Haikou Banana International Youth Hostel Reviews

3-4 Liyuan Villas, Renmin Road, Haikou, China

Chinese toilets!

I spent one night here, it was good overall. Beware the beds are hard but for the price was ok. The bathroom is a little bit too average. For some reason the WiFi was really slow. I had some issues with the internet. The kitchen opens at 8 am. They have a good pool table and books. Instructions to get there were clear.

Nice hostel, next to a bus stop to go to the city center. The room was big and clean and the bathroom as well

I arrived at 1am at the hostel and nobody was there. I had written them a mail before that I will arrive at that time and they had answered me that it is ok. But by the time I arrived nobody was there. Luckily I found the staff room and after knocking a few times loadly at the door the girl from the staff opened and gave me the Key to my room. Other than that the hostel is ok.

The direction given to find the hostel was useful. The staff was helpful. The room was good. The bus service was near to the hostel. It was a nice stay.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

Despite Lonely Planet saying its the best hostel in Hainan-its not! But it gets an award for the hardest matresses in China! Rooms are small, only squat toilets and the staff is not helpful (directions are useless:" Just get a train there and then ask someone else").

It can be difficult to live up to good reviews from Lonely Planet. Guest have different expectations and motivations while traveling. Some of our single rooms are not particularly large and some have squat toilets (all have air-con, TV, wi-fi, en-suite shower). These are our cheapest private rooms. If the size of room is important we suggest booking a double bed room, however these are a little more expensive. We will use your quote to further train staff on what makes good/bad customer service.