HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

Was very pleasantly surprised by the quiet of my room – the hostel itself seemed noiseless, and the neighborhood also seemed noise free. Very restful. My bed was also was also very comfortable.

Excellent wifi connection & location was on point. Room had an old cigarette odour lingering which was gross. Also the extra charge for not becoming a "member" was off-putting.

I was graciously welcomed and served and enjoyed the low key atmosphere of the hostel. Have been before and will return again.

Very cool facility and breakfast was great.

• 13th Apr 2015

A very safe economical spot for my 2,2 year old daughter and myself. Pops had the lower bunk with more space. Room was clean, mattresses comfortable. I would stay there again !

• 10th Apr 2015

Great hostel and even better location- close to the beach and downtown without having that big noise from the city. The room and the bathroom were clean and compfi. Just the noise from other rooms can be heard pretty easily. Great choice of breakfast and huge and clean kitchen. We will be back in May.

Everything was extremely old - the mattress, carpets, sheets. The women's washroom across the hall was also creepy, as it was very old and abandoned since we were the only ones in that area. It felt like I was in a modern day version of the movie Psycho. I've stayed in many hostels and this was the only one that creeped me out. The cleaner poked his head into our room even though we had hung a "do not disturb" sign and I yelled at him to not come in. Not cool.

1 2 Next » last »