Habitat HQ Reviews

333 St Kilda Rd, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

The staff at the reception was not really helpful and also did not really seem interested in being helpful. There were a lot of drunk people staying at the hostel who created a terrible atmosphere during Christmas. We weren't allowed to invite a friend to celebrate Christmas Eve with us on the property, but two hours later everyone else could bring their friends which was supposed to be a big exception from the rule. The staff should better communicate with each other!!!

Has a really great stay and would definitely stay again. Made some really good friends and was easy to do so which made the experience better. The staff were really kind and friendly. Generally had a really nice atmosphere to it, love the open mic nights and the cheap alcohol ! Thankyou for a good stay

Breakfast is free but i've been in a cheaper hostel with better free breakfast. Free tea and coffe all time. On the website they say they have lockers. I was in a 4 bed...just two lockers

Pretty nice Hostel. The only thing I didn't like is, that there seemed to be much long term guests, what made it harder to meet people than in hostels with more changing guest. Music night was pretty nice, comedy night was 80% non-funny waste and 20% average. Leave out the comey night, it's not worth it.

This hostel was in a great location, close to public transport to get you to the city centre. The beach isn't far either and the area in general is really nice. The staff were really helpful with everything and the rooms were clean.

Habitat was my first hostel and I had a really good time. Met some people during the activities which I ended up doing road trips with, a lot of fun! Good atmosphere, many long terms but that wasn't a problem. Ok breakfast. Good cleaned rooms, 15 min walk to beach. Easy access to city, 20 min walk to Chapel Street (best drinking area ever!!). Totally recommend if you want to stay in st Kilda!

The BEST hostel I've stayed in so far. Great staff, great people, super clean, awesome activities all week, satisfying breakfast but most importantly everyone is super nice, you will never feel lonely!! This is the place to go to in Melb!!! Can't wait to come back

Really nice hostel with a good atmosphere. Full of lovely people and helpful staff. Absolutely no complaints at all. This was the first hostel I stayed in when I arrived in Australia from the uk and it was a perfect place to chill out and also get to know people, would definitely go back.

The guy on reception with the dreadlocks was awesome! I didn't catch his name but he was so friendly and gave mW loads of great directions.

Great hostel, close walk to the beach. Found it full of long term people trying to find jobs. Which made it hard being a lone traveler trying to meet people because they were in their own clique. Staff were always friendly and ready to help. Would recommend to anyone!

Nice clean hostel, some staff were friendly some staff were rude and not helpful! Good location to get tram into centre and not too far from St Kilda. Seemed to be a lot of long term people in the hostel

The worst staff I have come across in 8 months of staying at Australian hostels.That being said, everything else is so good I would absolutely recommend it.

• 15th Nov 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever been at. The atmosphere is great, the facilities are good, and I made a lot of new friends. I look forward to staying again soon.

Excellent value for money. Enjoyed my stay and would definitely again.

Great spot near the beach in St. Kilda. Mostly long term travellers who have been in town for awhile, but it's a great place to be if you are looking to set yourself up in Melbourne for awhile as you'll surely meet people who are going to be around for a few months. Friendly staff and clean place. Would likely stay again.

• 5th Nov 2015

Best staff ever, great friendly people staying there, fun activities planned for every night. Just awesome! What I loved most about this hostel was that there are people staying there for weeks at a time so they really learn what bars and restaurants are great to go to rather than you learning for yourself and wasting your time. Made friends that I'll have forever.

Thanks for your brilliant feedback, we appreciate it! Also excellent to hear you that our friendly staff and guests helped in making your time in Melbourne a great experience, we certainly think we have a great team working here! Hopefully we will see you again back here at Habitat HQ, continued safe and happy travelling in Australia. The HQ Team

Met a lot of people, staff is always willing to help out

Thanks for your comment, we appreciate the feedback! We have a great common area and events that help in meeting new friends, it's great to hear you met lots of people! Happy and safe travels for your time in Australia, The Habitat HQ Team

Great night stay. I choose a private room after having a terrible time at first hostel but think if I would have liked any room here. A great check in, all facilities used were good, room was excellent, love the art work on the main wall!! Wish I checked in here from the beginning!!

Thanks for your review, it's excellent to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated all our facilities! Hopefully we will see you back here again! Happy travels, The Habitat HQ Team

Overall we really enjoyed our time and thought everything was very homely. However we would have appreciated notice about the building works (which were ongoing throughout our stay) as they did really impact on our enjoyment of the common area, which was at various times either shut off or a building site.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we love hearing feedback! I'm sorry you felt the building works interrupted your stay, we only had some minimal impact to the common area on a couple of the days, so our apologies that this fell over your stay with us. We have a brand new reception area now, come check it out! Thanks again for your feedback, and happy travelling for the rest of your time in Australia, The Habitat HQ Team

Probably cleanest and friendliest hostel I've ever been to. Only minor complaints would be the car park access could use a better system than shouting into an intercom, also the free internet WiFi infrastructure cannot handle the amount of guests connected and it persistently slows to a crawl. Other than that it's undeniably the best hostel I've ever stayed at.

• 12th Oct 2015