Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

Its a very nice hostel, standard is high, room is super clean and bathroom also. You feel very confortable in the room , and u have aircon that u can turn on heater, which is very nice for cold winter As for the staff, i like the free pick up even tho you have to walk like 7 minutes with all your luggages to the van. I did not like the fact that the stuff was very pushy to sell their package to go see the terracotta army, it was too exagerated. They should review the attittude and be more smiley

• 16th Dec 2014

The hostel and the facilities are great. The rooms were large, modern and very clean. The only but I can add is that at the reception for us to hire a tour with them to see the Terracotta Warriors, they tried to deceive us and say that the public bus took almost three hours, when actually takes less than an hour get there. The tour cost with them 280 yuan and the public bus 7 yuan. We had friends who had gone and we knew how to go but but maybe we would have trusted them and we would have paid.

Han Tang House is in a great location, the staff is friendly and the building itself is in great shape. They have tours and information for just about anything you need. This was the best choice for staying in Xi'an.

Great feedback!Thank you very much ,we are so happy! we are in the heart of the city which 10mins walk to the bell and drum tower . HanTangHouse is a big home that all of the guests back to home ,friendly ,kindness , helpful is our basic serving .welcome back to home! Thank you !welcome back again! Best Regards Rose

having traveled to shanghai and beijing first, and staying at "4 star" hotels where the staff was cold and unhelpful, seemed bothered that we should ask simple questions - where is this or how do we get from here to there. however the staff at han tang house seemed happy to have us and everyone else staying there! very hip and cool vibe for a "hostel" - nightly entertainment and great food!!! the staff was always helpful, professional, and friendly! if in xi'an stay here!

• 11th Dec 2014

Nicest 8-person dorm room I have ever stayed in. Extremely comfortable beds, helpful staff, and nice common area atmosphere. Good location conveniently close to a subway station and also a short walk to the local bus stop that can take you to the Xi'an train station. From the Xi'an train station you can easily take a cheap local tour bus to the Terra-cotta Soldiers. The hostel also provides a tour to the soldiers, but for about double the price, however they take care of transportation for you.

We so glad to heard you have a good time in HanTangHouse.what's your feeling means how is HanTangHouse ,how is the serving !Thank you for your surport,it will encourage us do our job best ,offer more and more best serving ! Best Regards Rose

Wendy is the best!! Spoke English and is extremely nice and helpful.

• 11th Dec 2014

We are very apprecitate,Thank you for your excellent feed back.Wecome to see us agian.Best whise to you and merry christmas!Wendy

Bit of a trek from xian north train station, and no one ever seemed to know where it was, but that was solved with the taxi driver phoning the hostel. The staff were fantastic, and the dorm rooms were really nice, the beds were softer than the ones we have at our university dorms! Location wise, it's less than 15 minutes from the famous muslim food street, and one subway stop away from the city wall and not too far from bus transportation to the terracotta warriors.

• 5th Dec 2014

Excellent comments! We are very appreciate .About how can you find us (from airport , Xi'an train station ,Xi'an North station to our hostel) we have prepared a document and map ready to send every guests 'email which offer more convenience to all of the guests. Thank you ! Wish to see you next time Best Regards Rose

Really nice hostel. More like a hotel. I had a single room which was really cheap and had the comfiest bed I've slept in in China.

Fabulous comments! Comfitable beds is very important for every tranvellers,we wish you have a ggod time ,which forgot the tired of the journey. Thank you ! welcome to see you next time! Best Regards Rose

My friends and I stayed here in a 4 person suite. They put us in an 8 person room. The room was spacious, comfortable, and clean! The bathroom and shower area -nice! They removed the trash from trashcans daily and restocked toilet paper. This felt like a hotel!!! entry was gained only by your room key or door code. The hostel was within walking distance of the major sights. We recommend that if you need to get a taxi to the train station go to the man street, it was much cheaper by meter!

