Hamilton Backpacker lodge Reviews

21/23 Hamilton St, Fishguard Pembs, Fishguard, Wales

Fishguard is a great base for exploring south west Wales.Town has changed somewhat in the four years since I visited, the character pubs in the square are closed and I found it difficult to get a pub meal(two kitchens closed completely for the week, three more closed at 7pm)only the drinking pubs open in the top town, no transport after 7pm to the lower town, a steep climb back.!Hostel has changed hands early this year,new proprietor welcomes guests.

Absolutely gorgeous hostel, felt like staying in someone's house. Q and his daughter were so welcoming and made me feel really at home. Decor was really enjoyable, everything wonderfully clean, lovely bathroom and kitchen and really pleasant garden space complete with washing line and lovely sitting areas. Q even provided breakfast in the morning. Also he was very accommodating with arrival times and so forth. Just wish I wasn't only stopping by so that I actually had time to hang out! Thanks Q.

• 7th Aug 2015

Q is a friendly and welcoming host, who told us lots about the local area and Fishguard. The standard of the accommodation is excellent, with a very good shower, large comfortable rooms, and a very good breakfast. We definitely recommend this hostel to everyone, and would return. Kathy and Andrew

• 5th Aug 2015

I had a wonderful five days at the Lodge. I Was made very welcomed by Q the owner. My room was comfy and clean. The Lodge is situated two minutes from the bus stop for all the Coastal path buses as well as local... It was my first backpacking trip alone and it was great to feel safe and at home. THe garden is lovely and ideal for those quite days..

• 26th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

owner has dog that loses a fair bit of hair but he was brushing them up several times a day.

Clean and cozy hostel in a small and cozy town. The hostel is just a 2 minute walk from the tourist office and really easy to find. At my arrival, I felt home right away. I noticed 2 guests that night had been there before and came back to the hostel because they liked it.

Excellent stay in comfortable hostel. All made to feel welcome including our dog. Would stay again and recommend to others

• 18th Apr 2015