HI Washington DC Reviews

1009 11th Street, NW Washington, Washington DC, USA

So worth the money!!!! Great value.

• 5th Feb 2016
  • rosal28

Wow! Thanks for the great review ! We're so happy that you really enjoyed your stay and look forward to you coming back on your next trip to DC!

Nice Hostel in Washington DC

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you will come stay with us on your next visit to Washington DC. Safe travels!

It was okay.

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. So happy you seemed to enjoy your stay for the most part, we hope you will come stay with us on your next visit to Washington DC. Safe travels!

Very nice place! Great location, breakfast is awesome. Definitely recommended.

Great hostel in a great location. Did the free walking tour around DC which was great, and also went to the free introductory dinner which was a good way to meet people. Only issue was a lady in our room was about 60 years of age, and appeared to not have showered, left her luggage all over the room, and really made our stay unpleasant. We did not want to return to our room because of the odour. Luckily the staff offered to move us, once we mentioned this. Would highly recommend this hostel!

Unfortunately I had an uncomfortable experience. Cold showers and (very) strange hostel roomies. The heater in the room had a mind of its own; I woke up to the room feeling way too hot and the heater dial wasn't too responsive, so it took way too long to change and cool down. I had to leave the room in the middle of the night to get some air. The place also didn't feel too clean and was a little smelly. And there were a mixed bag of creepy guests. I didn't enjoy my time there. Also quite pricey.

It was really nice staying with HI in DC. I went to some of the tours and I enjoyed it. It's a great offer for guests!

• 4th Jan 2016

Nice hostel. The layout is really good so that 10 bed dorm feels like 4 bed dorm. Breakfast is fine. But the elevator is really really slow. If you stay in the top floor, you'll wait forever to get up or down. And the heating facility in the room is so loud. I wole up many times in the night when it started to work. But overall this is a very satisfying one.

Thank you for your review and great feedback! It's really important to us to try and make everyone's stay better! We're working on the loud heating system. We hope you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Washington!

Awesome breakfast!

Thank you for your review and great feedback! It's really important to us to try and make everyone's stay better! We hope you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Washington! Glad you had a good time!

Even though I'm staying in a 10 female dorm, space is enough and I feel comfortable staying in the hostel. The location is good and it is a walking distance to the white house and some other spots. I would recommend this hostel.

Thank you for your review and great feedback! It's really important to us to try and make everyone's stay better! We hope you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Washington! Thanks for the recommendation! Safe travels!

We had a great stay here, and the staff were really helpful! The kitchen facilities are amazing, everything you need to make a good meal is available. The rooms are clean, comfy beds and large lockers! The rooms are quite narrow however. Unfortunately the female showers weren't working on our level so we had to go to another level to shower, bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner. Great vibe, great people and it was quiet between the quiet hours!

I loved all the activities organizated by the staff!!!

Thank you for your review and great feedback! It's really important to us to try and make everyone's stay better! We think our staff is great...glad you do too! We hope you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Washington!

The wifi was a little slow and the bathrooms very cold. Plus the heater/air conditioning system in the room was pretty loud. Otherwise, everything was great. The breakfast was really good and the staff very friendly.

I stayed in room 402. The AC was sooooo loud and made almost screaming noises every time it shut off and kicked on. I was up all night long.

Thank you for your review and your feedback! We are working on reducing the noise level from our heating units. Hopefully you'll stay with us again on your next visit to Washington!

Staff were great. Good atmosphere with everyone. Organised events and pool table to help people mingle with other travellers. Breakfast can get quite busy so make sure you don't miss out.

Thank you for your review and great feedback! It's really important to us to try and make everyone's stay better! You seem like you had like a really good time, we're glad! We hope you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Washington!

This hostel was so stuffy! We were sweating before we even left the building. Lift is slow. Included breakfast was pretty standard. Kitchen looked really good (although we didn't use it) Lockers are a good size for all your valuables, and it's in walking/metro distance to all the main sites. Lounge area also looked pretty great.

I believe the beds might be Tempur-pedic. Even if not they are super comfortable and the best I've been on in a hostel. It is a nice sized hostel and breakfast will fill you up! No drinking is allowed in the hostel, they do daily tours, and if you finish with you plates by 0930 a.m., they will do your dishes for you! Oh.. And ladies room 402 has an air conditioner or heater that makes a a loud pop sound when it turns off. But overall the place is very nice.

Thank you for your review and great feedback! It's really important to us to try and make everyone's stay better! We are working on improving our beds so we're happy you liked them! We hope you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Washington!

The location is great. Also thank you for the wonderful friendly staff. Especially John was great. (He was in the cafeteria) I wish I could have more time to stay in there. Thank you Hostelworld!!

The pool table needs a refurbishment. It is old for people to play on properly.

• 21st Dec 2015

Thank you for your review and great feedback! It's really important to us to try and make everyone's stay better! We'll have to look into getting our pool table improved. We hope you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Washington!

The location was really great and the staff was super friendly. I would definitely visit again, and I'll recommend this place to anyone interested in .

• 18th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

Thank you for your review and great feedback! It's really important to us to try and make everyone's stay better! We hope you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Washington! Thanks so much for the recommendation!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6