HI-Vancouver Central Reviews

1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

CANADA IS AMAZING

• 3rd Oct 2014

I checked in around 9pm and found that my roommate was sleeping at that time. Only one main light in the room and no small bulb. Therefore, it was hard see anything without turning on the light which made my roommate unhappy. Besides, the room is small which makes it hard for more than 2 people to open their luggage

I checked in around 9pm and found that my roommate was sleeping at that time. Only one main light in the room and no small bulb. Therefore, it was hard see anything without turning on the light which made my roommate unhappy. Besides, The room is small which makes it hard for more than 2 people to open luggage

best hostel in downtown but a little expensive in the last day in vancouver i can got a same price in the hotel downtown area

Anything is good. But the WiFi in the room doesn't work. It's a little inconvenient for the people need internet.

My stay was really good, meet great people and had a lot of fun! The room was clean and nice, there were lockers. The bathroom was also nice and clean!

• 19th Sep 2014

Nice hostel, really good breakfast! The common areas could be improved a bit, and the WiFi really needs improving - the signal and speed aren't great.

The whole building smells really bad.

Smells bad

Internet conncection is terrible. you can't use wifi in rooms

Good location, convenience for transportation, food and shopping The hostel is a bit old, yet is clean The breakfast is fine, but it is starts at 8 am, you may miss it if you need to go out earlier Wifi is not stable at my room but is better in common area They arrange activities everyday, please check from their website / fb in advance, I enjoyd by especially the tours by Mr. Erik Atmosphere is good and a nice experience to stay here

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Please give more detailed directions from the train stations. Landing jetlagged after a 10-hour flight from the UK - plus the 8-hour time difference - telling me to head north is really not helpful. How about telling me which streets I will walk past?

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Basic features in dorms, one powerpoint on floor bit of a stretch for top bunk and one communal light (if you want to read etc not so good). Excellent Granville st location can walk to everything!! Missed out on breakfast because there was too much to explore so was up early. Bit of a shame!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • loz655

The staff were very helpful and the facilities were clean and basic. The location is excellent.

• 4th Sep 2014

Breakfast was great, lots of choice, bagels/bread/rolls/muffins/cerial/fruit etc, washrooms were cleaned everyday but get in early if you want to avoid a que. Rooms were hot but weather was scorching whilst I was there. A bus stop is right outside the hostel. Easy to walk most places though as well. It is on the main party street and street facing rooms are noisy, take earplugs and an eye mask it helps big time!!

• 24th Aug 2014

I've stayed in quite a few hostels and this one has to be my favorite! It's in a very central location and there are a lot of restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance. The staff is really nice too. The beds are SO comfortable and the bedding is very clean, which is always a concern for me. There are also large lockers in the rooms. They provide free breakfast with quite a few options. They also have computers with very reasonable Internet costs. I will definitely stay here again!

I really enjoyed my time at the hostel!

Myself and girlfiend had an en suite private and it was a fantastic room, better than SameSun's version. Free breakfast is very good though not quite as good as SameSun hostel across the street where it was fresher and there was a lot more room to eat it. If returning to Vancouver, I would choose HI-central again

Breakfast area was too small so many had to stand up. Sofas in living room were old and in poor state.

I had a nice stay here for a couple of days while visiting Vancouver. Hostel staff was awesome, even checked in my friends room to make sure they got back to the hostel, after being out all night, for me. Beware if you've never been to Vancouver, there are a lot of homeless people and drug addicts on the streets. This really applies to Granville St. There are a lot of homeless hanging around outside on the same block as the hostel. That said, not once did I feel in any danger at the hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3