HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

Hostel is good, comfortable and the staff are super helpful. But i've literally used better wifi in a 3rd world country.

Wifi only worked in communal area so I moved to a new hostel

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel.quiet. wifi didnt work much. Tv room didnt work at all. But I'd stay again.

We Love this hostel. I have been here four times so far.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Our stay here was only OK. First off, it got off to a rocky start since the price they advertise at the time that we made our booking is evidently only valid for fee-paying members of Hostel International. When we actually checked in they asked for significantly more. I'm not sure if this is even legal on this site, but at best it's disingenuous. Also the door to our private room was left completely open by the cleaning staff. TWICE. Same day. But at least that emptied the garbage.

The hostel was fine, but I got locked out of my room because the key lock system on the door failed. I had to leave Vancouver by 11:30am on Sunday to catch my bus, but couldn't get into my room until 11:10am. The hostel paid for my taxi ride, but I didn't make it to the bus terminal on time and missed my bus to Seattle.

• 13th Jun 2014

Staff are extremely helpful. Great hostel. Definitely staying here again

Wifi was down for about three quarters of my stay, men's bathroom had a fair bit of mould. Staff seemed disinterested and did the bare minimum. Breakfast each morning was pretty good, but I won't be back if I'm in Vancouver.

I enjoyed my stay in HI-Vancouver Downtown. It is a nice and quiet place to sleep.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Kenya

Standard hostel, internet doesn't work half the time. Location is really good though.

Overall Vancouver is a lovely city and I had a wonderful time there. The hostel was just like any other general hostel. The breakfast bar was great and there is tons of space to hang and meet new people. But unfortunatelly the wi-fi did not work for the two days my friend and I stayed there...which kind of left me a bit disoriented because we had to walk to different coffee shops and trying to find wi-fi there to be able to get in touch with our friends we were meeting.

No WIFI at all during the 3 days I stayed, unacceptable.

Really, the only down side to this hostel is the wifi - if you will have need of it while you're staying you'll have to go to Starbucks down the road. It's fairly hit and miss, then it was out completely for 3 days while I was there. Everything else about this hostel is really good though

There is almost nice. However, I couldn't connect the internet during my stay. I hope it will be fine.

• 20th May 2014
  • Japan

Clean hostel, fantastic location, good breakfast, safe & secure. I was a female solo traveller &felt very comfortable at this hostel. It is large & a lot of families and groups stay at this hostel. The hostel organises a lot of activities, some were cancelled though. I would stay here again when in Vancouver.

• 20th May 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights. Staff during the day was really nice and helpful. We chose a private room that was ok. Could be a little bit more cheerful and the mattress was really hard. Seems like that it isn't possible that 3 persons take a shower at the same time. Breakfast was good they had always enough and you can choose what to eat. If you have the time sign in for one of Eriks tours they are awesome.

• 18th May 2014

Not too bad, it's a huge hostel, the staff are friendly, the facilities are ok, the building is a bit old. Internet is terrible but other than that it was great!

Great location and really clean.

Great well-run secure place with friendly and helpful staff. Very clean and good complimentary breakfast.

great location- right by davie st and english bay and close enough to downtown and even broadway. staff was very nice and the room was not excellent but good enough - great value for money and great location!