Hakata Gofukucho Hostel Takataniya Reviews

9-5, NakaGofukucho, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka city, Fukuoka pref, Fukuoka City, Japan

This was a lovely small hostel - people cleverly packed in, but you feel like you have plenty of space once inside your 'bed room'. The free breakfast was good and a nice touch. Very friendly and helpful staff. We were able to borrow two bikes free of charge for the day, which was great. No lockers but front door security is good.

The owner seemed a bit shilly-shally, uninterested, even nervous . It was not like that I felt welcomed with open arms. Breakfast was solide, no atmosphere at all, but clean. Security is allright. There are lockers and he is the only person with the keys. If you are returning late from sightseeing and he is not available, you have no acces to your stuff. Its not that convenient in my opinion. All in all cheap and allright.

On first sight the hostel (as well as Fukuoka itself) may appear rather unspectacular, though the building in a way looks very special. Still dorms and the small lounge/breakfast-room are both clean and cosy and one cannot but adore this hostel (and fukuoka). Big recommendation!

Very nice hostel. It has a good atmosphere and great free breakfast. I'd definitely stay again. It's walkable from Hakata Station, but a little far with a bag so I might take cab or the bus (bus is only 100 yen but its a bit hard to figure out which one to ride from Hakata Station.) The owner is nice and speaks a little English. After hours you can get into the hostel with a code. Also the bed layout is ... interesting. They are kind of like cubicles, or like a capsule hotel (maybe a bit wider).

A pretty small hostel dictated by the narrow form of the building it takes up. Near enough the metro system and the rest of the city, staff were good. Also not that far from the ferry terminal if you're heading to Korea. Fairly quiet while I was there.

great space, modern, urban wooden capsule hostel, great size, privacy curtain, light, outlets, wifi, quiet, facilities with lots of amenities including soap and shampoo, very clean, a.c., awesome and cute hostel, i def recommend. 10 minute walk to entertainment. free breakfast, very helpful.

The staff is very friendly

The only problem to me is there is no any locked box. So I need to worry about valuable stuffs when I am going out. But the host is really friendly and willing to help anything if he could. I love the female dorm

I loved this hostel! Capsule bunk bed style and key for female dormitory. Not a lot of space in the room but it was ok and the bathroom was very clean. Yummy breakfast every morning (this is the only hostel in Japan were I stayed which provided free breakfast!). Very easy to find and well located. WONDERFUL STAFF! He would ask everyday about where you'd been, where were you going next, giving some helpful advice, really caring about his guests! Will stay here again for sure!

Very comfortable place. Staff provide great help. I am impressed how efficiently they use space.

Nice place right next to a temple! The staff gave me lots of good advice. The breakfast was good although the common area is a little small. There wasn't much interaction between guests though. Also after checking out I asked if I could hang out in the common area for a little while. I felt I was kind of rushed out.

Enjoyed my stay, friendly staff!

• 4th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Small but Warm Hostel! Excellent Location! Just a few minutes walking from Metro Exit! Typical Japanese style, everything is clean and tidy!

We enjoy our common lounge area filled with gentle jazz music during our break in the hostel. Owner it's the only staff and he suggested few spots for meal which value for money. Capsule type bunk bed having difficulty on cleaning job & dust flying in d air when changing bed sheet & pillow.

The hostel is realy central and you can reach canal city, market street and business area by feet! The hostel is a little bit too expensive and the reception is closed from 11am-3pm what is a little bit annoying! Nearly no people at the hostel so boring to stay there for me! But it's super clean and a lot of comfort!

Great Hostel! Really Nice!

I would come back. Close to train- and metrostation and pier.

The owner, Takatani-san is my hero in Japan. He is a really nice guy and got great advice on the city. When I lost my wallet in the city during my 1-day visit, he did everything in his power get my wallet back. Without him I'm sure I'd never got the wallet back (found 4 days later). He even offered to lend me some money so I could eat for the day. Thank you so much!

Staff was very helpful! Facilities were clean and comfortable, enjoyed the deco.

Good hostel, had a really good stay there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3