8.1
Fabulous 336 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 336 Total Reviews
Halifax Backpackers Located at 2193 Gottingen Street, , Halifax.
Canada
Halifax NS B3K 3B5 2193 Gottingen Street
81% 336
44.6531594 -63.5848902
    Rooms available

13th Sep 2016

It was all about the atmosphere. The close quarters of the hostel made for a very familial vibe, and was so easy to meet people and make friends. It's so important to have mutual, communal spaces, such as the kitchen upstairs and barbecue area out on the side. Though originally I was going to spend my 3rd night in Halifax at the Hostelling International, I had so much fun during my 1st two nights at Backpackers, I decided to cancel my reservation with HI, and come back to backpackers.

11th Sep 2016

I had a nice stay here. Within walking distance to most places you'd want to visit and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is an older hostel, but clean. I wish there were more toilets available and outlets in the room since mostly everyone has a smartphone nowadays. I would stay here again!

11th Sep 2016
4.3

The place was quite dirty and I didn't feel really safe when I walked in... I didn't really feel like staying there but I paid already. However, people were pretty nice (the staff and the travellers) and it really put me at easy. The night went over by far better than expected. I got decent sleep and all my belongings were safe.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
2nd Sep 2016

Walking distance to everything. Attached to a coffee shop with really good coffee. I'll be back if im in halifax again.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2016

Somewhere cheap was my main criteria when looking for a place to stay for a working vacation in Halifax, but what I ended up with was a secret gem that I feel lucky to have found. The space is akin to camp style bunkbeds, 3 sets in my room, with communal bathroom shower and kitchen which were comfy and perfect for anyone's needs. The best part was the staff. So friendly, cleanly and helpful. They have it all figured out and are happy to lend a hand. You're in the hub of a fun exciting community.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
22nd Aug 2016
6.3

Could be very nice if cleaned thoroughly

19th Aug 2016

Really friendly staff and good amount of planned events at hostel. Good for solo travellers to mingle and plan things with other tourists. You get own locker in room with key. Big enough to put a carry-on suitcase and other items in. Each bed has a shelf on wall to put items on. Staff was good about late and eaRly check-ins and check-outs. Overall my stay here was great!

18th Aug 2016

The hostel was great value for money. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
16th Aug 2016

Great staff, incredibly friendly all around. Cafe attached which is great for breakfast and relaxing (and beer). Good location, but a little walk to get downtown.

11th Aug 2016
4.6

I paid the cancellation fee and left immediately because.... the lock on the locker was old and didn't work, the bathrooms were dirty and smelled from the hallway, there was a blood stain on the floor in the dorm which was questionable already, and the neighbourhood is a bit shady. If all you want to do is party hard with a group and you don't care how dirty or questionable the place is, then this is probably the hostel for you! The staff are very hospitable and informative.

Hi There, Our staff are always happy to help with any issues which may arise during your stay, however you told our staff you had to leave because of a family emergency. The issues you mentioned in the review could've been solved in 2 minutes.The blood stain is paint from when the room was last painted. We are very sorry you left, we would've loved to make your stay wonderful