Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

Great hostel. Staff was very helpful and answered any questions we posed. My mom and I stayed in a twin double. Oh my goodness. The beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on in China (a place with notoriously hard beds). The bar in the hostel was fun too. Pretty good food and prices. If I'm back in Xi'an, I would definitely stay there again.

I really liked the room which was clean and tidy. The shower was excellent and the water hot. I checked-in at 7am which was no problem and I could already put my luggage into my room. There weren't too many people so the atmosphere wasn't the best. I think however that this might be different in times where more tourists are around.

• 3rd Feb 2016
  • Switzerland

This hostel was exceptionally clean. The staff were friendly. Yet we had a few hiccups with the hostel. Firstly we booked a 6bed dorm and were put into an 8 bed, it was promised that no more than 6people would stay in the room but this was ignored. The wifi didn't work very well. We asked a staff member to call us a taxi for the train station and we were told just to take the bus-this was disappointing. The food here is too expensive but there is cheap food in the Muslim quarter (~1km walk)

I have spend ten days in this hostel and I loved them all. A few minor points I didn't like were that the shower wasn't always as clean as it could be and that the common room is a bar, with loud music and smoking in the evening. To compensate the negative, they had a friendly, helpful staff. The best dormitory I have slept in, with good comfy beds, a nightlight and shelf for every bed and a table in the center. You are minutes away from lovely food, the metro and the belltower. I loved it!

• 11th Jan 2016

Good place. Stuff a bit rude. Room clean. Food expensive.

Hello,thanks for the postive feedback .we have very good location.on a positive note we're glade you had a good time in our hostel.Best wish!

Hostel is well located. Food/breakfast very nice and reasonably priced. Airport transfers worked well and were very efficient. Staff were hit and miss - those in the middle of the day seemed very helpful and friendly, the girl who was working in the early morning both days was quite rude and unhelpful though. Hostel can be pretty loud at night due to live music etc. Would recommend for those on a budget though.

thank you for choosing us and give it a good feed back .our hostel are very proud of our location which is located in the centre of Xi’an.Besh wish!

Really nice hostel and met some really good people. Staff were helpful. No real social area as it is a bar for the public - feel pressured to buy something. Sister hostel has nicer social area which is open to this hostel too.

Very beautiful hostel, nice bar and live music every night. However, I really didn't like one thing: I wrote them an email asking how long it takes from to the high-speed railway station to the hostel and they replied "2 hours by yourself but if we pick up only 40 minutes"... Well, this is not true at all! By subway it takes only half an hour, so when I found it out I had the feeling they just wanted me to use their pick up service (100yuan per car, instead of 3yuan by subway). Just a feeling...

thanks for you stay at our hostel. sorry to heard about the pick up service ,but you come to our hsotel by yourself from the xi'an north train station is more than half an hour.ha ve nice trip in china.

A very good hostel indeed. Well managed, orderly, and a good vibe. Facilities would have rated higher if there had been an elevator...walking up four flights of stairs to my room got old. Though the staff was very good, I rate them only to some others I have stayed at over the years that have been great, so though it looks like a slight, it is not, it's just that they were good, not great.

Thank you so much for such good feedback . we are glade to help to on your journey. Best wish!

We stayed at Han Tang House Xi'an for a few nights. It's great value for the money, the bed was comfortable, the atmosphere was great, and the staffs were great. It could be better to add more lighting around the stairway and the room, just a bit too dark in my opinion.

We are really appreciated by receiving your nice review with beautiful words, thanks a lot for your kindness, we will insist on what we are doing now, just hope you have a good stay here. Have a nice trip!

Very good service ,good staff , good location , staff can speak english , like this hostel

Thank you very much. We are happy you had a delightful and satisfied experience in our hostel. We all wish you have a pleasant journey and great greetings..

Loved this hostel! The food was great! The staff was awesome and it was super clean! Wish it would have been located closer to some bars though. But super friendly!

The good: nice rooms althought a bit small. Great bathroom! (We stayed on a private). They also organized tours that looked really fun, we wouldn't recommend the one to the tomb of emperor jingdi because it wasn't really guided very well, but they were able ti organize it on a very short notice. Food was very good but generally expensive! The bar had a really nice vibe to it. The bad: staff wasn't very helpful, besides their knowledge lf english being limited, complicating communications a lot.

It was good but really noisy at night. Airport transfers were very good. The staff were lovely but didn't speak much English.

• 4th Dec 2015

Best hostel we've stayed at so far. Comfy beds, great shower, awesome bar and friendly staff. Highly recommend.

Thanks for your highly recommend our hostel, Our staff are really lovely to help the guests who stay at our hostel. Wish you have a nice trip around China

We booked a private 3 beds room and it was really convenient, as we didn't have to share anything. Cakes and coffee is good there as well. Stuff is not always in the best mood, but the help with all your questions.

The beds were really comfortable and big. The room was spacey and quiet. t was a little bit too hot in the room, there was no ac. Good location and really affordable! The food in the bar/cafe was delicious.

Staff very unfriendly. Seemed only interested in trying to sell tours. Very loud bar on second floor played terrible live music until midnight making it impossible to sleep. Is this a nightclub or a hostel? The sister property, Hantang Inn, seemed much more friendly and nicer. Lonely Planet definitely got it wrong on this one. Would never recommend staying here.

Rooms were clean and of good size, all with ensuites. Staff were friendly, all with excellent english.

• 17th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

We stayed in a private double room, which featured everything you can expect in a 3-star hotel. Great shower, most comfortable beds in China and the food and drinks available at the café are delicious as well. We did the tour to the Terracotta Warriors as well, which was very interesting and without any unnecessary or not interesting things. We really enjoyed our stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3