Haka Lodge Queenstown Reviews

6 Henry St, Queenstown, New Zealand

Great hostel- centrally located, clean, friendly staff!

• 22nd Jan 2015

Sensational hostel. Easily the best place I've stayed in Queenstown, and probably one of the top hostels I've been to on my travels. The owner is incredibly friendly and helpful, and the place is immaculate. Massive storage under each bed, huge bunks which are made up on arrival, free unlimited WiFi, two kitchens, a lounge, sun deck and not too big a place either so easy to meet and chat to other people staying there.

Amazing!!! Friendly staff...and amazing rooms!!!

Fantastic hostel!!!!! Would highly recommend to anyone as this has been my favourite and best hostel by far. Its really clean, you can get a decent nights sleep. Love how the beds are set out, each has its own power supply and light, a curtain and a large storage draw so there is no excuse for anyone to leave their stuff lying all over the floor. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Also... FREE WIFI!!!!!

Very accommodating. The man at front desk (I believe the posted photo and info in the lobby called him the Red Bearded Bear???) was very helpful. He let us know everything we needed to know, and where to get some great grub and beer! I wish we could have stayed longer than 1 night.

Had amazing time in Queenstown and Haka Lodge! Very friendly staff, very clean place, good bathrooms, good bedroom! I liked it very much!

Great backpacker!! Each bunk has its own curtain, reading light, power plug and storage drawer under the bunk with padlocks on request. Free unlimited wifi. Awesome shower pressure. Free parking. I would definitely recommend this place.

The hostel and staff were great, there didnt appear to be many bathroom facilities, but it didnt cause a problem.

• 19th Oct 2014

Excellent location. One of their staff, GEORGE, is really funny and tends to forget everything but is incredibly helpful. We love him! The kitchen only opens at 7am and because we had to leave for the Milford Sound tour, we couldn't get to our breakfast in the fridge lol. Also take note that if staying in Dorm rooms, the ladders to top bunks are not attached! People have fallen backwards howling early in the morning and I got a shock while climbing too! Not safe if you are prone to falling haha

Great policy of quiet or out after 10.30 pm - although the staff themselves didn't adhere to this on one of the nights they wanted to go out. Good place if you want a sociable time but also want to sleep well. Dimmer lights and bed curtains made it private and less disturbance.

Great hostel with friendly staff and good facilities. Better than some other hostels in queenstown especially if you want a more chilled out place.

• 18th Sep 2014

Haka is a great place. The staff are amazing, and the Queenstown Hill walk is right behind it. It was super clean, and the beds each had their own power outlet, lamp, and curtain. There was a storage/drying area for ski/snowboard gear, and an amazing common room. I would definitely stay there again.

Haka Lodge Queenstown is truly excellent! Lots of space, amazing facilities in the kitchen, a great lounge, close to town and free wifi! The building layout is fun and quirky and has a very comforting 'homey' vibe. I was amazed with the cleanliness of the hostel- the bathrooms, kitchens, bedroom and shared areas were absolutely stunning. Best beds ever, a privacy curtain! The staff at Haka are what really made the difference. They were welcoming, professional, helpful and hilarious. Thanks guys!

Very clean and warm. Really happy with the facilities.

• 4th Aug 2014

This hostel is somewhat of a maze and the rooms are pretty small, but other than that it's an excellent hostel. Not too big and good for meeting people, exactly what I was looking for.