Habitat HQ Reviews

333 St Kilda Rd, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

Overall we were very happy with our stay at HabitatHQ. The sink in the girls toilets were often dirty and some blocked. I very much liked that we were able to leave the car on site so that we could take the tram into the CBD.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate hearing all feedback! I'm sorry you found the sink in the girls bathroom blocked and often dirty, we have housekeeping and reception staff that work 24 hours, so we will address this issue and ensure that it doesn't happen again. We're happy to hear that you took advantage of our free carpark, it certainly saves you money on parking! Good luck and safe travels, The Habitat HQ Team

I've spent 2 months in this hostel and each day has been a pleasure. The staff are excellent and will go above and beyond to make your stay memorable. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a fun time in Melbourne and I will 100% choose Habitat when come back. Great people, great memories.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Wales

Thanks so much for your review, it;'s great hearing such positive feedback! We loved meeting you and having you stay with us for long, hopefully we will see you back here again in the future! Safe and happy travels! The Habitat HQ Team

Hands down the best Hostel I've stayed at. Booked in for a week, stayed for 3 months. Great people, great staff and great facilities. Don't bother staying anywhere else.

• 14th Dec 2014

They have no freezer this is the only think I would complain about. The free parking space is perfect and the hostel looks from the first moment perfect.

• 14th Dec 2014

I stayed in Habitat HQ for a couple of months when I initially started travelling and I would definitely recommend it. The rooms were clean and open, and the facilities were the best that I have experienced. Some of the staff were really pleasant, whilst others not so much. I guess it depends on whether or not you get along with them, or they do you. The kitchen and common area were always welcoming and very spacious. Overall a great hostel which I would recommend to anyone.

• 12th Dec 2014

What a great place to stay. I love the FREE WiFi....Staff were so friendly and helpful and i actually managed to have a good nights sleep even though there was a event going on in the lounge. good facilities and clean bathrooms....one of the best

• 10th Dec 2014

One of the best I've ever been.

Decent hostel but be aware of all the young partiers.

Had a great stay, really helpful staff and fantastic value! Room was clean as were the bathrooms and I met some great people. extended my stay and will definitely be back

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

I could take some points off for the location as it was closer to the luna park than to the cbd, but here you go. What makes my blood boil is that the place is full of long term stayers who lurk around all day and steal your food. C~mon now, they have enough money for drinking out every night (and hit on every girl they see) but 0 to eat, who steals like ONE LEAF of celery and a plastic bag, how low is that. I am glad to help if someone doesn~t have money to eat, but do not touch my stuff!!!

+++ Staff were very friendly and efficient. Bathrooms best I've seen up to now lots of individual toilet and shower cubicles. Rooms were nice and had lockable draws under bunks. Probably the nicest hostel I've stayed in for Facilities. --- Same in a lot of hostels in Oz, but expensive for Wifi (which is slow), laundry and room. Not a great location. 15 minute walk to central St Kilda area, 20-25 minutes tram to CBD.

A lively hostel. I guess the only thing I would say is shop around for prices, they seemed to vary drastically between different people and different booking methods.

We had a lovely stay at Habitat HQ St. Kilda. Clean comfortable and great staff!

• 30th Oct 2014

Habitat is a refreshing break from the hostel standard around the world. The staff are so friendly and helpful, the carpark security is high, the facilities are quality, the bathrooms are clean and I love Habitat's environmental outlook. Even the free WiFi is fast and stable. The only two things I'd highlight to future guests (but certainly not complain about) are the beds do seem to be made for little people - short beds and the top bunk is super low - and the carpark gets full pretty quickly.

Loved staying here. Great location and friendly staff, however it seems that everyone who stays here has to part of a clique! Brilliant if you can play an instrument as they've got open mic night and guitars, boxs etc. If you've got a overinflated ego or you can brown-nose someone without losing your dignity then this is place for you! We ended up just keeping ourselves to ourselves, didn't really have the 'hostel' vibe! We've stayed in probably 30 hostels this year through South America

1 2 Next » last »