HQ Hostel Silom Reviews

5/3-4, Silom Soi 3, Silom Road, Bangkok, Thailand

Really nice hostel that offers everything you expect in a hostel.

There were small ants in the kitchen and on the wall of the bedroom.could do with incect repellant and a good clean. Overall a good location although there was a traffic warden guiding traffic blowing a whistle in the morning.The breakfast was very basic. I would however stay again because its such good value. I don't know why hostels discriminate against men with female only rooms but no male only rooms! Meaning there will always be more beds for females than males.

• 18th Jan 2016

You're not allowed to take anything to drink or eat to your room, even if it's expensive. No fridge or seperat bath, which is common for these prices. I asked them 3 times to order a taxi for the next morning. They couldn't do the job! You have to clean up all your dishes yourself after the poor breakfast, unlike any other hostels in this price category. I cancelled the next night and went to the next hostel close to Surasak Station, which I can really recommend!

A great hostel in a central location close to everything one can need from transit to food to drinks, it's all here.

Very high security! The staff is very friendly and speaks English well. The location is very close to BTS with many facilities (restaurants, 7/11, etc.) around the hostel. I would definitely recommend this hostel to a friend.

Excellent location, very friendly staff! The rooms are clean, as well as the shower and bathroom facilities. One slight point for improvement could be breakfast variety (although big plus for serving fresh watermelon every morning).

Awesome hostel with tarific beds and great staff. I felt at home and easily moved around. Thanks so much for the advises and the good service. Really relaxing and nice with you.

Great place, 24 hour reception cover. The atmosphere was a bit up and down, but that's always the way in busy areas of town, most people go out to see/do stuff.

Had money stolen at this hostel from one of my roommates. Staff was not very receptive to helping me, although, in fairness, there is not much that they could've done, since cameras are not installed.

Staff were very friendly, bathroom was cleanclean, the place was modern and beds were really comfy!

Great place and good brekky. The staff girl with the short hair is an angel.

As always I had an enjoyable stay at HQ Hostel! The night I arrived I was invited by some of the staff and guests to join them on a night out. I felt welcomed and at home in the relaxing common room. The location is prime because its only a few minutes walk to the BTS & MRT, making it so accessible to accessing from the airport or even just getting around the city. I love the staff so much: If you are friendly and nice they will be friendly and nice!!

What else can I say wake up with freshly made breakfast and hospitable staff? Stayed in mixed dorm it was clean as well as the shared bathroom. HQ is very homely as you can easily find some travelers want to relax in the living area, they have kitchen and free cookies you can enjoy staying inside the hostel or buy some amazing street food which is just next to the hostel, location is great for market and hangout places. Recommended and definitely come back:)

I had a ten bed dorm which was fine, but it would have been nice to have a privacy curtain. The facilities were nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. Sadly I got sick my second night but overall good experience. It wasn't easy to meet other people staying there I think.

The credit card machine did not work which was a huge a hassle for us. The beds were a little hard, but the stay was enjoyable. On the last day, they tried out a new free warm breakfast which was really nice! The hostel was definitely very clean.

I stayed two nights. Sheets were clean, AC was cold, and the place felt safe to leave my bags out. A small locker (would fit a laptop and a few other things) is provided at each bed along with a light and power outlet. The beds were large too, I actually slept with all of my stuff on it to keep it out of the way of the others. Free Coffee, tea, bread, cookies, and corn flakes for breakfast. Great location for catching subway to train station as well as BTS to wherever. Highly recommended.