Habitat HQ Reviews

333 St Kilda Rd, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

Generally fine. But there is a weird sour smell in the room even I did ask to change one. Later guess because the flooring is Capet n that might absorb the smell over the years. Also the shower room rack are dirty n rusty. Maybe they just need a renovation

Nice hostel overall. However I found it strange that I had to leave my bags either unattended or pay for lockers after checking out when they had a storage room. I bit cheap of them in my opinion. When I asked about the luggage storage the lady in the reception was rude about it too.

Great place to stay - we were a couple over from the weekend and had booked a private room. Was just like a hotel room! Clean, tidy and quiet. Air con was great too. Other thing was the bed was slightly roll together, but it was not a major! Fun atmosphere and really easy to get all over Melbourne from the nearby tram and train stations

Staff were always smiling, helpful and funny. Security good, but lockers in the room were horrible. Lockers were dirty, noisy and almost didn't work at all. Room was too small, beds uncomfortable and noisy. Kitchen didn't have enough of cutlers and pans and pots were almost broken. Atmosphere was ok. Good location. The place could be better, only reason I would recommend it is because of the staff members and location.

The only thing that I can complain about in my experience was the wifi. it was slow and had a daily limit of 250 mb which i used up in the first hour and a half posting pictures to facebook. Everything else was exceptional.

• 17th Mar 2015

Wow! Nicest hostel I've stayed in in Melbourne area. Clean, upbeat, nice facilities and a great location. (for St Kilda, that is) I would encourage anyone thinking of staying in downtown to take the short (and cheap) tram ride or walk down to this hostel. It's worth it, even for the night. (side note: no alcohol on property unless you purchase from them)

I had a fantastic stay with Habitat, it was recommended by a friend and I will definitely be back again. Thanks to all the friendly staff and people who I met whilst in Melbourne.

• 15th Mar 2015

Great spot

Nice Hostel if you want to stay near the beach. The kitchen was okey. There is enough space to cook. The breakfast wasn't nice. Only some toasts and marmelade. The first room we stayed in was very cool (6Bed). The second was to small for too many people (9Bed). The wlan doenst work that good but its possible to search things if you have enough time. All in all it have been nice days in Melbourne.

My first hostel experience and it was great! Most of the staff is very receptive and friendly (especially Ella :D), facilities are fairly clean, environment is secure and fun, and the overall experience was very positive! Nightly events are an added bonus! Just a short walk to the beach and transportation is very accessible. More experienced backpackers I talked with agreed that Habit HQ was a good place to be.

• 25th Feb 2015

Habitat HQ is an amazing hostel for anyone who wants their hostel experience to be more than just a place to pass out drunk. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The common areas as well as the rooms are kept clean! You have all the necessary facilities and more :) I take with me many memorable moments from all the events that were happening there! A big thank you to Habitat staff and fellow backpackers for these past 2 months at the best place in St Kilda, Melbourne!

• 10th Feb 2015
  • Estonia

For the prices of the rooms you would expect more out of the experience of staying there. The staff is nice but the atmosphere makes it impossible to socialise because everyone is plugged in to their computers and phones. I went On the pub crawl on Thursday, which was pretty fun mostly because everyone was drunk, you get a free Jell-O shot at the beginning, and the guy who runs it has a rad mustache. It's close to the beach

• 28th Jan 2015

Unfortunately never got to go, but they promptly cancelled my reservation. For that I commend them and hope to stay there in the future. G'Day!

Very touristy place, great location, tram stops out the front. Rooms and security all clean and well looked after. Dont listen to anyone else who says its dirty. Good beer garden and indoor areas to meet other travelers. Negative aspects include not being able to bring own alchohol onto the beer garden, are forced to buy from the hostel itself. The keycards to acess rooms often faulted and had to be repaired at reception, happen to others in hostel aswell. All in all great hostel!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Decent, good location, helpful staff.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Finland

Uncomfy beds but otherwise all round good hostel

I moved here from one downtown that charged too much for internet. Habitat's internet is free, but I found the atmosphere lacking. Perhaps just bad timing on my part (there was live music the night I left, so that was nice). Aside from the beach a few blocks away, there's not much nearby. Note: they have a liquor license, but no bar - just beer out of the fridge at reception. But you still can't bring your own booze in. Not a good setup in my opinion.

One of the best hostels in Melbourne definitely!.

had a great stay, happy to find a good Hostel in Melbourne Finally. Clean room and bathrooms, nice atmosphere, friendly staff

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Wales

A sociable hostel with good facilities. I stayed in the 6 bed en-suite room and it was definitely worth the extra. Location is goos for st kilda and the centre is half hour by tram.

« first « Prev 1 2 3