HI-Vancouver Central Reviews

1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

It's good for new comers like I am. The staff are so friendly and kind, and rooms are so clean. I saw a hoise keeper cleans each room everyday. And breakfast is free in every morning 8 to 10am. Fresh orange juice and bagles are my favorite here. Free wifi which is no problem with connecting and speed. I don's what's gonna happened in peak season, but it's so nice to stay few days in winter season. However, I couldn't find a gas stove to cook by myself.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Japan

this hostel is located on granville street in a weird part of Vancouver. I did not check the location before my reservation and I did regret that. We hade a private room and it was a good room (private bathroom and tv) for the price. But we came with our car and the staff did not really know where we can park and how much it could cost... we had to pay en extra 20$ to park in another hotel park... Plus there was some strange smells on our floor.

Hi there, thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately, as you mentioned, we do not have on-site parking. I'm very sorry that our staff were not able to provide you with good information about parking options. All our staff should be aware of the most convenient/cheapest available parking, but it's comments like yours that let us know we still have room to improve! As you said, most of the nearest parking will cost at least $20 for an overnight spot. Sincerely, Ruben, Assistant Manager

good internet and good breakfast. Everything was clean. Very quite hostel.

Great location and helpful receptionists, but let down by dirty bedroom and bathroom, also in need of some redecoration.

Great free breakfast, new showers

• 9th Feb 2015

Great location, definitely safe. There were definitely some pungent smells going on in this hostel. I stayed in a private room the first night and a shared dorm the second night. Although the private smelled funkier and appeared dirtier, I slept quite peacefully and the private shower was very clean. However in the shared dorm I woke up multiple times through the night violently itching myself, which makes me think they potentially have bed bugs.

wifi not stable at room, better at lobby. great location at main commercial street, close to everything.

Fine youth hostel, very quiet, clean, safe. Breakfast included: bagels, cereal, apples, cream cheese, bread, muffins, o.j., all aplenty. Great location, really.

• 8th Jan 2015

Comfortable, clean, well located!

My friend and I had an amazing time for this being our first time staying in a hostel. We really enjoyed the helpfulness of the staff in giving us directions and ideas of things to do, considering we had few ideas when arriving. Our favorite part was that the hostel organized activities each day. It was a great way to meet new people. We would definitely stay again and recommend this hostel to others.

• 21st Dec 2014

This was an amazing hostel, not only was the staff super friendly, but the location was right on point! we were so close to EVERYTHING!! and if we weren't close to something we were right next to several skytrain stations and bus stops! Could not ask for a better hostel.

• 20th Dec 2014

Just wish that internet was better and bedrooms/bathrooms much cleaner. Past 2 years maid were unpleasant and careless but the new ones seem much better!!

• 18th Dec 2014

had a double room with shared bathroom and although the room was small, it was sufficient and there was always a bathroom available. Breakfast is good with juice, fruit, cereal and bread. The heating however wasn't great. We had to rely on a blow heater while we were awake and then had to put on warm clothes for the night

I love that it's in the middle of everything!!

• 21st Nov 2014

My private room was clean and had an ensuite bathroom. The breakfast was good (bagel, toast, muffins, cereals, fruits, coffee, etc.). The location was ideal. Nice communal areas. I think it's the best hostel I have ever been to!

It was nice, just as younger person I would have like it more if a bar was on site. Also maybe a table tennis table or pool table

• 31st Oct 2014

Our room had a lovely veiw over downtown and the hostel in general was in the best location we could have hoped for. The only two drawbacks weren't a big deal at all. The internet and the elevator were just a little painfully slow. The elevator wouldn't have been an issue at all if there were stairs to the fourth floor and the internet wasn't too much of a problem, because there are cafes with WiFi everywhere. The staff was always knowledgeable and helpful and everything was very clean. Thanks!

• 30th Oct 2014

Not even a stove to cook on! From one of the best hostel chains in the world, this is a pretty poor show. The staff didn't seem to care that I wanted to check in, even though I just dragged in a really heavy bag out of the rain. And they didn't really care that I wasn't able to cook my dinner. I've seen bad, dodgy hostels with better facilities and staff attitudes.

If you want good night sleep HI's pretty good but if you want a fun atmosphere try the samesun across the road.

A great place to stay. The free breakfast is amazing. The wifi is not great but it's free so can't really complain. Free luggage hold too. The facilities are great. Bad directions to the hostel though (which way is south? Just turn right on Granville street). Most staff were really helpful but one seemed like it was too much effort to tell me which bus to catch. All in all a great place to stay and I will be back after the ski season.