Hakata Gofukucho Hostel Takataniya Reviews

9-5, NakaGofukucho, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka city, Fukuoka pref, Fukuoka City, Japan

Hostel with great atmosphere, close to downtown Fukuoka. Excellent place to stay to explore the city.

We really loved staying at this hostel. The owner was incredibly personable, and the facilities spotless. The free breakfast was a nice touch, and perfectly sufficient. It was also very quiet, which is right up our alley. If you are looking to stay up late drinking and making noise, your' better off looking elsewhere. My only complaint (and this is a tiny nitpick) is that the wi-fi upstairs in the bunks is very weak and slow (though it still technically works). We will stay here again next time!

Nice hostel to try out the capsule experience. Great staff, very nice and helpful.

Great staff! The place was very comfortable and quiet! I would definitely stay there again!

• 20th Mar 2014

I have been staying there for 3 nights 2 days. It was a very nice and cozy hostel, where the owner was really nice in introducing areas around and worth to go. And the atmosphere and style was really lovely and comfortable. Besides the size of the space, everything is perfect. Highly recommended

Masa-san is really awesome! He showed me places around Hakata and helped me out when I arrived and when I left. This hostel is really great!

A great, new hostel in Fukuoka. A bit of a walk from Hakata, but it's close to one of the subway lines, which is great. The place is tiny, but what else would you expect in Japan? Loved my stay, just wish there were more to do in the area.

We loved to stay at Hakata Gofukucho Hostel Takataniya. Frankly speaking, for the first time we worried about sleeping at a box-style domitory. The bed looked uncomfortable. But it didnot take long time to figure out the style of bed keeps better privercy. We were satisfied with the hostel. All staff of the hostel are very freindly. No diffiulties to comunicate with them. They can speak in English, so easy to get imformations we needed.

Great hostel and the guys running it are so nice and friendly. They will gladly help with tips for sightseeing or restaurant recommendations ! Rooms are clean and dorms is built like small capsules so you have all the privacy one could ask for !

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Really informative staff, although this was only a 1 night stay I actually went back for a few more nights. Easy to get to from the bus/train station, cubes are great, peaceful and the breakfast is good quality.

Good staff. Good Place. I'll back this hostel again when I come to Fukuoka. Highly Recomended

This is a really great hostel, the staff are absolutely wonderful. I really enjoyed staying here. There are alot of beds in the dorms but they didn't feel crowded at all. Only 1 shower in the female dorm so I had a wait a while for my turn, which was a bit annoying. But overall this place is great. The hostel almost made up for the fact that Fukuoka really isn't a very interesting place to visit, I recommend going to Nagasaki or Onomichi instead.

Lovely new hostel; friendly, relaxed and helpful staff; small and cozy atmosphere. I would stay here again based on value for money + easy access to everywhere interesting in Fukuoka. My suggestion would be a safe deposit box in each person's bunk. Also, my first night was extremely noisy as the dorm window was left open and the hostel is next to a main road: in future, the staff should do a nightly check that windows are shut (as there is air conditioning) and/or tell guests to do so

Very well located, only 2 subway stations away from Hakata station, and less than 10 minutes walk to Tochoji temple. Very friendly and helpful staff. The wooden capsule is nice, is enough space for me to sleep. Wi fi free. Would stay there again.

Really nice small hostel, don't let the big dorm scare you off - each bed is basically a capsule so you get plenty of privacy. Kitchen facilities a bit lacking but otherwise fantastic place to stay.

ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT A BIG HOSTEL, IT PROVIDE YOU ALL BASIC JUST LIKE IN A FRIENDS HOME.I WILL STAY THERE NEXT TIME WHEN I VISIT FUKOUKA

Even if you may be afraid of sleeping in a twelve bed dormitory, everything is fine! Clean, nice and helpful staff, free breakfast! The beds are made in a way you can close almost everything, making a (quite big) capsule for yourself. Next to a temple, near a subway station. I had a very nice stay!

Great hostel. Very helpful and friendly staff. Nice breakfast at hostel. Good location. Mixed dorm room was nice, good amount of personal room. Nice facilities.

The best hostel ! Masa-san (the owner) is a friendly and easy going guy, he taught me the way around Hakata and recommended me an excellent Ramen restaurant. The hostel is very clean and the bed is comfortable. One thing i noticed is that the sound insulation is really good, I counld not hear a single person snoring even when the dorm was fully occupied! If I visit Kyusyu again, will definitely come back! Highly recommended !

One of the best hotel i stayed in my travel around the world. Although hostel is new, the owner Mr. Masa have hospitality experience in providing excellent service,more like a boutique hotel, the facilities is clean, Safe, very convenient location within 3minutes direct straight walk from metro exit. Breakfast provided is a rarity in Japan, saves money & coffee/ tea available all day. The owner even have nail clipper, dryer , and amenities provided. Best of the best.,will be back again.EXCELLENT

View all Fukuoka City Hostels