Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

We are a much older couple than what normally chooses to stay at a hostel. In truth, this was our first hostel experience and we were pleasantly surprised. We booked a private room and it was adequate for the amount of time we sprint there. The rooms were clean. The Han Tang was in a fairly good location for seeing the sights. The staff was especially helpful and spoke good English. We would definitely recommend the HanTang to anyone considering a hostel in Xian.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very convenient location, clean and comfortable room; only negative was a loose toilet seat.

Wonderful place. Please thank your staff for me.

• 25th Jul 2014

When I arrived at 9:30pm I was told that the private room I had booked was unavailable. The receptionist didn't seem to care and offered me a choice of staying in a dorm or at another hostel "just on the next street." I asked to see the hostel and after a 10-minute walk I was shown a smoking room with flies in it. I stayed at Han Tang House and had to change rooms the next day. Throughout my stay I found out this happened to multiple people that night. It was a terrible start to my stay there.

Staff is excellent. There's live music on the weekends which is nice, but if you're exhausted, can be a little overwhelming. I've stayed here 4 or 5 times and always was a good experience.

Had a couple of difficult moments communicating with the staff, but otherwise a great stay here. Good western food if you are really craving it, nice bathrooms with modern plumbing :) and a really nice large double bed. Staff was also helpful organising activities. I think the tours there are overpriced and we organised our own using public transportation, but otherwise good!

Very nice hostel with facilities and everything you need when traveling around.

+: Excellent location in the city on walking distance from muslim quarter and drum and bell towers +: Food in the hostel is the best Western type food I have had in China: great breakfasts/lunches/diners +: Beds are the greatest in China (soft and big) +: Staff is nice and helps booking trains, etc. -: Bit hard to find (directions are not really spot on) if you arrive somewhat later (after latest pickups from the train stations) -: Tours are somewhat expensive

Great location and very helpful, English-speaking staff. The bar food and drinks are what you would expect, but they have a good selection of both. The rooms were clean and the inroom bathroom very convenient.

HI Christin Thanks to you for our evaluation,we will improve our service.

Just great. The hostel rooms seem more like a hotel just that you share your room. But we had our own bathroom, cleaning was done every day and they locked the doors downstairs so that nobody without a key couldn't get in.

Hi Uta Thank you for E-mail,Thanks to you for our evaluation,we will improve our service.

Nice cheap place to stay in Xi'an. Comfortable and clean with friendly helpful staff.

Hi Tariq Thanks to you for our evaluation,we will improve our service.

This was a fantastic hostel. Would definitely recommend and stay there again, if we visited Xi'an. We also enjoyed the "paddling pool" at the sister hostel on the same street. The tour guide who took us to the Terracotta Army Warriors was lovely. She even bought me a birthday gift! No idea how to spell her name but it sounded like Xha Xha. Big thank you to her for making my birthday so special. Kerry

Hi Kerry Thank you for E-mail,her name is Jia Jia,thanksto you for our evaluation,we will improve our service.

the hostel is very good location . it is the best hostel that i stayed in China . the staff as named Rose , her English and work skill better and better than before. make me surprise . have a good time . high recommend !

Hello:Jack 谢谢您的评价,我们会提高的服务。

We were on the 4th floor , there was no lift and they are double flight s of stairs. Being over 60 , it was exhausting to go to our bedroom. Food and drinks are also too expensive.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Nice location in a dirty alley. Friendly English-speaking staff. Reasonably clean rooms.

Friendly hostel, position 10mins walk from the main attractions. The bunk / dorm beds were of an extremely high quality and very comfortable: I can't recommend that enough. Access via electronic key, shower and bathroom for each 6 people. It was an enjoyable stay with front desk staff who were very efficient, a good in-house menu and some local street food offerings on the ally where it's located. I will stay here again.

• 11th Jul 2014

For those who want to sleep more and party less I'd recommend Han Tang Inn, just 50 m away from HTH on the same street!:)

My stay here was too brief. I enjoyed everything the property had to offer and it was a thrilling experience to meet new people from all over the world. The homeliness of the hostel provided a great place to hang out and rest after days of sight seeing or travel. The activities and events they had each night added a lively vibe to the place. I will definitely be returning to this hostel next time I am in Xi'An.

• 5th Jul 2014

Beautiful building and rooms. The bar is very loud; no quiet skype time - wifi reception is poor to make calls. When leaving early in the morning there's no coffee as the staff is slow to boot the machine. Their terracotta warriors tour is a scam. Advertised as "no shops" but they take you to shops, advertised as including an emperor's tomb, but you don't get to see a tomb. They rush you through the terracotta site in one hour and push you into a mediocre lunch. Use public transport instead!

Mikki and Sasha were the only staff at the hostel that weren't rude and that made me feel like they care more about the people staying at the hostel than those buying food. Most of the staff weren't helpful, their patience was quite limited, and IF they did something to help you, it was only up to the bare minimum. They are also not too responsible for their mistakes. The food they sell is extremely pricy as well.

• 2nd Jul 2014