Hakodateyama Guest House Reviews

17-5 Sumiyoshi-cho, Hakodate, Japan

The view was beautiful from where the guest house is. But its up a hill so Id recommend a taxi if coming from the station. The room smelled strange to me. The bed was extremely comfy and so was the pillow. Free wifi was very nice. I only stayed here because it was the only place available.

• 5th Jul 2014

The owner was very friendly and took me to a convenience store to buy food! He recommended places to go. My room was really spacy and comfortable and the view was amazing! There was also a lock available. Cooking facilities were really good and cheap drinks available in the fridge.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Finland

I was only suppose to pass through here for one night but after looking round Hakodate and settling into my fantastic Japanese style room I couldn't leave and stayed an extra three nights, the owners is laid back and the place has a very relaxed vibe.

I quite enjoyed the place, my only complaint is that the window in the room I stayed in rattled when the wind blew.

• 12th May 2014

A bit far from downtown, and need to go back before 10 to catch the last tram. But indeed very nice staff and good atmosphere. Rooms are of traditional Japanese setting if you'd like to experience and very clean. Staff are also very helpful to suggest good local places to visit

Wonderfully friendly, helpful, and attentive staff. Very clean and cosy.

It's located out of CBD, but hillside location in quiet area makes it ideal. Great views.