Habitat HQ

Fabulous 1393 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Feb 2017
8.0

Hostel was great, but was disappointed by the very limited wifi (500mb allowance per day, and you had to pay for more). That's gone within a bit of googling, facebook and a few snapchats!!

• mblakey21
  • England, Male, 18-24
12th Feb 2017
6.9

Expensive hostel especially if you're a backpacker but then it is one of the nicer hostels in Melbourne (having stayed in a few). Would have rated higher however upon check out I was told I wasn't allowed to leave my bag in the luggage room as that's only for new guests, and that instead I had to pay for a locker! Hostel is expensive enough as it is, and to be told this after spending 600 dollars there I was very disappointed. Some staff seem a bit out of touch with backpackers I felt.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
4th Feb 2017
8.0

Little bit of a walk to the St kilda beach, staff were helpful with giving directions and what trams to take, was a good place to start our trip in the Melbourne area. Showers/washroom were clean and nice

2nd Feb 2017

I stayed here twice, second time much better than the first. Room/bed was clean and comfy, kitchen was good sized, bathrooms were clean. Walking distance from a few areas to go out and explore, right by a tram that takes u downtown. Major downside was the hostel didn't seem super friendly, ppl who were there were mostly trying to find work.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
2nd Feb 2017
3.4

There was a discrepancy with the credit card, even though it was my husband's so same last name , it was the same card I reserved room with online, I was told by a ignorant staff member that was more interested in the backpacker girls, I can't check you in then he turned straight around and started socialising again no help no remorse didn't offer advice or anything, my phone was flat and it was my first time in Melbourne. A horrible experience and on top being made feel insignificant .

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with us what not a positive one and would love to hear more about what transpired. Please feel free to email me directly.

• England, Male, 25-30
31st Jan 2017

Great friendly hostel

Fantastic review! We appreciate your feeback! Continued safe and happy travels for your time in Austraia, The Habitat HQ Team

• England, Male, 18-24
23rd Jan 2017

Very nice. Probably nicest hostel you will stay at but very pricey.

• warrsarah
  • England, Female, 18-24
19th Jan 2017

A very chilled out hostel only 10/15 minutes from St Kilda beach, lovely atmosphere with very helpful staff! Not a massively party place but there are activities if you want. Kitchen is very big and clean, and the rooms are kept well. Would recommend this to anyone!

Excellent feedback, thanks so much for leaving a review! We loved having you stay with and hope to see you again in the future! Safe and happy travels, The Habitat HQ Team

• Germany, Male, 18-24
18th Jan 2017

In total the Habitat is a really good hostel :).The staff is always friendly and helpful.The beds are comftable and the bathrooms are really clean. The wifi is sadly not the best and the free breakfast is a joke :/ If your are looking for a good place to stay and don't wanna have the noise and stres of the inner City,the habitat is the right hostel for you :)

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm sorry you found the breakfast lacking, we think the 3 different cereals and bread types, 2 different jams, peanut butter and our very own honey produced by our bee hives here at the hostel is a great free way to start your day ;) Thanks again for your review, good luck with the rest of your travels, The Habitat HQ Staff

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
13th Jan 2017

Unreal spot! Good vibes by staff and the fellow travelers. Lots of activities in the common lounge area that makes it easier to meet new people! great location as well just a short walk to the beach and Acland street which has heaps of shops and restaurants.

Excellent review, thanks so much for your feedback! We try our best to keep the good vibes happening, and we're stoked to hear you enjoyed your stay! Hopefully we'll see you back here again! Good luck with the rest of your travels, The Habitat HQ Team