HK Star World Guest House Reviews

Unit J, 9/F, Wing Lee Building, 27-33 Kimberley Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The Indonesian lady was absolutely lovely to us and the other woman wih I think owned it spoke no English but was very nice. It was basic but it was fine and the location was great, I would be willing to stay there again.

i stayed in this hostel for 3 nights in Oct 2013 and found it very clean and safe place to stay.

• 10th Oct 2013
  • Kazakhstan

I stayed at the hostel for four nghts and I booked the day before. It was perfect : very clean, window, attached bathroom, calm. Of course it was very small. The only thing is the staff only comes to clean in the morning and there's nobody there but you can phone them. There's no common room either, therefore, no atmosphere, you just go there to sleep but there's so much to do in HK ! The staff is very nice. The bosses don't speak English but the help does.

• 17th Aug 2013

The grandma there very nice, i forgot bring the room keys out twice, she give me the spare with a smile nice face. Since in Hongkong never been people smile with me. HK people overall so rude to tourist.

• 12th Aug 2013
  • Indonesia

although the stay was pretty ok but on arrival we ere told that the rooms we had booked were already occupied and we were shifted to a nearby facility. the room rent was also debated on and the staff wasn't very conversant with English. we ended up paying more for a double sharing room than a single room.

• 9th Aug 2013
  • India

The internet wireless was excellent. best than in any expensive hotels..... I was able to do some remote work from that little room with no problem.

• 27th Jul 2013

The staff is really nice and speak really good english. Average it is an ok hotel but few things make decrease the hotel review ... Hostel is well located in HK but I was expecting something cleaner/newer for this price range ... The room is ok even if it is small it is Asia ... The bathroom should be renewed cause it is limit now ... Main entrance building and main way to the rooms are a little it dirty but I have a feeling that it is all the same in HK. No credit card payment on arrival.

• 15th Dec 2012

The rowner does not speak English, and when the one staff person who does speak English is out cleaning rooms or doing the shopping, the reception desk is not staffed. So this is a little inconvenient if you have questions or need assistance. But the one staff person who is there is extremely friendly and helpful. Also, it would be nice if the hotel would register with the shuttle express bus service like the larger places do.

Friendly and helpful staff.

I have stayed here many times. Rooms a bit small but excellent location, clean and pleasant. Recommended.

It would be good if the guesthouse accepted either credit cards or Paypal.

Rooms here are larger and cleaner than is the norm in Hong Kong. The maid who looks after the place is exceptionally friendly and helpful. Please provide an appropriate tip when she offers to do your laundry, maid's pay is very low. I would definitely stay here again.

This hotel has been a really pleasant surprise. The room was a little old but OK and the hotel, being on the ninth floor of a tower, lacks a bit of character. however it is really minor compared to the two strong points of the hotel : - a killer location, near Tsim sha Tsui station, a few minutes away of the museum of history, very convenient - a very good staff : good care of the room, very helpful (especially with laundry) and good advice. I came by accident ; I will come back.

• 29th Jul 2012

I would have to say I was quite surprised by this little place. I walked in and received great service. The bed sheets were clean, rooms did not smell like smoke or anything. Its hard to come by a nice motel in such a prime location. The service was great too. I was surprised that they would even wash my clothes and iron them free of charge. I am very satisfied with the old lady and made my week stay extremely pleasant. I would definitely stay there again next time I revisit Hong Kong.

• 5th Jul 2012

I'm sorry, I arrived in the Hotel(HK Star World Geust House) at 12 PM, A old women in reception refuse to open the door for me. I sow her the copy of my reservation, But she said that the Guest house is already full, so I can not enter in the Guest house. She never open the door for me. I can not understand her(She speak only chinese), She can not understand me( I can't speak chinese). I was obliged to go to look for another hotel late in night :-( TRAORE.

• 28th Apr 2012
  • Mali

That was the best Hostel I stayed in HK until now. The private room its big for the HK standards and the staff very helpfull. The location its great, besides the Nathan Road and easy to reach by metro. The bed was confortable and the bathroom was the biggest that I saw in HK. Definetely will come back to this Hostel next Time.

A hidden gem in Thim sha shu(TST). The hostel is on Kimberly ROad. They provided free tea and coffee.

• 16th Nov 2011

Very good location, close to subway station and some sightseeing points. Definitely a good option for a low budget trip. Room with bathroom and AC. Not so clean and not so easy of finding, specially for those arriving late at night.

• 11th Nov 2011

The hostel is fantastic value for money, and though the fixtures and fittings aren't the newest, cleanliness was certainly spot on. Only thing to mention is that the hot-water from the in-room boiler is scalding and attention should be given when using the showere instantly.

• 9th Nov 2011

The staff are super friendly, the location is decent right in Tsim Sha Tsui, and the prices aren't bad. A good place to stay.

• 1st Oct 2011