Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

Nearest to Metro station and airport bus station. Staffs are friendly, clean and comfort, recommend to all.

Great hostel! Staff very really friendly and helpful. The hostel is great for solo travelers who are looking to meet other people. Wifi is a little slow, though. Well worth the money. Would definitely recommend staying here!

We stayed in the 8 bed mixed dorm which was spacious, clean and feels more like a hotel than hostel. The shower and toilet are seperate which is a bonus in a dorm situation. The staff were really helpful. My only suggestion to the hostel would be to add curtains between the bunk beds to provide a little privacy.

Absolutely fantastic place to stay, lovely staff who were very helpful and excellent location. Everyone was very impressed by how comfortable the beds were - best in China! Also great tours and our tour guide to the Terracotta Warriors, Jaa Jaa, was inspirational. Can't recommend it enough.

• 4th Aug 2014

Great personal, lovely location and fine rooms! The only negative thing is the bathroom. It could really use a good cleanup! I staged i 306 Thank you for a very good stay!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Denmark

We had a private room with 3 twin beds on the second floor. Included in the price were sheets, towels, toilet paper & shower shoes (Shower could have been cleaner.) Spacious room had a table with 4 chairs. Beds were very comfortable & each had a reading light & handy wall shelf. Staff was friendly, very knowledgeable & helpful about visiting local sites. Food in the restaurant/bar was very good for the most part. Excellent baked goods & breakfast. Appetizers kind of pricey for portion size..

• 1st Aug 2014

The nicest dorm bed we've ever slept on. Hostel definitely feels more like a hotel. The staffs were excellent, very accommodating to us by helping us book a tour and booking our train ticket last minute too! The last day Rose helped us get a tuk tuk big enough to carry us and our two backpacks to the train station as no taxi will take us there. She even went out and helped with translation and gave us each a water bottle to send us off. Totally recommend this place!

• 1st Aug 2014

From the time of making a reservation, this hostel is engaged with the traveler. They send excellent pre-arrival info and are efficient at registration. They provide useful maps in English and helpful info re heritage sites. Food is great, although a tad expensive, but this balances out the very affordable room rates, even for private with ensuite bath. Being an older traveler, reception put me in a room on the top floor where it would be more quiet. Special kudos to Michael and Wendy!

We are a much older couple than what normally chooses to stay at a hostel. In truth, this was our first hostel experience and we were pleasantly surprised. We booked a private room and it was adequate for the amount of time we sprint there. The rooms were clean. The Han Tang was in a fairly good location for seeing the sights. The staff was especially helpful and spoke good English. We would definitely recommend the HanTang to anyone considering a hostel in Xian.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very convenient location, clean and comfortable room; only negative was a loose toilet seat.

Wonderful place. Please thank your staff for me.

• 25th Jul 2014

When I arrived at 9:30pm I was told that the private room I had booked was unavailable. The receptionist didn't seem to care and offered me a choice of staying in a dorm or at another hostel "just on the next street." I asked to see the hostel and after a 10-minute walk I was shown a smoking room with flies in it. I stayed at Han Tang House and had to change rooms the next day. Throughout my stay I found out this happened to multiple people that night. It was a terrible start to my stay there.

Staff is excellent. There's live music on the weekends which is nice, but if you're exhausted, can be a little overwhelming. I've stayed here 4 or 5 times and always was a good experience.

Had a couple of difficult moments communicating with the staff, but otherwise a great stay here. Good western food if you are really craving it, nice bathrooms with modern plumbing :) and a really nice large double bed. Staff was also helpful organising activities. I think the tours there are overpriced and we organised our own using public transportation, but otherwise good!

+: Excellent location in the city on walking distance from muslim quarter and drum and bell towers +: Food in the hostel is the best Western type food I have had in China: great breakfasts/lunches/diners +: Beds are the greatest in China (soft and big) +: Staff is nice and helps booking trains, etc. -: Bit hard to find (directions are not really spot on) if you arrive somewhat later (after latest pickups from the train stations) -: Tours are somewhat expensive

Great location and very helpful, English-speaking staff. The bar food and drinks are what you would expect, but they have a good selection of both. The rooms were clean and the inroom bathroom very convenient.

HI Christin Thanks to you for our evaluation,we will improve our service.

Just great. The hostel rooms seem more like a hotel just that you share your room. But we had our own bathroom, cleaning was done every day and they locked the doors downstairs so that nobody without a key couldn't get in.

Hi Uta Thank you for E-mail,Thanks to you for our evaluation,we will improve our service.

Nice cheap place to stay in Xi'an. Comfortable and clean with friendly helpful staff.

Hi Tariq Thanks to you for our evaluation,we will improve our service.

This was a fantastic hostel. Would definitely recommend and stay there again, if we visited Xi'an. We also enjoyed the "paddling pool" at the sister hostel on the same street. The tour guide who took us to the Terracotta Army Warriors was lovely. She even bought me a birthday gift! No idea how to spell her name but it sounded like Xha Xha. Big thank you to her for making my birthday so special. Kerry

Hi Kerry Thank you for E-mail,her name is Jia Jia,thanksto you for our evaluation,we will improve our service.

the hostel is very good location . it is the best hostel that i stayed in China . the staff as named Rose , her English and work skill better and better than before. make me surprise . have a good time . high recommend !

Hello:Jack 谢谢您的评价,我们会提高的服务。