Hacienda del Sol Reviews

Calle 2 Nte Mz 228 LT 6 Y 7, Entre Av 120 Y 125 Nte, Col Ejido, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

My boyfriend and I booked one night and extended twice it was so nice. So did a few other people staying. We were looked after so well by Annette who is also great company. The place was very clean and it a very convenient location. We both wished we could have stayed longer. You get so much more than you pay for.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Best place I've stayed yet. Perfect distance from town so prices aren't too high but only 5 minutes on the collectivo to get to the beach or to party. I could've taken a bike in for free but the collectivo is so easy anyway. Staff were very helpful and organised my tours super cheap for me. They even joined in when I wanted to head out or just chill with a drink. And the pool is awesome! A nice refreshing way to start the day after a big night. I'll definitely be back.

• 11th Jul 2015

Marcus is a super helpful host who will go out of his way to make sure you're comfortable. The rooms are basic, but for this price they provide everything you could need. Finding the place to start was a tad difficult, but once there, the collectivos provide a cheap, direct route to centro for 5 peso's a head. My partner and I ended up extending our stay here by a few days once we were there, and so did a few other groups - I think that says enough for itself. Would stay here again :-)

• 2nd Apr 2015

Such a great place to stay! The vibe here is chilled and much more like being at home, I actually forgot I was in a hostel. Marcus was really helpful and went out of his way to make us feel welcome. I really enjoyed my time here. The only disadvantage is it's not super close to the beach but on the other hand the food/prices aren't "tourist prices". I'd definitely stay here again.

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels