Fabulous 345 Total Reviews
Fabulous 345 Total Reviews
Halifax Backpackers Located at 2193 Gottingen Street, , Halifax.
Canada
Halifax NS B3K 3B5 2193 Gottingen Street
83% 345
44.6531594 -63.5848902
    Rooms available

• Canada, Male, 18-24
21st Nov 2016

What a wonderful location to stay while in halifax. The staff were helpful and friendly and the cafe downstairs had amazing food, drink and atmosphere. The rooms were clean and bathrooms as well, but the showers were a bit small for larger guys and their tempature was variable at times. Definetly found my home when visiting Halifax.

• USA, Male, 18-24
14th Oct 2016

Great place. People are very friendly and fun to hang out with. The cafe it's attached to is also pretty nice with some relatively low-priced food and beer, so that's also a bonus. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Sweden, Male, 18-24
7th Oct 2016

Perfectly located and definitely on of the cooler hostels I've stayed in. Do note that this is a "party hostel" due to the fact that they have a nightclub/bar downstairs that play loud music till midnight on weekends and you'll be running in to some drunk peeps. But friendly drunk peeps! Clean showers, friendly staff and clean beds. Really liked my stay, would've loved to live there again during a weekend and join the party!

• Northern Ireland, Female, 41+
14th Sep 2016

I loved the atmosphere here. The staff were so helpful, (sorry can't remember the girls name, but even on her day off she was brilliant and helped me when someone else had to call her for me). I definitely would have stayed for longer if I could have. My only feedback would be, I wish it had a larger kitchen or a better communal area-the other guests were fab and we all hung out in the small kitchen.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
13th Sep 2016

It was all about the atmosphere. The close quarters of the hostel made for a very familial vibe, and was so easy to meet people and make friends. It's so important to have mutual, communal spaces, such as the kitchen upstairs and barbecue area out on the side. Though originally I was going to spend my 3rd night in Halifax at the Hostelling International, I had so much fun during my 1st two nights at Backpackers, I decided to cancel my reservation with HI, and come back to backpackers.

11th Sep 2016

I had a nice stay here. Within walking distance to most places you'd want to visit and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is an older hostel, but clean. I wish there were more toilets available and outlets in the room since mostly everyone has a smartphone nowadays. I would stay here again!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
11th Sep 2016
4.3

The place was quite dirty and I didn't feel really safe when I walked in... I didn't really feel like staying there but I paid already. However, people were pretty nice (the staff and the travellers) and it really put me at easy. The night went over by far better than expected. I got decent sleep and all my belongings were safe.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
2nd Sep 2016

Walking distance to everything. Attached to a coffee shop with really good coffee. I'll be back if im in halifax again.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2016

Somewhere cheap was my main criteria when looking for a place to stay for a working vacation in Halifax, but what I ended up with was a secret gem that I feel lucky to have found. The space is akin to camp style bunkbeds, 3 sets in my room, with communal bathroom shower and kitchen which were comfy and perfect for anyone's needs. The best part was the staff. So friendly, cleanly and helpful. They have it all figured out and are happy to lend a hand. You're in the hub of a fun exciting community.

• USA, Female, 41+
26th Aug 2016

Very fun, good place to stay, good security, friendly, met nice people. Smoking occurs near a side doorway, which makes it hard to go in and out of the hostel without breathing cigarette smoke after the restaurant downstairs closes (that is the other entrance).