HI Washington DC

Fabulous 3872 Total Reviews
Fabulous 3872 Total Reviews

16th Mar 2017
8.0

The major issue that occurred this time is the noisy heater. It turned on and off with tremendous noise that really bothered me when sleeping. It's hard to fall asleep with that noise. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the room I stayed or it's a general issue. This is my second or third time staying at HI Washington. The location is great and the place is clean. I love the open space on the second floor. I like the place in general except for the heater.

• USA, Female, 18-24
15th Mar 2017

I would say it's not really good for solo travelers as a lot of the people in my room and around in the other rooms were over 50 and went to bed at 8pm. Also, there were lots of children just running around... So not a place for a 20 something traveler looking for a chat. Good place to lay your bed, the bed was extremely comfy! The bathroom was clean, the kitchen area was kept nice. I only had an issue with the wifi one time but overall a good connection!

14th Mar 2017

Amazing kitchen, breakfast was free and plentiful. Very friendly staff, and lots to do close by

10th Mar 2017
4.3

1. My room had a heating system inside that literally sounded like it was a demon from centuries past hurling itself at the wall to get in. It kept waking me up all night long. After a nine hour flight, that was just great. 2. I tried taking a shower in the dimly lit bathroom, and it was cold. No warm water though I let it run for ten minutes on all settings of the faucet. 3. When I checked out at 5:45 am, the clerk said the D.C. metro was open. It wasn't until 7 am I learned in the cold.

5th Mar 2017

We did not have hot water for the first night and the staff did not tell me before I checked in. Also the door sticks on the bathroom door, the 8th floor, and the other females would leave it opened when they entered or left, leaving the sink area exposed. Other than that, I had a wonderful time.

• sheetalsharma511
  • India, Female, 25-30
1st Mar 2017

Perfect location, and great atmosphere. Though lack of cleanliness in toilets was a bit of a problem.

Thank you so much for your review and feedback! We really appreciate your kind words. I am sorry that the toilet is a problem for you. Your comments are helpful to make everyone's stay better. Safe travels

• USA, Male, 25-30
22nd Feb 2017
7.7

The hostel itself was nice. However, the man in the bunk across from mine came in at 4pm a little drunk. He then began to tell his story; he was a local who recently lost his job, struggling to find another one, and was staying at the hostel for the time being. The man continued the story for quite some time with quite a bit of profanity included. The experience was a little unnerving.

Thank you so much for your honest review. I am so very sorry that you had such an uncomfortable experience in your room. We do have policies in place to keep local residents from staying with us, and uphold the ideals of hostelling. I will let our front desk staff know of the issue. Safe travels!

• England, Female, 18-24
21st Feb 2017

Really friendly hostel with very good facilities and close to all the main attractions in Washington. There are daily activities, ranging from pub trips, to walking tours, to comedy nights. Unfortunately my walking tour was cancelled on the night so I can't really comment on them!

21st Feb 2017
5.4

Good location, cheap and helpfull staff. I just stayed at Hi Boston before I came to this hostel and the quality is really different. The bathrooms are not clean and only two toilets for the whole floor, the shower also does not have a door only a curtain and its smelling in the bathrooms. Good and free breakfast, the bed was not that best

Thank you for your very honest feedback, it helps us to make everyone's stay better. Our location and our staff are two of our best features. We are continuously working on improving our facilities, thank you for your comments. Safe travels

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
18th Feb 2017

Great free breakfast, awesome location 10 min walk from Whitehouse, fantastic staff! Dry hostel i.e no alcohol allowed which could have improved the atmosphere