Habitat HQ

Fabulous 1411 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Mar 2017
7.7

Had an ok stay here but was glad I'd only booked two nights. Everyone I met staying there was really unfriendly- just sat on their phones or laptops and barely looked up to say hello. So not the best place for a solo traveller like me. Rooms were basic but generally ok. First room I was put in had the most awful smell and the bathroom was gross- I went to reception and the staff were great and moved me straight away to a smaller female only room. Free wifi a bonus. Probably wouldn't stay again.

• Belgium, Female, 25-30
25th Mar 2017

Lovely hostel with very helpfull staff. Free breakfast, which is a treat in Australia. Plenty clean showers and toilets, so no waiting for your turn. Parking spots available and a nice outside area even though you're in the city. Next to a tramstation that goes directly to the CBD, but the area around the hostel is also nice to explore. I definitely recommend it.

• Clindholm97
  • Sweden, Female, 18-24
12th Mar 2017

I've stayed in a lot of different hostels in Australia and Habitat is without doubt the best! Stayed there twice with a couple of weeks in between and if i go back to Melbourne this is definitely the place I'll stay in. It's social, clean, amazing staff and really good service. You will never find a better hostel so even if it might be more expensive than other hostels in Melbourne and St. Kilda, it's totally worth it! All in all I spent 13 nights here and it was the best time during my trip.

We couldn't get a better review than this! Thanks so much for leaving your feedback, it's lovely to hear you enjoyed your time with us & we hope to see you back here again!

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Feb 2017
8.0

Hostel was great, but was disappointed by the very limited wifi (500mb allowance per day, and you had to pay for more). That's gone within a bit of googling, facebook and a few snapchats!!

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. The free wifi is limited, however it's only a small cost to upgrade the service for more data ($4 for an extra gig). Hopefully you took advantage of all our other freebies though! (breakfast, tea/coffee, BBQ dinner, pancakes & events). Good luck with the rest of your time in Australia, The Habitat HQ Team

• mblakey21
  • England, Male, 18-24
12th Feb 2017
6.9

Expensive hostel especially if you're a backpacker but then it is one of the nicer hostels in Melbourne (having stayed in a few). Would have rated higher however upon check out I was told I wasn't allowed to leave my bag in the luggage room as that's only for new guests, and that instead I had to pay for a locker! Hostel is expensive enough as it is, and to be told this after spending 600 dollars there I was very disappointed. Some staff seem a bit out of touch with backpackers I felt.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
10th Feb 2017
7.1

Pros: Great location, about 12mins walk from St Kilda beach and 1 min walk to the tram that gets you to CBD. Tour bookings and good atmosphere and events. ConsL Rooms are a bit small though although you have the benefit of having the ensuite. Beds were very squeaky and not very comfy. Breakfast was very limited - cereal and toast, basically - and the free wifi was just 500MB a day, which is very frustrating. Staff wasn't knowledgable, gave me wrong info a couple of times on the myki card.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
4th Feb 2017
8.0

Little bit of a walk to the St kilda beach, staff were helpful with giving directions and what trams to take, was a good place to start our trip in the Melbourne area. Showers/washroom were clean and nice

2nd Feb 2017

I stayed here twice, second time much better than the first. Room/bed was clean and comfy, kitchen was good sized, bathrooms were clean. Walking distance from a few areas to go out and explore, right by a tram that takes u downtown. Major downside was the hostel didn't seem super friendly, ppl who were there were mostly trying to find work.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
2nd Feb 2017
3.4

There was a discrepancy with the credit card, even though it was my husband's so same last name , it was the same card I reserved room with online, I was told by a ignorant staff member that was more interested in the backpacker girls, I can't check you in then he turned straight around and started socialising again no help no remorse didn't offer advice or anything, my phone was flat and it was my first time in Melbourne. A horrible experience and on top being made feel insignificant .

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with us what not a positive one and would love to hear more about what transpired. Please feel free to email me directly.

• England, Male, 25-30
31st Jan 2017

Great friendly hostel

Fantastic review! We appreciate your feeback! Continued safe and happy travels for your time in Austraia, The Habitat HQ Team