HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

Good quality hostel, nice facilities and quite modern. Staff were great and the breakfast is tasty.

I liked the atmosphere, like staying in a college dorm. This place has so much such as a kitchen, fridges for cold food storage, dining room, entertainment, info for things to do and hot water for shower. It was my first time staying at a hostel and I enjoyed it very much. I would stay here again.

• 15th Dec 2014

Staff needs to be more welcoming and just seem like they care about their customers.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

The facilities particularly the kitchen are great! Friendly and helpful staff. I would definitely stay there again.

Good thing is the bathroom and toilet is really clean. And the kitchen is nice. Got a nice TV room too. Staff are helpful and friendly. The rooms are pretty small and narrow. Don't have much personal space. But as long as the room and the bathroom are clean, can't really ask for more!!!

- Heater didn't work in the first room I was put in. - If you have booked a co-ed room they will automatically change you to all male or all female unless travelling with group. They say they notify you about this through confirmation email but it really should state it on their booking description. - Some of the staff unfriendly, one bloke pretty hostile after asking for refund (tall guy) - Atmosphere is non existent - Do not recommend, go somewhere else!

Stoves are,very slow to heat, cumbersome at peak dinner, wifi in general needs to be improved especially upstairs. Overall as hostels go... HI Downtown Vancouver is the best I've seen. and the staff super cool.

Everything seemed amazing! Some odd smells but overall great.

• 5th Nov 2014

Our room and the corridor were stinking, probably because of the carpeted floors. Room are small for 4 people, but they have big lockers in them. The hostel has a good location though, pretty much everything can be done by walk. Good breakfasts.

No really atmosphere here folk where clicky but did meet a few folk. Tours eg: ghost and Erik's- two tours (Lynn canyon and capilano brigde) where great. was quiet and this is what I was looking for.

Overall a brilliant hostel, in a safe, quiet, central location. The staff were friendly and very helpful; me and my friend went on two of Erik's tours and were very impressed, a must for tourists! The breakfast was basic, but out of the hostels we visited on our trip (four in total), we felt it had the most variety. The hostel also caters for families, which gave it a nice atmosphere. For two female travelers we felt very safe and comfortable here, would stay there again and strongly recommend!

A great hostel in a great city. Really convenient and quiet location with friendly, helpful staff.

Toilets very unclean on 4th level female bathrooms. Shower drain blocked and would leak into the rest of the bathroom. No good lounge to chill out in, only kitchen and reception. Not enough chairs. NO WI FI ACCESS I N DORM ROOMS! Outrageous computer use charges also -$3.70 (approx for two hours?)

A lovely place to stay, very clean and facilities were good, especially the breakfast and the kitchen facilities so people could prepare their own meals. The staff were very helpful. The beds were comfortable. Showers were near the room. It is a quiet hostel in a quiet street which suited me, but also well situated in down town Vancouver.

The staff was not really helpful and answered my requests relunctantly. Also the furniture was quite shabby and the internet in the rooms worked really slowly. However, the breakfast was great!!!

Great location near to shops, stanley park and ferry to granville island. Good free breakfast, although only served until 9:15 which is a bit early. Elevator up to 4th floor so no lugging heavy bagd. My room was too small for 4 people though and there was no room for everyones bags. There were lockers though. Staff on reception could have been more helpful and informative but on the whole a good hostel. Excellent thai place only 2 minutes away; Thai Bssil, good food and reasonable prices.

Sometimes the magnetic key failed. Although they record again without problem, it's a little... but it helps to communicate with other guests... >:o)

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Spain

I greatly enjoyed my stay. The staff was very helpful, Erik's tour was a great surprise, and I loved the diversity of the people staying at the hostel.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Just had a perfect long weekend stay. Had nice room mates and even went for a drink with them twice.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Great location, very clean, great breakfast.

« first « Prev 1 2 3