HM Hostel Reviews

Ap.14, Gogolevskiy Boulevard 33/1, entrance from the side-street, Moscow, Russia

Clean, well located, friendly tenant. Good value for money.

If you just want a stay, this is a great place. If you want to meet some friends and have hostel friendly atmosphere, this is not the place you would want to go. The place is very clean, location is very good, but too business-oriented. A hostel should provide an environment where we can enjoy our stay but not feel pressure all the time, the owner can be more friendly. Afterall we come here for vacation, not staying like a prisoner.

Great common area (sofas etc), very nice to meet gellow travellers. Location ist excellent, close to the kremlin (20 min on foot, which is extremely close in moscow standards ;)) We had to change rooms after 3 days, because they had made a mistake with the booking. It wasn't a big problem, though. The kitchen is well equipped but when the hostel is full it is a bit too small. Same for the two bathrooms. It's quite annoying when you have to wait for 30 min to go to the toilet.

The hostel is great, but a little bit small and far from the big center. Breakfast is good but if you want drink coffee you need to pay 30 rublos. Some people of the staff didn't speak english so sometimes communication was a problem. The atmosphere was good and the hostel is very clean. There are no maps available in the hostel. You need to find an information point to get a map.

• 9th Jul 2015

- Great hostel. - The lady (I forgot her name) was efficient and friendly - No complaints at all

I didn't expect that the manager would sleep with us, but that's okay. I love the bathroom, it's massive!

Good location but I had to pay the visa fee again when I arrived. Also there were no curtains so you wake up every morning when the sun comes up, there's no hostel atmosphere at all and when a friend came in to use the toilet they got told off in Russian for a long time without adressing me at all, which was rude.

An excellent well-located hostel. Very clean and quiet. Excellent facilities. Iryna is very friendly and always ready to help.