Hakata Gofukucho Hostel Takataniya Reviews

9-5, NakaGofukucho, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka city, Fukuoka pref, Fukuoka City, Japan

On first sight the hostel (as well as Fukuoka itself) may appear rather unspectacular, though the building in a way looks very special. Still dorms and the small lounge/breakfast-room are both clean and cosy and one cannot but adore this hostel (and fukuoka). Big recommendation!

Very nice hostel. It has a good atmosphere and great free breakfast. I'd definitely stay again. It's walkable from Hakata Station, but a little far with a bag so I might take cab or the bus (bus is only 100 yen but its a bit hard to figure out which one to ride from Hakata Station.) The owner is nice and speaks a little English. After hours you can get into the hostel with a code. Also the bed layout is ... interesting. They are kind of like cubicles, or like a capsule hotel (maybe a bit wider).

A pretty small hostel dictated by the narrow form of the building it takes up. Near enough the metro system and the rest of the city, staff were good. Also not that far from the ferry terminal if you're heading to Korea. Fairly quiet while I was there.

great space, modern, urban wooden capsule hostel, great size, privacy curtain, light, outlets, wifi, quiet, facilities with lots of amenities including soap and shampoo, very clean, a.c., awesome and cute hostel, i def recommend. 10 minute walk to entertainment. free breakfast, very helpful.

The staff is very friendly

The only problem to me is there is no any locked box. So I need to worry about valuable stuffs when I am going out. But the host is really friendly and willing to help anything if he could. I love the female dorm

I loved this hostel! Capsule bunk bed style and key for female dormitory. Not a lot of space in the room but it was ok and the bathroom was very clean. Yummy breakfast every morning (this is the only hostel in Japan were I stayed which provided free breakfast!). Very easy to find and well located. WONDERFUL STAFF! He would ask everyday about where you'd been, where were you going next, giving some helpful advice, really caring about his guests! Will stay here again for sure!

Very comfortable place. Staff provide great help. I am impressed how efficiently they use space.

Nice place right next to a temple! The staff gave me lots of good advice. The breakfast was good although the common area is a little small. There wasn't much interaction between guests though. Also after checking out I asked if I could hang out in the common area for a little while. I felt I was kind of rushed out.

Enjoyed my stay, friendly staff!

• 4th Jun 2014