HI Washington DC Reviews

1009 11th Street, NW Washington, Washington DC, USA

Thanks, a very hard working staff.

• 15th Nov 2015

Thank you for your review and great feedback! It's really important to us to try and make everyone's stay better! We hope you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Washington!

I really enjoyed my stay there. Easy access, very friendly and willing to help staff (specially John from breakfast- he is a star!), comfortable bed and pillows and it is clean. I do recommend it.

I reported multiple problems to the front desk - room was hot and the wifi did not work on the 5th floor. However, in all but one case (out of at least five), the staff just responded that there was nothing they could do. The other girls in my room said that they had received similar responses any time they had asked for assistance. As I stayed for 4 nights, I thought the staff could have been more friendly rather than acting like I was just an inconvenience.

I wasn't expecting it to be literally one room with beds. I thought it would be like a little apartment with eight people, with common rooms all in the "apartment". I canc well cancelled my reservation

• 10th Nov 2015

Thank you for your review and great feedback! Sorry that we didn't exactly meet your expectations. We hope you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Washington, maybe a private room.

the staff is terrific, it's in a great location you can walk to a lot of locations or the metro is a few blocks away. I had a comfortable stay and will return to the hostel whenever I am in DC

This place was great. Everything was extremely clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful, the free breakfast was nice and the location was great. This is one of the best hostels I've ever been in.

One of my favourite hostels to stay at in the USA. John in the Breakfast area is a fantastic asset to the team and makes for a welcoming voice each morning.

Thank you for your review and great feedback! Glad you enjoyed your stay! It's really important to us to try and make everyone's stay better! We hope you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Washington!

I think it was a very good hostel, quite expensive though, rooms are very comfy staff are very friendly and good atmosphere, clean,

It should not be possible to check in to those arriving late as 2 am and disturb those who need rest and that is already in the room. It needs to improve power shower. the use of computers should be free. but how to explain ahead, he has more good things than bad and I would stay at the hostel again. DC will surprise you. will see the wizards

Thank you for your review and great feedback! It's really important to us to try and make everyone's stay better! We understand that it can be an inconvenience to guests, but because we try and accommodate all travelers, and sometimes they arrive late. Some of your other suggestions are already in progress! :-) We hope you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Washington!

For a big hostel, everything was managed really smoothly; from check in, to breakfast. The facilities were clean and the rooms were big enough to fit everyone's bags and lockers, etc. The only small piece of feedback from me, would be that my dorm room door was really sticky and would often take all of us in the room about 4 tries to get in. When we mentioned this to reception their response was that we were "doing it wrong". Not particularly helpful!

Good location in a nice area, easy to get to the attractions. Staff very friendly

The front desk staff was very professional, hospitable and up beat. However, the Woman who monitored and he dining hall wasn't very warm. She played music and vulgar YouTube videos on her phone. I was often uncomfortable in her presence.

• 24th Oct 2015

My only complete was that alcohol was prohibited... Why?

The staff were the weakness here - they didn't offer any useful advice or local knowledge when asked. The atmosphere was lacking and you have to pay to store your bags after / before being let into your rooms. The mattresses were really noisy - any small movement would wake the entire room. It was clean.

Excellent front desk staff and the staff during breakfast were the best. Made a very good experience for me.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Quick and easy check in and check out. Clean rooms. Good place to hang out down stairs. And a very good breakfast selection that is included with your fee. Wifi works well in the common room. And every bed has a little light and a plug by it. Even the top bunks.

One of the front desk staff gave us a couple extra Metro cards she had saving us from having to buy them. Very much appreciated!!!

I enjoyed my stay and would visit again. My only comment was that the sinks in the bathroom were cramped so that only 2 out of 3 could be used at the same time, and the shower took so long to warm up that I had a COLD shower the first day before someone tipped me off to wait for SEVERAL MINUTES for it to heat up. I appreciate that its a tall building, but I was only on 4th floor - wonder what it was like on 8th !

• 20th Oct 2015

Good location, very clean, had a very good free breakfast!! Only downfall was that we had to move rooms with one night left and I was traveling with another person and we were placed on separate bunk beds, which isn't too bad, except we had to leave at 4am and I felt bad that I had to wake the person below me when getting down from the top bunk, which wouldn't have happened if we were on the same bunk.

Stayed for just one night but enjoyed my stay. The staff were helpful and knowledgable about the area. Only slight downside for me was the location in regards to the tourist attractions. I found it tricky to get back after a day sight seeing but made it back eventually. Would still recommend it for value for money and a lovely breakfast.

View all Washington DC Hostels