HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

A lovely place to stay, very clean and facilities were good, especially the breakfast and the kitchen facilities so people could prepare their own meals. The staff were very helpful. The beds were comfortable. Showers were near the room. It is a quiet hostel in a quiet street which suited me, but also well situated in down town Vancouver.

The staff was not really helpful and answered my requests relunctantly. Also the furniture was quite shabby and the internet in the rooms worked really slowly. However, the breakfast was great!!!

Great location near to shops, stanley park and ferry to granville island. Good free breakfast, although only served until 9:15 which is a bit early. Elevator up to 4th floor so no lugging heavy bagd. My room was too small for 4 people though and there was no room for everyones bags. There were lockers though. Staff on reception could have been more helpful and informative but on the whole a good hostel. Excellent thai place only 2 minutes away; Thai Bssil, good food and reasonable prices.

Sometimes the magnetic key failed. Although they record again without problem, it's a little... but it helps to communicate with other guests... >:o)

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Spain

I greatly enjoyed my stay. The staff was very helpful, Erik's tour was a great surprise, and I loved the diversity of the people staying at the hostel.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Just had a perfect long weekend stay. Had nice room mates and even went for a drink with them twice.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Great location, very clean, great breakfast.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Israel

Great neighborhood location, central... and 4 person bunks! Awesome! thank you for. a lovely stay!

• 22nd Sep 2014

The rooms were clean, but the washrooms were not clean and always out of even papir or soap. But a really nice location and safe.

This wasn't my first time staying in a hostel so I had some expectations already set when I arrived. This place blew them out of the water. The staff was helpful and kind, there were so many things planned to get to know others in the hostel, and the location was PRIME. I would 100% go back as well as recommend this to anyone planning to stay in Vancouver. Value for money is amazing and you're so close to lots of public transit. Even my conservative mother loved it so that in itself says a lot!

• 12th Sep 2014

Good afternoon; Thank you for your brilliant comment! We like to celebrate our successes and appreciate your feedback. We are always happy to provide excellent customer service. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, Maicke Andresen Hostel Manager

We slept 2 nights in room 103, with the shared bathroom. But this bathroom was way to noisy, not wel insulated. The couple in the other room took a shower very early in the morning and it was like they were in the same room as us, so we couldn't sleep anymore. A seperate public bathroom in the hallway would be better than this system of bathroom sharing.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

best breakfast ever.It sets you up for the day.Thankyou

• 5th Sep 2014

Hello and thank you for your nice comment! We try to make everyone feel welcome; we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Big hostel in a nice quiet area of Vancouver. We stayed in a private double room, not really big nor cosy but useful. Sweet buffet breakfast with muffins, toasts, fruits and drinks. The only thing to improve is the cleaniless in the bathrooms. Otherwise, everything is good.

The staff was very friendly and I liked the atmosphere, where it was easy to get in contact with other travellers. The location is nice: central, but not in the middle of the party district (and therefore quiet).

Nice enough hostel but for me the atmosphere wasn't fantastic. Very stuffy and hot in the height of summer. Few showers but it didn't appear to be an issue most of the time. Very good location wise and lots of activities. Eriks Capilano Canyon tour is a MUST!

I stayed here at the beginning and end of my 3 week trip. This visit was the end of the trip. Main criticism is that the dorms are pretty small rooms so quite cramped, and get very hot when its sunny. Otherwise, hostel is good, in a nice central but quiet location, good facilities. Free breakfast is a welcome bonus!

There are good location,clean inside and nice stuffs :) We were enjoyed while our trip!!! Thanks

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Great location, small dorms and chilld-out atmosphere means a good night's sleep if you need one too.

Cleaning staff sometimes pushing to leave. They could have been nicer. It was really clean though. Amazingly good breakfast for a hostel.

Clean hostel in a great location. Dorms small (4 bed) but a bit cramped. Good facilities overall. Excellent security

« first « Prev 1 2 3