Hacienda del Sol Reviews

Calle 2 Nte Mz 228 LT 6 Y 7, Entre Av 120 Y 125 Nte, Col Ejido, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

This place was really awesome, the owner, Marcus, was really helpful and suggested some good places to eat and drink near the hostel. The beach was a small bus ride away and only cost 5 pesos which was convenient. Breakfast were pancakes which were delicious and on our last night Marcus fired up the grill so we could bbq. If you're in Playa Del Carmen you have to stay here! Highly recommended!

Great hostel. Nice pool. Great staff.

Very friendly hostel owner, extremely helpful. Bit far from main avenue/beach but can easily access with transport. Clean

Booked for one night, ended up extending my stay. The place is awesome, one of the best places I've stayed at. Its super clean, very comfy bed, hot shower, fully equipped kitchen. nice common area with big tv to watch movies and relax. Huge patio w two chill out palapas, the pool was amazing after a hot day at the beach. The location is perfect, just 5 pesos to the hectic downtown part of playa. I would highly recommend. Plus the owner served up free jello shots and margaritas w a free bbq. The

• 3rd Jan 2016

The signage on the building is very hard to see. It's covered over with black paint. And since the location is pretty far from the beach, restaurants and main tourist area the price should be lower. The door knob into the dorm was broken. So everyone had troubles getting into the room, which created alot of unnecessary noise. Otherwise, staff was very helpful and pancakes were delicious!

• 31st Dec 2015

This place had the worst 'bed' I've EVER slept in. It's basically springs with a plastic cover. How this has not been mentioned I'll never know, unless the owner opened up the room we stayed in just as a way to make money for New Years. Wouldn't surprise me considering we paid $40 US for a shoebox with a fan that barely worked. Place was dirty as hell too, the only positive was the guy at the front desk was cool.

We liked the staff and atmosphere at the hostel. Easy to get around by bus/colectivos. Breakfast start a bit late, but not a big issue. The beds are a minus!

This was one of the best places I have stayed in my 6 year's none stop world travel I felt at home over Christmas as if I was with family. Marcus the owner all ways had a bed for me when I came back to town and would drop me of to get the bus. He is all ways puting on events and party's at his own cost wich is a nice change to the filling in mexico. The rest of the staff are wonderful and the people you meet are like family. Not to mention the facility's are great big pool wifi TV room kitchen

• 14th Dec 2015

Marcus is an amazing host

it's a good hostel. very chill, nice pool, decent beds, marcos and team are really friendly and super helpful. it is a 7 min taxi ride or 30 min walk from clubs and restaurants, so keep that in mind. but I would def recommend.

Absolutely loved it here. Within about an hour I had decided to extend my stay. Pool is awesome, has a large kitchen and lots of outdoor communal space (as well as a TV room if you want to watch movies). Beds were comfortable. I like the location, outside of the busy tourist area, but only a 10 minute collectivo ride to the beach (5 pesos).

This was a great place to relax and chill. It is a minute drive to the town centre (on collectivo) or 30-40 minute walk. But the location was great. Out of the tourist maham when you want to be and you can go to the beach any time. Very clean and superb pool and kitchen.

Booked 3 days but ended up staying for 10-12 because i liked the place so much. The owner Marcus was super helpful with everything and was happy to show us around Playa and hang out. The hostel is quite spacious and the outside area has a pool as well. Also there is a supermarket a few mins away by walking if you want to cook your meals. The hostel is not in the party area (5 Avienda) but it is super cheap and quick to get there (5 pesos by collectivo). All in all I had a great time here.

• 12th Nov 2015

This is the perfethct place to place to stay if you want a more authentic Playa Mexican experience. Its about a half hour walk from the beach so the neighborhood is considerably quieter, cheaper and theres no hawkers offering ridiculously priced goods and services on the street. Local food is cheaper and more traditional than downtown. Close to shops and bars or you can take a free bike or $5peso collectivo to the beach in minutes. Or just chill at the house and swim in the pool!!! Plus staff A+

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels