Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

cool bar, nice atmosphere, perfect location and very near to muslim street and many attractive locations nearby. getting around with metro or bus is easy from here.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • India

Good location, the room is really clean and comfortable, and the room fee is cheap.

Wonderful caring staff who really help you! I had someone even help me check into my flight as the website is in Chinese. They even got me to the airport shuttle bus on a fun motorbike ride! Thank you again for a memorable stay - they care about their guests!

Hi,Brian Thanks for your high recomended,we will best,Best Regards

The hostel dorms are really nice, as well as being in a good location to get to the Terracotta Warriors from the train station. There was also live music at the bar on Friday night!

Place is nice with a bar area with live music. They have very nice muffins. Met quite a few great fellow travellers there. Staff can be bad or good depending on who you speak too. One guy Michael, was very rude when we were asking about another gues, so we can leave a message for her. But he started shouting "I DON'T KNOW!" Before I could even finish saying what we wanted. It was only because We asked the morning shift that we managed to pass a message to our friend.

I stayed in a private room with twin beds and bathroom. The common room had a great vibe but food and drinks were overpriced. The room was great; the shower had its own doors (so the rest of the bathroom could stay relatively dry). The staff was helpful and the location was convenient. My only complaint is a toe nail I found in the otherwise very clean-looking bed. Overall, great value.

• 26th Jan 2015

Central location, close to the metro and convenient for whoever is arriving by train (either station) or the airport. The commune area is in the bar so it can be a little too noisy (and smoky) at times but most times there's plenty of space so it shouldn't be such of a big problem. Beds are extremely comfortable, and have reading lights and personal power outlets.

We really appreciated the pick-up from the train station, as my Baidu maps app on my phone wasn't working and I didn't have the phone number or address in Chinese, but one of the workers found us (thanks, Rose!) and got us a car. The tours from the hostel are a little overpriced and they don't have one to Mt. Hua (Huashan), which was the one tour I actually might have paid extra for someone else to organize. But they didn't force them on us and gave lots of helpful advice for getting around.

It was a little bit difficult in locating this hostel for the first time, I had to take the tuktuk (since the taxis refused to take me there). However, after dropping by, I realized it was actually close to the scenic spots, the bus station and the railway station. The staff were okay and can converse with you in English. It has a good bar. A good place to stay within Xi'an (considering that there aren't too many options to stay in unlike Beijing or Shanghai)

Thank you for your details writting down about our hostel . We have send a email for everyone with the map of the hostel and how can you find us , if you checked it before you arrived will be avoid any inconvenience caused by this . Thank you agian ! Wish you have a good trip! Fangfang

Great place to hangout, the hostel also has a nice bar downstairs. Staff is courteous and the hostel is close to a metro station, which makes easier if arriving/leaving town by train.

The staff was nice and helpful, the rooms big and clean, separate toilet and shower. Was a bit exhausting to carry up my suitcase to the 2nd floor, but it's manageable. I did the tour to the terra-cotta armee that thr hostel organizes, but if you have enough time it's probably better to do it by yourself as it is cheaper. But the lunch we had afterwards (but not included in the price) was very delicious. Location is also good - walking distance to muslim quater

This hostel look much more like a hotel! For sure the best option in Xian! We stayed very comfortably there and also the restaurant in the lobby offer a great food.

THe facilities here were simply amazing, especially for the price you pay. If I ever go back to Xi'an I'll definitely stay here again.

Wifi services not very stabil. Single room too small and quite cold at night. No TV.

Good value for money hostel, walking distance to Metro Station and main shopping district.

Good hostel, it served all the purposes you'd expect a hostel to serve. It had a bar on the first floor but was a little expensive (aimed for travelers so you wouldn't expect much else). The lockers were a respectable size and locks were free (with a small deposit) so my mind as at ease with the safety of my belongings. The rooms were a good size and had a place to sit at a table which was nice. My room (of 6 people I believe) had a bathroom which was a good ratio of people:bathroom.

Its a very nice hostel, standard is high, room is super clean and bathroom also. You feel very confortable in the room , and u have aircon that u can turn on heater, which is very nice for cold winter As for the staff, i like the free pick up even tho you have to walk like 7 minutes with all your luggages to the van. I did not like the fact that the stuff was very pushy to sell their package to go see the terracotta army, it was too exagerated. They should review the attittude and be more smiley

• 16th Dec 2014

Thank you for your time and comments.Actually we just want to tell you more information about xi'an.You konw the terra-cotta is very important sight -spot of Xi'an,and also we offer this private tour ,this time is not hight season time ,our tour need 4 guests at least can go, the date you arrived we have enough guests can go,that's why we highly reccomand it for you . So sorry for that ,let you feel bad .thank you for your remind us we will be care for! Best Regards Rose

The hostel and the facilities are great. The rooms were large, modern and very clean. The only but I can add is that at the reception for us to hire a tour with them to see the Terracotta Warriors, they tried to deceive us and say that the public bus took almost three hours, when actually takes less than an hour get there. The tour cost with them 280 yuan and the public bus 7 yuan. We had friends who had gone and we knew how to go but but maybe we would have trusted them and we would have paid.

Thank you for your feedback! In fact from xi'an to terra-cotta 35km,it is need 1or 1and half except for the traffic jam for driving,the public bus from the hostel to the station 30mins,and then the bus to the terra-cotta is every 30mins going,espeicially in weeked or holiday maybe need longer time.If you are luck don't need that waiting the bus to station,and station to the worries, 2hours are enough.And the tour price is 238yuan/per instead of 280yuan/each,anyway thank you again! fangfang

Han Tang House is in a great location, the staff is friendly and the building itself is in great shape. They have tours and information for just about anything you need. This was the best choice for staying in Xi'an.

Great feedback!Thank you very much ,we are so happy! we are in the heart of the city which 10mins walk to the bell and drum tower . HanTangHouse is a big home that all of the guests back to home ,friendly ,kindness , helpful is our basic serving .welcome back to home! Thank you !welcome back again! Best Regards Rose

having traveled to shanghai and beijing first, and staying at "4 star" hotels where the staff was cold and unhelpful, seemed bothered that we should ask simple questions - where is this or how do we get from here to there. however the staff at han tang house seemed happy to have us and everyone else staying there! very hip and cool vibe for a "hostel" - nightly entertainment and great food!!! the staff was always helpful, professional, and friendly! if in xi'an stay here!

• 11th Dec 2014