HI-Victoria Reviews

516 Yates Street, Vancouver Island, Victoria, Canada

The kitchen facilities were not very good. Although the door into the hostel was supposed to be opened only on presentation of slip of paper, the door was propped open on several occasions, so security felt poor. There seemed to be people asleep in the dorm so lights were off most of the time making visibility difficult. Although the location was quite good there were no shops close by to enable purchase of supplies if needed.

The helpful and friendly staff went a long way to a successful 2 day trip.

• 20th Aug 2014

The hostel was very clean and the man on reception was extremely helpfull and went out of his way to assist us. We thought the hostel has a very welcoming atmostphere.

• 20th Aug 2014

It was no respect and was so dirty

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Morocco

The front desk folks were great!

• 11th Aug 2014

Great hostel

They made 2 booking mistakes, so they put s in different rooms. Not our fault. One outlet per dorm. One employee was very rude to us. When I said ''hi, do you have a map of the city'' he first answered me with ''dont worry about me, im fine''.... Im not a native speaker and never greet with '' how are you', neither do other foreigners because this type of greeting only exists in english. I experienced his answer as very rude.

The Hostel was really goode one of the best I stayed in till yet. Even the dorm sleeping room was really nice. The only thing was the wifi did not really work. But i would totally recommend this hostel.

Just on the dorm that we were in, there was no door, just a curtain - would prefer a secondary door, other than that the hostel is lovely, great staff and a great location.

Nice hostel with comftable beds and good location!

Friendly staff and good location. Nice place to stay :D

Only complaint is the huge dorm but I was only there 1 night so it wasn't a big deal

Staff friendly and helpful, kept hostel very clean. Only lack of parking was an issue. Thanks

• 19th Jun 2014

Wonderful staff, great central location.

• 1st Jun 2014

Very helpful staff at the front desk. Thank you.

• 22nd May 2014

I had a terrific time visiting Victoria and staying at HI-Victoria for three nights. The only thing I wanted was a nice comfortable couch next to the window in the women's D dorm to read on in the evenings (against the wall and not in the fire lane to the men's dorm.) Otherwise, I loved the staff and the facilities. Thank you!!

• 9th May 2014

A very pleasant stay at this hostel in Victoria that I would recommend to anyone (the city, and the place !). The staff was very friendly, the dorms were clean and nicely arranged. The only problem I had was with the showers, which had no hot water twice in my 5-day stay (for an unknown reason).

The kitchen is rubbish and needs a massive overhaul you would be better off cooking on a camp fire, all the utensels are cr#p.

Centrally located within in the heart of Victoria, so a great place to be if you want to close to its urban charms. Friendly committed staff!