HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

Was very pleasantly surprised by the quiet of my room – the hostel itself seemed noiseless, and the neighborhood also seemed noise free. Very restful. My bed was also was also very comfortable.

Excellent wifi connection & location was on point. Room had an old cigarette odour lingering which was gross. Also the extra charge for not becoming a "member" was off-putting.

I was graciously welcomed and served and enjoyed the low key atmosphere of the hostel. Have been before and will return again.

Very cool facility and breakfast was great.

• 13th Apr 2015

A very safe economical spot for my 2,2 year old daughter and myself. Pops had the lower bunk with more space. Room was clean, mattresses comfortable. I would stay there again !

• 10th Apr 2015

I did not stay with you, this was a mistake, I am not registered to stay HI Downtown until August but thank you for asking. l will be staying for the Senior Games in North Van. Jean

• 18th Mar 2015

Great hostel and even better location- close to the beach and downtown without having that big noise from the city. The room and the bathroom were clean and compfi. Just the noise from other rooms can be heard pretty easily. Great choice of breakfast and huge and clean kitchen. We will be back in May.

Everything was extremely old - the mattress, carpets, sheets. The women's washroom across the hall was also creepy, as it was very old and abandoned since we were the only ones in that area. It felt like I was in a modern day version of the movie Psycho. I've stayed in many hostels and this was the only one that creeped me out. The cleaner poked his head into our room even though we had hung a "do not disturb" sign and I yelled at him to not come in. Not cool.

I loved staying at this hostel. The people were so friendly and the city is also amazing. I had such a great time there.

Staff very helpful with wake-up call and information.

Great, quiet hotel with good breakfast, solid security, friendly and fun staff. The bedding was fresh, hot water in clean showers, and we got the best recommendations for nearby restaurants. We will be back.

• 16th Jan 2015

Hello; Greetings from HI-Vancouver Downtown. I wanted to send you a quick thank you for your great review! We try to provide excellent customer service and a comfortable stay to our guest. Always nice to know when we succeeded. Kind regards, Maicke Andresen Hostel Manager

Good quality hostel, nice facilities and quite modern. Staff were great and the breakfast is tasty.

I liked the atmosphere, like staying in a college dorm. This place has so much such as a kitchen, fridges for cold food storage, dining room, entertainment, info for things to do and hot water for shower. It was my first time staying at a hostel and I enjoyed it very much. I would stay here again.

• 15th Dec 2014

Staff needs to be more welcoming and just seem like they care about their customers.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

it's a very old hostels. the facilites are getting worn off. the bathroom, carpet and bed sheets can be cleaner.

The facilities particularly the kitchen are great! Friendly and helpful staff. I would definitely stay there again.