Hakodateyama Guest House Reviews

17-5 Sumiyoshi-cho, Hakodate, Japan

very nice place , wiht a very kind and friendly owner, who helped me very much.I hope i could take a another chance to stay there. ありがとうございました、佐々木さん。

Felt more like a visit at friends - welcoming staff and family atmosphere. Large room, cosy bed and amazing view over the bay. Out of the city centre, but Hakodate is small, so walking or taking the cute old-fashioned tram is easy. Lady working at the place/owners wife (?) was so kind to spontaneously cook a small dinner for me and the other guests, serving very delicious fish.

The guest house is a bit far from the city center and you have to walk a bit from the nearest streetcar station, but the staff is really friendly and the night view of Hakodate is amazing!

The guest house is exceptional. The traditional style is very nice with antiques including a wind-up gramophone and a cooler / fridge. The best value I have experienced. The ramen restaurant beside the tram stop is also excellent.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Beautiful hostel, one of the best I have stayed in. The owners are wonderful and always love to share a meal with their guests. The hostel is clean and comfortable, sleeping areas are tatami rooms. I gave the location an excellent because it is removed from the city, and has a nice view of the bay, which I love. There is a tram stop about 10 mins walk from the hostel, so it's easy to get into town. If you want to be right in downtown Hakodate, then I don't recommend this hostel.

I really enjoyed my stay at Hakodateyama Guest House. The property is beautiful and location stunning - the views from the windows were great across the ocean and Hakodate city. The free tea and coffee and 100 yen beer and noodles were great. The room was clean and futons comfortable. Could have done with more electricity outlets! I used the nearby onsen to bathe. Directions to the hostel were easy. I got a small gift when I checked out. Staff very friendly and make you feel comfortable. Wifi!

The Guest House is located at outskirt of Hakodate town. A little difficult to locate the guesthouse as the sign board is small. The shrine that was mention as the landmark for the guesthouse is next to a renovating hospital. Prepare a torch light as it can be pretty dark at night. There is a beautiful cape named Tachimachi near the guest house however you will need to pass by the cemetery. Generally it is a comfortable stay and the view is great. Staff of the guest house is friendly.

The location is a bit inconvinient, but the views from the windows make up for that. The staff were very helpful, and found a good deal for me for my next night's accommodaion (in Aomori).

The hostel is closed! Don't book this hostel and don't book through this web site as it is selling accommodations to a closed hostels...

A little out of the way, but in brilliant location for a view of the city and some quiet time. The owners of the place were extremely friendly, offering us cookies on a regular basis. Nothing at all to complain about, very positive experience! Visit the nearby onsen!!!

A very cool, laid back hostel. Big kitchen and common area. I only stayed for a night but I wish I had booked longer. Sapporo is a fun city and this hostel is near the park, so it is an easy walk to get to. Staff is nice, the rooms were cozy. Overall a great place to book.

The place is on a mountain, it was a bit tricky to find, and somewhat of an uphill trek to get there.

The view was beautiful from where the guest house is. But its up a hill so Id recommend a taxi if coming from the station. The room smelled strange to me. The bed was extremely comfy and so was the pillow. Free wifi was very nice. I only stayed here because it was the only place available.

• 5th Jul 2014

The owner was very friendly and took me to a convenience store to buy food! He recommended places to go. My room was really spacy and comfortable and the view was amazing! There was also a lock available. Cooking facilities were really good and cheap drinks available in the fridge.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Its a little tricky and workout to get here, esp if you are wearing highheels/not grippy shoes as you need to do some steep slope walking. However the place is top of a hill and has a nice view of the bay. This side of Hakodate is very laid back neighborhood shop closes by 7pm, and walking distance to the cablecar. Sasa-san is friendly and shy, but if you can speak little japanese, he will chat/give tips to you.

I was only suppose to pass through here for one night but after looking round Hakodate and settling into my fantastic Japanese style room I couldn't leave and stayed an extra three nights, the owners is laid back and the place has a very relaxed vibe.

I quite enjoyed the place, my only complaint is that the window in the room I stayed in rattled when the wind blew.

• 12th May 2014

A bit far from downtown, and need to go back before 10 to catch the last tram. But indeed very nice staff and good atmosphere. Rooms are of traditional Japanese setting if you'd like to experience and very clean. Staff are also very helpful to suggest good local places to visit

Wonderfully friendly, helpful, and attentive staff. Very clean and cosy.

It's located out of CBD, but hillside location in quiet area makes it ideal. Great views.