Habitat HQ Reviews

333 St Kilda Rd, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

Security: Fortunately, no security event occurred. Location: Accessible from Tramway, There is Aldi for shopping cheap groceries but quite far from CBD (along the way there are more than 10 stops from Flinders St Station). But, it is close to Lunapark and St. Kilda Beach which is awesome. Staff: Staffs were helpful Atmosphere: Quite nice and friendly. They have a large lounge and large kitchen if you want to cook or even bake a cake. (I saw people do this) Cleanliness: It is maintained well

A good hostel, party atmosphere but also fairly quiet in dorm rooms. Met some nice people here and staff very helpful.

busy but nice people and facilities

Definitely the best hostel I've stayed at while in Australia!

Pretty nice place for backpackers. Easy to meet other backpackers. Issues: squeaky beds, and I had to get a new card a few times.

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Really helpful and friendly staff, great atmosphere if you want a good balance between relaxing and going out. Really clean, and right outside a tram station that takes you into the CBD. Only negative would be the really limited wifi and you can't bring in your own alch. Still worth staying here though! Great hostel!

• 29th Mar 2015

Nice staff, great kitchen and breakfast!

Generally fine. But there is a weird sour smell in the room even I did ask to change one. Later guess because the flooring is Capet n that might absorb the smell over the years. Also the shower room rack are dirty n rusty. Maybe they just need a renovation

I had the most amazing time in Habitatd HQ. On my very first day I met amazing people. Atmosphere was fantastic. Every evening they have some activities (live music, BBQ, games night). I haven't had so much fun in a long time. Rooms were clean. Maybe location was a bit further from the city centre, but there is a tram right outside the hostel. If I ever go to Melbourne again, I will definitely stay in this Hostel. Mostly because of the people :)

Brilliant hostel, really clean, friendly staff. Loved it.

Really cool place to stay, even if it is a bit of a walk from St kilda itself, but there are trams that stop pretty much outside the hostel which take you to the city, so good connections. One of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in, as it is a budget hotel aswell as a hostel, so rooms are cleaned every day or so. huge communal area and kitchen plus movie lounge and events on almost every night. Would definitely stay again. Thanks habitat!

Nice hostel overall. However I found it strange that I had to leave my bags either unattended or pay for lockers after checking out when they had a storage room. I bit cheap of them in my opinion. When I asked about the luggage storage the lady in the reception was rude about it too.

Great place to stay - we were a couple over from the weekend and had booked a private room. Was just like a hotel room! Clean, tidy and quiet. Air con was great too. Other thing was the bed was slightly roll together, but it was not a major! Fun atmosphere and really easy to get all over Melbourne from the nearby tram and train stations

Staff were always smiling, helpful and funny. Security good, but lockers in the room were horrible. Lockers were dirty, noisy and almost didn't work at all. Room was too small, beds uncomfortable and noisy. Kitchen didn't have enough of cutlers and pans and pots were almost broken. Atmosphere was ok. Good location. The place could be better, only reason I would recommend it is because of the staff members and location.

The only thing that I can complain about in my experience was the wifi. it was slow and had a daily limit of 250 mb which i used up in the first hour and a half posting pictures to facebook. Everything else was exceptional.

• 17th Mar 2015

Wow! Nicest hostel I've stayed in in Melbourne area. Clean, upbeat, nice facilities and a great location. (for St Kilda, that is) I would encourage anyone thinking of staying in downtown to take the short (and cheap) tram ride or walk down to this hostel. It's worth it, even for the night. (side note: no alcohol on property unless you purchase from them)

I had a fantastic stay with Habitat, it was recommended by a friend and I will definitely be back again. Thanks to all the friendly staff and people who I met whilst in Melbourne.

• 15th Mar 2015

Great spot

Nice Hostel if you want to stay near the beach. The kitchen was okey. There is enough space to cook. The breakfast wasn't nice. Only some toasts and marmelade. The first room we stayed in was very cool (6Bed). The second was to small for too many people (9Bed). The wlan doenst work that good but its possible to search things if you have enough time. All in all it have been nice days in Melbourne.

One of the nicest hostels we have stayed in. Lovely bathrooms! Location isn't the best unfortunately, but only a 15min walk to the beach or 20min tram to CBD.

« first « Prev 1 2 3