Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

As you walk in it's already perfect! Relaxed music, great food and English speaking staff. The only hassle was the lack of an elevator. The walk up to the third floor was quite a challenge. Bed extremely comfortable for a hostel. Shower and toilet also clean. WiFi fast for Chinese standards (I had to transfer video's) but sometimes spotty. Not sure if it was the location on the third floor that caused it. Public transport great and muslim street nearby for awesome food. Overall I felt at home.

This place was light years ahead of Home Hostel in Beijing! The only gripes were that the bar/restaurant/lounge was a haven for smokers after 930pm, the residential access door was open a lot (should be secure). I highly recommend this hostel if you are staying in Xian, ppl from all over stay there and the bar/restaurant/lounge is active during the nights.

Great hostel! The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They have great suggestions of places to visit and eat in xi'an! Also the tour to the terracotta warrior was great! The tour guide was amazing and gave great information about the area and the history!

Fabulous hostel. Staff are so helpful and spoke fluent English - very keen to help in any way they can and super friendly. Located near all the main attractions and had a bar area where people seem to mix and socialise very easily. The tours seem to be very well organised also. All in all one of the best hostels we've stayed in in Asia and certainly the best of the Chinese ones. Highly recommend.

It's very, very expensive here. This might just be Xi'an but it was a bit of a shock at some of the prices they were charging for food and not all of it arrived as it was described. Staff were quite helpful and friendly though. Terracotta Warrior tour was average though tour guide was friendly and entertaining.

Soft Bed, Comfortable, En-suited bathroom within the dorm, 5 minutes distance to Metro. Excellent.

the cafe had great coffee and australian food

Dorms are really nice. Free dumpling making night on Wednesdays. I lost my key card and they gave me half my key deposit back which was great!

Tha staff was absolutly lovely. Food very nice and drinks cheap. Wendy and Sasha were very helpful and lovely

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Some of the staff only spoke very poor english. So it was difficult to handle request. Also we gave some stuff to the laundry but not all of it came back clean and smelled like smoke.

Jaja was the guide for our terracotta warriors tour and was awesome. She was knowledgeable and entertaining. The staff at the hotel were very helpful. Our room was very clean but our friends room had mouldy food under the bed and a mouldy/dirty bathroom. Good location. Good food. Good coffee.

The add ons a bit pricey, and the live music rather annoying from about 8 to 10pm, but in all other respects a good place. Would stay there again.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It was a wonderful place! the staff was very friendly and helpful. It was very very clean and had a pretty good location.

cool bar, nice atmosphere, perfect location and very near to muslim street and many attractive locations nearby. getting around with metro or bus is easy from here.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • India

Good location, the room is really clean and comfortable, and the room fee is cheap.

Wonderful caring staff who really help you! I had someone even help me check into my flight as the website is in Chinese. They even got me to the airport shuttle bus on a fun motorbike ride! Thank you again for a memorable stay - they care about their guests!

Hi,Brian Thanks for your high recomended,we will best,Best Regards

The hostel dorms are really nice, as well as being in a good location to get to the Terracotta Warriors from the train station. There was also live music at the bar on Friday night!

This hostel was the best hostel that I've stayed in in China. We LOVED it. The staff is super friendly and helpful, and they spoke pretty good english. The rooms were amazing. The beds are really soft, and they have lockers for each person. (bring your own lock) The bathrooms were western toilets, and the showers were super nice, with tile floors and granite counters and everything. It was like staying in a hotel. They had free water, and every night they had live music going on in the lobby!

Place is nice with a bar area with live music. They have very nice muffins. Met quite a few great fellow travellers there. Staff can be bad or good depending on who you speak too. One guy Michael, was very rude when we were asking about another gues, so we can leave a message for her. But he started shouting "I DON'T KNOW!" Before I could even finish saying what we wanted. It was only because We asked the morning shift that we managed to pass a message to our friend.

I stayed in a private room with twin beds and bathroom. The common room had a great vibe but food and drinks were overpriced. The room was great; the shower had its own doors (so the rest of the bathroom could stay relatively dry). The staff was helpful and the location was convenient. My only complaint is a toe nail I found in the otherwise very clean-looking bed. Overall, great value.

• 26th Jan 2015