HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

This wasn't my first time staying in a hostel so I had some expectations already set when I arrived. This place blew them out of the water. The staff was helpful and kind, there were so many things planned to get to know others in the hostel, and the location was PRIME. I would 100% go back as well as recommend this to anyone planning to stay in Vancouver. Value for money is amazing and you're so close to lots of public transit. Even my conservative mother loved it so that in itself says a lot!

• 12th Sep 2014

We slept 2 nights in room 103, with the shared bathroom. But this bathroom was way to noisy, not wel insulated. The couple in the other room took a shower very early in the morning and it was like they were in the same room as us, so we couldn't sleep anymore. A seperate public bathroom in the hallway would be better than this system of bathroom sharing.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

best breakfast ever.It sets you up for the day.Thankyou

• 5th Sep 2014

The staff was very friendly and I liked the atmosphere, where it was easy to get in contact with other travellers. The location is nice: central, but not in the middle of the party district (and therefore quiet).

Nice enough hostel but for me the atmosphere wasn't fantastic. Very stuffy and hot in the height of summer. Few showers but it didn't appear to be an issue most of the time. Very good location wise and lots of activities. Eriks Capilano Canyon tour is a MUST!

I stayed here at the beginning and end of my 3 week trip. This visit was the end of the trip. Main criticism is that the dorms are pretty small rooms so quite cramped, and get very hot when its sunny. Otherwise, hostel is good, in a nice central but quiet location, good facilities. Free breakfast is a welcome bonus!

There are good location,clean inside and nice stuffs :) We were enjoyed while our trip!!! Thanks

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Great location, small dorms and chilld-out atmosphere means a good night's sleep if you need one too.

• 14th Aug 2014

Cleaning staff sometimes pushing to leave. They could have been nicer. It was really clean though. Amazingly good breakfast for a hostel.

Clean hostel in a great location. Dorms small (4 bed) but a bit cramped. Good facilities overall. Excellent security

It was quite loud but convenient. There's no parking although it was advertised. They have two parking lots behind the house which are constantly occupied!!! Took me ages to find a spot. And parking in Vancouver is a pain in the arse. Very very very expensive and you get fined all the time.

First of all, staffs were really friendly it made me feel comfortable. The second thing that i liked is wide 'common' spaces-lobby, kitchen, terrace. It helps you to find new friends from the world!

Solid hostel with very friendly staff.

We were in a private room which is probably a different experience in terms of security and atmosphere but still I think this was the best hostel I've stayed in. Any queries/requests were resolved straight away by really helpful staff. Great location. Not really a party hostel. More of a relaxed atmosphere.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Staff were exceptionally helpful and very efficient in Reception and in dining area. Going back next week.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

This is a great hostel in a great area close to the beaches/Robson street etc. There was only 1 major disadvantage for me- there is no air conditioning in the rooms. I stayed in a room for 4 people and there was 1 fan in the room which was inadequate. I couldn't fall asleep due to the heat and it made my stay here miserable.

great kitchen. spacious facilities. excellent hostel

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Perfectly located, everything walking distance or easily accessible by bus or bike. Nice neighbourhood in the gay-friendly west end, near restaurants/shops/pubs plus English Bay and the seawall. Granville Is. & Kitsilano only a short water taxi away. Staff were very friendly, always someone at the desk to help you out. Everything was secure and clean, hot showers, fresh towels & a good breakfast. Rooms got v hot but it was middle of summer! Quieter crowd - the party kids are at Granville st ;)

Lots of food for breakfast, clean rooms (we stayed in 2), clean bathrooms. Close to everything we needed! Although it was very busy, there are plenty of rooms and common areas to 'chill'. Very very nice and friendly staff - always helpful - we even extended our stay! Thanks again for lots of support!! Prices are still high but we got a lot in return!!

Great location to Stanley park and the Granville Island boat station. Short walk to Canada place which offers free shuttles to certain places of interest. My room was quite hot but not so much that it was too uncomfortable - I just slept without a duvet.

« first « Prev 1 2 3