HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

at these hottest days of the year, it helped to keep the door open when we slept since the room got the full sun in the daytime. the staff were very helpful and friendly. my only regret was not staying longer!

The hostel is in a great locailocaion, near many bars and restaurants. It is also near a ferry stop to Granville Island. The free breakfastvwas delicious and fresh too.i'd stay here again

Very nice and clean hostel in a very convenient location. Some staff members are great (others not that much), the free breakfast is quite good and our private room with shared bathrooom was spacious (with a sink, awesome!) and the beds in it very, very comfy. Would stay there again for sure.

The range of pots,pans & microwave dishes could be upgraded.

Nice hostel. Clean, kitchen facilities were well and good free breakfast.

Nice hostel, good location & great breakfast. Pretty quite but good vibe! Facilities have seen better days, though!

Our reservations were switched in their system a day later than my original reservation date. We were fortunate enough that they had a room available for us but it is worrisome that it happened. If they did not have a room available, we would be left out in the cold. They were very courteous and were able to accommodate us though. We just had to switch rooms after the first night but that wasn't as bad as I thought.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Helpful staff and great value for money. It's a well organised and run place. Lovely being near the beach too. My only criticism would be how hot the dorms got in the warm weather!

The hostel is looking a little tired in places, however the location is fantastic!! Most of the staff were super helpful, but a couple of grumpy ones spoiled things somewhat. Breakfast was great and I met some awesome people there!

Was there for 2 nights, safe, clean and friendly.

It was a nice enough hostel, but the rooms were so hot and stuffy I could hardly breath, let alone sleep. You could only open a small portion of the window and that did nothing to air out the room. I was a little warmer that one would expect in Vancouver, but the rooms seemed at least 20 degrees hotter than it was outside. If I could have opened the whole window, it may have been better. Maybe some fresh air. I'm not sure how it is in the winter though, but I imagine stuffy.

• 26th Jun 2015

It was a constant sauna in there with no reprieve. No chance to escape the heat at any time. Men's bathrooms were pretty disgusting and there was a steady smell of stale booze and BO (likely from all the sweating). Location was nice, very close to things which is good since staying on the premises was not overly enjoyable. There was a smelly homeless guy always sleeping outside but they gave you free linens and towels but if you stay more than a night I guess you have to change them yourself.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Vaccuuming the rooms every day would make guests feel more comfortable. Also air conditioning - it's time to get one. Otherwise nice quiet atmosphere and good location in a good part of downtown.

No complains! Good location, friendly staff, clean accommodations and full breakfast in the morning. Would stay again!

• 19th Jun 2015

Great hostel, good location, nice rooms(with carpet!! Not common in most hostels) Would definitely stay here again

The location is good for the beach and about 20 mins plus for Stanley Park, Granville Island and downtown for the harbour etc. The walk is pleasent though. I stayed in a private 2 bed which was exactly what it said on the tin. was lively and clean and had a shared batheroom. There were additional showers and toilets on the landing. There is a real mix of people and varying ages. I didnt really see any atmosphere for a hostel as such but everyone was friendly enough. breakfast was great :)

Amazing place to stay. Everything except the wifi is good... the room is a little too narrow, it could be better if the beds and the lockers were put in other way.... Anyway, the hostel is so good!!!

I enjoyed this hostel. It's in a good location within walking distance to everything. Staff were always helpful and accommodating. Only fell down on cleanliness because as I was leaving I found a pair of used underwear under what was a comfy bed in a single room. Would stay again.

everything was good except wifi. the signal was strong only on ground floor.

Hostel is in a Nice part of town. Rooms are small, a bit hot, and could be cleaner, but the bathrooms are clean and showers are good. Free wifi that works well. The atmosphere is not super social, but there's activities for who wants to join. Not a party hostel, which is nice!