Hailun Ya Ju Reviews

No. 27 Guangxi Road, Shi Nan District, Qingdao, China

Thats was quite an experience! We arrived late and we were greeted by the owner of the hostel in his hostel or shall I say second hand store? As a welcome gift we received Qingdao Beer in a plastic bag (which was nice) but our room (the best one) was stacked up with a whole lot of flea market stuff and big old long case locks that went off at midnight in our sleep. Lots of stuff in our room more like a junk room. Bathroom and shower was very chinese (what shall I say.....

Hi everyone, Our experience was disgusting experience, ceiling hight around 1,70 meter, I felt like Notre Dame's hunchback....rooms without bed sheets, air conditioning (only one small fan), bed lenght around 1,70 too....one room for midgets... We decided to change to one normal hotel after the first night. About shared bath, better no comments.....

The whole place is full of clocks and other antique objects, but this makes the atmosphere really good. I was in a room without a window, but normally only the girlfriend of the owner stays there. The 'Lao Zhang' offered me to change room for the second night, but I didn't do it since I was already settled. I didn't have AC, only a small fan, and the room was tiny. No closet or table (only a pile of magazines with a lamp on top). But since I only paid 100 a night I didn't mind.

• 20th Jul 2013
  • Belgium

The hostel is extremely crowded and the lighting is very minimal. My friends decided to change to another place without hesitation once we arrived there.