HI - Washington DC Hostel Reviews

1009 11th Street, NW Washington, Washington DC, USA

The facilities are really fabulous! The only one thing to improve is the carpet in the room need to be clean cuz smell like my brother's socks.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

I had a good stay. I did not enjoy that the bathrooms were dark and that some toilets were broken. The staff were excellent; they allowed me to change my bed number without a problem, and the breakfast attendant was an awesome man, full of life! The bed was OK, the room stayed quiet (it was very noisy last time), and I liked that there was an outlet near the bed. The room also got plenty of natural sunlight.

Like most HI hostels, well designed - bed light w/power plugs and shelf, 10 bed dorms designed for reasonable amount of privacy, commercial-style kitchen. Soap/paper towels/towels/shampoo included. Extremely clean. Laundry only $1 to wash & $1 to dry. Like most HI, not super social atmosphere. Main downsides: luggage storage consists of lockers for $4 (seems a lot) and internet very slow in the evening (presumably when lots of people are on it) making it, at times, basically unusable! Recommend!

Quit hot in the room The facilities a little old

This place was a great start to my trip. The breakfast is great and being around John first thing in the morning will put a smile on anyone's face. Good location, about 20 min walk from the Mall. There was only one staff member who wasn't helpful and a little rude but all the others are awesome. Beds are squeaky but pretty comfy. I had a lot of street noise, my bed was next to a window on the 5th floor and I woke everyday at 5.30am. Tip: take the stairs, the lift is really slow!!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »