HI Washington DC Reviews

1009 11th Street, NW Washington, Washington DC, USA

Good value for money

Thank you so much for your great review and comment! We really appreciate it! We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to Washington DC! Safe travels, Christina

I really liked my stay at the hostel. The place was very clean and I met a lot of friendly people. I stayed in the 10-bed room for two nights; in one of the nights the place was full, and in the other night there were 5 guys. Despite this, the room didn't seem crowded, and there was plenty of space for everybody. I had a locker for myself and the room was accessible only for people with the key card. I would definitely stay there again.

Thank you so much for your great review it was very helpful! We look forward to having you stay with us hopefully again on your next visit to DC! Safe travels, Christina

Very good breakfast. Hostel near the main monuments

Thank you so much for your great review and comments! We really appreciate it! We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to DC! Safe travels, Christina

My stay in this hostel was very good. The location is very convenient close go all the attractions and public transport facilities and all the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. The only negative was that the beds in my room were very loud and I wasn't able to close the window which made it cold at times. However I would highly recommend staying at his hostel.

Olivia Thank you so much for your great review and comments! We really appreciate it! We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to DC! Thanks for the recommendation Safe travels, Christina

Really liked my stay here. Very helpful staff. My first night there was a problem with the ac but after notification this was fixed immediately. My second night I had a problem with a roommate but Michelle at the reception desk let me switch rooms without any issues. So if you have a problem just let the staff know and they help you. Breakfast was decent enough. Rooms were nice. Location is good too, very walkable distance to metro and the sights. Would recommend.

The only real negative I have is the WiFi was really slow! I'd however definitely stay agaim

Thank you so much for your great review and comments! We really appreciate it! Yes the WiFi can be a point of contention for a lot of us, we are working on making it better. We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to DC! Safe travels, Christina

Everything was good. Breakfast man was a bit condersending at times. Wifi was a bit weak to watch videos or Netflix. But overall stay was great and I would stay there again.

Everything was excellent. I prefer comunication in English, please. Thx

• 14th Sep 2015

I think it is the best hostel that I have ever stay!!!

Great location, easy to get to, helpful staff - maps and sight seeing suggestions, clean and safe, breakfast was good.

I nearly got charged for a no show on the 8th of September. I had emailed the hostel the week before to inform them I would be arriving on the 9th September. The staff were initially unaware of my email & were going to change my booking from an 8 bunk room - stressful stuff when just arriving in a new city. I enjoyed the male staff member that was on the breakfasts during the week. Very helpful, liked his humour.

Best hostel I've been to. Very fun and clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitively stay there again.

Excellent service and a lovely hostel. Very friendly and keen to encourage tours and information. Great breakfast! Thanks very much!

• 8th Sep 2015

We were in a private room which was very basic and very overpriced for what you got. The matress and pillows had plastic covering (like the ones you use for bed wetting children?). You have to make your own bed and strip the sheets yourself. The hostel is old but was clean. The location is good however, you can walk to everything. Complimentary breakfast is simple but good.

A wonderful stuff Very good breakfast and lots of bananas that you can take whenever you want and as many as you want

Spent only one night here, but I was very pleased. I left my bag in the locker because of 3pm check in, which was a bit pricey ($4 before I could check in and another 4 after I had to check out), but the room was clean (got put in an 6-bed room, instead an 8 one, which is always a plus). Breakfast was yummy, staff very nice and helpful and location is awesome - close to a metro station with multiple lines and walking distance from the monuments and museums. 10 out of 10, would stay again.

You are excellent!

• 6th Sep 2015
  • China

Really great location, 10 minute walk from the White House, and then just a short walk to the other memorials etc. The beds were pretty comfortable and everything was clean. Wifi wasn't particularly good, which was slight irritating sometimes, but nothing major! Would definitely stay there again and recommend to anyone!

It's really nice and the staff here is awesome.Free breakfast here is also good.i will come back next time!

Love the free bananas and a great breakfast. Bathrooms be cleaner though - mostly girls' hair in drains etc, but hot weather so to be expected.

View all Washington DC Hostels