Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

Very central location, only 10-15 mins' walk from Bell Tower subway station. The hostel was over our expectation, because its furnishing was as good as a hotel but with a hostel atmosphere. Most staff (not everyone) were nice and helpful. We kept coming back to Hantang when we returned to Xi'an.

5-10 minutes walk from the Bell Tower in the center of the city, and from there, everything is walking distance inside the old city wall. Rooms were almost hotel quality and the common area had a very relaxed, inviting vibe to it. Beds were comfortable and the showers were hot. Would stay again.

We had a double room with our own ensuite and it was fantastic- as good as some of the hotels we have stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful but as in other comments, they were a bit pushy with trying to sell the tours.

Beds are comfiest in China so far! Nice thick matress. Location is close to subway and bus stop so easy to get about. Great cheap restaurant a few doors down with English menu.

It was good atmosphere. Staffs were reli friendly. I and my fren reli enjoyed the visit. If I go to Xian again, I will definitely stay this place again

• 29th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

So friendly!

Very helpful staff, delicious food, nice events in the common area. We made their "Terracota Army Tour", i recommend it, the guide is a very lovely and nice girl.

Really enjoyed my stay. They were very helpful when it came to arriving earlier than booked and also leaving later than booked. And if it weren't for a slight misunderstanding, everything would've been perfect. I stayed for a total of 4 nights. Slept in a 8-bed dorm, very nice room, plenty of space, private bathroom with seperated toilet and shower. very clean, nice bed og large locker. The cafe/bar was nice. Maybe a bit pricy, as some of the food cost the same there as in Norway.

Good locations and a free collection from the railway station. Staff were helpful and knowledgeable, and food and beer made for a good hostel atmosphere.

Very good overall but a bit pricy, will recommend this hostel

This hostel is better than the Han Tang Inn if you ask me as far as facilities. More Chinese tourists here and more western tourists at the Inn. Very clean. The staff will tell you there are no buses going to tourist sites but there are buses, they are trying to sell tours is what I was told.

This hostel really was the best during our stay in China. The deluxe dorms are deluxe - you have your own shower and toilet in the room, the beds are comfy and everything is clean. The laundry took a little longer though, probably because of the rain and the clothes still were a little damp. Staff was very helpful though sometimes the English was a little rough. Cocktail prices are 20 - 40 RMB, Beer is about the same price. Nice place to stay and a oasis of cleanliness :)

Thanks for your high reviews.we will try our best to improve ourselves,welcome to come here next time Sasha

Staff weren't the best we've encountered in China but in the 8-bed dorm there were the softest beds we've slept on in a month! Good inner-city location.

The hostel is very modern and clean, Wendy at reception is absolutely super, her English is perfect and she will happily answer any of your questions. As people wrote before me the food here IS very expensive but on the same small road where the hostel is there's lots of shops and small restaurants that sell very cheap Chinese meals. The free pickup from the train station was a good thing too

Very comfortable, centrally located hostel. Good tour of terracotta warriors. Decent for meeting other travelers. Only negative is they don't change towels and I was there for 5 days, and say they will charge you if you leave them on the floor

I asked for a single room but had to change the date of my arrival, so when I arrived the room wasn't available.A very nice young guy(I believe his name was Tim) was very polite and friendly and found the best option for me, so I was really happy with the hostel. The only minus was that my room was on the 5th floor and I had to carry my suitcase upstairs with no elevator.A great location, a very comfortable and clean room and really nice people- definitely worth the price. Thank you very mu

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Russia

Clean, good location, good beds and good food. The food isn't cheap though and at times it can be a bit noisy.

• 4th Sep 2014

Great hostel, clean and very safe. Staff is nice and location is less than minutes walk from the city center.

The Han Tang House is essentially a hotel with a restaurant on the groud floor. In this restaurant, they have live music and party every night until late. Even upstairs in our room the noise was so loud that we could hardly sleep (not even with ear plugs). Apart from that the rooms are nice.

Great hostel, friendly welcome and easy check in. Staff tuned in to western traveller needs and helpful. Would stay here again if back in Xian. Thanks

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5