HI - Washington DC Hostel Reviews

1009 11th Street, NW Washington, Washington DC, USA

This place is fantastic, well located, close to everything, The late night desk lady was absolutely polite and fun. I will recomend to all my friends.

I enjoyed my stay in Washington's HI Hostel. Very nice staff, many things are included. The only thing I didn't find so good is that air condition was not controllable. Every 20 min. AC is heating the room fully for one minute, even at night.

• 25th Feb 2015

I was really disappointed with my stay in HI DC Hostel this time due to missing closed library or room for study or work. That is why I failed my exams. Previously you had small one, but you've already removed it to an open area. To have at least one closed room I think is the main factor in hosteling. Then bed light was not working. Also water taps is the way for spreading out bacteria and getting people to be infected with deceases. I would highly recommend you change this taps for other types

Great hostel, friendly staff, clean rooms and safe! Location not too far from the Mall. Just the bathrooms were not my favourites : showers only separated by curtains, toilets were very American (large bottom gap and side gaps). I prefer more privacy. However, I would surely stay here again!

Really good hostel however feels a little like a hotel, hasn't got the most homely atmosphere but if that's not what your looking for it is great, value, has a brilliant location and the staff are really friendly and helpful x

• 15th Feb 2015

Very cold in the rooms-not possible to control temperature in the room. We reserved double bed but got bunk bed. Elevator was not working we need to walk to the 8th floor. Tap in the bathroom was useless. Staff was nice and location is good. It would be good idea to extend breakfast time.

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Slovenia

This was my FIRST time in a hostel much to the demise of my mother's state of mind. HOSTELS ALL THE WAY! As long as I find one as fun and energetic, clean, well equipped, patience, and personalized as this HI Washington. The desk staff was patient and kind as I asked so many questions, Breakfast John was FREAKING AMAZING, the people I met were understanding and animated and I almost considered my time in the hostel the vacation instead of the actual city! Highly Recommended

• 30th Jan 2015

Included breakfast is as great as everyone says in their reviews. Kitchen facilities were also fantastic. Bathrooms however were a bit old and dirty. I stayed for 6 days and every single night there was no hot water in the showers. Which is particularly bad in the middle of winter! Rooms were okay, a bit cold but there are plenty of extra blankets available which was good. Social nights were good too.

Terrible value of money. There were no hot water for one day and the staff sad it was normal due the high usage. Every hostel must know its own necessities to support the demand. Moreover it is not aloud to drink alcohol in the hostel. Be aware when you are going to DC because it is also not aloud to drink in the streets and the pubs are expensive.

super hostel! awesome tours for free

Great staff, helpful, efficient and smiley!!! Room was ok, clean linen but small bed... Great breakfast included!

It is a good hostel, but I think they should have done more activities to get people together. Falicities are clean and it has a really good breakfast.

The elevator was broken, the beds were thin and uncomfortable.

Nice, clean hostel. I had a room facing 11th street and there's a bus stop right outside the front door, so it could be noisy at times from people waiting for the bus. Nothing ear plugs couldn't block out. One of the roommates snored BIG TIME (ear plugs did not block out), which was really annoying, but I guess that kind of thing happens.

The staff was very helpful, and I had a great stay. There was a very strong smell in the restrooms that I did not like. Other than that, everything was great.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • India

Don't really understand how they can get away with charging a $3 per day "non HI member" fee even though they're was no mention of this during the booking process. Also, this was the only place I've even been where they charged me for storing my bags for a few hours between checking out and leaving for my flight ($4!!!). Bit of a racket really!

keep going!

Need to fix the elevator

The location is nice, however its more than 3 blocks from a metro stop which is dangerous if you are out late. My only complain is the how the staff was not very welcoming. Right before i checked out, a girl was trying to get a refund for being put in the wrong room, and having to move around bed at 2 a.m, and hardly sleep sleeping because of it, and the front desk lady was very aggressive, rude and unprofessional. Wouldn't recommend it, or stay here again.

Great location, breakfast, and room structure. I was i 7th floor, and the cleaning and towel changing happened only once because the difficulty to arrive in our floor (they do not have elevator! so it was terrible to carry our stuff to last floor). Location is perfect, you can do almost everything by foot. The breakfast is pretty good!! Enjoy this! The staff is so so, not so helpful and so friendly. The room was excellent, with microwave over, mini fridge, good bed, mirrors and bathroom in.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4