Haka Lodge Queenstown Reviews

6 Henry St, Queenstown, New Zealand

Great policy of quiet or out after 10.30 pm - although the staff themselves didn't adhere to this on one of the nights they wanted to go out. Good place if you want a sociable time but also want to sleep well. Dimmer lights and bed curtains made it private and less disturbance.

Great hostel with friendly staff and good facilities. Better than some other hostels in queenstown especially if you want a more chilled out place.

• 18th Sep 2014

Haka is a great place. The staff are amazing, and the Queenstown Hill walk is right behind it. It was super clean, and the beds each had their own power outlet, lamp, and curtain. There was a storage/drying area for ski/snowboard gear, and an amazing common room. I would definitely stay there again.

Haka Lodge Queenstown is truly excellent! Lots of space, amazing facilities in the kitchen, a great lounge, close to town and free wifi! The building layout is fun and quirky and has a very comforting 'homey' vibe. I was amazed with the cleanliness of the hostel- the bathrooms, kitchens, bedroom and shared areas were absolutely stunning. Best beds ever, a privacy curtain! The staff at Haka are what really made the difference. They were welcoming, professional, helpful and hilarious. Thanks guys!

Very clean and warm. Really happy with the facilities.

• 4th Aug 2014

This hostel is somewhat of a maze and the rooms are pretty small, but other than that it's an excellent hostel. Not too big and good for meeting people, exactly what I was looking for.

Staff were not welcoming, didn't show us the facilities, we had to work out where things where ourselves. We stayed in a private room, the lights didn't work, staff didn't bother to apologise, or show us, just told us we had to fiddle with the switch & work it out ourselves, lamps didn't work in the room either & bedsheets where unchanged. The common area is tiny, each time we went in there, we had to sit on the uncomfortable beanbags & finally, walls are paper thin, and doors squeak

I'd like to offer our heart-felt apologies for your experience at the hostel which sounds like is fell far below our usual high standard.I was aware that the main light had caused some confusion but not of the other issues that you mention which we would've been more than happy to resolve if we'd been alerted to them. Be assured that our bedclothes are thoroughly laundered after EVERY stay, our staff are usually super friendly & we have 2 large common areas. Best wishes for your onward travels.

Bad experience, we signed a condition before we moved in about the rules there, like be quite after 10:30pm, actually there was a big party at that night, which was really noisy and also a quarrel outside our room, (our room was near the toilet and kitchen, we can hear their words clearly). It haven't stop until 12:30. Really disappointed.

Dear Shiying.Thanks for taking time to leave us some feedback & sincere apologies for your experience. I know exactly the evening you are refering to because we were alerted to some very badly behaved guests on that night. Our onsite staff member was only made aware of the situation at 12.30pm & the situation was then promptly dealt with. The guests were asked to leave first thing the next day. This is a very rare occurence, but we sincerely apologise for the disturbance. All the very best : )

Limited space in the rooms (6 bed dorm). Hard to organize and pack/unpack stuff.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Absolutely fantastic! The beds were sturdy bunks in the dorms so no squeaking or wobbling! Clean showers, toilets and kitchen. The guy in charge was brilliant! Always nice to have someone on reception with personality. Wish I could have stayed longer!!

I booked just one night on my booking, but after checkin, I loved the place so I changed my mind and stayed 2 night. Had a small problem luggage misplace( I had to change room because of booking issue) But Staffs helped us very kindly and found it very soon

• 5th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Thanks for giving Haka Lodge some great feedback. We're glad you loved the place! We do too. Sorry that your luggage was misplaced, but glad it was resolved quickly - you'll be glad to know that we've increased our storage since your stay and there'snow even more room for left luggage. Happy onward travels : )

This hostel was very clean and pleasant. The staff were all exceptionally polite and helpful. T I would stay there again for sure if I was visiting Queenstown.

Thanks for your great review - we really appreciate you taking the time to share you experience. We love Haka Lodge being a cosy, clean home-from-home where guests can relax and enjoy Queenstown to the max. Happy travels : )

A beautiful place with nice people and staff. I enjoyed the three days I've spent there and would always go back there.

• 28th May 2014

The design of the bunk bed is good. Big storage under bed. Curtain and the head light make everyone have their own privacy is a plus! Good heating systems. public area like bathrooms and kitchens can always keep tidy which is good. One thing is a shame i can't book in another night as fully booked.

• 27th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very clean, quiet and comfortable. Every bed has its own locker, lamp and socket in the dorms which was brilliant. The beds also have a pull around curtain for privacy. Lovely big kitchen too. Not the liveliest place, which suited me fine. But if you're looking for a party hostel look elsewhere.

Very nice! Staff very friendly and helpfull! Clean bathrooms and rooms are cosy. Kitchen is very cute. Will stay again! :)

• 14th May 2014

Our private twin room was quite spacious, although the room shared a wall to the kitchen, we appreciated the curfew times at night. Shared bathroom was very clean. Kitchen had what we needed although at busy times it felt a bit squished when sitting down to eat. Location was quite convenient, very close to grocery store we were able to drop by there at the end of the day after our tours.

Fantastic place to stay. I originally booked a couple nights at Haka and ended up staying about a week. Very friendly staff, great rooms, good wifi and close to everything in Queenstown. I'd highly recommend Haka. It's a bit more chill than some of the other hostels in the area and has a great lounge/kitchens for watching a movie, relaxing and meeting other people.

Great privacy curtains around the beds