HI - Washington DC Hostel Reviews

1009 11th Street, NW Washington, Washington DC, USA

super hostel! awesome tours for free

Great staff, helpful, efficient and smiley!!! Room was ok, clean linen but small bed... Great breakfast included!

It is a good hostel, but I think they should have done more activities to get people together. Falicities are clean and it has a really good breakfast.

The elevator was broken, the beds were thin and uncomfortable.

Nice, clean hostel. I had a room facing 11th street and there's a bus stop right outside the front door, so it could be noisy at times from people waiting for the bus. Nothing ear plugs couldn't block out. One of the roommates snored BIG TIME (ear plugs did not block out), which was really annoying, but I guess that kind of thing happens.

The staff was very helpful, and I had a great stay. There was a very strong smell in the restrooms that I did not like. Other than that, everything was great.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • India

Don't really understand how they can get away with charging a $3 per day "non HI member" fee even though they're was no mention of this during the booking process. Also, this was the only place I've even been where they charged me for storing my bags for a few hours between checking out and leaving for my flight ($4!!!). Bit of a racket really!

keep going!

Need to fix the elevator

The location is nice, however its more than 3 blocks from a metro stop which is dangerous if you are out late. My only complain is the how the staff was not very welcoming. Right before i checked out, a girl was trying to get a refund for being put in the wrong room, and having to move around bed at 2 a.m, and hardly sleep sleeping because of it, and the front desk lady was very aggressive, rude and unprofessional. Wouldn't recommend it, or stay here again.

Great location, breakfast, and room structure. I was i 7th floor, and the cleaning and towel changing happened only once because the difficulty to arrive in our floor (they do not have elevator! so it was terrible to carry our stuff to last floor). Location is perfect, you can do almost everything by foot. The breakfast is pretty good!! Enjoy this! The staff is so so, not so helpful and so friendly. The room was excellent, with microwave over, mini fridge, good bed, mirrors and bathroom in.

The elevator was broken which made it very difficult to get to the higher floors (7-floor building).

No Lift working!!

Good place at a good price

Great free tours and awesome breakfast.

Hostel has everything you could need - the location is within walking distance of all the big sights. Rooms were comfortable, breakfast was nice, and there are daily events and tours to join.

We were greeted by enthusiastic front desk staff who quickly assigned our room/beds. There was remodeling on the main floor for the first few days of our stay, so we couldn't use some of the facilities. The elevator was very SLOW! The beds (and pillows) were uncomfortable-I have stayed here before on lower floors and don't recall such a hard bed! However, overall we had a good stay and would recommend this hostel for its friendly and helpful staff, location, and value.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Had an excellent stay in a 10 bed dorm room....location is excellent, breakfast was good...staff are friendly especially John the breakfast dude...make sure you know a good morning in another language :)....it was clean with good facilities. The elevator definitely needs work, loved washington and would defo stay here again :)

Great location and stuff. The breakfast is awesome! Definitely choose here.

Not the worst hostel I've stayed in. It was a mostly decent experience. The shower room & toilets weren't the best. There were only 2 toilets per floor & only 3 showers per floor. Also the lift was at best slow, & at worst not functioning at all. This was annoying when staying on the 7th floor.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5