Haka Lodge Queenstown Reviews

6 Henry St, Queenstown, New Zealand

Excellent hostel. I would definitely stay there again ! The rooms, bathrooms, kitchen are very modern and clean. Nice atmosphere very close to the centre.

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us :)

One of the more upmarket hostels I have stayed in. Great facilities and staff.

Thanks for reviewing us!

Favorite hostel! Perks include excellent full bathrooms with floor and hand towels, super clean kitchens and plenty of cookware, big outside balcony, sunscreen at the front desk, wall sockets right next to beds, sturdy wooden beds that don't shake if someone on either bunk rises, personal bunk curtains, quiet, the place has lots of windows and natural light coming in, and much more. Well cared for and managed. It felt like the cute apartment I have always wanted!

• 20th Jan 2016

Thanks for your lovely feedback! W try really hard to make Haka Lodge a home from home so it's great that you felt so comfortable :)

Best hostel I've ever been in, really clean, beds were amazingly comfortable and everything was so pretty!

All our mattresses have recently been upgraded to hotel quality so we're glad you were comfy!

Pleasant facilities close to town. Not sure how the new high rise they are building next door will affect it.

• 11th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your review. We are working closely with the team next door to minimise the impact it has on our lodge & look forward to work being completed so we can have a look round! :)

The Haka Lodge was a perfrft place for my friends and to stay in Queenstown. The facilities were beautiful and everyone was very friendly. My favorite part were the beds- they each had a curtain you could lose o block out light from other guests in your dormitory. Would recommend to anyone!

• 7th Jan 2016

Glad you enjoyed the privacy of the dorm rooms. Be sure to pay us a visit if you come back to Queenstown!

BEST HOSTEL IN QUEENSTOWN

Best place in Queenstown

Excellent hostel! It exceeded my expectations. Everything was perfect.

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Argentina

Best bunk beds, ever. One and only improvement would be to provide bath towels at check-in but that's about it.

• 9th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Glad you liked our comfy beds! We do rent towels at the front desk, to compensate for laundry costs, but appreciate your feedback, thank you :)

Overall, very positive

Thanks, appreciate you leaving us some feedback!

Best place I stayed, v chilled, not for the party hearty

• 3rd Dec 2015

Really glad you enjoyed our quiet, happy hostel, hopefully see you again!

Great location, located on a quiet street but really close to the busy Queenstown shops. The room was way too small but cosy.

Awesome place to stay, perfect location, friendly staff and nice beds to sleep in! Nice and clean and comfortable hostel to stay in!

• 15th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Best hostel of new zealand

The receptionist who greeted me (who i won't name) was extremely sour and didn't seem interested in helping me. She talked to me as if i were a child not an equal. The building itself is a maze and i would have preferred that they not lock the kitchen doors until 7am. Because if you're going for a cruise to milford early in the morning it means that your food is stuck in the locked kitchen. (There is a 24 hour kitchen but you have to remember to move all your groceries the night before)

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. I'm disappointed that you found your welcome not up to scratch. We normally receive great feedback about our staff so this was very surprising. Our main kitchen is locked overnight because there are rooms very close by & we don't want people to be kept awake. We're lucky to have two facilities for our guests to use & we keep the second one open so that people can have breakfast before they leave for the day. Safe onward travels :)

The hostel was lovely, staff very welcoming and great location. There was very limited space in rooms though, the beds were uncomfortable and we booked into one dorm and were split between two.

• 24th Oct 2015

Hi, Thanks for your feedback :) Sorry that you found the beds uncomfortable, we recently upgraded our mattresses & usually hear that they are very comfy. Some of our dorm rooms are limited on space, but hopefully people made use of the large drawers underneath the bunks to store any big bags. We do try to keep group bookings together, however this really depends on what has previuosly been booked & so we cannot guarantee that you'll be in the same dorm. Kind regards :)

Hostel was nice enough, however we found it noisy and not enough toilet facilities. Also although the front door has a code lock but if people don't lock the door on the side it is not secure. A short walk to town is no problem and it was warm and clean.

The only negative I have to say is we were staying in a 4 bed dorm and it was very cramped. There wasn't really any extra space in the room for bags etc. otherwise the location was excellent, it's one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in and the shower and kitchen facilities were excellent.

I spent three days in this hostel and had the bad luck to have a room with very little natural light. Horrible, and also, very small for 4 people. Regarding cleanliness and order in this hostel is impeccable. But if you're looking for something more friendly and welcoming, this is not the place. Very cold.

We don't often get feedback about being unfriendly, in fact being super friendly is something the Haka team are really proud of,so I'm very sorry that this was your experience.We also work hard to create a social welcoming environment - we host wkly movie & fondue nights - but as you know,a hostel atmosphere also depends on the mix of guests & this we can't control.Our dorm rooms are located on the ground floor & can be dark in winter.However we have 2 large sunny social areas & an outside deck.