Han Tang House Reviews

NO.32 Nan Chang Xiang, South of Xincheng Square, Xi'an, China

Good location, decent wifi. Arrived late in the morning via train and staff let us sleep in the common area till the next morning when they let us check in early. Cool bar area but drinks are a little overpriced. Would definitely stay here again.

Thank you for your good comments for us,we are extremely grateful.Thank you for liking our hostel , all of us welcome to back in any time ! We wish you have a good trip in China. Joyce

Excellent choice ! The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were very clean. The atmosphere of the bar was also really nice.

Extremlly great review ! All of us are very appreciate it. We wish you have a good time in China! Joyce

Food was slightly overpriced, bathroom/shower room was dirty at times and wasn't cleaned consistently but in general it was a nice hostel and beds were comfortable. Jaja the tour guide was brilliant and so funny.

Thank you for your comments. The bath room of the dorm room are cleanned by our housekeeper morning and afternoon twice a day.The dorm room is a share room ,all of the dorm with a privite bath room ,the guest use it in differrent time , we will clean it more times.Best wishes! Joyce

Great Location on a largely residential street with a lot of actions: small shops and stores, apartment dwellers hanging out, restaurants, with in walking distance of subway and main Xian action. Pleasant, clean accommodations. We didn't eat at the restaurant/cafe except to have coffee. Great deal for the price.

• 30th Apr 2015

The room was incredible for the money paid I couldn't believe the quality! the shower and bathroom was also exquisite!!! The restaurant and bar, however, is ridiculously expensive but overall I would definitely reccomend the rooms in the hotel!

The staff were friendly and accomdating. The room was one of our favourites in China and exceeded expectations. The tour of the Terra Cotta Soldiers was good value for money and our guide was fantastic.

Stayed in a dorm bed, very comfortable bed and room. Plenty of space in the rooms, large lockers, and a very modern bathroom. The hostel felt very safe and secure.Staff will get to know you and help out in anyway they can. Location wise it is very accessible to the subway and Muslim quarter. Train station is about a twenty minute walk.

The hostel itself was beautiful (very clean & nicely redone), had helpful staff, and was overall our favorite of the trip. Plus, the beds were actually SOFT - nowhere else in China was that true!! The negative for this place is the location, though. It's on a slightly seedy alley. Being within walking distance of the Bell Tower & Muslim Quarter is fantastic, but the walk back to the hostel at night is a little creepy.

Great food, great staff. A good locaton, near the metro and Drum Tower.

This hostel has a great atmosphere where the staff is helpful and very good at english. I stayed in a female dorm and it was really good for the price. I have stayed in many hostels in China and this is the one I liked the most!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

This is definitely the most comfortable and beautiful hostel I've ever stayed in. The room is spacious, with authentic decoration and shower in the room. The staff are very friendly and helpful, not to mention the amazing bar. It is located in a quiet neighborhood. The Muslin Court, Drum Tower, Bell Tower and the old South City Wall are all within walking distance. Besides, the subway and bus stop nearby can easily take you to Train Station. It's really worthwhile.

Nice place, nice staff. Internet was extremely slow and not functioning in our room.

Overall this was a fantastic place to be! The rooms were nice and the shower was one of the best I have ever had in a hostel. The restaurant downstairs does some fantastic western food but be ready to pay the price. It is good but still seemed a little overpriced to me. Plenty of local food options up and down the alleyway. The dumping party was fun but if you're starving eat a snack beforehand, it takes awhile to get to the eating portion! Mikki was fantastic and saved our butts our last evenin

Great place, would recommend to any traveler

As you walk in it's already perfect! Relaxed music, great food and English speaking staff. The only hassle was the lack of an elevator. The walk up to the third floor was quite a challenge. Bed extremely comfortable for a hostel. Shower and toilet also clean. WiFi fast for Chinese standards (I had to transfer video's) but sometimes spotty. Not sure if it was the location on the third floor that caused it. Public transport great and muslim street nearby for awesome food. Overall I felt at home.

Great staff - I was having trouble booking a flight on Ctrip and one of them helped me using a local travel agent. Also, great place to meet people!

This is one of the best hostels that I stayed at in China. The location is central to downtown Xi'an and the train station. The lobby has a good bar that is very loud at night, however the noise does not carry up to the rooms. The dorm rooms were incredibly clean and the beds were awesome - super soft. The staff was friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend staying here.

This place was light years ahead of Home Hostel in Beijing! The only gripes were that the bar/restaurant/lounge was a haven for smokers after 930pm, the residential access door was open a lot (should be secure). I highly recommend this hostel if you are staying in Xian, ppl from all over stay there and the bar/restaurant/lounge is active during the nights.

Great hostel! The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They have great suggestions of places to visit and eat in xi'an! Also the tour to the terracotta warrior was great! The tour guide was amazing and gave great information about the area and the history!

Fabulous hostel. Staff are so helpful and spoke fluent English - very keen to help in any way they can and super friendly. Located near all the main attractions and had a bar area where people seem to mix and socialise very easily. The tours seem to be very well organised also. All in all one of the best hostels we've stayed in in Asia and certainly the best of the Chinese ones. Highly recommend.