HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

Everything seemed amazing! Some odd smells but overall great.

• 5th Nov 2014

Our room and the corridor were stinking, probably because of the carpeted floors. Room are small for 4 people, but they have big lockers in them. The hostel has a good location though, pretty much everything can be done by walk. Good breakfasts.

No really atmosphere here folk where clicky but did meet a few folk. Tours eg: ghost and Erik's- two tours (Lynn canyon and capilano brigde) where great. was quiet and this is what I was looking for.

Overall a brilliant hostel, in a safe, quiet, central location. The staff were friendly and very helpful; me and my friend went on two of Erik's tours and were very impressed, a must for tourists! The breakfast was basic, but out of the hostels we visited on our trip (four in total), we felt it had the most variety. The hostel also caters for families, which gave it a nice atmosphere. For two female travelers we felt very safe and comfortable here, would stay there again and strongly recommend!

A great hostel in a great city. Really convenient and quiet location with friendly, helpful staff.

Toilets very unclean on 4th level female bathrooms. Shower drain blocked and would leak into the rest of the bathroom. No good lounge to chill out in, only kitchen and reception. Not enough chairs. NO WI FI ACCESS I N DORM ROOMS! Outrageous computer use charges also -$3.70 (approx for two hours?)

A lovely place to stay, very clean and facilities were good, especially the breakfast and the kitchen facilities so people could prepare their own meals. The staff were very helpful. The beds were comfortable. Showers were near the room. It is a quiet hostel in a quiet street which suited me, but also well situated in down town Vancouver.

The staff was not really helpful and answered my requests relunctantly. Also the furniture was quite shabby and the internet in the rooms worked really slowly. However, the breakfast was great!!!

Great location near to shops, stanley park and ferry to granville island. Good free breakfast, although only served until 9:15 which is a bit early. Elevator up to 4th floor so no lugging heavy bagd. My room was too small for 4 people though and there was no room for everyones bags. There were lockers though. Staff on reception could have been more helpful and informative but on the whole a good hostel. Excellent thai place only 2 minutes away; Thai Bssil, good food and reasonable prices.

Sometimes the magnetic key failed. Although they record again without problem, it's a little... but it helps to communicate with other guests... >:o)

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Spain

I greatly enjoyed my stay. The staff was very helpful, Erik's tour was a great surprise, and I loved the diversity of the people staying at the hostel.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Just had a perfect long weekend stay. Had nice room mates and even went for a drink with them twice.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Great location, very clean, great breakfast.

Great neighborhood location, central... and 4 person bunks! Awesome! thank you for. a lovely stay!

• 22nd Sep 2014

The rooms were clean, but the washrooms were not clean and always out of even papir or soap. But a really nice location and safe.

This wasn't my first time staying in a hostel so I had some expectations already set when I arrived. This place blew them out of the water. The staff was helpful and kind, there were so many things planned to get to know others in the hostel, and the location was PRIME. I would 100% go back as well as recommend this to anyone planning to stay in Vancouver. Value for money is amazing and you're so close to lots of public transit. Even my conservative mother loved it so that in itself says a lot!

• 12th Sep 2014

Good afternoon; Thank you for your brilliant comment! We like to celebrate our successes and appreciate your feedback. We are always happy to provide excellent customer service. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, Maicke Andresen Hostel Manager

We slept 2 nights in room 103, with the shared bathroom. But this bathroom was way to noisy, not wel insulated. The couple in the other room took a shower very early in the morning and it was like they were in the same room as us, so we couldn't sleep anymore. A seperate public bathroom in the hallway would be better than this system of bathroom sharing.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

best breakfast ever.It sets you up for the day.Thankyou

• 5th Sep 2014

Hello and thank you for your nice comment! We try to make everyone feel welcome; we hope to welcome you back in the future!

Big hostel in a nice quiet area of Vancouver. We stayed in a private double room, not really big nor cosy but useful. Sweet buffet breakfast with muffins, toasts, fruits and drinks. The only thing to improve is the cleaniless in the bathrooms. Otherwise, everything is good.

The staff was very friendly and I liked the atmosphere, where it was easy to get in contact with other travellers. The location is nice: central, but not in the middle of the party district (and therefore quiet).

« first « Prev 1 2 3