Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

Nice location in a dirty alley. Friendly English-speaking staff. Reasonably clean rooms.

Friendly hostel, position 10mins walk from the main attractions. The bunk / dorm beds were of an extremely high quality and very comfortable: I can't recommend that enough. Access via electronic key, shower and bathroom for each 6 people. It was an enjoyable stay with front desk staff who were very efficient, a good in-house menu and some local street food offerings on the ally where it's located. I will stay here again.

• 11th Jul 2014

For those who want to sleep more and party less I'd recommend Han Tang Inn, just 50 m away from HTH on the same street!:)

My stay here was too brief. I enjoyed everything the property had to offer and it was a thrilling experience to meet new people from all over the world. The homeliness of the hostel provided a great place to hang out and rest after days of sight seeing or travel. The activities and events they had each night added a lively vibe to the place. I will definitely be returning to this hostel next time I am in Xi'An.

• 5th Jul 2014

Beautiful building and rooms. The bar is very loud; no quiet skype time - wifi reception is poor to make calls. When leaving early in the morning there's no coffee as the staff is slow to boot the machine. Their terracotta warriors tour is a scam. Advertised as "no shops" but they take you to shops, advertised as including an emperor's tomb, but you don't get to see a tomb. They rush you through the terracotta site in one hour and push you into a mediocre lunch. Use public transport instead!

Mikki and Sasha were the only staff at the hostel that weren't rude and that made me feel like they care more about the people staying at the hostel than those buying food. Most of the staff weren't helpful, their patience was quite limited, and IF they did something to help you, it was only up to the bare minimum. They are also not too responsible for their mistakes. The food they sell is extremely pricy as well.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Nice common area, welcomed us with some good watermelon after we walked from train station at 5 AM.

Absolutely fantastic! The staff are extremely helpful with any question you might have–be it about your room or your travels in Xi'an. If you're staying in Xi'an give them a visit!

thank you so much for appreciating Han tangHouse Please believe me, the other seasons of our hostel is more worthy of your expectations. For the problem you mentioned, we will promptly adjusted to provide you with better service. Welcome to come again, we are waiting for you. Thank you for everything you left in our hostel again.

Best hostel I've stayed so far in China. Pleasant staff and very helpful staff. Spacious dorms. Really nothing to complain except for maybe bit pricey menu, but really one should go eat outside anyways ;)

Thank you for speaking highly of our hostel and the staff , we are so appreciated that you enjoyed your stay in hantanghouse, and we will try our best to improve. All the staff hope hope you have a nice trip.

One of the best hostel that i have stayed in China! And the cheapest one! Really good bed!

we do not know how to express the joy of seeing your evaluation, but thank you very much, thank you for liking our hostel and speak highly of it. For sewer plugging problems, according to your suggestions, we have improved, thank you for your timely feedback. I do not know what time you come to Xi'an next time , but the staff sincerely welcome you to come again. Best wishes.

Helpful english speaking staff, good food.

\Thanks for your commendation, all the staff in our hostel hope that we can help you all the time, it is our pleasure and appreciation. But truthfully speaking, what we did is belongs to your support and trust.Have a nice trip!

This hostel is one of the best I've stayed in over my 10 years traveling. The atmosphere was great. It wasn't too loud nor was it boring. Best of both. The rooms were quiet. The staff were great and they spoke English well. Thumbs up to Sasha who made everyone feel at home and gave suggestions on what I should see and do. The bathrooms were not the cleanest, but normal for Hostels. The food was good but expensive (thats normal). wifi was a little weak at times. Good tours available too.

Thank you for your booking.we are so pleased that you gave us these suggestions, we will try our best to be better.thank you for speaking highly of our staff. Greagt greetings.

종루역에서 조~금 걷다보니 있더군요. 산서성 인민정부에서 상당히 가깝습니다. 버스 잘찾으시면 그 인근에서 타세요! 서안역 가는게 있어서 거기갈땐 종루까지 안갔네요. 시설은 좋았습니다. 도미토리 침대도 큼직큼직하고 분위기도 괜찮더라구요. 8천원치고 좋았네요.

Best hostel I've stayed in thus far in China. Helpful, friendly staff, clean rooms, and an excellent bar/communal area. Only knock is that it is more expensive than average, so check your wallet before ordering the next round of beers!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Our staff was very appreciated to help you to solve problems, give you the information of the city. Hope You can understand if we bring some inconvenience, we will redouble our efforts and strive to do better, wish you all the wishes come true and good luck. we are looking froward to seeing you next time.

Staff gave me key for the wrong room when I arrived and there wasn't a bed for me. Had to wait for a couple of hours until I had a bed. The website advertises a 6 beds room when it is actually 8 beds but they only put 6 people in the room. I imagine if the hostel is fully booked there will be 8 people in your 6 beds dorm. The cleanliness of the shower in my room was very poor and I was out toilet paper just after the cleaning lady was gone. Food and drinks more expensive than HanTang Inn.

• 28th Jun 2014

Nice hostel. Decent food, though overpriced. The atmosphere was on the noisy and crowded side.

The location was good. Maybe it is a little hard to find, but we booked the taxi service from the airport that the hostel offered and that was really convinient and for a fair price. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable espacially for the typically hard Chinese beds. The staff spoke good English and helped us a lot when we were planning our trip to another city. Overall it was one of the best hostels we stayed in in China.

I will stay again if I go in the future.

Bar environment upon entering hotel was much too loud and smoky. Also, my single room was opposite a shared bathroom--lots of people talking outside when I tried to sleep. Maybe a quiet sign would help?

• 20th Jun 2014