Halifax Backpackers Reviews

2193 Gottingen Street, Halifax, Canada

The hostel isn´t clean at all. On top of that there were mice in the kitchen and in the bedrooms. The staff seemed very stressed and unfriendly although there were only few guests in the hostel. A big minus point is aditionally that breakfast is not included. I wouldn´t recommend this hostel to anybody.

The place is great

I saw a mouse in my bedroom. I don't have any other comments.

Good location, not many other people while I was there in November. Kitchen and multiple bathrooms available. Attached to a really cute little cafe. Friendly, helpful staff. Lockers available. Mattresses were in rough shape, not very comfortable, and the rooms were a bit dusty, but overall a good stay for the money.

Really nice stay in Halifax, staff are really good and the rooms aren't too small or crowded. It was pretty dirty though and we saw mice in the kitchen. Also the cafe downstairs smells like burnt grease constantly so you always leave with the smell stuck to you. Pretty good for the amount paid though.

• 24th Oct 2015

The hostel is fine and the staff were great it's the clientele tal hat hang out in the cafe that ruins the place. Way to many homeless sketchy people hanging around in the cafe dabbing the wifi!

• 22nd Oct 2015

Comfy beds, clean rooms, friendly staff; bathrooms aren't the best, they're kind of small and shower temp was tricky.

• 21st Sep 2015

Loved it!! Safe, clean, and so much fun! Made so many friends in such a short time, it was wonderful :)

I found mice at the kitchen.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • XimenaBarrero
  • Spain

Very good place to stay. We were a little off season, so there wasn't much of an atmosphere when we went there. But, there is obviously some common spaces people could use to do so. Staff was awesome, sheets were still hot from the dryer when the staff gave them to us. The showers are a little awkward, but everything is fine the way it is.

I had just a great time here. Staff was very knowledgable, hospitable, and just overall enjoyable. I absolutely recommend staying here.