Habitat HQ Reviews

333 St Kilda Rd, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

Nice hostel, nice atmosphere, breakfast, staff and rooms, only short walk to shops and beach!

I didn't really like the location but other than that it's one of the better hostels out there

great hostel close to the beach and a 20 min tram ride to the city

It's a clean hostel with lockers in your room (kind of small for the entire backpack). The staff was good and can answer your questions about Melbourne, although they feel very bothered. It's a 5 minute walk from bars and cafés. If you're traveling alone, the majority staying here are long term residents so it's really hard to get into their "group". Over all it's a good hostel with high security and clean facilities!

We had a great time at HQ ! Good big kitchen, clean beds and facilities, very comfy sofas and a nice going fire! Awesome vibe and very friendly staff. Great place to stay easy to get to the cbd and within a pleasant strike from St. Kilda centre ! Definitely one of the better hostels in Melb's! Good job guys!

It's a nice backpacker hostel, but quite a number of people are staying here and finding jobs. They have been staying for maybe 2 week or 1 month, treating the mixed dorm as their home and this cause the room become really messy and full of alcohol smell. The hostel should maintain the cleanness of every room or limit the period of staying. The hostel ground floor is exactly a pub and this is sometimes too noisy.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Security: Fortunately, no security event occurred. Location: Accessible from Tramway, There is Aldi for shopping cheap groceries but quite far from CBD (along the way there are more than 10 stops from Flinders St Station). But, it is close to Lunapark and St. Kilda Beach which is awesome. Staff: Staffs were helpful Atmosphere: Quite nice and friendly. They have a large lounge and large kitchen if you want to cook or even bake a cake. (I saw people do this) Cleanliness: It is maintained well

All good but one of things was not comfortable for us. The thing that is hair drayer didn't work. But it was fine coz we have own drayer. Plz check it before do hosting.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

A good hostel, party atmosphere but also fairly quiet in dorm rooms. Met some nice people here and staff very helpful.

busy but nice people and facilities

Definitely the best hostel I've stayed at while in Australia!

Pretty nice place for backpackers. Easy to meet other backpackers. Issues: squeaky beds, and I had to get a new card a few times.

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Really helpful and friendly staff, great atmosphere if you want a good balance between relaxing and going out. Really clean, and right outside a tram station that takes you into the CBD. Only negative would be the really limited wifi and you can't bring in your own alch. Still worth staying here though! Great hostel!

• 29th Mar 2015

Nice staff, great kitchen and breakfast!

Generally fine. But there is a weird sour smell in the room even I did ask to change one. Later guess because the flooring is Capet n that might absorb the smell over the years. Also the shower room rack are dirty n rusty. Maybe they just need a renovation

I had the most amazing time in Habitatd HQ. On my very first day I met amazing people. Atmosphere was fantastic. Every evening they have some activities (live music, BBQ, games night). I haven't had so much fun in a long time. Rooms were clean. Maybe location was a bit further from the city centre, but there is a tram right outside the hostel. If I ever go to Melbourne again, I will definitely stay in this Hostel. Mostly because of the people :)

Brilliant hostel, really clean, friendly staff. Loved it.

Really cool place to stay, even if it is a bit of a walk from St kilda itself, but there are trams that stop pretty much outside the hostel which take you to the city, so good connections. One of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in, as it is a budget hotel aswell as a hostel, so rooms are cleaned every day or so. huge communal area and kitchen plus movie lounge and events on almost every night. Would definitely stay again. Thanks habitat!

Nice hostel overall. However I found it strange that I had to leave my bags either unattended or pay for lockers after checking out when they had a storage room. I bit cheap of them in my opinion. When I asked about the luggage storage the lady in the reception was rude about it too.

Great place to stay - we were a couple over from the weekend and had booked a private room. Was just like a hotel room! Clean, tidy and quiet. Air con was great too. Other thing was the bed was slightly roll together, but it was not a major! Fun atmosphere and really easy to get all over Melbourne from the nearby tram and train stations

« first « Prev 1 2 3