Haka Lodge Queenstown Reviews

6 Henry St, Queenstown, New Zealand

Staff were not welcoming, didn't show us the facilities, we had to work out where things where ourselves. We stayed in a private room, the lights didn't work, staff didn't bother to apologise, or show us, just told us we had to fiddle with the switch & work it out ourselves, lamps didn't work in the room either & bedsheets where unchanged. The common area is tiny, each time we went in there, we had to sit on the uncomfortable beanbags & finally, walls are paper thin, and doors squeak

Bad experience, we signed a condition before we moved in about the rules there, like be quite after 10:30pm, actually there was a big party at that night, which was really noisy and also a quarrel outside our room, (our room was near the toilet and kitchen, we can hear their words clearly). It haven't stop until 12:30. Really disappointed.

Dear Shiying.Thanks for taking time to leave us some feedback & sincere apologies for your experience. I know exactly the evening you are refering to because we were alerted to some very badly behaved guests on that night. Our onsite staff member was only made aware of the situation at 12.30pm & the situation was then promptly dealt with. The guests were asked to leave first thing the next day. This is a very rare occurence, but we sincerely apologise for the disturbance. All the very best : )

Absolutely fantastic! The beds were sturdy bunks in the dorms so no squeaking or wobbling! Clean showers, toilets and kitchen. The guy in charge was brilliant! Always nice to have someone on reception with personality. Wish I could have stayed longer!!

I booked just one night on my booking, but after checkin, I loved the place so I changed my mind and stayed 2 night. Had a small problem luggage misplace( I had to change room because of booking issue) But Staffs helped us very kindly and found it very soon

• 5th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Thanks for giving Haka Lodge some great feedback. We're glad you loved the place! We do too. Sorry that your luggage was misplaced, but glad it was resolved quickly - you'll be glad to know that we've increased our storage since your stay and there'snow even more room for left luggage. Happy onward travels : )

This hostel was very clean and pleasant. The staff were all exceptionally polite and helpful. T I would stay there again for sure if I was visiting Queenstown.

Thanks for your great review - we really appreciate you taking the time to share you experience. We love Haka Lodge being a cosy, clean home-from-home where guests can relax and enjoy Queenstown to the max. Happy travels : )

A beautiful place with nice people and staff. I enjoyed the three days I've spent there and would always go back there.

• 28th May 2014

The design of the bunk bed is good. Big storage under bed. Curtain and the head light make everyone have their own privacy is a plus! Good heating systems. public area like bathrooms and kitchens can always keep tidy which is good. One thing is a shame i can't book in another night as fully booked.

• 27th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very clean, quiet and comfortable. Every bed has its own locker, lamp and socket in the dorms which was brilliant. The beds also have a pull around curtain for privacy. Lovely big kitchen too. Not the liveliest place, which suited me fine. But if you're looking for a party hostel look elsewhere.

Very nice! Staff very friendly and helpfull! Clean bathrooms and rooms are cosy. Kitchen is very cute. Will stay again! :)

• 14th May 2014

Our private twin room was quite spacious, although the room shared a wall to the kitchen, we appreciated the curfew times at night. Shared bathroom was very clean. Kitchen had what we needed although at busy times it felt a bit squished when sitting down to eat. Location was quite convenient, very close to grocery store we were able to drop by there at the end of the day after our tours.

Fantastic place to stay. I originally booked a couple nights at Haka and ended up staying about a week. Very friendly staff, great rooms, good wifi and close to everything in Queenstown. I'd highly recommend Haka. It's a bit more chill than some of the other hostels in the area and has a great lounge/kitchens for watching a movie, relaxing and meeting other people.

Great privacy curtains around the beds

Awesome small hostel, happy & helpfull staff, nice location to town and supermarket. Ended up staying much longer than planned & returned when I came back to Queenstown.

• 24th Apr 2014

Clean, cozy and small hostel with the friendliest staff. One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Comfy beds and hang out areas. Dorms are slightly small, but the big plus is the curtains and small lights in beds. 5min walk from the centre, but this gives you a good night sleep since there's no traffic on the streets. Definitely would recommend

everyone was friendly, the rooms were excellent and clean as were the kitchens and it seems a very simple thing but the wifi is strong and free. we stayed at many hostels in the south island over the 2 weeks and were charged huge amounts for wifi.

We only stayed one night at this hotel and appreciated the central location definitely. With queenstown offering so many activities, we didn't have much time to hang out at the hostel itself. However, our night was comfortable, cleanliness decent, would definitely recommend staying.

Comfy dorms perfect for a night's sleep with a privacy curtain, a light, a plug and a big locker for everyone. The two kicthens are very well equipped and perfect for cooking and socializing. There is also a nice lounge to watch movies and hotel like bathrooms. On the last night, they ugraded me to a twin room, so it has it's perks to stick around. The dorm I was staing in has giant windows that opened to the parking and basically meant that anyone could come in and grab stuff. Bit noisy in twin

Really lovely hostel in a good central location. Excellent facilities and the staff are really helpful.

Nice rooms, nice decoration and furniture. Comfortable and modern bathroom. Five minutes max from the heart of the city. Quiet. Perfect.

Nice and cozy place. More than enough space for everybody in comparison to the amount of beds, very good.