HI-Victoria Reviews

516 Yates Street, Vancouver Island, Victoria, Canada

The hostel seemed to be a place for homeless people (Starting for the staff). I had 3 people just in my space who were crazy and dirty (Bad smelling), they were talking to yourself, another was walking around inside the hostel in circle and watching the wall for a couple of minutes. The hostel hadn't atmosphere, mainly old people with problems.

Great place, feel home I like the huge sleeping room

Excellent location, comfortable room, enough showers and toilets, nice staff and bikes are locked up inside. No complaints at all!

Hope ope there can be a small lamp for each bed in the dorms, and maybe more sockets...

• 16th Sep 2014
  • China

We were in a large dorm. We used earplugs to sleep because out of 20-30 people a few are snoring loudly during the night. A lot of old people stayed at that hostel. The staff was very friendly and the kitchen good equipped.

The kitchen facilities were not very good. Although the door into the hostel was supposed to be opened only on presentation of slip of paper, the door was propped open on several occasions, so security felt poor. There seemed to be people asleep in the dorm so lights were off most of the time making visibility difficult. Although the location was quite good there were no shops close by to enable purchase of supplies if needed.

The helpful and friendly staff went a long way to a successful 2 day trip.

• 20th Aug 2014

The hostel was very clean and the man on reception was extremely helpfull and went out of his way to assist us. We thought the hostel has a very welcoming atmostphere.

• 20th Aug 2014

It was no respect and was so dirty

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Morocco

The front desk folks were great!

• 11th Aug 2014

Great hostel

They made 2 booking mistakes, so they put s in different rooms. Not our fault. One outlet per dorm. One employee was very rude to us. When I said ''hi, do you have a map of the city'' he first answered me with ''dont worry about me, im fine''.... Im not a native speaker and never greet with '' how are you', neither do other foreigners because this type of greeting only exists in english. I experienced his answer as very rude.

The Hostel was really goode one of the best I stayed in till yet. Even the dorm sleeping room was really nice. The only thing was the wifi did not really work. But i would totally recommend this hostel.

Just on the dorm that we were in, there was no door, just a curtain - would prefer a secondary door, other than that the hostel is lovely, great staff and a great location.

Nice hostel with comftable beds and good location!

Friendly staff and good location. Nice place to stay :D