Haka Lodge Queenstown Reviews

6 Henry St, Queenstown, New Zealand

This is by far the best hostel in Queenstown. I have never felt more welcome during my stay in a new environment. The attention to detail for cleanliness really made it feel like a home. They also strictly enforce the quiet past 10:30 rule so if you have a big day planned out the next morning then you will get a nice sleep. Also the curtains and bag lockers in the room were amazing. Finally, the friendliness of the front desk was a cherry on top. Stay here!

• 19th May 2015

The bed quality in this hostel is the best I've seen with pull curtains to create some privacy in a 6 person dorm. They also have outlets and lights by each bed with is a bonus. It wasn't as social as other places I've stayed at but pretty cool. I'm staying here again when I get back to Queenstown.

Super fab hostel, very close to town but quiet enough at night for a good sleep

We were in a double room too expensive for what it is, it was suppose to be a deluxe room but the room was small, the bed was big and comfortable but we had no need of the tv. The hostel is too noisy, we could hear people walking upstair and people talking in the room next to us. The hostel is new so it looks clean but probably made with cheap materials... Maybe it is better in dorm, atmosphere and staff were nice otherwise.

Great hostel!

• 16th Apr 2015

The best backpacker in Queenstown !! Very nice atmosphere, very clean and a awesome staff !!

Loved this hostel... made to feel welcome by the amazing staff from the day I arrived. Highly recommended for anyone coming to Queenstown!!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Wales

The dorm I was in was quite small but there was tons of under bed storage space in drawers. Nice kitchen and friendly staff.

We stayed in the apartment. It was huge! It has its own bathroom complete with shower and washer and dryer. It has its own kitchen, tv, and separate bedroom. It was a great value for the price! Great friendly and helpful staff! One of the best hostels I have stayed in.

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in (I stayed in the apartment).

I loved this hostel! It's the best hostel I've stayed at. No complaints whatsoever.

Brilliant hostel. Great staff, location, facilities and beds. Only improvement would be a pc for guests to use. But wifi is free and fast.

One of the best hostel I stayed in queenstown (out of 4 of them). It is clean, great facilities (include balcony area and 24 hour lounge area with kitchen capabilities). Rooms and beds are spacious. Bathroom has free towels you can use - look like hotel. The location is central but in a quieter area. High recommended!

Excellent place to stay with great staff.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Clean and Friendly

Very comfortable beds and pillows!

If you want a quieter stay in this party town, stay here. Great location and facilities.

The room I was in was very compact with 6 beds and a narrow space down the middle also in the shower/ bathroom there was a good amount of mold growing in the corners and in the ceiling. The reception staff was very nice and helpful

Firstly thanks for taking the time to leave a review - it's really helpful to us. We're really sorry about your experience of mildew in the shower - we are aware of the bathroom you mention and since your stay the mildew has been fully removed. This bathroom is scheduled for a complete renovation in the next few weeks. We hope you found the rest of the hostel clean and tidy - we aim to make it as neat & pretty as possible. Happy onward travels : )

Great hostel- centrally located, clean, friendly staff!

• 22nd Jan 2015

Thanks for your great feedback! I will pass your words on to the rest of the team. Happy onward travels : )

Sensational hostel. Easily the best place I've stayed in Queenstown, and probably one of the top hostels I've been to on my travels. The owner is incredibly friendly and helpful, and the place is immaculate. Massive storage under each bed, huge bunks which are made up on arrival, free unlimited WiFi, two kitchens, a lounge, sun deck and not too big a place either so easy to meet and chat to other people staying there.