HM Hostel Reviews

Ap.14, Gogolevskiy Boulevard 33/1, entrance from the side-street, Moscow, Russia

Only two bathrooms for the whole Hostel, Dirty bathrooms, Hostel Doors were open all the Time and Roms as well and often nobody was sitting at the entrance so everybody can walk in.location is great, though.

The place itself was rather nice - spacious and tidy. Common area is very big and pretty. Staff doesn't speak much of anything but Russian though, especially people taking night shifts (we arrived ar 6am and it wasn't the easiest). In general a very nice, tidy (nearly fancy, in hostel standards) place with good facilities, but if you're into the atmosphere - it wasn't there.

Hot, no AC or fans. Only one bathroom and one toilet for the entire hostel! Group of Russian teenagers staying there during the same time. They stayed up until all hours and were noisy. Staff did nothing to enforce silence policy. Directions to hostel are not entirely correct. Location is good though and staff was friendly enough. Booked a male only dorm and ended up in mixed dorm. Strange

Despite the troubles with our beds which were reconstructed late one night, we were reasonably happy. However there was no one at reception before 10a.m. which coud be a problem for some people.

its a really nice hostel with a perfect location. Friendly stuff and i did love free wi-fi...if we are in Moscow again, we know where to stay.

• 14th May 2014
  • Russia

Nice place, though was lil crowdy

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Belarus

I had a short stay in Moscow and I do not regret having chosen this hostel. Perfect location. The staff is very nice, polite and really helpfull. The only thing I was upset about is that I couldn't stay for a longer time. But if I come to Moscow again, I will stay in that hostel. No doubts.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Russia

Excellent hostel. Perfect location en nice atmosphere

• 22nd Apr 2014

It was really good deal. All was without problems :)

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Slovakia

Dear Marek, thank you for your nice words :) it is a big pleasure for us that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you or your friends in our Hostel again soon :)

Super location, clean and friendly hostel, all I wished for! Got great help from staff when needed for booking traintickets!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Russia

The location is excellent, really excellent! I have stayed before at this place, but now, returning, found that the situation has deteriorated. Not so much in the hostel itself - but the stairs leading up to it (it is on the 4th floor) are really dirty now, and a homeless person spends his night there. Regularly, it seems. In the morning, next to him - you start to think - why is the floor next to him wet??

The place is nice, the staff is lovely. Unfortunately during my stay there were no other travelers, only a bunch of russian workers. It was missing the atmosphere.

• 8th Nov 2013

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay. You came at the time when not lot of travellers risk to come - november days... Hope to see you again and experience a real HM's family atmosphere with more travellers. It was a pleasure meeting you. Good luck!

I want to thank everyone at this hostel for making my stay perfect. It was close to all the places I wanted to see and it was clean and secure. Also, the price was just right.

I want to thank everyone at this hostel for their hospitality, kindness, and eagerness to help me with anything I needed. The location was perfect as it was a few steps from shopping, cafes, restaurants, museums, and the Kremlin. The hostel is clean, neat, and very welcoming to all its guests. I especially liked that you asked me to wear slippers upon entering your premises...it reminded me of being at home.

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed being with us, we did too and we are waiting for you to come back. Hugs from Moscow!

The staff barely spoke English so we couldn't ask for help getting to things we wanted to say or things we needed...and the washrooms floors weren't kept too clean. Wifi also didnt work for a while but eventually did. But the facilities are amazing, beautiful kitchen and lounge and washrooms and the rooms are quite big. Loved the lounge!

Thank you for your review! Your opinion is very important for us. We are sorry for all uncomfortable aspects that you had to face with. We are working hard to prevent such cases. We are happy still you liked our space. We hope next time you will come to us you can see the positive changes.

I think it is really amazing to have this price for me staying next to arbat street in the center of moscow. Thank you so much, to all the staffs. I love moscow and the HM hostel:)

• 15th Jun 2013
  • Taiwan

Thank you so much! We will be happy to see you again in Moscow. hugs! HM team

Nice small place with pleasant atmosphere, quiet oasis in the center of Moscow

thank you! we will be glad to see you again! hugs.

I liked my stay a lot! will come back!

Dear Inga, thank you a lot for your choice and your comment, we appreciate it, though you have overestimated us a lil )) We will be happy to see you back! Enjoy all of your next destinations!

Only 1 shower and 2 toilets....

Thank you for your review. We always wanted to make more bathrooms but due to the architecture of the building it is impossible. Now we have less beds, the hostel became more tiny so now it's not such a big problem. So come again and hope you will like to stay with us a lot more.

This hostel got a nice social common room, but as the hostel is very small, the "social level" depend somewhat on the people there! The staff was nice, could be improved by giving more hints and advices about the city, restaurants, sights... Globally happy with my stay!

Thank you so much! We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Hugs.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7