HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

Perfectly located, everything walking distance or easily accessible by bus or bike. Nice neighbourhood in the gay-friendly west end, near restaurants/shops/pubs plus English Bay and the seawall. Granville Is. & Kitsilano only a short water taxi away. Staff were very friendly, always someone at the desk to help you out. Everything was secure and clean, hot showers, fresh towels & a good breakfast. Rooms got v hot but it was middle of summer! Quieter crowd - the party kids are at Granville st ;)

Lots of food for breakfast, clean rooms (we stayed in 2), clean bathrooms. Close to everything we needed! Although it was very busy, there are plenty of rooms and common areas to 'chill'. Very very nice and friendly staff - always helpful - we even extended our stay! Thanks again for lots of support!! Prices are still high but we got a lot in return!!

Great location to Stanley park and the Granville Island boat station. Short walk to Canada place which offers free shuttles to certain places of interest. My room was quite hot but not so much that it was too uncomfortable - I just slept without a duvet.

Friendly helpful staff Informative, patient, Very Buys but Still polite with everyone.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff were lovely and very helpful the breakfast was amazing and the showers were hot. Place felt sightly run down but this was made up for by the nice atmosphere

I noticed complaints about wifi, but I think those people may not have anything to compare it to. I was originally in town for a conference and stayed in a high end hotel that had basic internet for free or upgrade for $20/day. For a $250/night room the wifi was only ok in the lobby or I had to stand at the door of the hotel room to get bad reception. The wifi at this hostel was meant for email or maps and that's about it - but that's very reasonable for $40/night - love this hostel-great job!!!

• 11th Jul 2014

Everything is find, except the internet is not working in room, but it's acceptable for me.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Very nice large kitchen. Rooms were pretty hot at night. Great location and very clean.

Hice hotel, but could be cleaner. Staff is nice.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Great staff, awful wifi; I've used better wifi in a third world country.

The place has just a great atmosphere, by far the best hostel to stay at in calgary if you want to meet new friends or see the nightlife.

• 25th Jun 2014

Super nice staff helped with everything! In the evenings the kitchen is full of people cooking, just awesome. At night some people slammed doors at our floor, I was not bothered but my roommate was. So a bit loud, but then again, you get free ear plugs from the staff :) Also, TAKE ERIK'S TOUR of the Lynn canyon, he's super great!

Hostel is good, comfortable and the staff are super helpful. But i've literally used better wifi in a 3rd world country.

Wifi only worked in communal area so I moved to a new hostel

• 22nd Jun 2014