HI-Vancouver Central Reviews

1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Great location for bars and gay village. Some dorms have showers others but the showers off the were free

We like the individual shared bathrooms.

I had a wonderful time at HI Vancouver Central. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms, facilities, and lounge were clean and comfortable. The location is excellent. I felt safe personally and with my belongings. The storage lockers were bigger than I expected. I would certainly stay here again.

• 19th Jun 2015

A pleasant stay & we would stay again, but we are horrified at Vancouver's drug & street problems WoW

Great Stay. Private room and Bathroom where clean, quite, and a good size. Great location. Will be coming back

• 16th Jun 2015

Great/Central Location in downtown Vancouver. The hostel was clean and all the staff were friendly/helpfully with any questions we had. Wifi was a bit slow in some places of the hostel, but over all worked efficiently in the common areas.

• 15th Jun 2015

I ate a rotten apple for breakfast and was not able to take clean shower. But the biggest problem was I was not able to use WIFI in my room!

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. We have fresh fruit delivered regularly, but I will be speaking with our breakfast staff to ensure this doesn't happen again. In addition, I will be following-up with our housekeepers: all of our guests should be able to take a clean shower. I'm also sorry to hear that our Wi-Fi didn't work for you - we are working diligently to improve it. Thank you again for your comment, and all the best on your travels!

Wifi is terrible and when you have a room next to a washroom (for example room #222) it's incredibly loud

good facilities, I would like plugs and lights by each bed

• 2nd Jun 2015

Pretty average hostel. The thing I didn't like was the kitchen, which considering there's nowhere to anything is more of an eating area.

• 25th May 2015

Rented a private double--very very clean, pretty quiet, really excellent location. Overall a great value with nice staff and the free breakfast was nice too. The wifi, however, is atrocious. It only works in parts of the lobby and parts of the common area. This is the only negative, but it's a huge negative. If the wifi were better, this place would be the bomb!

• 22nd May 2015

May improve by providing luggage storage service and mail dilivery

• 21st May 2015
  • China

Thank you for your review, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I just wanted to clarify that we do provide complimentary day storage for our guests' luggage, as well as long term storage for a small fee. We are also happy to receive and hold on to letters on behalf of our guests. Thanks again for your comment! Kind regards, Ruben, Assistant Manager

Friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast!

• 20th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Very clean and well maintained hostel. Nice staff. However, not very communal vibe, so maybe only good to stay for a few days.

Another great stay at a perfectly located place. I'll be coming back again!!

It ;s ok ,

• 6th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

My original room was on the fourth floor, but I moved to another floor as the whole floor was being recarpetted and stank of new carpet chemicals. My tthroat began to mildly burn and I felt very uncomfortable. Turns out that this smell can contain chemicals that are terrible to humans. Thankfully staff was helpful and switched my room, but this room had teen partiers that don't care about being noisy. This was great because I ran the Vancouver marathon on 3hr sleep.

• 2nd May 2015

HI Vancouver Central was aptly located to anything you wished to see and do around central/downtown Vancouver. The facilities were clean and someone came to clean the bathrooms daily. Internet was a bit spotty at times and electric outlets in the shared rooms were limited. Staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. I would visit there again.

Second time staying here, extended my stay for longer. Free breakfast is great. Not a very communal vibe (if you want that probably stay across the road). Bathrooms are always clean. (Pro tip: when the bathrooms are full in the morning and you just need the toilet there are two at the far end of each hall). Street noise is pretty loud on weekends if you have a room at the front. But a very safe and secure place to stay. It's worth the few extra dollars for the breakfast.

I didn't expect people to be so orderly. The kitchen and dining area are clean; the bathrooms, too. Staff and guests are nice. There were plenty of choices for the free breakfast.

• 4th Apr 2015