Han Tang House

9.0
Superb 1605 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
13th Feb 2017

I came in what's known as the quiet season after CNY, and I still managed to meet so many people. Lady JiaJia was excellent at doing the terracotta tour and took the time to explain in depth, they helped with any questions I had and they all speak English well, Frances can help with learning Chinese, and they even went above and beyond with Rose taking me to the shuttle bus and helping me get the ticket, staff are really friendly and they have a cute cat. I will definitely come back again!

Hi, how's going and how about your trip in chengdu? we all miss you and hope you have a nice stay no matter where you are in China. Furthermore thank you so much for your high praise for our hostel and the staff, but honestly speaking, we are sincerely looking forward to give you a favor and will always strive our best to help you. The last but not the least, hantanghouse is your home and you are welcomed all the time, hope to see you soon. Great greeting and best wishes.

• Honduras, Female, 18-24
13th Feb 2017

It was a very nice hostel. The lobby atmosphere was very warm and they even have a second floor to chill and sing karaoke! The staff was very helpful, kind, and always tried their best to accommodate. When we had a food misunderstanding, they very kindly talked to us and made it up quickly. We also took the Terra-cotta tour from them and our tour guide JaJa was great! A lot of good explanations, very attentive, and made us feel super comfortable meeting other people. Very good experience!

It is much delighted and appreciated to receive your comment after the two days stay, which has been given us a great support and maken us proud of what we are insisting on for the hostel's job, thank you. As you said, we might even make some mistakes, but thank you for your understanding, we will try our best to make our hostel as a warm and fantanstic place.Best wishes from hantanghouse.

• England, Male, 41+
9th Feb 2017

most chilled out hostel i have stayed in, in 3 months :-) and great music! THANK YOU :-)))

Wow, thank you so much to give us the kind and cheerful review which has given us a strong support to move forward on the new year, and honestly speaking, we are still so delighted to know that hantanghouse is your favourate hostel in your trip, thank you. Don't forget, no matter where you are, our hostel is always your home in China and Xi'an, and you are welcomed all the time. Best wishes and great greeting

• England, Couple, 18-24
8th Feb 2017

Staff were really friendly, had very good levels of English, and encouraged everyone to take part in a variety of activities hosted at the hostel in the evening (some of which involved free food!). The hostel is well located and, what's more, easy to find. Great atmosphere in the bar. 谢谢!

31st Jan 2017

Overall, great! Clean and comfortable rooms. A short walk to a lot of the main sights. Would stay again!

• petarush285
  • England, Female, 25-30
29th Jan 2017
8.0

Conveniently located near two metro stops. I stayed in a four bed female dorm which was nice and fairly clean, with optional locker facilities. It was quite noisy during the night though and you could hear everything going on in the corridor and outside the hostel. The communal area was ok but very open with few 'chill out' spots, and a bit dirty. Ok value for money though.

• tomhabel
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
28th Jan 2017

Solid hostel, enjoyed my stay in the heart of Xi'an. pros: Clean, good location, and easy to meet other travellers cons: Some staff are not overly friendly/helpful

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Jan 2017

Really liked this hostel! The location was great - walking distance to the central Bell Tower area and city walls but in a quiet street. The beds were comfy and the shower was one of the best I had while travelling. Activities at the hostel and the nearby sister hostel were great too.

• England, Male, 25-30
17th Jan 2017

pros: comfiest beds, individual lights are not too bright as to disturb others in the room, clean showers. cons: overly expensive bar/food, WIFI is embarrassing, if you are a digital nomad - forget about it

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
17th Jan 2017

I was only staying in Xi'an for a night between flights to do a day of sightseeing, but I can't wait to come back to Han Tang House! The beds were so comfortable and I had the best night of sleep in my two weeks of traveling around China. The facilities were great- the lockers were big enough so I could fit my huge backpack, the showers were nice, and there were locks and towels for rent. The staff is also extremely helpful! Loved my stay here!