HM Hostel Reviews

Ap.14, Gogolevskiy Boulevard 33/1, entrance from the side-street, Moscow, Russia

If you just want a stay, this is a great place. If you want to meet some friends and have hostel friendly atmosphere, this is not the place you would want to go. The place is very clean, location is very good, but too business-oriented. A hostel should provide an environment where we can enjoy our stay but not feel pressure all the time, the owner can be more friendly. Afterall we come here for vacation, not staying like a prisoner.

Great common area (sofas etc), very nice to meet gellow travellers. Location ist excellent, close to the kremlin (20 min on foot, which is extremely close in moscow standards ;)) We had to change rooms after 3 days, because they had made a mistake with the booking. It wasn't a big problem, though. The kitchen is well equipped but when the hostel is full it is a bit too small. Same for the two bathrooms. It's quite annoying when you have to wait for 30 min to go to the toilet.

The hostel is great, but a little bit small and far from the big center. Breakfast is good but if you want drink coffee you need to pay 30 rublos. Some people of the staff didn't speak english so sometimes communication was a problem. The atmosphere was good and the hostel is very clean. There are no maps available in the hostel. You need to find an information point to get a map.

• 9th Jul 2015

- Great hostel. - The lady (I forgot her name) was efficient and friendly - No complaints at all

I didn't expect that the manager would sleep with us, but that's okay. I love the bathroom, it's massive!

Good location but I had to pay the visa fee again when I arrived. Also there were no curtains so you wake up every morning when the sun comes up, there's no hostel atmosphere at all and when a friend came in to use the toilet they got told off in Russian for a long time without adressing me at all, which was rude.

An excellent well-located hostel. Very clean and quiet. Excellent facilities. Iryna is very friendly and always ready to help.

The location of this hostel was excellent, very close to Red Square and the Kremlin. The two Russian girls in my dorm and Alexi were lovely people. The reception staff changed daily and all were good. The man and woman, who I assume were the owners/managers, were the problem - very rude and inhospitable. There must have been about 40 people staying there and they only had two (toilet and shower combo) bathrooms. No place to sit and eat a meal, I ate in the dorm. Security was lax.

I only stayed overnight at HM Hostel but I was so impressed by how nice and accommodating the staff was. The hostel is beautiful and clean, the common areas were comfortable, and the shower was the nicest hostel shower I've ever seen! I would definitely recommend this hostel and hope to come back in the near future and stay longer.

Only two bathrooms for the whole Hostel, Dirty bathrooms, Hostel Doors were open all the Time and Roms as well and often nobody was sitting at the entrance so everybody can walk in.location is great, though.

The place itself was rather nice - spacious and tidy. Common area is very big and pretty. Staff doesn't speak much of anything but Russian though, especially people taking night shifts (we arrived ar 6am and it wasn't the easiest). In general a very nice, tidy (nearly fancy, in hostel standards) place with good facilities, but if you're into the atmosphere - it wasn't there.

Hot, no AC or fans. Only one bathroom and one toilet for the entire hostel! Group of Russian teenagers staying there during the same time. They stayed up until all hours and were noisy. Staff did nothing to enforce silence policy. Directions to hostel are not entirely correct. Location is good though and staff was friendly enough. Booked a male only dorm and ended up in mixed dorm. Strange

Despite the troubles with our beds which were reconstructed late one night, we were reasonably happy. However there was no one at reception before 10a.m. which coud be a problem for some people.

its a really nice hostel with a perfect location. Friendly stuff and i did love free wi-fi...if we are in Moscow again, we know where to stay.

• 14th May 2014
  • Russia

Nice place, though was lil crowdy

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Belarus

I had a short stay in Moscow and I do not regret having chosen this hostel. Perfect location. The staff is very nice, polite and really helpfull. The only thing I was upset about is that I couldn't stay for a longer time. But if I come to Moscow again, I will stay in that hostel. No doubts.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Russia

Excellent hostel. Perfect location en nice atmosphere

• 22nd Apr 2014

It was really good deal. All was without problems :)

Dear Marek, thank you for your nice words :) it is a big pleasure for us that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you or your friends in our Hostel again soon :)

Super location, clean and friendly hostel, all I wished for! Got great help from staff when needed for booking traintickets!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Russia

The location is excellent, really excellent! I have stayed before at this place, but now, returning, found that the situation has deteriorated. Not so much in the hostel itself - but the stairs leading up to it (it is on the 4th floor) are really dirty now, and a homeless person spends his night there. Regularly, it seems. In the morning, next to him - you start to think - why is the floor next to him wet??

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7