• 28th Nov 2014

Great comments!We are very thankful what you have writ down details about our hostel.It is our daily job that let you feeling good and enjoy in here .thank you for your highly reccomanded ! Wish to see you next time ! Best Regards Rose

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at in china.Hostel is big with plenty of rooms.Only stayed one night since my flight was a day later than the rest of my group.Got lucky and ended up being the only person in an 8 person room but even so the room is spacious for a shared room,especially compares to other places.Plenty of room to walk around plus a table and chairs and full sized lockers.beds are a sturdy solid wood and beds were actually thick comfortable mattresses.

Had a great time there! The tours are very good, too.

• 21st Nov 2014

Excellent comments! We are very happy to heard that you have a nice time in HanTangHouse thank you for your surport!We offer dahy trip to see terra-cotta , it is only to see terra-cctta we promised .Thankl you again ! Best Regards Rose

The hostel was great! They were very helpful and the amenities were better than we expected. We would recommend to a friend and return ourselves if we are in Xi'an again. Trent and Angie L from San Antonio, Texas (currently teaching in Qingdao)

• 21st Nov 2014

Fantastic comments!We are very appreciate .Thank you for your encouranging us , we are will be more confidence do much more better sevring for the guests. Thank you again! Wish to see you next time ! Best Regards Rose

Very nice place to stay. The rooms will of high quality, as well as the en suite facilities. The hostel bar was quite expensive though, so I would recommend eating in other places in the city.

Good place- a bit quiet as i came during winter. Ppl do smoke in the restaurant/bat which was a bummer. Its a bit tricky finding the alley/small street. Before u come into china, get it loaded on google maps (which is blocked in china) so u dont get lost! Also, u can go to terra cotta warriors via public bus instead for soo much cheaper (only 7 rmb each way)! Take the buses that are parked to the right of the train station. I took bus 103.

I had a great time staying at Han Tang House. The staff were always obliging and helpful, and made me feel at home. The cafe / bar area is a nice place to have a drink and some great food. The hostel is also in an excellent location in a peaceful alley, near to many great restaurants, sights and the subway station. I'd love to come back in the future if I get the chance to visit Xi'an again.

It was a good room, like a nice hotel, soft bed. The main drawback is there is a bar on the first level that has live music every night that can be heard through the walls. It is not too loud, but I would not recommend it for someone who is a light sleeper. It is about a 10 minute walk to the Bell Tower, but on a pretty quite side street.

Micky was a lot of help very friendly and very good English. I enjoyed my stay. I might have been lucky but I met several like minded travelers. Food might be a bit overpriced but was good. I would definitely stay here again.

The staff are very friendly. The rooms are very comfortable, with own ensuite. :) Had a very enjoyable stay, and the staff were able to recommend things to see and do in Xi'an, which was excellent. The tour guide for the Terracotta Warrior tour is amazing as well.

Thank you very much for liking hantang house and giving us a good review, we will keep that in mind and try our best to be better, for more friendly staff, tours and anything you need in our hostel. Best wishes from all the staff in hantanghouse. Wendy.

Had high expectations going in due to these reviews and they were met. Very clean beds and bathrooms, staff was helpful, lively area, a bit of a walk from public transport but nothing inconvenient. Extremely worth the money I spent. Only two complaints were that WiFi was a bit spotty throughout the hostel and water temperature in the shower kept varying.

We also had a grateful mind reading the review you gave, and hope you will recieve our gratitude and appreciation, thank you so much for everything you mentioned, especially for the two suggestions, which will make us to be much better and give all the guests a home feeling. Thank you again. Wendy.

Nice hostel with clean double rooms and good bathrooms. Good food too. Gives wrong info about the airport shuttle bus though. They says it drops you near the Bell Tower and hostel, but it doesn't and you probably need to get a taxi. All in all a really good place.

We are so please that you feed back so qiuckly and give us a high prise, thank you. And we are so sorry for the wrong information about the shuttle bus(the shuttle bus changed the places just 5 days before, we are sorry for not informing you and making some inconvience). See you next time. Wendy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5