Han Tang House

9.3
Superb 1661 Total Reviews

21st Apr 2017
6.9

Nice hostel close by to central Xi'an. Also went on the tour to the terracotta army organised by the hostel which was great. However, on my final night at the hostel some guests checked into the dorm I was in at around 2am (clearly drunk), turned on the lights, very noisy and one proceeded to pee on the floor next to the bunk I was in. Appreciate this isn't the hostels problem itself but allowing them to check-in drunk is surely questionable. Won't be back based on this.

21st Apr 2017

Hostel is located great for the Muslim Quarter and close-ish to the train station! Great friendly staff, good food and beverage selection, and a fairly mellow vibe from the crowd who books. Lots of families and older couples which helped to make for a quieter abode. Bathroom and shower facilities were better than I've seen elsewhere in China, and honestly probably as good as they get. I would stay here again!

20th Apr 2017

Great location - walking distance to metro and major attractions in town. Convenience store just directly opposite the hostel. Clean hostel with individual charging points in the dorm. Comfortable beds. Staff is very helpful and friendly - gave useful tips in seeing the city. Joined their terracotta warriors tour and the guide (Jia Jia) was great! Food is great in the cafe downstairs. Laundry services available at 15RMB/kg. Thank you for making my stay so pleasant!

• Germany, Female, 25-30
16th Apr 2017

By far the best beds I slept in so far in China! Crazy good value for the money with extremely helpful staff! I had to go to the airport super early in the morning (4:30am!) and they were so kind to order a taxi for me, woke up on the respective day and made sure I am doing fine. Great location as well- the central metro is not even 10min. away and the major sights can be reached by walking! Really great experience! I can definitely recommend this one!!!

• Denmark, Male, 31-40
15th Apr 2017

We've been through many hostels around the world and this hostel have taken a special place in our hearts. The hostel surprised us with their low price, best beds and a staff that made the two days in Xian one of the best experiences in China. A special thanks to Sawada, Peter, Dennis and Wendy who are having a laugh together behind the bar and puts the costumers experience first. Love when you can see the staff are enjoying their jobs:) The biggest recommendations from us. Michael and Peter

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
14th Apr 2017

Best bed of any hostel I've ever stayed in. I didn't want to leave!

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
14th Apr 2017

This hostel is the best hostel I have ever been to. Very good location (close to city wall, Muslim quarter and bell tower, supermarket directly opposite of the hostel). Suuuper clean. Great service ( there was a misunderstanding with the terracotta warriors tour booking but they solved it and we could join, no problem at all). Very friendly staff. The terracotta tour was really cool. The tour guide Jia Jia was great. very informative and she gives you enough free time to look around yourself.

• Israel, Male, 25-30
13th Apr 2017

It is was perfect guest house! It is very clean, cheap, and a good vibe.. at nigth we just drunk and play cards with alot of pepole in the hostel..

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Apr 2017

A really great hostel in a convenient location (close to the Muslim quarter, city walls and bell tower). It has super comfy beds, a cool bar and amazing, friendly staff who speak excellent English. They also offer a great Terracotta Warriors tour run by the lovely Lady Jaja. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, thanks for having us!

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Apr 2017

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were really friendly, very welcoming and create a really comfortable environment for everyone. The food and drinks they serve here, are really good! Little over priced for somethings but I feel I will pay for it when it comes to hostels as you get great accommodation for a low price. (You veggies out there try the chickpea patty burger! 👌🏽) The tour they offer for the Terracotta Army was great! Lady Jaja was very funny and really helpful with everything!