Habitat HQ Reviews

333 St Kilda Rd, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

Habitat HQ is an amazing hostel for anyone who wants their hostel experience to be more than just a place to pass out drunk. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The common areas as well as the rooms are kept clean! You have all the necessary facilities and more :) I take with me many memorable moments from all the events that were happening there! A big thank you to Habitat staff and fellow backpackers for these past 2 months at the best place in St Kilda, Melbourne!

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Estonia

For the prices of the rooms you would expect more out of the experience of staying there. The staff is nice but the atmosphere makes it impossible to socialise because everyone is plugged in to their computers and phones. I went On the pub crawl on Thursday, which was pretty fun mostly because everyone was drunk, you get a free Jell-O shot at the beginning, and the guy who runs it has a rad mustache. It's close to the beach

• 28th Jan 2015

Unfortunately never got to go, but they promptly cancelled my reservation. For that I commend them and hope to stay there in the future. G'Day!

Very touristy place, great location, tram stops out the front. Rooms and security all clean and well looked after. Dont listen to anyone else who says its dirty. Good beer garden and indoor areas to meet other travelers. Negative aspects include not being able to bring own alchohol onto the beer garden, are forced to buy from the hostel itself. The keycards to acess rooms often faulted and had to be repaired at reception, happen to others in hostel aswell. All in all great hostel!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Decent, good location, helpful staff.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Finland

Uncomfy beds but otherwise all round good hostel

I moved here from one downtown that charged too much for internet. Habitat's internet is free, but I found the atmosphere lacking. Perhaps just bad timing on my part (there was live music the night I left, so that was nice). Aside from the beach a few blocks away, there's not much nearby. Note: they have a liquor license, but no bar - just beer out of the fridge at reception. But you still can't bring your own booze in. Not a good setup in my opinion.

One of the best hostels in Melbourne definitely!.

had a great stay, happy to find a good Hostel in Melbourne Finally. Clean room and bathrooms, nice atmosphere, friendly staff

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Wales

A sociable hostel with good facilities. I stayed in the 6 bed en-suite room and it was definitely worth the extra. Location is goos for st kilda and the centre is half hour by tram.

Amazing place to stay in Melbourne. After two months there I'm really happy with my choice : friendly staff, big and fully equipped kitchen, good atmosphere, perfect location... I recommend this place!!

Clean rooms and friendly, helpful staff, did feel a bit dull in the evenings though, nothing really organised and a bit cliquey at times.

Overall was happy staying at Habitat. Staff and facilities were great. Toilets and showers clean, bed was comfy, if a little creaky. The place had a nice vibe.

• 26th Dec 2014

Thanks for your feedback, it's great to hear you that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for letting us know about the bed, we have maintenance staff on hand to fix all these little issues! Happy and Safe travels, The Habitat HQ Team

Habitat has been my home away from home! I planned to stay a week and have been here for six. The staff and guests have become family and has made my experience in St Kilda more than memorable. Clean, welcoming, and staff is so helpful. Thank you HabitatHQ!

• 24th Dec 2014

Hello, I had a really good time on Habitat HQ, was a really clean hostel, I really enjoyed it. For me, the best hospitality place in Melbourne.

All rounder hostel big kitchen nice showers, internet is free which is a bonus. Really annoying that there is no place to store your luggage before or after check in/out and you have to pay for a locker.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate all the feedback we get. We're sorry that you found it annoying to have to pay for the locker to store your bags after checking out, we do think it's the cheapest in Melbourne for $2 for 6 hours! We offer free luggage storage while you are waiting to check in though, so I'm sorry if you didn't take advantage of this service. Good luck with the rest of your travels, The Habitat HQ Team

Definitely one of my favourite hostels, as I was there for Christmas they put on lots of events and evening activities as well as a BBQ on Christmas Day!

Thanks for the feedback, it's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We love running events for all our guests, and we're happy to hear that these were appreciated by you during your stay! Enjoy the rest of your travels, The Habitat HQ Team

top stay....loved the courtyard to have beers in!!

• 18th Dec 2014

Refreshingly Excellent - I've had a few negative experiences in various hostels across Australia and needless to say this is not a member of the dishonourable list. Every dynamic of the place is executed with a friendly yet professional attitude and that is what is reflected within the atmosphere amongst the guests. Everyone is extremely friendly with each other and never at any point are you intimidated by the prospect of a 'clique' forming. Sinead at reception - absolute diamond.

• 18th Dec 2014

Thanks for leaving a review, we love to hear such positive feedback! It was awesome having you stay with us, and we hope that you come back to visit again in the future! Safe and Happy travels! The Habitat HQ Team

Friendly and helpful staff. Long distance to the beach when walking, especially after a drink or two. Comfortable night sleep and would still book here if I was in town

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, it's nice to hear you enjoyed your time with us and found our staff helpful and friendly - this is something we pride ourselves on! Good luck and safe travels for your time in Australia, The Habitat HQ Team