Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

Very helpful staff, clean and wonderful rooms and delicious Coffee

Hi,Liliana Thanks for recommending our hostel,we will do best,welcome to come back next time.Sasha

Pros: Very clean hostel, the staff was pretty helpful, highly recommend the tours Cons: The hostel was located on a rather dubious alley

• 20th Jan 2014

This was probably our favourite hostel we stayed at in China. Staff were very eager to help. Nice bar area and great trip to the Terracotta warriors.

LOVE this place and the people, especially Mikki! Would definitely recommend staying here! Hope to visit them again!

Seriously comfy beds!!! Wifi didnt work in my room, the bins (including the toilet paper bin) werent emptied everyday and the room was quite cold! Apart from that the staff were great, the Terracotta Warriors trip was excellent and it was a good place to meet people! Bar was pretty pricey and there was a fight between two Chinese guys whilst i was there but it was very well dealt with by one of the female bar staff...she was a warrior lol!!!

Good location, staff were mostly friendly. Bar was awesome, rooms were tidy and large. Would return if I was ever in Xi'Am again :)

Excellent value for money; very good location; friendly and helpful staff.

Thanks for your high recomended,we will do the best,Enjoy your life Sasha

I thought this hostel was great. It had a really cool environment. The beds were really comfortable and warm, and the shower was absolutely incredible--rainfall style and it worked great. The food is decent and foreigner oriented, albeit a little expensive, but that's foreigner food in China. The staff was really helpful when it came to letting you know where things were and making sure you didn't miss your tour. My only complaint is that we booked a female dorm and they put men in there.

Rude and inconsiderate staff. Expensive accommodations and persistent "nickel and dime" strategy for extracting even more money for little things. Boring atmosphere, decor, and overall ambience. Would not recommend to anyone.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Thanks for giving us comment,we will try our best do the best,welcome to come back Sasha

This is a good hostel - it has decent facilities in the rooms, a great bar (although quite expensive) and generally nice and friendly staff. Recommend it for Xi'an definitely.

The hostel was very dark, smokey and cold. Although it was forbidden to smoke on the restaurant floor, the staff didnt care about guest smoking there. Good with a restaurant, food was OK, but a bit overpriced. Hard beds! The location of the hostel wasnt good for a turist, as well the city Xi'an. Only good was the guided tour to terra cotta army, and the guide.

first ,thank you stay in our hostel. You do not like our hostel ,We are sorry about this.but you said something untruth for our hostel. you can the tell us ,we can change the room or we can do something for you.

For my stay the staff were amazing and gave great tips and hints do local sights/experiences. I was very ill on my check out day but was taking an overnight train that night - the staff were amazing!! I had delivered hot water all day, they walked me to a chemist and helped translate so I could get medication. I also was given a dorm bed for the afternoon so that I could sleep. I have traveled and stayed in quite a few hostels. This is hands down the best, most helpful staff I have ever met.

• 26th Dec 2013
  • New Zealand

Thanks for booking our hostel and giving us a high recommended,we will try our best to do very good,take care,have a nice trip.Sasha

Comfy beds. Nice bathroom. Decent room prices but clearly the hostel makes their money on the ridiculously expensive food and drink. 35 rmb for a tea is a joke.

Thanks for stay our hostel,Maybe we made the mistake each other,because all the teas on the menu is 28yuan ,not 35yuan.We are sorry about this ,we wish if you can back xian ,you will stay here again. have a nice trip hantanghose Wendy

New and very clean hostel. Great atmosphere. The organized tours are quite good. It sometimes felt more like a hotel than a hostel but it was still a perfect place to meet people. Staff really helpful. Food is too expensive but good . Location is very good next to subway and bus stop. Free train station pick-up! Loved the bar and the live music :)

Thanks for your review .have a nice trip! hantanghouse Wendy

Great stay! Traveled by myself and the hostel was extremely helpful with booking my private tour to the Terracotta Army. The reception is there 24 hours, so I was able to check out at 5 am. The location is really conveniently located close to the Bell Tower in the center of Xi'an. The atmosphere is relaxed, there are 2 common areas to hang out, the lobby and the bar area. Talented musicians play live many nights and are shut down by 11-1130 PM. Beds are really comfortable!

Thanks!It is very happy to made your trip easier ! Have a nice trip. Hantanghouse Wendy

This is the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in. They actually say it is a hotel, but I was in a dorm. The shower had a rain shower head. The beds were big and very comfy with a shelf and light in each individual bed area. The wifi worked pretty well but sometimes didn't work in the room. The staff are amazing! Especially Mickey and Michael. The bar area is filled with a lot of Chinese patrons. There is a supermarket across the alley, fruit stands and street food stands at the end of the alley.

Thanks for your recommend.We will try to our best .

Best hostel ever in Xi'an. The location is perfect, the beds are really comfortable.

• Colombia

They had live music over the weekend in the bar - the music was so loud you couldn't hear people shouting next to you! We asked them to turn it down but they "couldn't." But the beds were great and the English breakfast options were a nice change of pace from the street food outside.

• 15th Nov 2013

Stylish hostel located within a 5-10 minute walk of the Bell Tower. Foosball table was a nice feature and the restaurant features coffee and food at prices that aren't outrageous. Nice staff, as well. No complaints here.

Excellent i had a good time in hantang house

• South Korea