HM Hostel Reviews

Ap.14, Maly Afansyevskiy 1/33, Moscow, Russia

The location is excellent, really excellent! I have stayed before at this place, but now, returning, found that the situation has deteriorated. Not so much in the hostel itself - but the stairs leading up to it (it is on the 4th floor) are really dirty now, and a homeless person spends his night there. Regularly, it seems. In the morning, next to him - you start to think - why is the floor next to him wet??

The place is nice, the staff is lovely. Unfortunately during my stay there were no other travelers, only a bunch of russian workers. It was missing the atmosphere.

• 8th Nov 2013

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay. You came at the time when not lot of travellers risk to come - november days... Hope to see you again and experience a real HM's family atmosphere with more travellers. It was a pleasure meeting you. Good luck!

I want to thank everyone at this hostel for their hospitality, kindness, and eagerness to help me with anything I needed. The location was perfect as it was a few steps from shopping, cafes, restaurants, museums, and the Kremlin. The hostel is clean, neat, and very welcoming to all its guests. I especially liked that you asked me to wear slippers upon entering your premises...it reminded me of being at home.

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed being with us, we did too and we are waiting for you to come back. Hugs from Moscow!

The staff barely spoke English so we couldn't ask for help getting to things we wanted to say or things we needed...and the washrooms floors weren't kept too clean. Wifi also didnt work for a while but eventually did. But the facilities are amazing, beautiful kitchen and lounge and washrooms and the rooms are quite big. Loved the lounge!

Thank you for your review! Your opinion is very important for us. We are sorry for all uncomfortable aspects that you had to face with. We are working hard to prevent such cases. We are happy still you liked our space. We hope next time you will come to us you can see the positive changes.

I think it is really amazing to have this price for me staying next to arbat street in the center of moscow. Thank you so much, to all the staffs. I love moscow and the HM hostel:)

• 15th Jun 2013
  • Taiwan

Thank you so much! We will be happy to see you again in Moscow. hugs! HM team

Nice small place with pleasant atmosphere, quiet oasis in the center of Moscow

thank you! we will be glad to see you again! hugs.

I liked my stay a lot! will come back!

Dear Inga, thank you a lot for your choice and your comment, we appreciate it, though you have overestimated us a lil )) We will be happy to see you back! Enjoy all of your next destinations!

Only 1 shower and 2 toilets....

Thank you for your review. We always wanted to make more bathrooms but due to the architecture of the building it is impossible. Now we have less beds, the hostel became more tiny so now it's not such a big problem. So come again and hope you will like to stay with us a lot more.

This hostel got a nice social common room, but as the hostel is very small, the "social level" depend somewhat on the people there! The staff was nice, could be improved by giving more hints and advices about the city, restaurants, sights... Globally happy with my stay!

Thank you so much! We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Hugs.

This place is quite nice, the location is excellent but I would not want to be here if it was full as we would be tripping over each other and only one shower for 23 beds.

Thank you for your review! Now we have less beds, only 15, so we don't have such a big problem now. We will be happy to see you again!

-TV and computer with internet access in a saloon which creates a social atmosphere in the hostel. -10 minutes walking distance to Red Square. -Regular cleaning in the bathroom and toilet.

Thank you for your review. We are working hard to please our guests. It's always great to hear that you were glad to stay with us. We are waiting for you to come again. HM team.

The hostel is in a great location--close to the Metro and Arbat. The Kremlin is just a 10 minute walk, while the Assumption Cathedral probably 15. Gogolevsky park is also in front of the hostel which is a nice place just to sit and relax while reading a book and enjoying the brief and balmy Moscow summer. Wifi needs to be more reliable though.

Thank you for your review! We are waiting for you to come again and to enjoy the internet that became faster and to try the bike rent in your favourite boulevard, right in front of the hostel. Hugs from Moscow!

Hostel is located right by the famous Arbat street in central Moscow. You can reach Red Square on foot in less than 10 minutes. Before bed, you can take a walk down Gogolievski Boulevard to the Patriarch (pedestrian) bridge over the Mockba River and watch the illuminated Kremlin from there. This is why you want to stay at HM Hostel where evenings and mornings, you might also need to stay in line for the shower (there are only in the hostel).

Thank you for your poetic review! We are happy you had good times in our hostel. We hope the shower didn't affect your stay. Now we made less beds, so normally there is no more line. We will be glad to see you again. Big hugs!

Cannot think of a better location in all of Moscow! And that tells it all...

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay in HM. We are waiting for you to come again and to see how Moscow became even more beautiful. Hugs! HM Team

The staff was very friendly and advised me where to go. For sure this hostel is at a good location and looks very clean. Too bad I only could stay here for one night. I can recommend the hostel to other people!

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay at HM's. We are waiting for you to come for some more time to see some more Moscow. big hugs!

The best Hostel I've ever been!

• 14th Mar 2012

Thank you so much for your words! Well, we are trying to do our best to please our dear guests. We are happy to receive such a high mark. We will be glad to see you again. Hugs from Moscow!

The hostel is on a super location. It's very clean and the staff is friendly.

• 14th Mar 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad you liked your stay. We are waiting for you to come again. Hugs from Moscow!

When I'm in Moscow I always stay there. Great location towards Arbatskaya with restaurants and metro and just a few stations from the center. The new staff is not as friendly as the owner himself but still it's a fantastic large apartment turned hostel.

Thank you so much for your review. We are always happy to see you and waiting for you to come again. Big hugs from Moscow!

расположение отличное. огромные очереди в туалет и ванную даже ночью, в комнате запах сырости, обстановка не очень доброжелательная, как будто проходной двор

Спасибо за ваш отзыв. Нам очень важно мнение наших гостей. Мы сожалеем, что вы попали в самое неудачное время, и не смогли полностью насладиться своим пребыванием. Сейчас все поменялось, и мы надеемся увидеть вас снова и приятно удивить. До встречи в Москве!

It's a nice hostel, but I wouldn't recommend it since it only has one shower...

Thank you for your review. It's a pity you had a shower problem. Now we made less beds so there is no more such a problem. So we hope to see you again. Hugs from Moscow! HM team.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7