HI - Washington DC Hostel Reviews

1009 11th Street, NW Washington, Washington DC, USA

Very good hostel. Perfect location . The tour guide of Georgetown tour was excellent. Breakfast could be bigger or different from time to time.

It was nice to stay here. It was cleand and staffs were kind. I think it could be better I could have a chance to join more variety activities but there were not that many because it was holiday week.

There wasn't enough things going on in the three days I was there and never got told where to sign up for anything or given much help when I first arrived! Hostel was very safe and clean though (: I would go back.

Everything was good!!

It's really close to the metro station!! The staff was really nice and friendly!!! I would go back there!!

The HI was great! There was more than enough breakfast, the wifi was quick enough to Skype, the lockers were large enough for most big luggage, the staff were super accommodating, and the location is awesome! Three blocks from the metro, but don't use it, because everything on the Mall is just a short walk away from the hostel! The kitchen is extremely well equipped too, so be sure to buy some food at the grocery store to make an affordable city even cheaper! I'll definitely be back!

Excellent facilities and location was great. Very large hostel which for individuals may/may not be an issue.

Large hostel in a very central location. Good breakfast. A drawback is that this is one of a relatively few hostels out there that forces you to pay to store luggage after checkout. Otherwise would definitely recommend it.

Hugely recommended, best hostel I've been too!

• 10th Aug 2014

Staff weren't the friendliest but they did their best to help, the breakfast was just milk and carbs, although location wise it is close to Chinatown, the metro, White House, and the natl mall. Taxes were already included

I found the staff from the time i checked in to the the time that I left very helpful nd courteous. The building was in very good condition, clean and tidy. The breakfast was good and the staff member supervising was very humurous and welcoming which added to the friendly atmosphere. Unfortunately one of my belongings containing personal information went missing. I contacted a senior member of staff, Emily Reid who could not have been more helpful in reuniting me with my property. Thx Hotelworld

• 4th Aug 2014

It would be better to change taps in bathrooms with laser ones. It is very bad for our health because of bacteria accumulated on push buttons. Also elevator needs to be replaced.

They offer nice activities, where easily meet other hostellers and which are fun. The price for the hostel is pretty much ok, although the building and the facilities are bit older. Since the hostel is directly at a rather busy street during the night it can be a bit loud. Breakfast is good. 24h reception

I stayed at 4 different HI Hostels in the US and this was by far the worst one. Mattresses are too thin so you have a bar sticking in your back, turbulent air conditioning, on off on off, hot cold hot cold, hard to sleep. Staff might recommend you to go to Bolt burgers down the road, DO NOT GO TO BOLT BURGERS. Only one elevator and it is the worlds slowest. To their credit they did organise decent events and tours and the staff were quite friendly.

Had a great stay! Staff were nice and helpful, rooms were clean and it was easy to find even though it was a ten minute straight walk from Metro Station. But overall, great stay! Definitely will be back if I go to DC.

I couldn't get breakfast and the bathroom was so dirty. It made me feel so unconfortable and bad.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Japan

Within walking distance of all the main attractions, staff are friendly and helpful.

The location is excellent. Loads within walking distance. The subway is also a short walk away with a direct journey to the airport or main train station. Washing facilities are good here and the breakfast guy, John, puts a smile on your face every morning!

Sophie, thank you so much for your kind review! We are pleased to hear that our location and staff were able to make your stay here in Washington DC an enjoyable one! We look forward to your next stay with us. Safe travels- Dylan

Hostel is OK, quite old, but adequately maintained. Bathrooms need an upgrade. Otherwise clean & reasonably comfortable. In-room lockers were good (BIG!)

Robert, thank you for your review on our hostel. We appreciate your feed back, as it helps us to improve everyday. We apologize that our facilities did not appear to be up to par, we are currently working to improve our hostel in a variety of ways. We are pleased to hear that our lockers were able to make your stay with us a better one. Safe travels-Dylan

This is a good hostel and not as impersonal as other large HIs.

• 24th Jul 2014