Hagallile Hostel Reviews

The Gallile Street 46th, Tiberias, Tiberias, Israel

Got my money's worth, just wanted to have a pillow and bed for my tired body for the night; didn't like the upper bed, but what can you do it's a hostel. Liked the camaraderie and conversations among 'stranger' young hostelers.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

I paid my deposit to Hostel World. However when i arrived both the owner and staff insisted this was to reserve the bed space. Dont book in advance so you dont get cheated out of your 10%. Dishonest and unfriendly people with an atitude should not be allowed to run a hostel!

The place is really good, the rooms have their own private toilet, free coffee and tea, good location to walk around the city but if you want to go to a nicer beach you have to go with the car a bit further. The kitchen is so small and a dirty.

Only one guy of the stuff was able to speak proper English. I was in a room next to the reception where one guy was playing computer games all day long already in morning which is kind of annoying when you are trying to sleep. the bathroom was sticky and not very nice. kitchen is just a bad joke. if there wouldnt have been another girl in my room I would probably have left again. we were the only guests.

Great free tea/coffee/chilled water facilities Friendly owner Quiet town in May 2014

The hostel was cosy and laid-back. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And it was cheap!!

• 14th Apr 2014

Very basic hostel, good for staying 1-2 nights max. No breakfast, but tea and coffee provided. No toilet paper.

Good basic hostel in good location not far from bus station. Beware of the cafe on the corner south of the hostel, I got ripped off there 240 shekels for a meal.

Not a fancy hostel, but centrally located in Tiberias. Communal spaces were lacking and the main hallway was always a bit dark. It was quiet and the showers were hot with good pressure and the wifi reliable. When I went, it was just what I needed.

Great place to explore the area and to enjoy the cosy Tiberias. Free parking (rare in Israel!) next to the hostel. Worth a visit.