Hakata Gofukucho Hostel Takataniya Reviews

9-5, NakaGofukucho, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka city, Fukuoka pref, Fukuoka City, Japan

Enjoyed my stay, friendly staff!

• 4th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Small but Warm Hostel! Excellent Location! Just a few minutes walking from Metro Exit! Typical Japanese style, everything is clean and tidy!

We enjoy our common lounge area filled with gentle jazz music during our break in the hostel. Owner it's the only staff and he suggested few spots for meal which value for money. Capsule type bunk bed having difficulty on cleaning job & dust flying in d air when changing bed sheet & pillow.

The hostel is realy central and you can reach canal city, market street and business area by feet! The hostel is a little bit too expensive and the reception is closed from 11am-3pm what is a little bit annoying! Nearly no people at the hostel so boring to stay there for me! But it's super clean and a lot of comfort!

Great Hostel! Really Nice!

I would come back. Close to train- and metrostation and pier.

The owner, Takatani-san is my hero in Japan. He is a really nice guy and got great advice on the city. When I lost my wallet in the city during my 1-day visit, he did everything in his power get my wallet back. Without him I'm sure I'd never got the wallet back (found 4 days later). He even offered to lend me some money so I could eat for the day. Thank you so much!

Staff was very helpful! Facilities were clean and comfortable, enjoyed the deco.

Good hostel, had a really good stay there.

This Hostel is very different in a good way. It's owner have put a lot thoughts to this place to make it a very special place. Very clean, with limited space but smart design. Friendly and helpful owner spoke good English. I enjoy my stay in this hostel very much because it not like all the other! I can feel the owner love traveling himself and have been to many places.

Hostel with great atmosphere, close to downtown Fukuoka. Excellent place to stay to explore the city.

We really loved staying at this hostel. The owner was incredibly personable, and the facilities spotless. The free breakfast was a nice touch, and perfectly sufficient. It was also very quiet, which is right up our alley. If you are looking to stay up late drinking and making noise, your' better off looking elsewhere. My only complaint (and this is a tiny nitpick) is that the wi-fi upstairs in the bunks is very weak and slow (though it still technically works). We will stay here again next time!

Nice hostel to try out the capsule experience. Great staff, very nice and helpful.

Great staff! The place was very comfortable and quiet! I would definitely stay there again!

• 20th Mar 2014

I have been staying there for 3 nights 2 days. It was a very nice and cozy hostel, where the owner was really nice in introducing areas around and worth to go. And the atmosphere and style was really lovely and comfortable. Besides the size of the space, everything is perfect. Highly recommended

View all Fukuoka City Hostels