Hacienda del Sol Reviews

Calle 2 Nte Mz 228 LT 6 Y 7, Entre Av 120 Y 125 Nte, Col Ejido, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Marcus is a super helpful host who will go out of his way to make sure you're comfortable. The rooms are basic, but for this price they provide everything you could need. Finding the place to start was a tad difficult, but once there, the collectivos provide a cheap, direct route to centro for 5 peso's a head. My partner and I ended up extending our stay here by a few days once we were there, and so did a few other groups - I think that says enough for itself. Would stay here again :-)

• 2nd Apr 2015

Such a great place to stay! The vibe here is chilled and much more like being at home, I actually forgot I was in a hostel. Marcus was really helpful and went out of his way to make us feel welcome. I really enjoyed my time here. The only disadvantage is it's not super close to the beach but on the other hand the food/prices aren't "tourist prices". I'd definitely stay here again.

This hostel has feels more like sharing a place with friends. It has great atmosphere and is excellent place to meet new people. Marcus is awesome and will make sure you have a great time in Playa Del Carmen. The location back from the main strip also gives a goos chance to see the Mexica side of Playa Del Carmen.

We really enjoyed our stay here - it's a good basic hostel. Marcus the owner couldn't be more welcoming and helpful. The location of the hostel is perfect for cheap food and shopping - escaping the expense of the hotel zone. Best of all is the hard drive of up to 500 movies - perfect for people that have been on the road for a while.

It's sort of like living in someone's house where your not really invited but the owner puts up with you! One toilet/shower for the whole hostel but they do huge tv with endless moves to relieve you instead. Can't bring your own beers but he will provide them there for more than the store rate. And 30 minute walk to town.

Thank you for the review even if I don't fully understand your comment. If you felt we were "putting up with you", why stay an additional 3 nights on top of the 2 you originally booked? As far as bathroom count, the property has 9 bathrooms, 4 are for dorm guests the remaining 5 are for private guests. The property is situated in town with many restaurants and bars near by.Its a 30 min walk or a 5 peso bus ride to the beach is what I think you meant to post.

amazing place, a little bit far from the beach but still a very good option

Although this hostel is a little out of town, we were still pleased with it's location as we found that eating out was much cheaper than in the centre. The owner also has bikes which you can borrow for free which means that you can get to the beach in 10-15 minutes! The owner was always up for chilling with and talking to the guests and there were beers and soft drinks which you could buy and pay for at the end of your stay. Great chilled out atmosphere and also very clean. Highly recommend!!

Awesome! Stayed here twice. Love the local vibe. Easy and cheap bus system.

very nice american host.Its a little far away from the beach and the center, but with the colectivo only 5Pesos and a 5min ride. With the bike its a save and good connection as well, they have bike for you to borrow for free, thats great :) in the evening there is a restaurant next door that is playing loud music, but they turn off the music early, so no troubles sleeping! We would defenitly recommend this place!!

Marcus who owns the hostel makes it - he is really attentive

Really nice place and a break from downtown playa. It is straight up Juarez to the stadium landmark. You really can't miss it with bus or cooperative.

We had a great time at Hacienda del Sol! The staff is extremely friendly at the atmosphere is very nice. We would definitely stay here again and recommend this hostel.

• 5th Jan 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Hacienda del Sol. It's the ideal place to stay for those who sometimes like to escape from the busy downtown of Playa del Carmen. However, the beach and the pedestrian zone can be easily reached either by bike (which is provided for free at the hostel) or by colectivo (MXN 5) in 10 minutes. The kitchen is excellently equipped, you'll find pretty much everything you need and maybe you'll even have the opportunity to join in one of Marcus' barbecues! Highly recommended!

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels