Hacienda del Sol Reviews

Calle 2 Nte Mz 228 LT 6 Y 7, Entre Av 120 Y 125 Nte, Col Ejido, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Peace of heaven, everything was perfect !!

• 31st Mar 2014

Merci mon ami

Simply the BEST! Just like her actress look -a- like Glenn Close I wish to nominate Manuella as host/ess to receive your TOP award for her time, effort and dedication in looking after her guests. Manuella works tirelessly running the business single handidly from dawn till dusk . I returned to Hacienda del Sol with a ripped holdall and Manuella personally took me to get the bag repaired. No problem! I am looking forward to returning to Hacienda paradise Sol. All the best Billy Walker

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

We only stayed for one night so didn't get a chance to really soak in the atmosphere but there was a nice sun terrace in the inner courtyard with hammocks etc. The location is great as near the main ferry terminal back to playa and in a really nice area for restaurants and bars, a short (but welcome) distance away from the mare tacky, tourist area down the seafront.

Hola and thank you for taking the time to review. Manuela

We enjoyed our stay, location isn't a huge issue as 5peso collectivios are close by. A couple of bikes are ok ish to use and the bike lane down the centre of Juarez to town/beach is great. Pool was nice to cool off in. Enjoyed BBQ night and A very nice social on Monday night with Cubra libres compliments of Manuela. She certainly has her hands full running the hostel on her own. As most everywhere in Mexico the weekend warriors are out in full and the karaoke bar next door was no exception.

Hola thank you for taking the time to review, glad you enjoyed the Rum and Coke.

The house is really well equipped. There's only a couple of things I'd like to point out, though: at night the weather can get a bit chilly, and one of the girls who travelled with me feels really cold when sleeping and there were no proper duvets; the other thing is.. we're in Mexico, so let's try and speak more Spanish. If you travel to a Spanish speaking country, you should at least try and speak their language. Some people don't speak and don't want to speak English!

Hola thank you for taking the time to review. Like you, spanish is my 2nd language and I do prefer socialising in english. All check-ins are done in spanish,german and english. We had several spanish speaking guests present, why did you not spent time with them? Your friend asked for a blanket and got it. I do not own duvets as the average temperatures are too hot for such a requirement, blankets can be had for the asking. Manuela

I loved to stay in this hostel. The owner, is a woman "Manuela" she's a lovely person. The place is very clean and big with a pool. The only thing i didn't like is that the bathroom next to our room had a very very disgusting smell. But it was clean. It was very extrange. There's maybe something wrong with tubes. I don't know but i totally recommend the place. It has a TV room, a computer that you can use, and outside areas that make your stay very comfortable.

Never before we made so negative experiences with a hostel! In my opinion most of the reviews are faked or written by friends/employees of the hostel. 1. Bad location (far outside, straying dogs) 2. Bad room (no windows, smelling air, air conddition broken) 3. Missing hostel standards (one blankets, no soap/toilet paper, hostel’s PC was broken) 4. Promised but missing hostel extras (no free bikes) 5. Hostel owner (blamed former guests) 6. Price (over 100$ due to high session)

• 1st Jan 2014

I find your comment that my reviews are fake very offensive, I have spoken to my lawyer and I will sue you for that accusation. I am a very honest person and do not have to put up with this insulting comment. I do not keep the location a secret, its in the rural part of town, the dogs are harmless, why are you in Mexico? The room has windows and the aircon was broken by a previous couple. I am one of the cheapest Hostels in Town, do your research next time properly, I will be in touch soon.

Great place if you want to stay in a authentic part of town away from the touristy crazyness in the center. Spacious and great infrastructure with pool, bar, and a lot of room to hang out. Unfortunately during our stay the place was understaffed which showed on the cleanliness. We didn't approve of the the massive increase in rates a few days before new years, but we didn't find anything else and we managed to make an acceptable deal with the owner.

Thank you for the review.

This place is cheap and has very friendly people (from all walks of life) that stay at the hostel. The new manager is very friendly (a kiwi) and loves to get drunk with her guests. I stayed in a single room that was unacceptably hot. The fan barely worked and the AC was extra. When I told the manager about my stay, she said that she would now include AC going forward. The place is also very hard to get to, in a pretty sketchy part of town.

My place is very affordable as I run it by myself. I am poolgirl, gardener, cleaner, receptionist, entertainer etc. 18 hours a day, 7 days a week this is why I can not offer room service cleaning as you requested. There is nothing sketchy about the location, its called rural Mexico and I dont keep that a secret. They are very friendly and its very secure, you had nothing to worry about. Please stay in Hotels in the future that are situated in the centre to make your experience more pleasant.

There is this Hostel called: “Hacienda del Sol”. Do not miss the unique experience of staying in this serene and tranquil “Home away from Home Hostel”. Beautiful pool for swimming on hot days and surrounded by swaying palms, lush greenery is perfect to purge away the concerns of everyday life. Experience the transformation savoring the true ecstasy of this new adventure in travel. Excellent cleanliness, cheap price, secure lockers, wifi,, and weekly barbecues. I give this hostel a 100% rating! ”

• 4th Nov 2013