Hak's House Reviews

Wat Chok Road, Next to build bright university,Vihear Jen Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Jul 2015

I had a really good stay. Staff were very helpful. Free water was a great touch. It's not far from the centre, old market, night market and pub street ( I've seen some people say it's quite far but it's really not maybe a 10-15 minute walk) Would stay there again.

Really good hostel. Very welcoming and helpful when booking trips or transport. Loved the free breakfast and water.

Had a bit of an issue after coming down the night before asking if a rickshaw could be arranged for the morning. After twenty minutes of being told it would be coming we ended up hailing one instead as we didn't have time to wait any longer. A bit far out location wise and rooms were quite small. Okay for one night en route to airport but would not liked to have stayed longer.

My reservation was not received and there was no private room available when I arrived. My email about airport pickup was not received either. So there is a lot of room for improvement in the digital communications area. I spent the first night in a dorm, where the sink was blocked.

We were happy with the hostel until I looked up my receipt on the bus to Phnom Pehn and notice that I was charged 2$ for a breakfast that I didn't have (i stayed in a dorm the first night) and this even though the clerk asked me if I had it. We felt quite cheated.

When I got to Hak's House I was told that they didn't have any private rooms free (which is what I booked in advance), only dorms, and so they were moving me to their family guesthouse, I Win Villa. From reading other reviews on here I can see that they do this regularly. In my opinion, regardless of whether or not the alternative is acceptable (it was OK but my room was hot and stuffy and very dark, with only one very low watt light bulb), it is not fair to treat customers in this way.

Hak was the most courteous of the staff, being the owner, but the rest of the staff were not very helpful nor friendly. I hired a tuk tuk driver through the hostel for Angkor wat and he was very unpleasant and told us we would not have the whole day at Angkor as promised by Hak. The area is a bit sketchy at night - about a 20 min walk to pub street. The dorms are very cramped but quite clean. They do make fantastic mango smoothies... And they have an awesome selection of movies and shows.

Little too far of a walk to the markets and Pub Street (15 minutes which isn't bad) Being that there were dogs everywhere, a group of us were walking back late at night a little on edge. Also, there's a little river you pass by that isn't very appealing to the eyes or nose. The value is awesome, Hak is so nice and helpful. Rooms are cozy with a nice bathroom. Nice common area out front. The last morning at 6am on, I was awakened by extremely loud, banging music from a restaurant 2 doors up.

Great place. Great staff. Great stay

Hak is amazing! But his staff lack morals and training. Most of them are completely ignorant and rude to the guests. The 6 bed dorm was okay but the walls seriously need to be cleaned.

Unfortunately, the accommodations were full so we stayed at a I Win Hostel. Which was not a win, our aircon didn't work. However, we did all our bookings and had our breakfast as Haks House Hostel. I think it would have been really good if we had actually stayed there. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and spoke really good english! Not a far walk to the markets, and only a 2$ TukTuk back.

Great place - bit far from town and walking home at night doesn't always feel safe. But lovely staff, decent atmosphere, great breakfast.. All at a good price!!

Hak was extremely helpful in giving us advice on what to do, how much things were and organizing our trip to Angkor Wat. Being picked up from the airport on arrival was a huge bonus and made us feel right at home.