Haka Lodge Queenstown Reviews

6 Henry St, Queenstown, New Zealand

Most amazing hostel I've ever been in! The mood was amazing!! Free chocolate fondu on Wednesday with fruit and snacks galore. The staff was sweet and helpful. Just a really luxury place to stay and for so cheap!

Similar to their operation in Auckland. Spotlessly clean, decor that is simultaneously homely(alpine lodge style) but has an upmarket feel (especially bathroom and shower facilities). Good atmosphere although densely packed,and very helpful staff. One of those hostels where apart from the tightly packed guests, it feels like a hotel. Great place, would highly recommend. If you're in queenstown, stay here - it's a no brainer.

Had a brilliant weekend in the Queenstown haka lodge. Even thothough we weren't in much. The staff were excellent, and the secure ski room was greatly appreciated. Curtains on the bunk is genius

• 7th Aug 2015

great hostel, very busy with long termers who keep to themselves. staff are very nice and hostel has good facilities which are kept very clean. Great location!

The hostel was in a great location, very close to the shops and bus stops. Facilities in the hostel were also very good. One thing I would have liked was basics at breakfast like some cereal/milk/bread like some other hostels do. Not a full breakfast but something would have been nice. Otherwise the place was great and I would recommend staying there.

Great location, cosy hostel. The room we stayed at was a bit noisier s it was next to a bathroom so my girlfriend had trouble sleeping. The heater also needed supplementing with an electric heater as well. Other than that, a great warm atmosphere, great staff, and conveniently located just away from the noisy bars in Queenstown!

This is the most amazing hostel ever. It's so clean, and nice and modern. The rooms are sick, you have your own storage cabinate under the bunk, your own light and little storage shelves aswell. They have a heated ski storage room and the kitchens and facilities are really good. Two bad things about it are that the drains in the showers and the social aspect at Haka isn't as high as I'd experienced at other places, there were never many people in the kitchens to chat to and meet.

Very very small rooms!I stayed in a 4 beds dorm and I felt trapped, the rooms were super small. The staff were pretty average, too I found more helpful and friendly staff in other hostels in my nz trip by far, they were just meh... I liked the facilities, they were really nice, the lounge room was always warm. I think they should improve more in the cleanliness although, I stayed here because all the hostels in queenstown were fully booked, but there are much better hostels in Queenstown

Thanks for leaving us a review. We're sorry you found the rooms small. Our dorm's are compact as space is at a premium in central Queenstown, but we provide each bunk with privacy curtain, shelf, bed light and powerpoints to create private space for each guest. I'm glad you found the hostel warm and the facilities really nice. It's very unusual to hear our staff refered to as 'meh' - maybe you caught them before their first cup of coffee! Hope you have great onward travels :

really nice hostel - a little bit quiet at times but clean, comfy, powerpoints and stuff all by the beds, very helpful staff, tidy kitchen - would stay again for sure.

• 4th Jul 2015

Excellent location, close to cbd but far enough away. Facilities and Ido boards were great but I found because of the layout I didn't bother with the common rooms. I had a great time and look forward to my next visit!

• 1st Jul 2015

Hi there! Thanks for leaving such a fantastic review. Our layout is a little confusing when you first arrive - hopefully our check-in tour helps to familiarise guests with the building and we're always at the front desk to help! We look forward to seeing you again : )

good environment

• 29th Jun 2015
  • China

This is by far the best hostel in Queenstown. I have never felt more welcome during my stay in a new environment. The attention to detail for cleanliness really made it feel like a home. They also strictly enforce the quiet past 10:30 rule so if you have a big day planned out the next morning then you will get a nice sleep. Also the curtains and bag lockers in the room were amazing. Finally, the friendliness of the front desk was a cherry on top. Stay here!

• 19th May 2015

Wow! Thanks for the brilliant review - it makes all our hard work worth while. Have great onward travels : )

The bed quality in this hostel is the best I've seen with pull curtains to create some privacy in a 6 person dorm. They also have outlets and lights by each bed with is a bonus. It wasn't as social as other places I've stayed at but pretty cool. I'm staying here again when I get back to Queenstown.

Super fab hostel, very close to town but quiet enough at night for a good sleep

We were in a double room too expensive for what it is, it was suppose to be a deluxe room but the room was small, the bed was big and comfortable but we had no need of the tv. The hostel is too noisy, we could hear people walking upstair and people talking in the room next to us. The hostel is new so it looks clean but probably made with cheap materials... Maybe it is better in dorm, atmosphere and staff were nice otherwise.

Great hostel!

• 16th Apr 2015

Fantastic hostel! I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm for 4 nights and I especially loved the curtains on the beds. They also have plugs at every bed and a little shelf thingy to put your phone, key etc on during the night. The rooms are not very big but they are clean and the huge drawers under the beds have enough storage (and they can be locked). But I can imagine that it might be a bit inconvenient to cram a suitcase or large backpack into them. I only had a small backpack which was perfect.

The best backpacker in Queenstown !! Very nice atmosphere, very clean and a awesome staff !!

Loved this hostel... made to feel welcome by the amazing staff from the day I arrived. Highly recommended for anyone coming to Queenstown!!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Wales

The dorm I was in was quite small but there was tons of under bed storage space in drawers. Nice kitchen and friendly staff.