HI-Vancouver Downtown Reviews

1114 Burnaby Street, Vancouver, Canada

Very nice large kitchen. Rooms were pretty hot at night. Great location and very clean.

Hice hotel, but could be cleaner. Staff is nice.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Great staff, awful wifi; I've used better wifi in a third world country.

The place has just a great atmosphere, by far the best hostel to stay at in calgary if you want to meet new friends or see the nightlife.

• 25th Jun 2014

Super nice staff helped with everything! In the evenings the kitchen is full of people cooking, just awesome. At night some people slammed doors at our floor, I was not bothered but my roommate was. So a bit loud, but then again, you get free ear plugs from the staff :) Also, TAKE ERIK'S TOUR of the Lynn canyon, he's super great!

Hostel is good, comfortable and the staff are super helpful. But i've literally used better wifi in a 3rd world country.

Wifi only worked in communal area so I moved to a new hostel

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice hostel.quiet. wifi didnt work much. Tv room didnt work at all. But I'd stay again.

We Love this hostel. I have been here four times so far.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Our stay here was only OK. First off, it got off to a rocky start since the price they advertise at the time that we made our booking is evidently only valid for fee-paying members of Hostel International. When we actually checked in they asked for significantly more. I'm not sure if this is even legal on this site, but at best it's disingenuous. Also the door to our private room was left completely open by the cleaning staff. TWICE. Same day. But at least that emptied the garbage.

The hostel was fine, but I got locked out of my room because the key lock system on the door failed. I had to leave Vancouver by 11:30am on Sunday to catch my bus, but couldn't get into my room until 11:10am. The hostel paid for my taxi ride, but I didn't make it to the bus terminal on time and missed my bus to Seattle.

• 13th Jun 2014

Staff are extremely helpful. Great hostel. Definitely staying here again

Wifi was down for about three quarters of my stay, men's bathroom had a fair bit of mould. Staff seemed disinterested and did the bare minimum. Breakfast each morning was pretty good, but I won't be back if I'm in Vancouver.

I enjoyed my stay in HI-Vancouver Downtown. It is a nice and quiet place to sleep.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Kenya

Standard hostel, internet doesn't work half the time. Location is really good though.

Overall Vancouver is a lovely city and I had a wonderful time there. The hostel was just like any other general hostel. The breakfast bar was great and there is tons of space to hang and meet new people. But unfortunatelly the wi-fi did not work for the two days my friend and I stayed there...which kind of left me a bit disoriented because we had to walk to different coffee shops and trying to find wi-fi there to be able to get in touch with our friends we were meeting.

No WIFI at all during the 3 days I stayed, unacceptable.

1 2 3 Next » last »