Haka Lodge Queenstown Reviews

6 Henry St, Queenstown, New Zealand

This is the most amazing hostel ever. It's so clean, and nice and modern. The rooms are sick, you have your own storage cabinate under the bunk, your own light and little storage shelves aswell. They have a heated ski storage room and the kitchens and facilities are really good. Two bad things about it are that the drains in the showers and the social aspect at Haka isn't as high as I'd experienced at other places, there were never many people in the kitchens to chat to and meet.

Very very small rooms!I stayed in a 4 beds dorm and I felt trapped, the rooms were super small. The staff were pretty average, too I found more helpful and friendly staff in other hostels in my nz trip by far, they were just meh... I liked the facilities, they were really nice, the lounge room was always warm. I think they should improve more in the cleanliness although, I stayed here because all the hostels in queenstown were fully booked, but there are much better hostels in Queenstown

Thanks for leaving us a review. We're sorry you found the rooms small. Our dorm's are compact as space is at a premium in central Queenstown, but we provide each bunk with privacy curtain, shelf, bed light and powerpoints to create private space for each guest. I'm glad you found the hostel warm and the facilities really nice. It's very unusual to hear our staff refered to as 'meh' - maybe you caught them before their first cup of coffee! Hope you have great onward travels :

really nice hostel - a little bit quiet at times but clean, comfy, powerpoints and stuff all by the beds, very helpful staff, tidy kitchen - would stay again for sure.

• 4th Jul 2015

Excellent location, close to cbd but far enough away. Facilities and Ido boards were great but I found because of the layout I didn't bother with the common rooms. I had a great time and look forward to my next visit!

• 1st Jul 2015

Hi there! Thanks for leaving such a fantastic review. Our layout is a little confusing when you first arrive - hopefully our check-in tour helps to familiarise guests with the building and we're always at the front desk to help! We look forward to seeing you again : )

good environment

• 29th Jun 2015
  • China

This is by far the best hostel in Queenstown. I have never felt more welcome during my stay in a new environment. The attention to detail for cleanliness really made it feel like a home. They also strictly enforce the quiet past 10:30 rule so if you have a big day planned out the next morning then you will get a nice sleep. Also the curtains and bag lockers in the room were amazing. Finally, the friendliness of the front desk was a cherry on top. Stay here!

• 19th May 2015

Wow! Thanks for the brilliant review - it makes all our hard work worth while. Have great onward travels : )

The bed quality in this hostel is the best I've seen with pull curtains to create some privacy in a 6 person dorm. They also have outlets and lights by each bed with is a bonus. It wasn't as social as other places I've stayed at but pretty cool. I'm staying here again when I get back to Queenstown.

Super fab hostel, very close to town but quiet enough at night for a good sleep

We were in a double room too expensive for what it is, it was suppose to be a deluxe room but the room was small, the bed was big and comfortable but we had no need of the tv. The hostel is too noisy, we could hear people walking upstair and people talking in the room next to us. The hostel is new so it looks clean but probably made with cheap materials... Maybe it is better in dorm, atmosphere and staff were nice otherwise.

Great hostel!

• 16th Apr 2015

Fantastic hostel! I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm for 4 nights and I especially loved the curtains on the beds. They also have plugs at every bed and a little shelf thingy to put your phone, key etc on during the night. The rooms are not very big but they are clean and the huge drawers under the beds have enough storage (and they can be locked). But I can imagine that it might be a bit inconvenient to cram a suitcase or large backpack into them. I only had a small backpack which was perfect.

The best backpacker in Queenstown !! Very nice atmosphere, very clean and a awesome staff !!

Loved this hostel... made to feel welcome by the amazing staff from the day I arrived. Highly recommended for anyone coming to Queenstown!!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Wales

The dorm I was in was quite small but there was tons of under bed storage space in drawers. Nice kitchen and friendly staff.

We stayed in the apartment. It was huge! It has its own bathroom complete with shower and washer and dryer. It has its own kitchen, tv, and separate bedroom. It was a great value for the price! Great friendly and helpful staff! One of the best hostels I have stayed in.

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in (I stayed in the apartment).

I loved this hostel! It's the best hostel I've stayed at. No complaints whatsoever.

Brilliant hostel. Great staff, location, facilities and beds. Only improvement would be a pc for guests to use. But wifi is free and fast.

One of the best hostel I stayed in queenstown (out of 4 of them). It is clean, great facilities (include balcony area and 24 hour lounge area with kitchen capabilities). Rooms and beds are spacious. Bathroom has free towels you can use - look like hotel. The location is central but in a quieter area. High recommended!

Excellent place to stay with great staff.

• 7th Mar 2015