Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

Soft Bed, Comfortable, En-suited bathroom within the dorm, 5 minutes distance to Metro. Excellent.

the cafe had great coffee and australian food

Dorms are really nice. Free dumpling making night on Wednesdays. I lost my key card and they gave me half my key deposit back which was great!

Tha staff was absolutly lovely. Food very nice and drinks cheap. Wendy and Sasha were very helpful and lovely

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Some of the staff only spoke very poor english. So it was difficult to handle request. Also we gave some stuff to the laundry but not all of it came back clean and smelled like smoke.

Jaja was the guide for our terracotta warriors tour and was awesome. She was knowledgeable and entertaining. The staff at the hotel were very helpful. Our room was very clean but our friends room had mouldy food under the bed and a mouldy/dirty bathroom. Good location. Good food. Good coffee.

The add ons a bit pricey, and the live music rather annoying from about 8 to 10pm, but in all other respects a good place. Would stay there again.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It was a wonderful place! the staff was very friendly and helpful. It was very very clean and had a pretty good location.

cool bar, nice atmosphere, perfect location and very near to muslim street and many attractive locations nearby. getting around with metro or bus is easy from here.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • India

Good location, the room is really clean and comfortable, and the room fee is cheap.

Wonderful caring staff who really help you! I had someone even help me check into my flight as the website is in Chinese. They even got me to the airport shuttle bus on a fun motorbike ride! Thank you again for a memorable stay - they care about their guests!

Hi,Brian Thanks for your high recomended,we will best,Best Regards

The hostel dorms are really nice, as well as being in a good location to get to the Terracotta Warriors from the train station. There was also live music at the bar on Friday night!

This hostel was the best hostel that I've stayed in in China. We LOVED it. The staff is super friendly and helpful, and they spoke pretty good english. The rooms were amazing. The beds are really soft, and they have lockers for each person. (bring your own lock) The bathrooms were western toilets, and the showers were super nice, with tile floors and granite counters and everything. It was like staying in a hotel. They had free water, and every night they had live music going on in the lobby!

Place is nice with a bar area with live music. They have very nice muffins. Met quite a few great fellow travellers there. Staff can be bad or good depending on who you speak too. One guy Michael, was very rude when we were asking about another gues, so we can leave a message for her. But he started shouting "I DON'T KNOW!" Before I could even finish saying what we wanted. It was only because We asked the morning shift that we managed to pass a message to our friend.

I stayed in a private room with twin beds and bathroom. The common room had a great vibe but food and drinks were overpriced. The room was great; the shower had its own doors (so the rest of the bathroom could stay relatively dry). The staff was helpful and the location was convenient. My only complaint is a toe nail I found in the otherwise very clean-looking bed. Overall, great value.

• 26th Jan 2015

Central location, close to the metro and convenient for whoever is arriving by train (either station) or the airport. The commune area is in the bar so it can be a little too noisy (and smoky) at times but most times there's plenty of space so it shouldn't be such of a big problem. Beds are extremely comfortable, and have reading lights and personal power outlets.

We really appreciated the pick-up from the train station, as my Baidu maps app on my phone wasn't working and I didn't have the phone number or address in Chinese, but one of the workers found us (thanks, Rose!) and got us a car. The tours from the hostel are a little overpriced and they don't have one to Mt. Hua (Huashan), which was the one tour I actually might have paid extra for someone else to organize. But they didn't force them on us and gave lots of helpful advice for getting around.

It was a little bit difficult in locating this hostel for the first time, I had to take the tuktuk (since the taxis refused to take me there). However, after dropping by, I realized it was actually close to the scenic spots, the bus station and the railway station. The staff were okay and can converse with you in English. It has a good bar. A good place to stay within Xi'an (considering that there aren't too many options to stay in unlike Beijing or Shanghai)

Thank you for your details writting down about our hostel . We have send a email for everyone with the map of the hostel and how can you find us , if you checked it before you arrived will be avoid any inconvenience caused by this . Thank you agian ! Wish you have a good trip! Fangfang

Great place to hangout, the hostel also has a nice bar downstairs. Staff is courteous and the hostel is close to a metro station, which makes easier if arriving/leaving town by train.

The staff was nice and helpful, the rooms big and clean, separate toilet and shower. Was a bit exhausting to carry up my suitcase to the 2nd floor, but it's manageable. I did the tour to the terra-cotta armee that thr hostel organizes, but if you have enough time it's probably better to do it by yourself as it is cheaper. But the lunch we had afterwards (but not included in the price) was very delicious. Location is also good - walking distance to muslim quater

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4