HI - Washington DC Hostel Reviews

1009 11th Street, NW Washington, Washington DC, USA

Like most HI hostels, well designed - bed light w/power plugs and shelf, 10 bed dorms designed for reasonable amount of privacy, commercial-style kitchen. Soap/paper towels/towels/shampoo included. Extremely clean. Laundry only $1 to wash & $1 to dry. Like most HI, not super social atmosphere. Main downsides: luggage storage consists of lockers for $4 (seems a lot) and internet very slow in the evening (presumably when lots of people are on it) making it, at times, basically unusable! Recommend!

Quit hot in the room The facilities a little old

This place was a great start to my trip. The breakfast is great and being around John first thing in the morning will put a smile on anyone's face. Good location, about 20 min walk from the Mall. There was only one staff member who wasn't helpful and a little rude but all the others are awesome. Beds are squeaky but pretty comfy. I had a lot of street noise, my bed was next to a window on the 5th floor and I woke everyday at 5.30am. Tip: take the stairs, the lift is really slow!!

Perfect location, nice free activities everyday and a good breakfast. The ony problem is that the lockers aren't so big and sometimes the door doesn't close and anyone can go to your room, but luckly nothing happend while i was there!

We had an unpleasant incident at Hi Hostels. We left behind a pair of boots and instead of the staff being helpful and returning it to us, it was quite confusing and troublesome. We eventually said that we would have to call the police to help us get the boots back and all of a sudden the boots reappeared.

• 26th Sep 2014

A very enjoyable stay. Helpful and friendly staff made our stay comfortable and relaxing.

It's so stupid that they charge you money to store your luggages before you check in or after you check out. No other hostels do that. Breakfasts are pretty nice tho. Elevator is slow as hell. I lived in room 806 and the air conditioner was soooo loud that I couldn't sleep whole night. They said that they can't turn it off. The bathroom always has dirty hair. It's gross. They need to replace the water nob with the running ones not those with limited water coming out every time you press it.

A most enjoyable stay at this very well located and friendly hostel.

The keycards to our room stopped working twice but otherwise the hostel is very good - close to Metro and Circulator, good facilities, free breakfast.

Really easy to walk to the main attractions and in a safe place, but with poor atmosphere. Not a nice place if you`re travelling on your own and planning on meeting new people, but a good option if you have your own group.

• 21st Sep 2014

This is a very good hostel. It's very well organized, cleaned and all the staff was very nice and helpful. The guy at the breakfast (I forgot his name) was great! Everyday he asked for "good morning" in other language than English and was always careful not to leave anyone alone at the breakfast table!

• 19th Sep 2014

Facility was great and very friendly. I do not remember the name of the girl, but she had red hair and enjoy to walk in the sundown at the national mall (I read it from at the front desk). She was very helpful, and nice. I enjoyed everything, the location, price, and atmosphere.

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

Great location and facilities but people didn't feel that chatty . Guess it depends on the crowd. Free break fast was great and would definitely stay again/ recommend

Very nice hostel in the heart of downtown DC. All the major sights are just a walk away. We were suprised how big our room was. Had a great stay there and can definitely recommend this hostel!

It is a good hostel. It is downtown and you can walk everywhere. You can save money. They do a lot of activities that you can meet people. I did one and it was awesome. I recommend the hostel, but it is not a quit hotel room. But good for young people they want to meet people and save money.

• 8th Sep 2014

Very large place. Clean and 6 minute walk to the White House. The books make for great privacy, but there is not as much socialization as other hostels. All the staff are good, but they should try talking a bit slower, especially when many visitors are limited to their understanding of English . No issue for me, but others were frustrated and confused. It's like that other places too, so don't turn away based on that.

• 7th Sep 2014

Nice and friendly staff. Very old and scary elevator. Noisy rooms.

• 5th Sep 2014

A great place to stay convenient to all attractions, get a capital bike on the street nearby to get downtown really convenient. Hostel has gopod atmosphere met some great people on the roof terrace ended up with a great night out

The place is good in general, but has one attribute that makes it quite good. The breakfast attendant is surprisingly dedicated to his work, funny and a icebreaker in meeting fellow travellers. GIVE THAT MAN A RAISE!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4