Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

The hostel was great! They were very helpful and the amenities were better than we expected. We would recommend to a friend and return ourselves if we are in Xi'an again. Trent and Angie L from San Antonio, Texas (currently teaching in Qingdao)

• 21st Nov 2014

Good place- a bit quiet as i came during winter. Ppl do smoke in the restaurant/bat which was a bummer. Its a bit tricky finding the alley/small street. Before u come into china, get it loaded on google maps (which is blocked in china) so u dont get lost! Also, u can go to terra cotta warriors via public bus instead for soo much cheaper (only 7 rmb each way)! Take the buses that are parked to the right of the train station. I took bus 103.

I had a great time staying at Han Tang House. The staff were always obliging and helpful, and made me feel at home. The cafe / bar area is a nice place to have a drink and some great food. The hostel is also in an excellent location in a peaceful alley, near to many great restaurants, sights and the subway station. I'd love to come back in the future if I get the chance to visit Xi'an again.

It was a good room, like a nice hotel, soft bed. The main drawback is there is a bar on the first level that has live music every night that can be heard through the walls. It is not too loud, but I would not recommend it for someone who is a light sleeper. It is about a 10 minute walk to the Bell Tower, but on a pretty quite side street.

Micky was a lot of help very friendly and very good English. I enjoyed my stay. I might have been lucky but I met several like minded travelers. Food might be a bit overpriced but was good. I would definitely stay here again.

The staff are very friendly. The rooms are very comfortable, with own ensuite. :) Had a very enjoyable stay, and the staff were able to recommend things to see and do in Xi'an, which was excellent. The tour guide for the Terracotta Warrior tour is amazing as well.

Thank you very much for liking hantang house and giving us a good review, we will keep that in mind and try our best to be better, for more friendly staff, tours and anything you need in our hostel. Best wishes from all the staff in hantanghouse. Wendy.

Had high expectations going in due to these reviews and they were met. Very clean beds and bathrooms, staff was helpful, lively area, a bit of a walk from public transport but nothing inconvenient. Extremely worth the money I spent. Only two complaints were that WiFi was a bit spotty throughout the hostel and water temperature in the shower kept varying.

We also had a grateful mind reading the review you gave, and hope you will recieve our gratitude and appreciation, thank you so much for everything you mentioned, especially for the two suggestions, which will make us to be much better and give all the guests a home feeling. Thank you again. Wendy.

Nice hostel with clean double rooms and good bathrooms. Good food too. Gives wrong info about the airport shuttle bus though. They says it drops you near the Bell Tower and hostel, but it doesn't and you probably need to get a taxi. All in all a really good place.

We are so please that you feed back so qiuckly and give us a high prise, thank you. And we are so sorry for the wrong information about the shuttle bus(the shuttle bus changed the places just 5 days before, we are sorry for not informing you and making some inconvience). See you next time. Wendy.

Great hostel. Clean bed, verf thick and soft :-) Feels like hotel.

Thank you for enjoying your stay here, we are very happy and will do our best to give you the best service and a home feeling. Wendy.

Nice place with an amazing location. I tried, for the first time, a tour guide with this hostel. The terra cotta warriors tour with Lady Jaja was really nice! She is so funny! I meet a lot of people from the hostel and HanTang inn. We decide to go together after in the Muslim quarter and we had a blast! Great idea if you are traveling alone and you want to meet people! (We were from Canada, Australian and England). By the way, There is a nice rooftop at HanTang inn, go see by yourself! :)

Wow, From your review, we not only got the great time you stayed in our hostel but also the sister hostel-hantanginn, Whichmakes us so happy and appreciated , thank you, thank you for sharing your happyness and good experience.Best wishes. Wendy.

Excellent place. However, the room was not clean when we arrive in. The bed and floor was still dirty from previous guests but they cleaned it fast.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

Thank you for giving us a good review and forgiving the inconvience. We sinceerelly hope to see you next time. Wendy.

good place. central and friendly staff

How consise your comment is, which gives us unlimited power, thank you. Wendy.

