Halifax Backpackers Reviews

2193 Gottingen Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

For the price I paid, the amenities were okay, but just okay. Place was fairly clean but some things could be updated, new linens being one. There were mice in my room and in the kitchen which was a little unsettling. The coffee from the cafe downstairs was great and despite the area having not a great reputation from Haligonians, I felt safe as a single female to walk into downtown Halifax. The location was pretty good, close walk from the airport bus drop off and downtown (10 mins).

• 6th Mar 2014

There was a lot of noise at night and I had to get up early in the morning. I realize it was the weekend and most people got to sleep in. Nice that they offered ear plugs to cut down the noise.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Smaller place so you get to know everyone there very easily, awesome people. Staff is great. Within walking distance to everything. LOVE that they have a cafe there (great food and cheap too!). The bar wasn't that great and they don't have any planned activities, but because you make friends so easy here, we all would just go out together so it wasn't an issue, you were never bored. I was a single female traveler and it was fine. Strongly recommend!

Thank you for letting us check in at flexible timings!

• 20th Oct 2013