HI-Vancouver Central Reviews

1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Internet conncection is terrible. you can't use wifi in rooms

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Iran

Basic features in dorms, one powerpoint on floor bit of a stretch for top bunk and one communal light (if you want to read etc not so good). Excellent Granville st location can walk to everything!! Missed out on breakfast because there was too much to explore so was up early. Bit of a shame!

• 6th Sep 2014
  • loz655

The staff were very helpful and the facilities were clean and basic. The location is excellent.

• 4th Sep 2014

Breakfast was great, lots of choice, bagels/bread/rolls/muffins/cerial/fruit etc, washrooms were cleaned everyday but get in early if you want to avoid a que. Rooms were hot but weather was scorching whilst I was there. A bus stop is right outside the hostel. Easy to walk most places though as well. It is on the main party street and street facing rooms are noisy, take earplugs and an eye mask it helps big time!!

• 24th Aug 2014

I've stayed in quite a few hostels and this one has to be my favorite! It's in a very central location and there are a lot of restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance. The staff is really nice too. The beds are SO comfortable and the bedding is very clean, which is always a concern for me. There are also large lockers in the rooms. They provide free breakfast with quite a few options. They also have computers with very reasonable Internet costs. I will definitely stay here again!

I really enjoyed my time at the hostel!

Myself and girlfiend had an en suite private and it was a fantastic room, better than SameSun's version. Free breakfast is very good though not quite as good as SameSun hostel across the street where it was fresher and there was a lot more room to eat it. If returning to Vancouver, I would choose HI-central again

Breakfast area was too small so many had to stand up. Sofas in living room were old and in poor state.

I had a nice stay here for a couple of days while visiting Vancouver. Hostel staff was awesome, even checked in my friends room to make sure they got back to the hostel, after being out all night, for me. Beware if you've never been to Vancouver, there are a lot of homeless people and drug addicts on the streets. This really applies to Granville St. There are a lot of homeless hanging around outside on the same block as the hostel. That said, not once did I feel in any danger at the hostel.

Straff was excelent, location was great and everything was perfect. Except the smell in our room, it smelled like an old beer fart. Bit if you only plan to use the room for sleeping it is OK.

Very nice hostel in a central location. Things are very clean, there is breakfast in the morning but there are not many options. The bathrooms are cleaned regularly, also it is very surprising that they actually have A/C in each room, which seems uncommon in Vancouver. The staff are friendly, there are many fliers and other things in the lobby which can greatly help you plan your trip.

The building needs a thorough renovation!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

If you just need a place to sleep downtown it's fine and the showers are good. But it is very unpersonal and there are no facilitites but microwaves in the 'kitchen'. I would not recommend it for backpackers.

Yep good p0lace to stay good location.

Booked a private ensuite for 1 week in July. The room was clean and quite spacious. The floor at other bathrooms that appeared to be really clean too. The free WIFI needs a little improvement but hey, it's free! The breakfast, which is included, is really good. The staff was really helpfull. Overall, a great stay! Would definitely recommend it!

• 17th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great place! Staff were rude and seemed very uninterested in helping us. When we checked in, the chick slammed down our keys and motioned for us to move along. If I stay in a place for $30 a night, staff should be paid enough to at least greet guests with a smile. Otherwise, good hostel.

Had a great time here. I think the place could be due for minor renovations like better washers and dryers, and the hallways had a peculiar smell, but the staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall everyone seemed happy to be there. Next time I'm back in Vancity I'll probably stay here again!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • RowdyVega

The dining room is small.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Had a great stay. Good room, quiet with comfy bed. Great location with good breakfast included. Only complaint was that the price quoted in Hostel world was for HI members only, which I didn't realise (being a nonmember ) so had to pay more than I expected.

Those Capet in the room need to go . And some of the sofa in the communal room are also bad !

« first « Prev 1 2 3