HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

Great location, very clean, great breakfast.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Israel

Great neighborhood location, central... and 4 person bunks! Awesome! thank you for. a lovely stay!

• 22nd Sep 2014

The rooms were clean, but the washrooms were not clean and always out of even papir or soap. But a really nice location and safe.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Denmark

This wasn't my first time staying in a hostel so I had some expectations already set when I arrived. This place blew them out of the water. The staff was helpful and kind, there were so many things planned to get to know others in the hostel, and the location was PRIME. I would 100% go back as well as recommend this to anyone planning to stay in Vancouver. Value for money is amazing and you're so close to lots of public transit. Even my conservative mother loved it so that in itself says a lot!

• 12th Sep 2014

Good afternoon; Thank you for your brilliant comment! We like to celebrate our successes and appreciate your feedback. We are always happy to provide excellent customer service. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, Maicke Andresen Hostel Manager

We slept 2 nights in room 103, with the shared bathroom. But this bathroom was way to noisy, not wel insulated. The couple in the other room took a shower very early in the morning and it was like they were in the same room as us, so we couldn't sleep anymore. A seperate public bathroom in the hallway would be better than this system of bathroom sharing.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

best breakfast ever.It sets you up for the day.Thankyou

• 5th Sep 2014

Hello and thank you for your nice comment! We try to make everyone feel welcome; we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Big hostel in a nice quiet area of Vancouver. We stayed in a private double room, not really big nor cosy but useful. Sweet buffet breakfast with muffins, toasts, fruits and drinks. The only thing to improve is the cleaniless in the bathrooms. Otherwise, everything is good.

The staff was very friendly and I liked the atmosphere, where it was easy to get in contact with other travellers. The location is nice: central, but not in the middle of the party district (and therefore quiet).

Nice enough hostel but for me the atmosphere wasn't fantastic. Very stuffy and hot in the height of summer. Few showers but it didn't appear to be an issue most of the time. Very good location wise and lots of activities. Eriks Capilano Canyon tour is a MUST!

I stayed here at the beginning and end of my 3 week trip. This visit was the end of the trip. Main criticism is that the dorms are pretty small rooms so quite cramped, and get very hot when its sunny. Otherwise, hostel is good, in a nice central but quiet location, good facilities. Free breakfast is a welcome bonus!

There are good location,clean inside and nice stuffs :) We were enjoyed while our trip!!! Thanks

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Great location, small dorms and chilld-out atmosphere means a good night's sleep if you need one too.

• 14th Aug 2014

Cleaning staff sometimes pushing to leave. They could have been nicer. It was really clean though. Amazingly good breakfast for a hostel.

Clean hostel in a great location. Dorms small (4 bed) but a bit cramped. Good facilities overall. Excellent security

It was quite loud but convenient. There's no parking although it was advertised. They have two parking lots behind the house which are constantly occupied!!! Took me ages to find a spot. And parking in Vancouver is a pain in the arse. Very very very expensive and you get fined all the time.

First of all, staffs were really friendly it made me feel comfortable. The second thing that i liked is wide 'common' spaces-lobby, kitchen, terrace. It helps you to find new friends from the world!

Solid hostel with very friendly staff.

We were in a private room which is probably a different experience in terms of security and atmosphere but still I think this was the best hostel I've stayed in. Any queries/requests were resolved straight away by really helpful staff. Great location. Not really a party hostel. More of a relaxed atmosphere.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Staff were exceptionally helpful and very efficient in Reception and in dining area. Going back next week.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

This is a great hostel in a great area close to the beaches/Robson street etc. There was only 1 major disadvantage for me- there is no air conditioning in the rooms. I stayed in a room for 4 people and there was 1 fan in the room which was inadequate. I couldn't fall asleep due to the heat and it made my stay here miserable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3