which I then figured out they didn't even change the bedding because I found another girls hair in the bed and dirt on the sheets. The only clean thing they gave me was a sheet. The free breakfast was good.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Aug 2016

Great hostel, kept clean and secure. 24hr access. In the party district but felt safe and not noisy. Would stay again!

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Aug 2016
7.7

Location was the main reason for my stay here - only a 5 min walk from the train to/from the airport. Plus there are lots of shops and things to do near by. Some rooms are bigger than others (the first 4 bed I was in was very cramped yet on my second visit there was much more room) The bathrooms could have been cleaned more often and it would have been nice to have separate womens and men's bathrooms, apart from that it did the job :)

13th Aug 2016
7.7

I stayed in a 2 bed dorm and it was reasonably good. I think the hostel is a bit run down in definite need of some renovations. The bed was comfortable, their no noise policy was great. Was able to sleep at decent hours also had a good dorm mate that was on the same schedule. Worked out perfectly. Location is good but you have to get past some of the junkies and homeless that are around. Also we only had two outlets in the whole room. It was very difficult to charge electronic devices.