HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

I did not stay with you, this was a mistake, I am not registered to stay HI Downtown until August but thank you for asking. l will be staying for the Senior Games in North Van. Jean

• 18th Mar 2015

Great hostel and even better location- close to the beach and downtown without having that big noise from the city. The room and the bathroom were clean and compfi. Just the noise from other rooms can be heard pretty easily. Great choice of breakfast and huge and clean kitchen. We will be back in May.

I loved staying at this hostel. The people were so friendly and the city is also amazing. I had such a great time there.

Staff very helpful with wake-up call and information.

Great, quiet hotel with good breakfast, solid security, friendly and fun staff. The bedding was fresh, hot water in clean showers, and we got the best recommendations for nearby restaurants. We will be back.

• 16th Jan 2015

Hello; Greetings from HI-Vancouver Downtown. I wanted to send you a quick thank you for your great review! We try to provide excellent customer service and a comfortable stay to our guest. Always nice to know when we succeeded. Kind regards, Maicke Andresen Hostel Manager

Good quality hostel, nice facilities and quite modern. Staff were great and the breakfast is tasty.

I liked the atmosphere, like staying in a college dorm. This place has so much such as a kitchen, fridges for cold food storage, dining room, entertainment, info for things to do and hot water for shower. It was my first time staying at a hostel and I enjoyed it very much. I would stay here again.

• 15th Dec 2014

Staff needs to be more welcoming and just seem like they care about their customers.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

it's a very old hostels. the facilites are getting worn off. the bathroom, carpet and bed sheets can be cleaner.

The facilities particularly the kitchen are great! Friendly and helpful staff. I would definitely stay there again.

Good thing is the bathroom and toilet is really clean. And the kitchen is nice. Got a nice TV room too. Staff are helpful and friendly. The rooms are pretty small and narrow. Don't have much personal space. But as long as the room and the bathroom are clean, can't really ask for more!!!

- Heater didn't work in the first room I was put in. - If you have booked a co-ed room they will automatically change you to all male or all female unless travelling with group. They say they notify you about this through confirmation email but it really should state it on their booking description. - Some of the staff unfriendly, one bloke pretty hostile after asking for refund (tall guy) - Atmosphere is non existent - Do not recommend, go somewhere else!

Stoves are,very slow to heat, cumbersome at peak dinner, wifi in general needs to be improved especially upstairs. Overall as hostels go... HI Downtown Vancouver is the best I've seen. and the staff super cool.

Everything seemed amazing! Some odd smells but overall great.

• 5th Nov 2014

Our room and the corridor were stinking, probably because of the carpeted floors. Room are small for 4 people, but they have big lockers in them. The hostel has a good location though, pretty much everything can be done by walk. Good breakfasts.

No really atmosphere here folk where clicky but did meet a few folk. Tours eg: ghost and Erik's- two tours (Lynn canyon and capilano brigde) where great. was quiet and this is what I was looking for.

Overall a brilliant hostel, in a safe, quiet, central location. The staff were friendly and very helpful; me and my friend went on two of Erik's tours and were very impressed, a must for tourists! The breakfast was basic, but out of the hostels we visited on our trip (four in total), we felt it had the most variety. The hostel also caters for families, which gave it a nice atmosphere. For two female travelers we felt very safe and comfortable here, would stay there again and strongly recommend!

A great hostel in a great city. Really convenient and quiet location with friendly, helpful staff.

Toilets very unclean on 4th level female bathrooms. Shower drain blocked and would leak into the rest of the bathroom. No good lounge to chill out in, only kitchen and reception. Not enough chairs. NO WI FI ACCESS I N DORM ROOMS! Outrageous computer use charges also -$3.70 (approx for two hours?)

A lovely place to stay, very clean and facilities were good, especially the breakfast and the kitchen facilities so people could prepare their own meals. The staff were very helpful. The beds were comfortable. Showers were near the room. It is a quiet hostel in a quiet street which suited me, but also well situated in down town Vancouver.