Very high quality small backpackers located just outside Christchurch CBD. Haka Lodge is a hostel with a twist. This cosy sanctuary is a perfect hideaway for backpackers and mid-budget travellers looking to escape the rush of the city centre.
We offer a range of accommodation options from dorm beds to private double and twin rooms to our self-contained flat.
The grounds of the lodge are home to a great variety of different native plants and trees which veil the house from the view of any passersby. Beside the main house is our vegetable garden and there is plenty of on-street parking.
The lodge has inherited its quirky character from its parent company Haka Tours, who run small group adventure and snow tours all over New Zealand.
We are happy to organise all your travel bookings and activities around Christchurch and the rest of New Zealand.
DORM ROOMS - NO BUNK BEDS!
- Seven dorm beds are separated into 3 areas by dividing walls on a super funky mezzanine.
- Mezzanine floor begins with a funky chill-out area where you can hang out with a good book or relax
- Alongside the dorm beds are large lockers where you can securely store your luggage.
PRIVATE DOUBLES OR TWINS
- 4 private rooms, all of which can be used for 1 or 2 people to share.
- Three of the rooms contain a double bed and 1 has twin (2 single) beds.
- Modern 22' flat screen TV with DVD player in each room.
- Access to an outside balcony overlooking the garden.
- Adjacent to the rooms is a funky chill out area
TWO BEDROOM APARTMENT
Situated on the ground floor
- TV lounge with 43 inch plasma and DVD player
- Brand new kitchen
- Ultra modern wet room bathroom
- 2 bedrooms (1 x double, 1 x double or twin plus 1 x fold out futon) Sleeps maximum of 6 people
Guests are welcome to use the lounge, kitchen, 'chill out' area, and garden.
You can find Haka Lodge at the Ferrymead end of Linwood Avenue, half way between Christchurchs city centre and the surfing suburb of Sumner.
There is a bus stop directly outside the lodge with public buses that regularly go to both these places.
The lodges location gives you great access to the City, Ferrymead, Sumner and Christchurchs main ring road.
Close by there is a supermarket, shopping mall and petrol station.