HOTELO Reviews

37 Cours De Verdun, Lyon, France

We were very pleased with everything and if we hear that someone is going to Lyon we will tell them about HOTELO

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Iceland

This is a very hospitable place. The owner is very nice and caring. He gave us a lot of interesting and useful information about the town and what we could see in it. The room was very clean and actually looked new, but it was rather small. We had no bad surprises whatsoever. We were totally satisfied, and if we by any chance were in Lyon again, we would stay again in this place. I totally recommend it.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Greece

Hotelo had comparative prices for a private room/bathroom to it's competing hostels where you would be sharing a room with 10-12 other people. The room was spotless and made for you as opposed to hostels where you usually have to put on your own sheets. My brother and I were extremely happy with the service, cleanliness and ease of the hotels location. The staff were more than helpful and extremely friendly. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Lyon!

• 1st Aug 2015

This was the perfect place to stay in Lyon! I thought it was excellent value for money, the hotel was safe and very clean and above all else the staff (especially the manager Olivier) were extremely friendly, helpful and even tolerated my bad French!! Thank you for a very pleasant stay.

Great hostel and the staff was amazing

Lovely people, helpful and hospitable. Merci!

Great place to stay with a few of your mates. Very central and an easy 15 minute walk into the centre. Close to a lot of lovely restaurants.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

More of a modern, but basic hotel than a hostel. It was a 3 minute walk from the train station (Lyon-Parrache), 10-15 minute walk to the Ferris Wheel at the town center, and a 20 minute walk to the Old Town. The location was perfect since we did not have to drag our luggage very far from the train station. Overall, the Hotelo was very clean and quiet.

• 27th Feb 2015

The hotel is OK, but there was a bad inconvenient. Unluckily, I was not able to reach Lyon with my car because heavy snow blocked me in Lausanne. I expected to lose the caution for the first night, but with my bad surprise the manager of the hotel charged me full price, saying that I should have cancelled the booking two days before, but in fact I had booked just the day before. Since the rules are not really clear for these situations, he could have met me at a middle point, but he didn't.

• 30th Jan 2015

Hi, thanks for your comment. I am Olivier Maisonnasse the new manager (just took avoer the property on the 1/7/15. Please feel free to contact me for your next stay at the hotel, I'll try to find a deal in order to make the situation better and improve your futur stay. Regards Olivier

Steps away from the train station, Hotelo was a wonderful place to spend 2 nights in Lyon (I only wish I was there longer!). The cleanliness and size of the room were exceptional for the cost. A quaint and quiet hostel (I felt more like i was in a hotel compared to other places I have stayed) I will recommend Hotel to anyone travelling to Lyon and will likely stay there again should I ever find myself inow Lyon again!

• 9th Nov 2014

Night security man was forthright and verging on rude. Breakfast didn't look great.

Pretty basic place of good quality.

Great accommodations and the man who ran it was very helpful, even carried our bags upstairs willingly

It was a very positive experience! Ideally situated and very friendly and professional staff.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

We stayed here as we found there was little options for hostels In Lyon. However it was a nice little treat very close to train station, so we didn't have to cart our backpacks across town. The rooms are clean and modern, quiet location as well- despite being based off a busy road. Breakfast is included at an extra cost with basic options such as ceral, muesli yogurt, tea, coffee and some pastries. Would recommend to others looking at a short stay in Lyon.

I am traveling by myself and couldn't find a hostel. I stayed here and what a nice treat. very clean. very nice front desk agent. the shampoo and soap is very nice. I've worked in hotels and this is a good one. room was tiny, but doesn't bother me.

At a convenient location close to one of train stations and walking distance to the city center. There are 3 public bicycle stations around the hostel which we find very easy to pick up and return bicycles. The atmosphere is quiet and there isn't any activity hosted in the hostel as far as i know. But it also means it is quiet to have a rest and sleep.

진짜 최고의 호스텔!! 방이랑 침대 욕실까지 부족한게 없엇음

A cosy and central hotel within walking distance from the beautiful Old Town, Vieux Lyon, and local shopping area. Right next to the train/bus station Perrache. Located on a central street but still very quiet. Most staff spoke English and was very helpful. The room and bathroom was clean and up to date, with a tasteful slightly personal style. Air conditioned, but a bit enclosed because of poor ventilation.

Perfect hotel with perfect design, good location and staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5