Haggis Hostels Reviews

5/3 West Register Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Hello Me and my friend had a great stay at the Haggis Hostel! We would really propose this one to friends and family when they visit Edinburgh! Go you Hearts! Thanks!

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Haggis Hostel is very centrally located in Edinburgh which is a big Plus compensating for the fact they are a little dearer than other hostels. I found the staff on all shifts to be very attentive to folks. The kitchen, showers and bathrooms are very clean. The sense of space can feel somewhat compressed, especially in the kitchen, where the refrigerator door opens into the nearest dining table, and the dorm room as well and compactly arranged. Overall I was pleased with my stay.

Pleasant place to stay. Very helpful staff especially considering they helped me with my luggage up the stairs (20+ steps). Would be lovely to see an elevator in that building but Haggis is doing the best they can to make guests' access comfortable. If you're traveling relatively light - it's fine. Location is excellent right next (50m) to Princes Street and very central. About 10 min (max) walk from Waverley Station. Clean place and there's always room for improvement in this area. Good WiFi.

The shower is horrible!!! The location is very good, but the building is smelly and ugly. The room was cold.