Excellent facilities with a cool upstairs bar that was great to socialize in. All front desk went above and beyond with any of the requests I made. Especially Sasha, Rose and Mikey.They all helped me manage my plans in Xi'an and always friendly to me during my stay. Mikki the bar manager and all the other waiters I think one was called scott always attentive to customers and managed the whole place excellent. Highly recommend this hostel to any travelers to Xi'an.

Thank you for feeing back so fast, and giving us a high praise. As you said, we all remember the great time you had and the vanluable experience you shared with us, and would like help you to solve all the problems, just hope you could have a good memory here. Wendy.

Loved the location, right in the center of the walled city, within walking distance of the Bell and drum towers, muslim quarter, Mosque, subway system, south gate of old city wall. The staff was great! Very helpful and friendly, english speaking. They had reasonable prices for food and drinks, specials every day, live music. The atmosphere leant well to meeting people and sharing travel tips. Rooms were very comfortable, fresh filtered water was available on each floor.

• 22nd Oct 2014

From you review, we can't believe that you are only a traveller here, which means you fully understand everything here, convenient central location inexpensive food and drinks, well-trained and friendly staff and good atmosphere and so on, and also gives us the confident to be better and better. Thank you. Wendy.

Such a great hostel, especially with its location and everything is within walking distances. The staff is very helpful, big ups to Michael who has very attentitive. The most comfortable beds we ever had at a hostel, and we stayed at one of the dorms. A really good citymap was provided at check-in too. Would definitely stay here again.

First of all, thank you for speaking highly of our hostel, especially for the location, staff and beds and so on, we are so appreciated and honored. For the staff, no matter Micheal or any one else, would like to help you all the time. For the free city map, which was provided when you check in and showed the places you are interested. Have a nice trip. Wendy.

Located in cool side street,center of Xi'an. The ladies Wendy, Rose, Mikki, Shasha and Michael helped with planning all my day trips, places of interest to see. Always had a smile on their face and made me feel at home. Great bar on second level for travelers to talk and the western breakfast was excellent. Even the staff at han tang inn, the sister hostel 50m down the road were excellent at booking flight. Frances at that reception assisted me with many things during my stay in Xi'an. A++

How exciting the review is! Because of your support, we are more convinced the meaning of our work and will always stick to it. Thank you, not only for remembering the names of our employees, but giving us high praise. Wendy.

Great hostel and definetly one of the best we stayed at in China. The great offer of Western breakfast was a delight after getting a little tired of the Chinese version. The bar is packed at night, even Chinese locals seem to come here. Only downside: their driver that brings you to the airport on demand and against a fee is a maniac, even for Chinese driving standards. He almost got us killed and that I mean literarily. Neither did he adapt his driving after that incident. Avoid him.

Thank you for liking our hostel and enjoying your stay here, we'll remember your support and encouragement, and to continue to improve and strive for better. And we are sincerely sorry for the driver who picks you up, but thank you for your understanding. Hope you have a nice trip no matter where you are. Wendy.

Amazing (and clean) facilities. Very Western vibe with a bar and Western food (for Western prices). The staff are OK, you'd be forgiven to think some of them are actually European given the cockiness, LOL! I had a good stay and met some cool people. Easy to get to the Terracotta Warriors and Huashan from there.

We are so happy that you like the facilities, vibe and food here, and give the advise about the staff, thank you , we will enhance to improve. Best wishes from hantanghouse. Wendy.

bedding was very clean and comfortable but shower room was not clean, fungi all around the corner, stuffy smell.

Thank you for your timely review. By your comments, although we know that you are satisfied with us, but there are still some good suggestions, we definitely hope you can mail us and we will try our best to improve, thank you, for your stay and the suggestions.Wendy.

Very central location, only 10-15 mins' walk from Bell Tower subway station. The hostel was over our expectation, because its furnishing was as good as a hotel but with a hostel atmosphere. Most staff (not everyone) were nice and helpful. We kept coming back to Hantang when we returned to Xi'an.

Thank you for your kind and effective review, which makes us realize the advantages(central location, hostel facilities but hostel atmosphere)and disadvantages of the hostel, and also lets us know how to improve to become a high-end fashion hostel. We all sincerely hope you can come hantang house again. Wendy

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5