8.8
Fabulous 3,622 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 3,622 Total Reviews
HI Washington DC Located at 1009 11th Street, NW Washington, Washington DC.
USA
Washington DC DC DC 20001 1009 11th Street, NW Washington
88% 3622
38.9028898 -77.0272493
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 25-30
25th Sep 2016

Receptionist has very welcoming. Room was clean. Bathroom was clean. Reception immediately helpful when I locked myself out of my room...

21st Sep 2016
7.1

This is an alcohol free hostel. I would have not stayed there had I known that. I read many reviews and none of them mentioned that, and it was also not clearly stated in the website for the hostel either. The social events, breakfast, security, and cleanliness were good.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
21st Sep 2016

We had a fantastic time! The location was perfect - we were within a one mile walk of everything we wanted to see. Staff was super helpful and the common areas were relaxing.

• England, Male, 18-24
18th Sep 2016

This is a very nice hostel. It's close to the White House in an atmospheric location downtown. There are always good organised activities - such as pizza/games nights or tours, so it's a good place to socialise. It's big, but not crowded, and there's an eclectic mix of people. The common space is also good for this, and relaxing. Breakfast is okay - but as a buffet you can get your money's worth. Friendly staff. Good beds with efficient layout made for a good night's sleep. Great bathrooms!

• USA, Female, 18-24
14th Sep 2016

I was so pleased with my experience! It was my first time at a hostel and I was so surprised with the quality of everything. I will definitely be coming back.

• USA, Female, 18-24
14th Sep 2016

It was good, the matresses are very unconfortable and noisy..

12th Sep 2016
8.0

The location of this hostel is great and, for DC, the value is good. Compared to other hostels I've stayed at, though, there are a few areas for improvement: - The lockers were too expensive; provide an option to use your own lock please! - There was always hair in the showers and the sinks clogged during "rush hour"; 3 showers for 25+ people is also not great - The beds were VERY squishy and VERY squeaky - Only one slow elevator Overall, I'd recommend it - but just know it's not

11th Sep 2016
7.7

Great hostel. Would definitely recommend.

11th Sep 2016

Larger hostel with many rooms. Huge lockers (which is a plus) and in a pretty good location. Staff was helpful and the free breakfast was a nice touch. I didn't participate in any of the daily activities, but it seemed as if there was a pretty good amount.

Thanks for the note! We may have a large hostel, but we think that it's still inviting. :-) Glad you liked the location, breakfast, and especially the resplendent HI DC Team! Too bad you missed the free activities. They're all run by our amazing Volunteers. Maybe next time... ~ Mark

• realwilloman
  • England, Male, 31-40
8th Sep 2016

HI DC was my second HI hostel of the week and whilst vastly different from Boston there are certainly similarities. Good common areas, good kitchen with breakfast provided, an excellent host at breakfast to explain what to do. I met some good people who i will keep in touch with. The rooms are oldish looking but they do the job and the air con was badly needed as DC was 100 degrees all week. It's nice and close to two subway stations so you are close to hitting all the sites within minutes.