HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

No WIFI at all during the 3 days I stayed, unacceptable.

Really, the only down side to this hostel is the wifi - if you will have need of it while you're staying you'll have to go to Starbucks down the road. It's fairly hit and miss, then it was out completely for 3 days while I was there. Everything else about this hostel is really good though

There is almost nice. However, I couldn't connect the internet during my stay. I hope it will be fine.

• 20th May 2014
  • Japan

Clean hostel, fantastic location, good breakfast, safe & secure. I was a female solo traveller &felt very comfortable at this hostel. It is large & a lot of families and groups stay at this hostel. The hostel organises a lot of activities, some were cancelled though. I would stay here again when in Vancouver.

• 20th May 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights. Staff during the day was really nice and helpful. We chose a private room that was ok. Could be a little bit more cheerful and the mattress was really hard. Seems like that it isn't possible that 3 persons take a shower at the same time. Breakfast was good they had always enough and you can choose what to eat. If you have the time sign in for one of Eriks tours they are awesome.

• 18th May 2014

Not too bad, it's a huge hostel, the staff are friendly, the facilities are ok, the building is a bit old. Internet is terrible but other than that it was great!

Great location and really clean.

Great well-run secure place with friendly and helpful staff. Very clean and good complimentary breakfast.

great location- right by davie st and english bay and close enough to downtown and even broadway. staff was very nice and the room was not excellent but good enough - great value for money and great location!

The style and tone of this hostel is perfect for those wanting a low key experience, and Vanvcouver is big enough that it also offers a party crowd option at other hostels. This hostel gets top marks from me.

Always my default choice when staying in Vancouver, as its in a quiet part of the city, with quick and easy access to shops, restaurants, bars, and a supermarket. The breakfast is one of the most diverse and extensive ones I've ever had in a hostel!

1 2 3 Next » last »