Hacienda del Sol Reviews

Calle 2 Nte Mz 228 LT 6 Y 7, Entre Av 120 Y 125 Nte, Col Ejido, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

We had a great time in this hostel with the staff and we also had a nice bbq together Nice pool and bikes for free. kitchen very clean. we recomend this place! Gracias por todo Manuela :)

I stayed in a single room which was spacious, with a private bathroom, balcony, and AC. It looked like a hotel, for only $30/night! The hostel is very clean (part is a house), and Manuela went out of her way to make guests feel welcome including Monday happy hour. Although the hostel is far from the beach, there are bicycles free to borrow, and you can take a taxi (30 pesos) or small bus (collectivo, 5 pesos) into town. Many cheap places to eat nearby, would definitely stay again!

Hola Thank you for taking the time to review, it is appreciated. besos Manuela

Wow!! You feel at home from the start. Manuela(owner/world traveler) and Romero did everything possible to accommodate me from showing me the local area to answering questions or getting answers, to socializing. Romero personally took me to the pharmacy and hardware stores. Manuela looked like a humming bird as she made her way around the hostel. Remember it is a hostel those wanting a hotel, stay on the beach and pay 3-4 times the price. A 2 day reservation will become a 2-3 week stay !!!

Most friendly staff I have met thus far. Its a little ways from downtown, but you get the feel of the city a bit more.

• 16th Jun 2014

Hola thanks for the review, - to all - stop downrating my location. You choose to stay in my Hostel which is NOT near the beach. Within 1 minute walk you have- 11 Restaurants, 2 Bars, 2 Supermarkets etc etc and all for half the price of Playa Del Carmen. Manuela Hostelowner (staff?)

Great Hostal, we had lovely stay here. It is a bit away from the beach but it is easy and cheap to get a bus or colectivo to the beach. The owner Manuela is great, very friendly and helpful. Highly recomended.

Hola I really enjoyed your company, so respectful and considerate, many thanks for that and the review. Safe Travel. Manuela

A great hostel!!! Manuela is the ultimate host and has your best interests at heart, staying here was like going home to your parents!

Hola loved having you stay with me, you are so gorgeous, Safe Travel and thank you for taking the time to review.

Manwella and Raminou are excellent hosts. They made you feel right at home with such a stunning place, its pretty much hotel standards. Cleanest hostle ive been to since ive been travelling so far. Manwella is very caring even when i had a ear infection she took the time to see if im ok and needed any medication. Everyone complains about the distance to the town but its not even that far. For 5 pesos you just catch the collectivo which will take less then 5 minutes to get to the main strip.

• 31st May 2014

We only started one night so we didn't get the chance to talk much with the others. Manuella is a very charming and welcoming person who makes you feel at home. As it is far from the center you can really relax and Forget about the turism chaos. We were in car so didn't have much problem to move to the center and beaches. I recommand it!

Loved my stay here! Manuela, the owner, makes you feel at home from the moment you arrive. She is a wealth of knowledge and great fun. The hostel has nice, secure, clean rooms and 2 outdoor areas where you can sit and relax by the pool! It is away from the party zone, but it is only a 5 peso Collectivo ride away, so no big deal. Great place.

Really nice hostel. The area looks bad, but its friendly and safe. 7 mins colectivo from the beach. Big pool, TV and places to hang out. Decent kitchen and BBQ. WiFi only in communal areas. Enough plugs in room but not by all beds. Small, decent lockers. The mattresses are quite worn, you can feel the springs. But its a good place to chill out and explore the area.

You chose the location and continued to stay here for 2 long weeks. Every day I had to clean up after you in the kitchen when you cooked another one of your disgusting rice concoction. All you ever did was sit and smoke all day in my Hostel. If the mattress was not to your liking, how about saying something. What did you ever do to add to the Atmosphere? Its people like you who make running a Hostel a chore. Manuela Hostelowner

This is a great hostel if you want to be away from the tourist chaos (and prices) of the beach but close enough to bike there. When we stayed the vibe was very relaxed which was perfect but I'm sure it changes as the guests do. As you arrive the un paved road and messy neighbours may worry you, but don't, the area is and feels very safe.

Peace of heaven, everything was perfect !!

• 31st Mar 2014

Merci mon ami

Loved my stay at this great hostel which is away from the hustle&bustle. But it's close enough to downtown to join the party easily whenever you like to do. The property itself is amazing and offers everything you need for a pleasant stay: an amazing pool, 2 nice palapas to socialize with other guests or to relax in a hammock. The facilities are very clean and you'll find everything you need (i.e. TV, computer, WIFI, kitchen etc). The host, Manuela, does everything to make you feel like home.

Simply the BEST! Just like her actress look -a- like Glenn Close I wish to nominate Manuella as host/ess to receive your TOP award for her time, effort and dedication in looking after her guests. Manuella works tirelessly running the business single handidly from dawn till dusk . I returned to Hacienda del Sol with a ripped holdall and Manuella personally took me to get the bag repaired. No problem! I am looking forward to returning to Hacienda paradise Sol. All the best Billy Walker

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Hola thank you for making me sound so fabulous, looking forward to meeting you again some day. saludos Glenn aka Manuela

We only stayed for one night so didn't get a chance to really soak in the atmosphere but there was a nice sun terrace in the inner courtyard with hammocks etc. The location is great as near the main ferry terminal back to playa and in a really nice area for restaurants and bars, a short (but welcome) distance away from the mare tacky, tourist area down the seafront.

Hola and thank you for taking the time to review. Manuela

My friend and I had a really great time back in February. Thanks for showing us where that good restaurant and how to take the bus into Centro. We really liked your hostel!

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels