HI-Whiskey Jack (Yoho) Reviews

Yoho National Park, c/o Box 1358, Banff, Canada

Important to note that this is a wilderness hostel so there is no electricity (everything is powered by gas). There is a shared kitchen with a nicely sized dining area. Only thing for me was the water pressure. There's a very light trickle of water (but it's nice and hot!). The hostel is located right at the trail head for the Iceline Trail and across the street from Takakakaw Falls. Beautiful scenery, a warm bed, and very friendly staff (Alan was very helpful with tips and suggestions)

More of a rustic place. Feels a bit like going to camp! The place is closed from 10-5 so it's mainly intense hikers. Everyone was super friendly, the facilities were great. More for the outdoorsy type, not your typical hostel.

The hostel is a large wooden house with three dorm rooms and a large kitchen/eating room. All rooms, incl. kitchen, open to the porch of the house. The view from the porch is an incredibly beautiful view of Takakkaw Falls - great place to enjoy dinner or a drink. The bunk beds were three high, comfortable, and clean. The bathrooms in each dorm were surprisingly modern. There is hot water, but the water pressure is non-existant so you can't really enjoy it. The hostel should look into this.

Breathtaking views and a welcoming atmosphere at the hostel. Joel and Allan are wonderful hosts. We loved the view from the porch and the singing around the campfire in the evening. Our one suggested improvement would be a different source of light to replace the gas lamps. Thank you. Ingrid, Kathy and Konrad

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

BEAUTIFUL setting! nice camp fire at night, Joel was very nice and informative, beds were comfy. I can't say enough about the location. Not sure if they had lockers. I didn't even look because everyone staying there was awesome. I suppose people locked their stuff in their car. I had a motorbike so just put my things in the dorm and felt safe. They do have showers but it is literally just a trickle. This was no big deal to me because I thought there were no showers at all.

• 27th Jun 2015