Haka Lodge Reviews

518 Linwood Ave, Christchurch, New Zealand

Lovely hostel - very comfortable and nicely decorated. Just slightly out of the way.

• 28th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We had a great stay at Haka lodge! It was pretty far from the city, but there were cafes and shops within walking distance to the lodge. The staff was very friendly and willing to answer and questions we had. I would definitely go back and stay again.

• 24th Jan 2015

Awesome place just to chill and recuperate at bit out of town but really tidy and homely

• 12th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

To be perfect they should have some bikes for rent, because it Christchurch is really spread and a bike would be Sweet because the location of the hostel is a little bit far from the downtown area! Just a thought! ;)

This hostel has an very good atmosfere that makes us feel at home. Although the kitchen is small (but this is not a problem) all the facilities are very good! The staff is very friendly and helpful. We stayed in there for two days only, but I am sure this is my choice next time in Christchurch.

• 24th Dec 2014

The double room we had was perfect, however, we felt the hostel location was too far out of town and were not expecting it to be so. Even the taxi driver had trouble finding it. Also, it had very little atmosphere, which was noticeable.

The kitchen was dirty, but rooms were good.

I stayed in Haka Lodge twice (Okt./Nov. '14) cause it was brilliant! I felt very at home in the living room with all the sofas, the fireplace and the not too big number of people around me. Very familiar atmosphere and rather quiet than noisy. Even the dorm gives you some feeling or privacy with all the half walls in it. I also had a double which was great, everything alright and clean. The staff was awesome: friendly, helped where they could and cool and nice to talk to. Thanx a lot & greets!

View all Christchurch Hostels