Fabulous 3,392 Total Reviews
Fabulous 3,392 Total Reviews
HI Washington DC Located at 1009 11th Street, NW Washington, Washington DC.
USA
Washington DC DC DC 20001 1009 11th Street, NW Washington
86% 3392
38.9028898 -77.0272493
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Apr 2016

Great location, very easy to get to from Union Station and the hostel is close to all the monuments and memorials. Comfy beds and it was all clean but the showers are rubbish! The staff on the reception desk were unfriendly and unhelpful. I arrived at 2:20pm and they said I couldn't check in until 3pm so I had to sit and wait in the lobby. I know this is a rule they have but when I stayed at HI NYC I was early to check in and they did not mind and let me go to my room and locker early.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
16th Apr 2016

Just a suggestion... Not sure if this was written somewhere but it should be a warning in the rooms saying to people leave their cellphones in silent. There was someone's phone ringing all night and morning , I didn't really sleep well.

• USA, Male, 41+
15th Apr 2016

I was impressed with the efficiency of the staff, the cleanliness of all of the facilities, and especially with the wonderful breakfast spread (and staff!)!!

15th Apr 2016

It was an awesome place to meet people all around the Globe!

• USA, Male, 18-24
12th Apr 2016

Stayed for one night with a friend and met some great people in my room of 8. Didn't need to lock up my stuff. The location wasn't close to the Capitol where our meeting was but was extremely close to the White House and the Washington Monument. The room was extremely clean and the bed were comfortable. The heat would blast in the middle of the night when it was already hot outside but that was ok. Breakfast had a lot of options and was really good. Bathroom was clean too.

12th Apr 2016
8.0

Although the price was alright, I can't believe how much they make for what they give you. 10 people crammed into a room and a bathroom down the hall for the whole floor. Not a nice bathroom. Staff were super friendly and helpful though.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
11th Apr 2016

I stayed for a couple of nights at HI Washington and have no complaints. The room and facilities were clean and well maintained. Being a large hostel, I thought the vibe was very clinical and slightly souless, but for a clean room in a good location it's not the end of the world.

5th Apr 2016

Incomparable location.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
30th Mar 2016
6.0

Quiet hostel after 11pm was not enforced.. Needed ear plugs to sleep. Clean & good location but if looking for good nights sleep don't stay here. Need a lock for lockers in the room & $4 for luggage storage in the basement. Free walking tour was cancelled without any notice as only 2 signed up.

Thank you for your review. Your comments help us make everyone's stay better. I'm sorry that you did not have a restful sleep, I know that is one of the most important parts of staying in a hostel. We do security walk throughs at night to enforce the quiet hours. If a guest comes with a noise complaint we take it very seriously. Also, I am very sorry that the tour was cancelled, that is most unfortunate. Best of luck with the rest of your travels! Hopefully you will give us a try on your next trip to Washington. Safe travels!

• England, Male, 18-24
29th Mar 2016

Nice hostel and convenient for the sights - clean, friendly people and staff - especially John at breakfast. Don't forget to keep your access document (which is an A4 document) as it turnrd out I needed it to enter the hostel which I only found out late in the visit.

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Our staff is usually very good about informing you about your access receipt because we know how necessary it is for entry into the building, I'm sorry you were not informed until later. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Washington DC! Safe travels!