HI - Washington DC Hostel Reviews

1009 11th Street, NW Washington, Washington DC, USA

location is conveninent, staff are nice,more important the belief is good : we are all glad to help young people to explore the world

• 13th Jun 2015
  • China

I arrived and the girl at the counter did not even bother to welcome me or check me in. An other girl had to come to do so. The air-condition in the room was very cold. Even after asking to turn the temperature up. The dorm was tidy with a lot of space. The breakfast in the morning looked great, although I could not eat there since I am gluten allergic. The neighborhood was quiet and not to far from everything.

• 12th Jun 2015

The beds are noisy

Good location for sightseeing. The bathroom could have been cleaner, there was hair in the drains but it served the purpose. The breakfast host was a little imitating, especially by demanding a good morning in another language. Overall, the hostel was good but looked a little tired.

• 12th Jun 2015

Breakfast was very good and you cannot beat the location. I had a very satisfactory stay.

I had a blast. The staff was kind and entertaining, extremely helpful. You deserve an A+ in hospitality.

Changed our booking so we had to check out and check back in half way through our short stay, meaning from 11am-3pm no access to room or facilities which was inconvenient but made worse by the fact no one could really tell us why our booking was changed and there was no apology given for the inconvenience. In addition to that one of our chargers went missing after only the cleaners had been in our dorm, nothing was handed in to lost property and the staff we're not helpful.

• 8th Jun 2015

I loved everything in general but it was very hard to sleep. The air conditioning would turn on an off every 5 minutes and it made a lot of noise. First it would go like boom! Then for 5min. It would vibrate against the wall making this awful noise. That every 5 min. I only stayed 1 night so did not have chance to see if it was fixable. But hope it does.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

I felt a little bit unconfortable going out and there were always 1-3 homeless people directly in front of the door. I think it would be good changing the WiFi password sometimes. Some people are sitting in front of the door, using the WiFi.

I loved my stay the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the food was great. Plus I even got a banana at check in. Who doesn't love bananas?

• 5th Jun 2015

Very average. Bit pricy for what was offered but served the purpose.

• 31st May 2015
  • Wales

Probably the best hostel of the Capital Many school groups in weekdays, when it's better to have breakfast after 8,30- A lot of activities but wifi is slow and internet is not free.

I think it's a nice hostel. My second stay there. I hope that there would be more activities like tours, etc.

• 24th May 2015

The Hostel was good and in a fairly good location. The included breakfast was great and the atmosphere there created by the breakfast man was so much fun! However the mattress was super uncomfortable, the lift was a nightmare and the schools kids playing around on it didn't make it any faster! I ended up taking the stairs up and down to level 5 most times.

Probably the best hostel of the town,with a lot of services (but wifi is slow),good safety,breakfast and kitchen. If you arrive con greyhound and megabus, take the comutator to Georgetown inside the bus station.

Everything about this hostel was above expectations. Our floor was full of students, yet we did not have any issues with using the shared facilities. Breakfast was a bonus and John made everyone feel welcome. The kitchen and dining room was the best set up we have ever come across, and we have used hostels all over the world.

Great hostel! I recommend.

• 17th May 2015
  • China

Bathroom was small and not clean. Rooms were good size and the beds surprisingly comfortable. Was surprised that we had to buy a lock for the in-room locker. Hostel was very noisy - neighboring rooms were playing music loudly.

Cold showers in the morning if you get up too early. Do you turn the water temp down at night? Other than that, a pretty good spot and a great deal.

• 11th May 2015

We had a good stay and met some great people. Very friendly and helpful staff at a clean and efficient hostel very well located for the major attractions of Washington.

« first « Prev 1 2 3