HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

Only one thing I was not happy with: The wifi was not working in our room

• 31st Dec 2015

We were in a private room and the bed was really comfortable, We slept really well and it was really quiet during night time. Breakfast was very good; bagels, bread, muffins, coffee, tea, juice, peanut butter... If you are looking for a quiet hostel, this is your place but if you wanna be in a party hostel, I would suggest something else. Thanks for the great stay :)

Everything is good for me. If I go Vancouver again, I will stay here!! Thank you :-)

Wifi isn't working for some hours and it kept losing the signal after start working. Except wifi, everythig is good.

The room is humid and smells weird. Wifi will disconnect every night during my trip and the staff said it caused by the rain. Breakfast period is shorter than any other hi hostels I have been. Staff seemed very tired.

• 12th Dec 2015

Very helpful staff at the counter, enjoyed the breakfast in the morning.

• 15th Nov 2015

I thought the hostel was clean and friendly staff, but the location was pretty inconvenient as it was further away from the downtown core that I was hoping to get close to within.

The cool thing about this hostel is that they organize a lot of activities, especially in summer. There is something, or more things, to do every day. If you have the chance to go on the Capilano tour with Erik, it's amazing. It is only a short walk to Granville street where you can go out and it is super close to the seawall and Stanley park. Dorms are 4 bed, look slightly old, but are clean. There is free breakfast which is pretty good. I had a great stay!

A great hostel! A bit old and creaky at times but never the less still a great location and good staff plus cheap tours and local connection make it a great place to stay in downtown vancouver.

Thanks for a great time and experience

HI Vancouver downtown is absolutely wonderful. This was our second time staying and it was great.. Definitely staying there again!!!

Lovely hostel. The staff are friendly and helpful. Their are day trips that the hostel put on that seemed really good but I didn't have time. The breakfast was really nice here and the kitchen was a good size with really good facilities. The rooms were slightly narrow but big enough, with big lockers. The social room and cinema were good too. Location is great because it's in a safe area near to the park and has plenty of places to eat near by.

Great place to stay, Great location and staff were good! Wouldnt harm to get better wifi for your guests!

It was so great. All staffs are very kind. All people who visit here are awesome. You can make friends easily haha.

Did not appreciate having toenail clippings in my 'clean' bed and rubbish shoved down the bed head. Room needed a vacuum and wipe over. Not sure bathroom floors were vacuumed/mop regularly either. Check-in staff were a bit abrupt and disinterested as well. Did not feel very relaxed or welcomed

Pretty standard hostel. The location is ok and the breakfast is nice. Not loads of atmosphere, but a comfortable place to stay.

Toilet door in room was a bit dodgy!

• 20th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great hostel!

• 17th Aug 2015

The rooms are quite small, but overall the hostel was clean and in good shape.

The staff member who checked me in was incredibly rude. She seemed more anxious to get back to texted on her phone than to check me in. Despite working in customer service and working with international travelers who may not understand the system, she was very short and somewhat demeaning when I asked a question about how to use the card and about the breakfast.

• 16th Aug 2015