HI-Victoria Reviews

516 Yates Street, Vancouver Island, Victoria, Canada

The helpful and friendly staff went a long way to a successful 2 day trip.

• 20th Aug 2014

The hostel was very clean and the man on reception was extremely helpfull and went out of his way to assist us. We thought the hostel has a very welcoming atmostphere.

• 20th Aug 2014

It was no respect and was so dirty

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Morocco

The front desk folks were great!

• 11th Aug 2014

Great hostel

They made 2 booking mistakes, so they put s in different rooms. Not our fault. One outlet per dorm. One employee was very rude to us. When I said ''hi, do you have a map of the city'' he first answered me with ''dont worry about me, im fine''.... Im not a native speaker and never greet with '' how are you', neither do other foreigners because this type of greeting only exists in english. I experienced his answer as very rude.

The Hostel was really goode one of the best I stayed in till yet. Even the dorm sleeping room was really nice. The only thing was the wifi did not really work. But i would totally recommend this hostel.

Just on the dorm that we were in, there was no door, just a curtain - would prefer a secondary door, other than that the hostel is lovely, great staff and a great location.

Nice hostel with comftable beds and good location!

Friendly staff and good location. Nice place to stay :D

Only complaint is the huge dorm but I was only there 1 night so it wasn't a big deal

Staff friendly and helpful, kept hostel very clean. Only lack of parking was an issue. Thanks

• 19th Jun 2014

Wonderful staff, great central location.

• 1st Jun 2014

Very helpful staff at the front desk. Thank you.

• 22nd May 2014

I had a terrific time visiting Victoria and staying at HI-Victoria for three nights. The only thing I wanted was a nice comfortable couch next to the window in the women's D dorm to read on in the evenings (against the wall and not in the fire lane to the men's dorm.) Otherwise, I loved the staff and the facilities. Thank you!!

• 9th May 2014

A very pleasant stay at this hostel in Victoria that I would recommend to anyone (the city, and the place !). The staff was very friendly, the dorms were clean and nicely arranged. The only problem I had was with the showers, which had no hot water twice in my 5-day stay (for an unknown reason).

The kitchen is rubbish and needs a massive overhaul you would be better off cooking on a camp fire, all the utensels are cr#p.

Centrally located within in the heart of Victoria, so a great place to be if you want to close to its urban charms. Friendly committed staff!

Unlike what other reviews says there was no homeless and/or drunk people while we stayed at this hostel. Male dorm is 40 beds separated in blocks of 4 bunk beds. It can be noisy at night because of snoring people, etc. and at some occasions it smelt weed and alcohol.... Bathrooms are rather clean. Don't expect to have a lot of intimacy here. The staff was nice and helpful. However we didn't met a lot of people, and most of the customers were over 35-40 years old, which was quite weird for us..

• 7th Mar 2014